Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Progression, stagnation or regression? 08:32 - Feb 9 with 11925 viewsTalkingSutty

Trying to make comparisons from one season to the next is obviously dictated by the performance of the players within the squad. Bad luck with injuries and financial constraints also play a part so sometimes the managers hands are tied when it comes to improvement.

This is turning into a pretty weird season and when you start to look through the squad of players how many have improved, stagnated or progressed? You would expect the younger players to improve and the older ones to maybe stagnate or possibly regress.

Would it be negative of me to suggest that the amount of players who have actually progressed isn't very many? Callum Camps springs to mind as a progression but on the flip side Peter Vincenti has shown regression, is that harsh? Jamie Allen seems to have stagnated for instance. Obviously there can be valid reasons like carrying a injury or being played out of position.

I think it's pretty obvious Hillys got a lot of shape shifting to do during the summer months, a lot of squad players are not contributing to the first team.

Which players would fit into each category for this current season?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2016 8:46]
Progression, stagnation or regression? on 13:46 - Mar 31 with 1134 viewsTalkingSutty

Progression, stagnation or regression? on 12:59 - Mar 31 by boromat

This is what I think the list will look like at the end of the season.

Progressed
Camps
Raff
Lund (First season back with less injuries)
Allen (Apart from the injury he's now looking better than ever)
McDermott (Now has a place in the team can he perform consistently until the end of the season?)
NML (Same as Donal)
Eastham (Came back in and has been better than last season in my opinion)
Rose (Developed into a solid defensive midfielder, he looked out of position at times last year not anymore)
Andrew
Bunney

Stagnated
Hendo
Cannon

Regressed
Vincenti
Lancashire
Bennett

Not seen enough of
RNL
Tanser
Hooper
Billy
Bell
Diba

Overall I think we've improved as a squad but there could be some surprises in the summer depending on any player sales.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2016 13:00]

That's a very fair assessment I think. Vincenti is a strange one, I am sure he will admit his performances haven't been up to scratch this season, reflected in the number of starts he's made.
I don't think he's a worry though, he's proved what he is capable of and I fully expect him to come back stronger either over the next month or from the start of next season. Good shout regarding Andrew also, he can do a job for us and is a good squad member.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2016 14:18]
Progression, stagnation or regression? on 14:13 - Mar 31 with 1087 viewsdingdangblue

Progression, stagnation or regression? on 13:46 - Mar 31 by TalkingSutty

That's a very fair assessment I think. Vincenti is a strange one, I am sure he will admit his performances haven't been up to scratch this season, reflected in the number of starts he's made.
I don't think he's a worry though, he's proved what he is capable of and I fully expect him to come back stronger either over the next month or from the start of next season. Good shout regarding Andrew also, he can do a job for us and is a good squad member.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2016 14:18]

Maybe Vincenti hasn't hit the heights of last season - but he has been a superb addition by Hill in the long term. And his goal against Sheffield United is one of my moments of the season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024