Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. 20:14 - Feb 19 with 16618 viewsexiledclaseboy

F*ck me get on with it. Everyone knows you're going to come out with something fairly meaningless that you'll hail as a triumph before your Cabinet members start scratching each other's eyes out from now until all eternity.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2016 20:22]

Poll: Tory leader

Cameron's EU on 17:53 - Feb 21 with 894 viewsdgt73

Cameron's EU on 17:48 - Feb 21 by londonlisa2001

Some people are. You may not be. Not the same thing.

Some people are - yes. The vast majority are not.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:54 - Feb 21 with 894 viewslondonlisa2001

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:14 - Feb 21 by jojaca

Out for me, my young daughter brought home the names of her classroom to make Xmas cards and more than half the class were from the Eastern part of Europe. More Eastern Europeans seem to popping up at work as well. It's just a massive strain on our public services and I have also been reading too many conspiracy about it's in the elite's interest to keep the Euro, so it will be easier to achieve their New World Order with microchip population etc.

We don't have the Euro. We never will have the Euro. The Eurozone will continue to have the Euro whatever we vote. The whole we don't have to have the Euro part of the 'agreement' is a nonsense as we weren't going to join anyway.
Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:58 - Feb 21 with 887 viewsjojaca

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:43 - Feb 21 by ymaohyd

Our for me also.

As a Welsh nationalist I have always leant towards a European bias, seeing a stronger Wales under the umbrella of Europe.

Quite honestly I've had a gutsful now of the extreme difficulties caused by the immigration question in Europe

Personally I want extreme measures to be imposed with border controls, benefits etc. I'm sure under most questions it will make more sense to stay in Europe, for me though the prevailing question is border security and sending half of the illegal immigrants in the UK back to where they came from.

Sorry but enough is enough.

I agree, control our borders and no benefits unless you have paid into the system for ten years.

Even when you know, you never know?

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:59 - Feb 21 with 879 viewsdgt73

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:50 - Feb 21 by londonlisa2001

There are only big repercussions about him because he's managed to make a big media fuss about it.

He plays the media beautifully. A thoroughly nasty piece of work, who manages to persuade people he's a likeable eccentric. Nothing could be further from the truth.

A nasty piece of work you say. What has that got to do with the upcoming referendum ?.

Cameron's EU on 18:00 - Feb 21 with 875 viewslondonlisa2001

Cameron's EU on 17:53 - Feb 21 by dgt73

Some people are - yes. The vast majority are not.

Again, not a statement that you can substantiate. There is no way you can tell what the vast majority do or don't want to be concerned with. No one can.

From reading this thread for example, it appears that people are either voting 'out' or are undecided. Not sure anyone has said categorically 'in' as yet. But in today's opinion polls, 'in' is miles in front, so what may seem to be the prevailing opinion often isn't.
Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:00 - Feb 21 with 875 viewsymaohyd

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:58 - Feb 21 by jojaca

I agree, control our borders and no benefits unless you have paid into the system for ten years.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:01 - Feb 21 with 874 viewsmonmouth

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:52 - Feb 21 by dgt73

so you think not worth bring up during the run up to the referendum?

Absolutely not no, because it distorts the whole complex picture of what is best for the uk as a whole by reducing it to a set of single simplistic arguments. It seems for you, to be the only defining argument?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:02 - Feb 21 with 867 viewslondonlisa2001

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:59 - Feb 21 by dgt73

A nasty piece of work you say. What has that got to do with the upcoming referendum ?.

I was responding to a comment about Boris and the referendum with a comment about Boris.

Are you getting confused?
Login to get fewer ads

Cameron's EU on 18:02 - Feb 21 with 866 viewsdgt73

Cameron's EU on 18:00 - Feb 21 by londonlisa2001

Again, not a statement that you can substantiate. There is no way you can tell what the vast majority do or don't want to be concerned with. No one can.

From reading this thread for example, it appears that people are either voting 'out' or are undecided. Not sure anyone has said categorically 'in' as yet. But in today's opinion polls, 'in' is miles in front, so what may seem to be the prevailing opinion often isn't.

