Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be very disappointed 14:42 - Feb 1 with 5520 viewsswansealad69

Should we not get anyone else in
Yes we have brought a striker in (one that is not a prolific goal scorer ) but at least it's a player
But we shipped out Jonjo and he had to go and had decent money
But now we need a replacement and had a few weeks to sort it out
Be very disappointed on 19:28 - Feb 1 with 771 viewsvetchonian

Be very disappointed on 19:13 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

Surely u belive we should have done more tho.
We had a much needed confidence boost against Everton and we all new that we needed a striker
We get 1 in but let 1 go and the other might still be gone and if not ain't going to keep us up
We sold a creative midfielder and I will say that it's good business but looks like we ain't going to get 1 in
Send our replacement left back out on loan now have only tailor and a youth player
Its a massive gamble and 1 that could come back and bite us on the ass
Newcastle have gone over the top but have done what was needed
Sunderland the same as have Bournemouth and Norwich
We have now a weaker first team with Jonjo gone and a weaker squad with eder and tab gone.

You really believe we are weaker without Shelvey?
Unfortuneately this season he became our weakest link. Without him we already look a quicker side.yes he has talent but his sedentary style didn't help our long standing game.....plus his attitude was poisoning rthe team spirit which has been one of our strengths.
The striker we have let go has not ripped up any trees and most on here have criticised him plus if Franco saw something in him I doubt we would be letting him go. It's all about balancing the books why keep 3 so called 1st choice strikers on the books?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Be very disappointed on 19:28 - Feb 1 with 769 viewsDarran

Be very disappointed on 19:25 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

Feck me the wheelie warrior is off again
Having a debate that's perfectly reasonable and just but again u bring feck all to the table.
Go and ride with the busses u cent.

Coherent post too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Be very disappointed on 19:30 - Feb 1 with 758 viewsStarsky

Be very disappointed on 19:28 - Feb 1 by Darran

Coherent post too.

Bring something to the table mun.
I'll have a masala

It's just the internet, init.

Be very disappointed on 19:32 - Feb 1 with 751 viewslondonlisa2001

Be very disappointed on 19:25 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

Feck me the wheelie warrior is off again
Having a debate that's perfectly reasonable and just but again u bring feck all to the table.
Go and ride with the busses u cent.

Sometimes I swear it's like the Algonquin Round Table on here.
Be very disappointed on 19:34 - Feb 1 with 739 viewsswansealad69

Be very disappointed on 19:19 - Feb 1 by vetchonian

Are we really thinner?
swapped Eder for another striker in terms of squad not literally as fee involved so one for one and hopefully will be an improvement in terms of quality.
The January window is about tweaking the squad not wholesale changes this is the summer window task. I guess in the summer Leon was not considered to be one of the "main" squad midfielders ,he now appears to be back in the fold thereby increasing that pool so even with Shelvey gone ( and I am not for one minute saying Leon fills that "hole") we have other squad members who could come in if injury hits. Grimes and Fulton , left back could be covered by Naughton and Kingsley. There was quality in the squad but our management had lost its way ...as proven when Curt and Adams stepped in. Franco himself has said about
Not changing too much at the movement so why would we go out Newcastle/Sunderland in desperation to rip things up and start again?.
The acid test is what we do in the summer..... I for one believe we will again be preparing for another season in the Premier the addition of a "better" striker in this window ,the removal of some unsettling influences and a new coaching team will bring us safety.......splashing the cash in January has never been the prevention of relegation.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2016 19:31]

Agree with the striker swap
But the other 2 out the door weakness our squad as we had the other players here anyway.
We do have a quality first 11 and we should in no way be in the position we find our self's in
And agree we lost our way under Monk who should not have had the job in the first place as he was mates with many off the players for a long time and had no experience when things started going wrong

But we should at least replace any position that we lose players to
We are in a fight here till the end off the season and can we realy look at youth team players to step up to the mark.
As I said it a huge gamble and we should have had Atleast 2 more players in
They don't have to be top drawer or expensive but players who are premiere level or played in the prem and have experience
Be very disappointed on 19:37 - Feb 1 with 733 viewswhiterock

Be very disappointed on 19:34 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

But the other 2 out the door weakness our squad as we had the other players here anyway.
We do have a quality first 11 and we should in no way be in the position we find our self's in
And agree we lost our way under Monk who should not have had the job in the first place as he was mates with many off the players for a long time and had no experience when things started going wrong

We are in a fight here till the end off the season and can we realy look at youth team players to step up to the mark.
They don't have to be top drawer or expensive but players who are premiere level or played in the prem and have experience

Fer Fer Fer ferfuk sake man, give it a rest
Be very disappointed on 19:46 - Feb 1 with 712 viewsvetchonian

