Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be very disappointed 14:42 - Feb 1 with 5411 viewsswansealad69

Should we not get anyone else in
Yes we have brought a striker in (one that is not a prolific goal scorer ) but at least it's a player
But we shipped out Jonjo and he had to go and had decent money
But now we need a replacement and had a few weeks to sort it out
Be very disappointed on 14:49 - Feb 1 with 3068 viewsEasternJack

Thanks for this - been looking all week for a thread to post something about the lack of transfers in...

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Be very disappointed on 14:53 - Feb 1 with 3021 viewsStarsky

SL69...
You've been very disappointed since we got promoted.
What do you think of the last 2 wins? Haven't seen anything about that.
There's no balance with you at all. Feckin moan moan moan.

It's just the internet, init.

Be very disappointed on 14:55 - Feb 1 with 3010 viewsicecoldjack

I give the same answer as I gave on a previous thread

I don't quite understand the stress with all this signing players malarkey myself, if we got the money and are desperate and not spending it fair enough, but the club isn't flush and the playing squad isn't that bad.

A new manager can maybe turn fringe players into valuable players, our first team is decent it doesn't need major surgery.

Relax and enjoy the ride, if we go down so be it, the club won't go bust spending beyond its means and we should respect this .

Defense - we have cover there at fullback and center half, maybe the manager will change how we play there to accommodate a back three?
Midfield - decent enough , with options in the center and players that can change around.
Attack - a bit light so we signed a striker.

The bench - no point in paying millions for the likes of Fulton,grimes,emnes,Kingsley nordfelt if they never ever get a chance to progress and shine, as Kingsley did when coming on in the cup game.

It's nice to sign top quality of course but it is what it is, I'm sure the board would love to stay up more than us fans ,after all it's them that gets a dividend not me!

Sooner rather than later the swans will perhaps start to struggle at this level due to the sheer finance involved , next season we get more cash but where do you think that will go ? Straight into the pocket of average players who instead of wanting 30k a week will then be wanting 40 k a week , a top player instead of wanting 60k a week will then want 80 k a week!

The truth is unless we can return to thinking smart and outside the box with our signings lie, ala laudrup s. Spanish boys, the writing is on the wall for us in this league.

Best not to end up like Bolton,Leeds,Cardiff,Coventry,Sheffield we'd,Sheffield utd, notts forest,Portsmouth. Etc,etc. and a lot of those clubs had 'sugar daddies ' to prop them up.

The Swansea way includes being prudent and thinking smart as well as playing football a certain way
Be very disappointed on 14:55 - Feb 1 with 2999 viewsjasper_T

I'll be very disappointed if we waste money on any of the dross we're being linked with.
Be very disappointed on 14:57 - Feb 1 with 2978 viewstomdickharry

Its all about £SD,believe we were in an embarrassing cash flow position and the Shelvey money was swallowed up in no time,forget any more signings unless they are a loan at a knock down price, we will solider on in spite of as they say.
Be very disappointed on 14:59 - Feb 1 with 2941 viewsNookiejack

Be very disappointed on 14:55 - Feb 1 by icecoldjack

I don't quite understand the stress with all this signing players malarkey myself, if we got the money and are desperate and not spending it fair enough, but the club isn't flush and the playing squad isn't that bad.

A new manager can maybe turn fringe players into valuable players, our first team is decent it doesn't need major surgery.

Relax and enjoy the ride, if we go down so be it, the club won't go bust spending beyond its means and we should respect this .

Defense - we have cover there at fullback and center half, maybe the manager will change how we play there to accommodate a back three?
Midfield - decent enough , with options in the center and players that can change around.

The bench - no point in paying millions for the likes of Fulton,grimes,emnes,Kingsley nordfelt if they never ever get a chance to progress and shine, as Kingsley did when coming on in the cup game.

It's nice to sign top quality of course but it is what it is, I'm sure the board would love to stay up more than us fans ,after all it's them that gets a dividend not me!

Sooner rather than later the swans will perhaps start to struggle at this level due to the sheer finance involved , next season we get more cash but where do you think that will go ? Straight into the pocket of average players who instead of wanting 30k a week will then be wanting 40 k a week , a top player instead of wanting 60k a week will then want 80 k a week!

The truth is unless we can return to thinking smart and outside the box with our signings lie, ala laudrup s. Spanish boys, the writing is on the wall for us in this league.

Best not to end up like Bolton,Leeds,Cardiff,Coventry,Sheffield we'd,Sheffield utd, notts forest,Portsmouth. Etc,etc. and a lot of those clubs had 'sugar daddies ' to prop them up.