What opinion polls are you referring to ?

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:02 - Feb 21 with 866 viewsmonmouth

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:58 - Feb 21 by jojaca

Doesn't that take out the whole of Liverpool?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:05 - Feb 21 with 860 viewsdgt73

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:02 - Feb 21 by londonlisa2001

I was responding to a comment about Boris and the referendum with a comment about Boris.

Are you getting confused?

I am confused because whether Boris is a nasty piece of work is irrelevant. I'd imagine there are nasty pieces of work who you admire as well.

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:07 - Feb 21 with 851 viewsymaohyd

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:00 - Feb 21 by ymaohyd

BTW that smiley was supposed to be a hug of agreement, looks more like a 'what are you on about'!

Cameron's EU on 18:07 - Feb 21 with 851 viewsblueytheblue

Cameron's EU on 18:00 - Feb 21 by londonlisa2001

The biggest "in" lead through opinion polls today is by the polling company who were the most inaccurate during the last election, isn't it?

Regardless, if you can assume most people either are genuinely undecided or have a view but could be convinced otherwise, what news over the last 24 hours would sway people towards the "in" vote?

Hollande, Merkel are both claiming the deal is utterly meaningless, treaty changes aren't on the schedule and probably will never happen. All that does is raise the glaringly obvious fact that whatever Britain or any other nation tries, the greater Europe project will always trump that effort; reform can never happen.

I'd be surprised if the referendum delivers a conclusive "in" decision.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Cameron's EU on 18:08 - Feb 21 with 845 viewslondonlisa2001

Cameron's EU on 18:02 - Feb 21 by dgt73

What opinion polls are you referring to ?

The biggest poll today was carried out on behalf of that well known European loving publication 'The Mail on Sunday'' .
Cameron's EU on 18:13 - Feb 21 with 824 viewslondonlisa2001

Cameron's EU on 18:07 - Feb 21 by blueytheblue

The biggest "in" lead through opinion polls today is by the polling company who were the most inaccurate during the last election, isn't it?

Regardless, if you can assume most people either are genuinely undecided or have a view but could be convinced otherwise, what news over the last 24 hours would sway people towards the "in" vote?

Hollande, Merkel are both claiming the deal is utterly meaningless, treaty changes aren't on the schedule and probably will never happen. All that does is raise the glaringly obvious fact that whatever Britain or any other nation tries, the greater Europe project will always trump that effort; reform can never happen.

All polling companies were inaccurate during the last election.

In this situation I can't really see a reason for people pretending they're in if not in the way that they pretend not to be Tories when they' are. I also find the numbers surprising but see no reason why they'd be hugely inaccurate. The poll was conducted after the details of the agreement was known - that was the point of it.

I agree with Merkel's analysis and also as I have already stated that the whole renegotiation nonsense is just that. Obviously that is the case - if Cameron was correct and we're only going to have the parts of the EU that are in our interest, it beggars belief that anyone else in Europe would want us to remain. The question, however, as rather elegantly described by jackonicko earlier, is wider than that.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 18:18]
Cameron's EU on 18:15 - Feb 21 with 817 viewsdgt73

Cameron's EU on 18:08 - Feb 21 by londonlisa2001

The biggest poll today was carried out on behalf of that well known European loving publication 'The Mail on Sunday'' .

I'm surprised you are mentioning the mail.

I have no idea who will win the referendum- but any opinion poll that puts the in camp miles ahead I'd take with a pinch of salt.
There will be many games played between now and the referendum and polls will be one of them.

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:15 - Feb 21 with 815 viewslondonlisa2001

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:05 - Feb 21 by dgt73

I am confused because whether Boris is a nasty piece of work is irrelevant. I'd imagine there are nasty pieces of work who you admire as well.

Not irrelevant to a discussion of Boris and possible potential as a future leader of the Conservative party which is what today has been about for him.
Cameron's EU on 18:16 - Feb 21 with 813 viewsblueytheblue

Cameron's EU on 18:08 - Feb 21 by londonlisa2001

By Survation.

