Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports.... 19:50 - Feb 24 with 4210 viewsRs_Holy

6 channels (not including news) and not one is showing any live sport this evening!

Sky Sport 1... Showing a selection if boxing matches from recent years (no doubt in an attempt to get you to part with more money for Saturdays fight).

Sky Sports 2...mainly cricket documentaries with some football gold thrown in.

Sky Sports 3... Darts gold and few Time Of Our Lives.

Sky Sports 4... People talking about golf.

Sky Sports 5... Footballs greatest and WWE from the vault

Sky Sports F1... People talking about day 2 testing.... Jesus Christ as if F1 wasn't boring enough, they're actually showing and talking about the equivalent of the 2nd day of pre-season training....Unbelievable.

Meanwhile on BT it's 2 live champions League matches and some live women's WTA tennis!.... Looks like its time to jump ship?

[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 19:51]
Sky Sports.... on 20:26 - Feb 24 with 4152 viewsBoston

Dunno if a night without sport is a bad thing. One thing about living over here is the never ending sports coverage, so much it's hard to keep up. I discovered years ago that most moderately interested followers of any given club in any named sport are unaware of half the stuff going on with that, erm franchise.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 20:28]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sky Sports.... on 20:43 - Feb 24 with 4104 viewsjohncharles

Stay away from BT. I've just told them to them to close my account and send me a closing bill, anything they like just as long as I never hear from them again. Fed up with having to squeeze credits out of them for charging me for services I have never had and certainly never asked for.
Credit. That's a bloody joke. They take your money by mistake and then hang to it foy a month and then use it against their bills. It was never their money in the first place and should go straight back into your bank account to spend wherever you like. They're going to charge me £5.50 to close my broadband. The broadband that started at £17.99 and is now £29.99 ! How fcuk did that happen ?. Oh, and they are going to charge me for 30 days notice even though they take payment one month in advance !
Just send me the bill BT and fcuk off.
End of rant but fellow Rangers be warned.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 20:46]

Strong and stable my arse.

Sky Sports.... on 20:45 - Feb 24 with 4096 viewsToast_R

And yet their subscription fee forever increases. They can shove F1 up their arses for all I care about that. Your getting far less for your hard earnt now with Sky Sports.

I believe since BT came along, were getting royally f@cked over now as the consumer. I can't get BT Infinity where I live unless I want their basic broadband not much better then dial up crap, so my only option to have BT Sport is to add a further £25 a month to my already expensive Sky package. Ridiculous.
Sky Sports.... on 21:26 - Feb 24 with 4006 viewsHayesender

I'm paying £109 per month for Virgin. Seriously thinking over getting shot of the lot and getting me one of those android type boxes.

Anyone know if they're any good?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sky Sports.... on 21:38 - Feb 24 with 3982 viewsBklynRanger

Sky Sports.... on 21:26 - Feb 24 by Hayesender

I'm paying £109 per month for Virgin. Seriously thinking over getting shot of the lot and getting me one of those android type boxes.

Trancey Trousers is a mind of information on all of that gobbledeegook.

We got rid of our cable 4 or 5 months ago. After a while you start to see that an awful lot of stuff is online and I suppose these boxes are the sort of gold standard of that principal, if I'm understanding them correctly.

Last night I watched a tedious democratic presidential debate, 12 minutes highlights of Arse against Bark, and the increasingly average Daily Show. I had to look around, and it's more of a hassle but you do get used to it, especially compared to the amounts these dickhead companies are asking for these days.
Sky Sports.... on 08:11 - Feb 25 with 3775 viewsmarkrtid

Sky Sports.... on 21:26 - Feb 24 by Hayesender

Had a box for about a year now.
I live in France but get to see BT and Sky Sports when I want through the mobdro app.
Latest films and tv via Show box or Popcorn apps. And there is the Kodi part that gives a much wider choice.
Cant remember what i paid for it but its turned out to be a bargain compared to what you guys are paying for Sky etc.
Happy to point you in the right direction if needed.
Sky Sports.... on 08:20 - Feb 25 with 3763 viewsElHoop

