Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Rochdale Way 13:18 - Feb 25 with 10473 viewsborntogo

Wasn't happy seeing Joe Bunney giving it large to the Bradford fans on Saturday after scoring. He's clearly a very lovely, well-brunged up lad, so what's he playing at? And does he really want to bring extra pressure on himself? We all know he doesn't have to fit in playing for Dale between modelling assignments, so we can all guess at the possible retorts to his actions.

I hate it when opposing scorers go all cupped ears on us when they score, or worse (Jermaine Beckford last season at Preston etc), so it's not acceptable when our lot do it. It's not banter or fun but very, very annoying and shows a lack of class.

Not the Rochdale way, Joe.

The Rochdale Way on 12:12 - Feb 26 with 2588 viewsD_Alien

borntogo, wtf are you moaning about?

I don't mean Bunney's reaction after scoring, I mean your reaction to other people expressing their opinions, just as you did.

You obviously felt strongly enough about the incident to start the thread, and fair play for that. This forum thrives on people saying what they think, but flouncing off because people disagree just devalues that opinion. Why? Because it then appears it's come from someone with no bottle.

For what it's worth, I cringed when I saw Bunney's reaction on the highlights.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Rochdale Way on 12:36 - Feb 26 with 2549 viewsrod_leach

it's always amazed me that fans take the bait and get all worked up. I still laugh thinking about Beckford waving goodbye to us last season when he got subbed. As if players are bothered in the least about grown adults getting angry over nothing.
The Rochdale Way on 13:31 - Feb 26 with 2476 viewsupthedale

I don't particularly like it when opposition players or our players celebrate in front of the "wrong" fans. It's not something that massively riles me, but it doesn't sit comfortably with me and more than anything I think it's unnecessary - why celebrate your "happiness" by trying to annoy others, rather than celebrating with those that want to celebrate?

That said, in true hypocritical fashion, I did laugh when TK did it against Bury and if the fans shout specific personal abuse at a player then it's hard to argue against a goal celebration aimed at them (except that maybe the players should act the bigger men).

On Tuesday I was hoping Fleetwood wouldn't score in the first half, obviously because I wanted us to win, but partly because I didn't want to see the smug look on the keeper's face!
The Rochdale Way on 19:59 - Feb 26 with 2324 viewsdogboy

Oddly enough when Joe is released I think he will suit claret and amber and will come home to bite our backside and will be the new Bantams hero!
The Rochdale Way on 20:04 - Feb 26 with 2314 viewsmacro

I liked bunney giving some reaction back. Shows he's got that bit of bite.
The Rochdale Way on 10:01 - Feb 27 with 2173 viewsrochdaleriddler

also not the rochdale way to dive all over the pitch and berate the officials, but Bradford did, and the ref was clearly influenced by this. Sometimes we are a bit too nice, i dont want a return to the coleman years, but we need to toughen up

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

The Rochdale Way on 13:20 - Feb 27 with 2065 viewsD_Alien

The Rochdale Way on 20:04 - Feb 26 by macro

I liked bunney giving some reaction back. Shows he's got that bit of bite.

Absolutely f*ck all to do with having "bite"

As evidenced by the innumerable top class goalscorers who don't feel the need to do that kind of thing, or anything else except hurt the opposition where it counts.

The only "bite" Bunney needs is in front of goal. He's bitten a few teams recently and long may it continue. Maybe then he'll grow up too.

The Rochdale Way on 13:55 - Feb 27 with 2030 viewsPorlicks

So we all agree that football fans are hooligans-in-waiting? The wrong celebration and we might all start to kick the shit out of each other...

I thought a quick flick of the V-s was enough to sedate ourselves.

Who are YOU with?

Login to get fewer ads

The Rochdale Way on 14:01 - Feb 27 with 2027 views442Dale

The Rochdale Way on 13:55 - Feb 27 by Porlicks

So we all agree that football fans are hooligans-in-waiting? The wrong celebration and we might all start to kick the shit out of each other...

I thought a quick flick of the V-s was enough to sedate ourselves.

That and Joe Bunney wants people to read the name on his shirt.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Rochdale Way on 14:17 - Feb 27 with 2010 viewsD_Alien

The Rochdale Way on 14:01 - Feb 27 by 442Dale

That and Joe Bunney wants people to read the name on his shirt.

He should ask for it to be made more prominent then, perhaps with fluorescent lettering.

The Rochdale Way on 14:28 - Feb 27 with 2001 views442Dale

The Rochdale Way on 14:17 - Feb 27 by D_Alien

He should ask for it to be made more prominent then, perhaps with fluorescent lettering.

You're just trying to wind me up.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Rochdale Way on 14:32 - Feb 27 with 1996 viewsD_Alien

The Rochdale Way on 14:28 - Feb 27 by 442Dale

You're just trying to wind me up.

You just want me to read your name.

The Rochdale Way on 17:43 - Feb 27 with 1890 viewslurker

I see you Grant Holt #TheRochdaleWay
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024