Who claimed they knew what was going to happen in the last election but "chickened out" of publishing it, instead putting out the inaccurate version.

They were also one of the worst polling companies for the last european elections too.

https://autonomousmind.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/survation-and-comres-least-accur

A cynic would say they gave MoS what MoS wanted - a "shock" result against the MoS view which would mobilise MoS readers to boost the "Out" numbers.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Cameron's EU on 18:17 - Feb 21 with 810 viewslondonlisa2001

Cameron's EU on 18:15 - Feb 21 by dgt73

I'm surprised you are mentioning the mail.

I have no idea who will win the referendum- but any opinion poll that puts the in camp miles ahead I'd take with a pinch of salt.
There will be many games played between now and the referendum and polls will be one of them.

I'm mentioning the opinion poll carried out by the Mail. It has been widely reported.
Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:18 - Feb 21 with 805 viewsdgt73

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:15 - Feb 21 by londonlisa2001

Not irrelevant to a discussion of Boris and possible potential as a future leader of the Conservative party which is what today has been about for him.

Do you think Tony Blair was a nasty piece of work?. This is the murky world of politics and no doubt has many nasty pieces of work, including members of the lib dems, labour, greens etc

Cameron's EU on 18:20 - Feb 21 with 800 viewsdgt73

Cameron's EU on 18:16 - Feb 21 by blueytheblue

By Survation.

Who claimed they knew what was going to happen in the last election but "chickened out" of publishing it, instead putting out the inaccurate version.

They were also one of the worst polling companies for the last european elections too.

https://autonomousmind.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/survation-and-comres-least-accur

A cynic would say they gave MoS what MoS wanted - a "shock" result against the MoS view which would mobilise MoS readers to boost the "Out" numbers.

Exactly my kardiff friend- games are being played as i said.

Cameron's EU on 18:20 - Feb 21 with 797 viewsymaohyd

Cameron's EU on 18:07 - Feb 21 by blueytheblue

It will be in the region of 55 - 45 in favour of staying in
Cameron in Calzaghe terms will have sealed his legacy (along with the Scottish no vote). In real terms however it will all cause more harm than good.

A friend lives in Scotland and is amazed at the Scottish vote, believing far more believe in Independence. The tories pulled the rabbit out of the hat then with the Queen being quoted at making a remark leaving a church near Balmoral which allegedly swung many voters. It has since been admitted it was all a con.

The pressure was far more intense on Cameron then than the European question. What I'm going to enjoy though is the fact that this issue has eaten away at the tories for years, they will finally slog it out.

Cameron's EU on 18:21 - Feb 21 with 796 viewslondonlisa2001

Cameron's EU on 18:16 - Feb 21 by blueytheblue

By Survation.

Possible. The answer which surprised me most suggested that more people thought Cameron had done a good job with renegotiation than thought he'd done a bad job. I can't believe anyone whichever camp they fall into thinks he's done a good job.
Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:24 - Feb 21 with 788 viewslondonlisa2001

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:18 - Feb 21 by dgt73

Do you think Tony Blair was a nasty piece of work?. This is the murky world of politics and no doubt has many nasty pieces of work, including members of the lib dems, labour, greens etc

I think Blair was a thoroughly nasty piece of work, yes.

The point about Boris was not that he is, but that he persuades so many people that he's loveable. I can't imagine you'd find anyone in the country who thinks Blair is loveable. Boris is incredibly popular for someone who is so undeserving of that popularity.
Cameron's EU on 18:25 - Feb 21 with 785 viewsdgt73

Cameron's EU on 18:21 - Feb 21 by londonlisa2001

Possible. The answer which surprised me most suggested that more people thought Cameron had done a good job with renegotiation than thought he'd done a bad job. I can't believe anyone whichever camp they fall into thinks he's done a good job.

So you admit this poll can't be taken as gospel ? Machiavellian by the mail possibly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024