Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happened to our plan? 15:00 - Jan 21 with 7971 viewsheadcleaner

I was lead to believe that we always had a plan as to how we operated. Be it on the field "this so called swansea way" and off it.

We seem to be a bit rabbit in the headlights at the moment and the tide seems to be turning on the board. Maybe we should have sold to the Americans after all. A semi dignified exit for the current board maybe. At this rate they'll be hounded out if we were to drop out of the prem.

Any supporters nights coming up with Jenkins and dineen in attendance? Might lay to rest a few concerns supporters have to rest.

A tidy striker would certainly appease a lot of supporters.
What happened to our plan? on 22:58 - Jan 21 with 1089 viewsepaul

What happened to our plan? on 20:08 - Jan 21 by stonedroses

Loved the football we played then it was our first 2 seasons in the premiership. Can anyone remember the "Swansea Triangle" and "Your only here to watch the Swans"?????

I still follow The Swansea Triangle on twitter, strangely its not posted for a long long time perhaps I should unfollow

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

What happened to our plan? on 07:21 - Jan 22 with 1035 viewsjack247

What happened to our plan? on 19:05 - Jan 21 by Rancid

The 'Swansea Way' was never going to last forever.In the Championship or lower leagues it might still be alive but up here in the PL it was always going to be nullified once we were seen as a real threat and not some fly by night club.Clubs and players are t6oo clever and good to allow us so much posession in games and we had to evolve at some point.That point, for me, came in Laudrups second season when he thought it needed tweaking to move forward.It didn't work so Monk was given the honour of taking us back to our old style, which he promised too.But even then with success our ethos had changed and instead of posession football unde Monk we relied on soaking up pressure and then sucker punching other sides.

I fear the 'Swansea way' is long gone.

It doesn't work, because we consciously decided to stop playing it. Virtually everyone else in this league has financial backing. If we turn into a run of the mill side, the lack of finances will catch up with us quickly, we will be playing similar football to others, but with cheaper players and we will go down.

Not many teams actually worked us out, they knew what we were going to do, but couldn't stop it. As was said above, Everton and Norwich nullified it, not many others did.

The problem with the Swansea way now, is that Garry took us so far away from it, half the team aren't suited to playing it.
What happened to our plan? on 07:51 - Jan 22 with 1022 viewsKilkennyjack

What happened to our plan? on 07:21 - Jan 22 by jack247

It doesn't work, because we consciously decided to stop playing it. Virtually everyone else in this league has financial backing. If we turn into a run of the mill side, the lack of finances will catch up with us quickly, we will be playing similar football to others, but with cheaper players and we will go down.

Not many teams actually worked us out, they knew what we were going to do, but couldn't stop it. As was said above, Everton and Norwich nullified it, not many others did.

The problem with the Swansea way now, is that Garry took us so far away from it, half the team aren't suited to playing it.

I agree with that

Beware of the Risen People

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024