I hate BT too (past broadband experience is very very bad - won't forgive them) - so I won't give them a penny if it can be avoided - BT Sport is therefore a no no. But the more sport that they take from Sky the less attractive Sky is, so i might hit that on the head too, but I'd miss the cricket more than anything, so it's a difficult one. If BT start taking the cricket then that'll make my mind up.
Sky Sports.... on 09:09 - Feb 25 with 3709 viewspaulparker

Said to the Mrs the other day that at the end of the season we will knock SKY sports on the head
Saturday mornings I normally watch the daughter play then on Sundays I go to the pub
to watch both games with a deserved stella or 4 if there is a game on BT I have someone's log in to watch it on a lap top or the IPad,
I have to admit I rarely watch any football at home I can't be bothered with it , could have watched Barca play Arsenal the other night but I have no interest in the CL it bores me to death
apart from jeff stelling , the Ryder cup coverage & the odd darts tournament the whole of SKY sports has gone downhill , its gone so OTT it seems like a camp parody of itself ,
hopefully this will be the start of a revolution and fans cancel subscriptions and the TV deal starts to go belly up , its a shame because when SKY first came on the seen in the early 90's they really did change the way we watch football, they had great ideas and they featured all of the clubs so you got to see more players you wouldn't normally see
unfortunately greed as overtaken , its a horrible monster but now with people getting rid we may in the next couple of years get our game back

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports.... on 09:42 - Feb 25 with 3688 viewsTheChef

I turned on last night in time for their India Pro Kabbadi coverage.

It's really come along way since they were playing it on dust bowls, when it used to be on Channel 4.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sky Sports.... on 10:20 - Feb 25 with 3656 viewsdoogi55

st bought this let you know how i get on with it MXQ Quad Core Android 4.4 TV Box Jailbroken XBMC Fully Loaded Free Sports Movies. I have now tv sky could be in trouble they keep loosing more sport
Sky Sports.... on 10:29 - Feb 25 with 3638 viewsJamie

Sky Sports.... on 20:43 - Feb 24 by johncharles

Stay away from BT. I've just told them to them to close my account and send me a closing bill, anything they like just as long as I never hear from them again. Fed up with having to squeeze credits out of them for charging me for services I have never had and certainly never asked for.
Credit. That's a bloody joke. They take your money by mistake and then hang to it foy a month and then use it against their bills. It was never their money in the first place and should go straight back into your bank account to spend wherever you like. They're going to charge me £5.50 to close my broadband. The broadband that started at £17.99 and is now £29.99 ! How fcuk did that happen ?. Oh, and they are going to charge me for 30 days notice even though they take payment one month in advance !
Just send me the bill BT and fcuk off.
End of rant but fellow Rangers be warned.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 20:46]

File an official complaint and don't be afraid to mention the ombudsman. It's costs the defendant for the ombudsman to open a case even if they win so they'll move heaven and earth to avoid it!
Sky Sports.... on 10:29 - Feb 25 with 3638 viewsPunteR

I've just cancelled sky tv package. I've upgraded my broadband to fibre optic but I don't think I'm actually getting proper fibre optic. They've just sent me the sky hub but are not rewiring anything,I'm just plugin straight into the phone socket again!. That's not fibre optic is it?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sky Sports.... on 11:14 - Feb 25 with 3585 viewsTrance_Trousers

Fibre optic cable dont come right up to your door step, but only as far as your local exchange box. Which can be quite a distance away if you live in a more rural location. Mine is a couple of minutes walk away.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Sky Sports.... on 11:56 - Feb 25 with 3534 viewsEastR

Sky Sports.... on 10:29 - Feb 25 by Jamie

File an official complaint and don't be afraid to mention the ombudsman. It's costs the defendant for the ombudsman to open a case even if they win so they'll move heaven and earth to avoid it!

Yep. After months of endless hassle with crap service from BT, including them using heavy handed tactics to extort money from me for services they didn’t provide, I took great pleasure in taking the case to Ofcom who upheld my complaint.

The providers rely on people paying up just to save further hassle, but it’s really straightforward to fight your corner.

