Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie just scored at Utd 16:45 - Jan 23 with 12075 viewsbosh67

7 mins into his debut.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:46 - Jan 23 with 6314 viewsDeepcutHoop

Good for him.
Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:47 - Jan 23 with 6301 viewsstrikerace

header in the 87th minute
Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:47 - Jan 23 with 6289 viewsDesertBoot

Fantastic. Well done Charlie

Wish I could be like David Watts

Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:48 - Jan 23 with 6267 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Good man
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 16:48]
Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:48 - Jan 23 with 6262 viewsAntti_Heinola

Well done Charlie!

Bare bones.

Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:50 - Jan 23 with 6197 viewseghamranger

Still can't believe we only got 4 million for him
Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:51 - Jan 23 with 6166 viewsDeepcutHoop

Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:50 - Jan 23 by eghamranger

I still can't believe we managed to get any money for him at this point.
Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:52 - Jan 23 with 6149 viewsStanisgod

4 millon f#cking quid.it hurts 😭😭😭

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:53 - Jan 23 with 6137 viewsAndyB

Happy for him cos he deserves prem football
Happy for soton cos they are a decent club
Happy to see Man U get beat - always

So why do i feel pissed off?
Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:54 - Jan 23 with 6089 viewsShunter

and Liverpool paid 32.5million for Christian Bentek..............

Good on ya Charlie !!!
Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:55 - Jan 23 with 6079 viewsLowerloftLad

Polter scored again too today

I did read somewhere that if Austin scores 12 goals this season we get 500k so if there's any truth in that I'm happy for QPR he scored
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 16:57]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:56 - Jan 23 with 6038 viewsQPR_Jim

Pleased for him, hope he does enough for an England call up.

4m isn't what he's worth, we all know that, but it is what he was worth to us with 6 months left of his contract and no intention of extending his stay here.
Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:57 - Jan 23 with 6028 viewsQPRDave

Just to further confirm even more what a shit tip of club we are.

Well done Charlie.
Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:01 - Jan 23 with 5927 viewsDiscodroids

Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:50 - Jan 23 by eghamranger

well done Chas.

In the final analysis

A) We Purchase Charlie Austin at £4 million .

B) He scores 86 goals in 164 games , an English Striker with 18 goals in the premier league last season in a terrible, arthritic , decrepit team.

C) we then sell Charlie Austin for £4 million .

Something somewhere went Badly wrong between points A and C to end up with a fee you'rd get for a latvian left back with one functioning testicle. Johnny Ball aint gonna tell me any different.

I realise we cant afford principals with FFP hanging over us like a spear of destiny but id rather he fu cked off for nothing and we retained a bit of dignity. Rather than scamper round on the dirty floor scuffling up southamptons loose change like filthy super tennants soaked beggars.

i hope they gave fernandes the elastic band off their Wad so he can keep his flapping tramp shoes together.

Makes The Rowlands/Dowie /Trevor Sinclair Transfer Seem like a canny bit of business that Jordan Belfort would Chuck a dwarf at in admiration.

Not angry, just fked off.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 17:03]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:05 - Jan 23 with 5885 viewsstrikerace

Austin created the free kick too with some physical play in the corner. So he set up the free kick, and then headed it in. ManU fans were upset.
Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:06 - Jan 23 with 5877 viewsHarbour

Well done charlie pleased for you...the guy is a legend we were priveledged to see him at LR....charlie for england
Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:07 - Jan 23 with 5863 viewsQPR_John

Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:01 - Jan 23 by Discodroids

well done Chas.

In the final analysis

B) He scores 86 goals in 164 games , an English Striker with 18 goals in the premier league last season in a terrible, arthritic , decrepit team.

Something somewhere went Badly wrong between points A and C to end up with a fee you'rd get for a latvian left back with one functioning testicle. Johnny Ball aint gonna tell me any different.

I realise we cant afford principals with FFP hanging over us like a spear of destiny but id rather he fu cked off for nothing and we retained a bit of dignity. Rather than scamper round on the dirty floor scuffling up southamptons loose change like filthy super tennants soaked beggars.

i hope they gave fernandes the elastic band off their Wad so he can keep his flapping tramp shoes together.

Makes The Rowlands/Dowie /Trevor Sinclair Transfer Seem like a canny bit of business that Jordan Belfort would Chuck a dwarf at in admiration.