Be very disappointed on 19:34 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

Still 3 hours till the window closes so who knows who might still come in.
We also have to trust in Franco as I would have thought he has had some say in who has left seeing as he has now had 2 weeks or so to assess the players at his disposal from all of our ranks and must trust him to be making the right decisions
[Post edited 1 Feb 2016 19:47]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Be very disappointed on 19:53 - Feb 1 with 704 viewsjack247

Be very disappointed on 19:19 - Feb 1 by vetchonian

Are we really thinner?
swapped Eder for another striker in terms of squad not literally as fee involved so one for one and hopefully will be an improvement in terms of quality.
The January window is about tweaking the squad not wholesale changes this is the summer window task. I guess in the summer Leon was not considered to be one of the "main" squad midfielders ,he now appears to be back in the fold thereby increasing that pool so even with Shelvey gone ( and I am not for one minute saying Leon fills that "hole") we have other squad members who could come in if injury hits. Grimes and Fulton , left back could be covered by Naughton and Kingsley. There was quality in the squad but our management had lost its way ...as proven when Curt and Adams stepped in. Franco himself has said about
Not changing too much at the movement so why would we go out Newcastle/Sunderland in desperation to rip things up and start again?.
The acid test is what we do in the summer..... I for one believe we will again be preparing for another season in the Premier the addition of a "better" striker in this window ,the removal of some unsettling influences and a new coaching team will bring us safety.......splashing the cash in January has never been the prevention of relegation.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2016 19:31]

Yeah we are thinner. We wouldn't have considered Leon a first team player in the summer agreed, but most of us didn't expect a relegation battle back then either. I'm comparing it to where we were a month ago. We have a pretty thin squad with very little room for manoeuvre (I.e. injuries or suspension to Siggy, Ayew, Paloschi, even Taylor). I'd have though that we would have reinforced this window. No issues with any of the departures, but I'd have expected to have replaced them with better. It's difficult to agree with Fulton, Grimes or Kingsley in the team in a relegation battle, no matter how much potential they have.

Splashing the cash doesn't prevent relegation unless you improve your first team/squad. Then it certainly improves your chances.

I'd agree we will probably still be a Premier League club next year, I'd have just liked to see us do a bit more to ensure it.

I personally don't think Guidollin would have looked at us and said 'tell you what Huw, that squad looks fine, all I need is Paloschi and we will stay up. Hopefully Leroy Fer will happen. Wouldn't have been many peoples first choice, but at least it's a body in midfield and he brings something different.
Login to get fewer ads

Be very disappointed on 20:08 - Feb 1 with 679 viewsswansealad69

Be very disappointed on 19:37 - Feb 1 by whiterock

Fer Fer Fer ferfuk sake man, give it a rest

Give what a rest
The lack or unwilling effort our so called saviours have done this season to keep the club in the prem
Leroy fer😂😂😂
Wile I will agree he is a football player I dare say big Sam will be throwing in the towel
Be very disappointed on 21:55 - Feb 1 with 618 viewsEdmundo

Be very disappointed on 19:53 - Feb 1 by jack247

Yeah we are thinner. We wouldn't have considered Leon a first team player in the summer agreed, but most of us didn't expect a relegation battle back then either. I'm comparing it to where we were a month ago. We have a pretty thin squad with very little room for manoeuvre (I.e. injuries or suspension to Siggy, Ayew, Paloschi, even Taylor). I'd have though that we would have reinforced this window. No issues with any of the departures, but I'd have expected to have replaced them with better. It's difficult to agree with Fulton, Grimes or Kingsley in the team in a relegation battle, no matter how much potential they have.

Splashing the cash doesn't prevent relegation unless you improve your first team/squad. Then it certainly improves your chances.

I'd agree we will probably still be a Premier League club next year, I'd have just liked to see us do a bit more to ensure it.

I personally don't think Guidollin would have looked at us and said 'tell you what Huw, that squad looks fine, all I need is Paloschi and we will stay up. Hopefully Leroy Fer will happen. Wouldn't have been many peoples first choice, but at least it's a body in midfield and he brings something different.

He's got enough quality here to keep us up and more. This window is just shyte, overated players at well over the normal transfer fee.

Happy if we get a few more in during the summer window👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Be very disappointed on 22:01 - Feb 1 with 593 viewsjack247

Be very disappointed on 21:55 - Feb 1 by Edmundo

He's got enough quality here to keep us up and more. This window is just shyte, overated players at well over the normal transfer fee.

Happy if we get a few more in during the summer window👍

That's what I'm hoping. That the players we have are still quality, Garry just couldn't get them to perform.

If not, we haven't significantly strengthened a weak squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024