Lessons learned in the process: don’t even bother trying to talk to their customer service teams by telephone; put everything in writing; cancel any direct debits and ignore their tactics threating legal action; wait out the 8 weeks period for dispute resolution and then take it to the regulator.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Sky Sports.... on 12:05 - Feb 25 with 3523 viewsDeano19766

I've only got sky sports for the cricket (I work from home a lot so good to be able to put it on the box over the summer on a weekday if I'm not at the Test). However, it is feckin extortionate, and we all know who to blame for that........the Premiershite as usual. Fcuk I hate that pile of shite wnkfest league
Sky Sports.... on 12:28 - Feb 25 with 3471 viewsCamberleyR

Just looked it up and Sky's subscription prices have in the last 15 years been more than double the rate of inflation over the same period. I saw that in 1992 before they got the first Premier League TV contract they charged £5.99 a month for the one sports channel they had.

The downsides of a near monopoly - yes, there is Virgin but a lot of the country can't get cable (I can't where I live in Farnborough) - so Sky can charge whatever they want and use it to maintain control of lucrative sports rights

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sky Sports.... on 13:29 - Feb 25 with 3384 viewsPunteR

Sky Sports.... on 11:14 - Feb 25 by Trance_Trousers

Fibre optic cable dont come right up to your door step, but only as far as your local exchange box. Which can be quite a distance away if you live in a more rural location. Mine is a couple of minutes walk away.

My internet is lousy so I didn't mind paying an extra £3 p/m for a better connection. I live on a new build estate out in the sticks a bit and there's been problems with others around me,even Virgin who have run cables have had issues.
No idea where the local exchange is. Sounds a bit of a con because surely your internet is only as good as the phone line coming into your house?.
Bit like paying an extra £10 p/m for HD only for it to be 720i instead of the 1020i most HD TV's are.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sky Sports.... on 14:17 - Feb 25 with 3342 viewsmoffer

You can get fibre right into your premises but it's pricy, maybe hundreds or even thousands to install, with a hefty monthly charge to go with. Fibre to the local streetside green box is what they sell to homes with copper the rest of the way. In effect the green box becomes your exchange as there's no attenuation between the exchange and the street box. Graphs are avaliable on the internet which show distance against speed you can expect.
Sky Sports.... on 14:22 - Feb 25 with 3332 viewsTrance_Trousers

Not knowing the speed you have, i would suggest you try an online speed test program, plenty about, and test it on a week day, morning, noon and at night. See what the results are and if there falling short get Sky to test your line. Don`t test at the weekend as that is when most people are online and you wont get an accurate reading.
If you can get out of the contract and you have it in the area go with Virgin. Never had a problem, and when they roll out there top speeds, everyone else gets a free double up upgrade.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Sky Sports.... on 17:30 - Feb 25 with 3224 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Cant believe how so many football fans moan about how sky has ruined football with all of the money flowing about but to the wrong people. Fans getting fcuked over time and again ( kick off times etc) . Yet so may subscribe to it. I wouldn't touch sky with a barge poll.
Sky Sports.... on 18:17 - Feb 25 with 3183 viewsSimonJames

Can't really complain about Virgin. For £79 a month I get:
- 162 Mbps broadband (soon to go up to over 200Mbps)
- unlimited phone (including 1000 minutes per month to any major country abroad),
- their top tv package (including BT Sports which shows about 50% of all Bath RFC rugby matches). Throw in Netflix and I have years of telly queued up to watch - pity I only have time to watch about an hour per day.

Also if I get a denial of service I ring up Virgin, ask for a credit, and they apply it immediately.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Sky Sports.... on 18:40 - Feb 25 with 3161 viewsjohncharles

Sky Sports.... on 11:56 - Feb 25 by EastR

Yep. After months of endless hassle with crap service from BT, including them using heavy handed tactics to extort money from me for services they didn’t provide, I took great pleasure in taking the case to Ofcom who upheld my complaint.

The providers rely on people paying up just to save further hassle, but it’s really straightforward to fight your corner.

Lessons learned in the process: don’t even bother trying to talk to their customer service teams by telephone; put everything in writing; cancel any direct debits and ignore their tactics threating legal action; wait out the 8 weeks period for dispute resolution and then take it to the regulator.

Thanks for that. I'm going to cancel my DD and contact the ombudsman's office.
Another gem from BT, "if you paid £197 odds in advance for a yearly contract we cannot refund this as it was a special deal" Doesn't affect me but is there no limit to these guys arrogance ?

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024