The Swansea way includes being prudent and thinking smart as well as playing football a certain way

Terrific stuff
Be very disappointed on 15:01 - Feb 1 with 2905 viewsStarsky

Fantastic post.
Post of 2016

It's just the internet, init.

Be very disappointed on 15:07 - Feb 1 with 2832 viewsPegojack

The club have addressed the two major issues as far as I'm concerned.

They got rid of a disruptive half wit with an over inflated opinion of himself, and made good money out of him. They have brought in a striker, time will tell if he's the answer to our prayers, but no complaints about the cost and the level of player bought.

Anything else is a bonus.

People need to avoid getting carried away with the hype. We have a good squad and the last two performances have been very encouraging. Keep going like that and I've no doubt we will escape relegation.

We'll see from Newcastle if bringing in a shedload of players is the answer to a struggling club's fortunes. Personally, I think it has the potential to be as much a disruption as a help, trying to turn all those strangers into a team that can hit the ground running.
Login to get fewer ads

Be very disappointed on 15:08 - Feb 1 with 2824 viewsswansealad69

Be very disappointed on 14:53 - Feb 1 by Starsky

SL69...
You've been very disappointed since we got promoted.
What do you think of the last 2 wins? Haven't seen anything about that.
There's no balance with you at all. Feckin moan moan moan.

Thought the wins were very good and pleating
I am sick off our board and the way they seam to use the club as if it's fifa on the fecking xbox.
Jenkings wasted 9mil on 2 players in the summer only for them not to do anything
Why is he buying players
Why don't we have money
Why was a new manager a pointed earlier rather then give to Curtis
Something ain't right at our club and it's all in the boardroom
Change is needed and someone needs to come in to freshen it up as they seam to be going stagnant
Its not about moaning and being negative but sick off the board bringing in management that are yes men to the board rather then someone with his own way off thinking and the players he wants rather then what the chairman wants
Be very disappointed on 15:09 - Feb 1 with 2810 viewsgadgetuk

How many "Disappointed" threads do we need?

I will be quite happy if we retain what we have plus our new striker.

We have the players for multiple formations, I still think Bafe can do a job for us and we've got rid of the most disruptive player for a 7 million pound profit. I would rather we put faith in our new coach to get us through to the end of the season when we can really assess who we need to bring in/ship out to get us back to the style of football we used to be known for.

Better that than to waste 10million on a journeyman player and be tied to him for 3+ years on 50k a week, which is often the case in the January window.
Be very disappointed on 15:19 - Feb 1 with 2728 viewsswansealad69

Will agree that's a good reply
My concerns are those that the board are becoming all cocooned amongst them self's And looking out for one and other
And off course there is the trust chairman who does most if not all the club's printing as he has a printing firm
We all know we can't compete with the big boys and must run within a budget but I just don't agree with the board doing our scouting and deciding what players to bring in
That's why we get young management teams so that our board can be in full control
Be very disappointed on 15:22 - Feb 1 with 2699 viewsdeanscfc

To be fair, we are taking a big risk if we don't sign anyone else. An attacking midfielder or cover at full back would be good. A long way to get to safety yet.
Be very disappointed on 15:25 - Feb 1 with 2670 viewsswansealad69

Be very disappointed on 15:09 - Feb 1 by gadgetuk

How many "Disappointed" threads do we need?

I will be quite happy if we retain what we have plus our new striker.

We have the players for multiple formations, I still think Bafe can do a job for us and we've got rid of the most disruptive player for a 7 million pound profit. I would rather we put faith in our new coach to get us through to the end of the season when we can really assess who we need to bring in/ship out to get us back to the style of football we used to be known for.

Better that than to waste 10million on a journeyman player and be tied to him for 3+ years on 50k a week, which is often the case in the January window.

Dombia to Newcastle till the end season is a great signing and 1 that won't affect them should they go down
We could so easily have done the same with him but didn't.
Yes we have to be careful but we allso need to show some intent and increase our chances at staying in the prem
Be very disappointed on 15:29 - Feb 1 with 2640 viewsUxbridge

Be very disappointed on 15:19 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

Will agree that's a good reply
My concerns are those that the board are becoming all cocooned amongst them self's And looking out for one and other
And off course there is the trust chairman who does most if not all the club's printing as he has a printing firm
We all know we can't compete with the big boys and must run within a budget but I just don't agree with the board doing our scouting and deciding what players to bring in
That's why we get young management teams so that our board can be in full control

So many inaccuracies. I'm sure Phil will be interesting to know he does the printing now ..