"Makes The Rowlands/Dowie /Trevor Sinclair Transfer Seem like a canny bit of business"

There are times when you are slightly over the top but I think that comment is a step too far
Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:08 - Jan 23 with 5845 viewsDeepcutHoop

Charlie just scored at Utd on 16:57 - Jan 23 by QPRDave

Just to further confirm even more what a shit tip of club we are.

Well done Charlie.

Not really. Just a gamble on getting the right money for him in the summer, which we didn't get. If we'd sold him for less than we'd asked for, the club would have got dogs abuse from idiot fans.

At this stage when we were expecting he would be signing a pre-contract somewhere, he's got a chance to go to a club he wanted, and asked to leave, allowing us to get an unexpected fee, and not have to pay his wages for the remainder of his contract.

Not really sure what the club were meant to do. We could only sell him if he wanted to sign for whoever was bidding, not sure how we expect the club to control either.

Unless you think we should have got him to sign a new contract, which is fairer perhaps but we have no idea whether we offered him one, or whether he wanted to sign a new contract anyway.
Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:09 - Jan 23 with 5831 viewsDeepcutHoop

Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:05 - Jan 23 by strikerace

Austin created the free kick too with some physical play in the corner. So he set up the free kick, and then headed it in. ManU fans were upset.

Wish we had a striker that could do that........
Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:10 - Jan 23 with 5823 viewsrichranger

Here we go again.

We didn't sell Charlie Austin in the summer because he didn't want to go to any of the clubs that made offers. He didn't want to sign a new contract either - he wanted to run down his contract and get a big money (for him) free transfer to a big club. Then Southampton came in for him....

So how are the club at fault? It's all about player power. Charlie had us over a barrel, and good luck to him. £4 million is better than nothing.
Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:10 - Jan 23 with 5798 viewsDiscodroids

Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:07 - Jan 23 by QPR_John

"Makes The Rowlands/Dowie /Trevor Sinclair Transfer Seem like a canny bit of business"

There are times when you are slightly over the top but I think that comment is a step too far

Just expressing my opinion, if you dont feel that way thats all gravy. I wish i could inject more passion into this debate, but i cant.Its how i feel.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:11 - Jan 23 with 5793 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone else hope players that leave us fail?

Or just bitter bastards like me?
Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:14 - Jan 23 with 5745 viewsisawqpratwcity

Am I the only one around here that is slightly peeved that he could have been playing for us for several weeks but wasn't?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:23 - Jan 23 with 5636 viewsisawqpratwcity

Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:11 - Jan 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Anyone else hope players that leave us fail?

Or just bitter bastards like me?

I do, but only when they didn't perform for us.

I've got a little bit of shit-on-the-liver about Charlie (see my post above) but nothing serious.

In fact, I'd have to say he gets bonus points for scoring the winner at OT.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:23 - Jan 23 with 5635 viewsichbinnaughty

Charlie just scored at Utd on 17:01 - Jan 23 by Discodroids

well done Chas.

In the final analysis

There needs to be the full picture here.

We sign Charlie for £4m. After another club decided that medically he constituted some element of risk that meant they (Hull) were not comfortable paying several MILLION pounds against.
We took a risk - albeit on a player that had a consistently outstanding goal scoring record at every level he's played. We signed Charlie by offering a three year contract on, no doubt, more wages than he had ever earned before. A fee and no doubt some reasonable wages. A risk.

Charlie does very very well for us.
We were, for once, rewarded for taking a risk.

At some point over the intervening two years (no doubt when we were in the Premier League) we must surely have offered a new contract. I'm assuming Charlie's agent advised to "concentrate on your football, focus on keeping scoring the goals, and we'll see where both we and QPR are at the end of the season". In other words, thanks for the offer, we want to consider contracts after the season ends. Standard conduct.

QPR are relegated. Charlie has, meanwhile, shone.
QPR try to sign Charlie to a longer contract. "Come on Charlie, we want you, your happy, your family are happy, why not sign this new contract".

He never did. The club under performed, as ever.
What else could the club do?
Nothing except at least cash in as much as possible, and maintain a very good relationship with a modern day club legend.
To coat the club is naive and petty and pathetic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024