Does anyone really believe Huw does all the scouting and deciding which players to bring in. As for Monk being his puppet, the evidence doesn't really stack up does it ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Be very disappointed on 15:35 - Feb 1 with 2577 viewsDarran

Hideous f*cking thread again.

That's why we get a young management team my arse,I can't remember appointing an older one.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Be very disappointed on 15:35 - Feb 1 with 2583 viewsswansealad69

Be very disappointed on 15:29 - Feb 1 by Uxbridge

So many inaccuracies. I'm sure Phil will be interesting to know he does the printing now ..

Does anyone really believe Huw does all the scouting and deciding which players to bring in. As for Monk being his puppet, the evidence doesn't really stack up does it ...

A certain huw cooze is head off the trust is believe
And Monk said earlier in the season that the players brought in were not his players.
Be very disappointed on 15:37 - Feb 1 with 2567 viewsswansealad69

Be very disappointed on 15:35 - Feb 1 by Darran

Hideous f*cking thread again.

That's why we get a young management team my arse,I can't remember appointing an older one.

We have now my Weeley friend
Be very disappointed on 15:39 - Feb 1 with 2535 viewsDarran

Be very disappointed on 15:37 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

We have now my Weeley friend

So if we have now wtf you moaning about you illiterate c^nt?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Be very disappointed on 15:43 - Feb 1 with 2505 viewsvetchonian

Be very disappointed on 15:25 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

Dombia to Newcastle till the end season is a great signing and 1 that won't affect them should they go down
We could so easily have done the same with him but didn't.
Yes we have to be careful but we allso need to show some intent and increase our chances at staying in the prem

We also have signed a striker.......one who our manager knows and has worked with before. Dombia is not known by any of our staff ( or Newcastles for that matter) so how does anyone know if he would fit in? What is stomach is for a relegation fight?
So we have shown some intent in staying up. Scoring goals has been our problem we needed a striker so we have signed one.
Replace Shelvey? Do we need to? Have some "bench" quality in Grimes and Fulton Franco may have different ideas about formations which may not employ Leon,Cork ,Ki and Siggy all playing together.
Signing players is no guarantee to PL survival.......just ask QPR!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Be very disappointed on 15:44 - Feb 1 with 2487 viewsswansealad69

Be very disappointed on 15:35 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

And Monk said earlier in the season that the players brought in were not his players.

The last manager was ml who was allowed to bring his players in
And if I'm not mistaken we had something like 10 players out at 1 point and playing in Europe
Now I know ml had problems in his past and moved on alot but do u think ml when asking for players to strengthen the side for a push in Europe and the prem he would have asked for marvin and nggog?
I dought they were players he wanted at a crucial time do u.
Psychology the only hideous thing on this site is fecking u
Be very disappointed on 15:45 - Feb 1 with 2480 viewsLandore_Jack

Be very disappointed on 15:43 - Feb 1 by vetchonian

We also have signed a striker.......one who our manager knows and has worked with before. Dombia is not known by any of our staff ( or Newcastles for that matter) so how does anyone know if he would fit in? What is stomach is for a relegation fight?
So we have shown some intent in staying up. Scoring goals has been our problem we needed a striker so we have signed one.
Replace Shelvey? Do we need to? Have some "bench" quality in Grimes and Fulton Franco may have different ideas about formations which may not employ Leon,Cork ,Ki and Siggy all playing together.
Signing players is no guarantee to PL survival.......just ask QPR!

Grimes was shocking against Oxford.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2016 15:45]

#backtojack

Be very disappointed on 15:46 - Feb 1 with 2456 viewsvetchonian

Be very disappointed on 15:45 - Feb 1 by Landore_Jack

Grimes was shocking against Oxford.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2016 15:45]

Less so than Shelvey !
[Post edited 1 Feb 2016 15:49]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Be very disappointed on 15:50 - Feb 1 with 2397 viewsUxbridge

Be very disappointed on 15:35 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

You believe incorrectly.

On both points.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Be very disappointed on 15:51 - Feb 1 with 2388 viewsLoyal

Be very disappointed on 15:01 - Feb 1 by Starsky

Fantastic post.
Post of 2016

So far 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Be very disappointed on 15:53 - Feb 1 with 2371 viewsswansealad69

Be very disappointed on 15:50 - Feb 1 by Uxbridge

You believe incorrectly.

On both points.

Nope
Think u will find I'm right on both
But hey believe what u will
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024