Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread 03:34 - Apr 1 with 45987 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:48 - Apr 2 with 2213 viewsmonmouth

Britton's having a terrible game too.

I'm not totally doom and gloom though, I think we're actually playing alright and I can see some shape coming. We just have a few massive glaring problems.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:50 - Apr 2 with 2152 viewsAquinas

Gomis is awful, Absolutely dreadful.

Bring on Montero at half time.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:50 - Apr 2 with 2143 viewsmacthejack

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:47 - Apr 2 by GeoffThom

I've come to the conclusion that jack cork is a very mediocre player and gives us nothing

He's a good ball winner (but not as good as Britton) and not much more. He's not as good on the ball as Britts and why they're ever on the same pitch is baffling. If this is Guido's idea of playing with more freedom then we're f*cked. I'd still keep Corky around though but would prefer Joey Allen.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:50 - Apr 2 with 2109 viewsSmellyplumz

New manager in the summer with a few new players and some fresh ideas because we've run out of any ideas this season.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:51 - Apr 2 with 2086 viewslonglostjack

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:48 - Apr 2 by monmouth

Britton's having a terrible game too.

I'm not totally doom and gloom though, I think we're actually playing alright and I can see some shape coming. We just have a few massive glaring problems.

Agree. Maybe take Leon off and bring Paloschi on. Nothing to lose.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:51 - Apr 2 with 2078 viewsdailew

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:47 - Apr 2 by GeoffThom

I've come to the conclusion that jack cork is a very mediocre player and gives us nothing

And that completes it.

Every single outfield has now been slagged off on this thread.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:52 - Apr 2 with 2046 viewsjasper_T

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:50 - Apr 2 by macthejack

He's a good ball winner (but not as good as Britton) and not much more. He's not as good on the ball as Britts and why they're ever on the same pitch is baffling. If this is Guido's idea of playing with more freedom then we're f*cked. I'd still keep Corky around though but would prefer Joey Allen.

They'd be fine together if we had wingers out wide who could play all the football for us. Expecting Cork to create doesn't work.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:53 - Apr 2 with 2023 viewsEbo

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:50 - Apr 2 by Smellyplumz

New manager in the summer with a few new players and some fresh ideas because we've run out of any ideas this season.

This.

Thanks Franco but I don't think you have that special ingredient for the PL. Good manager but doesn't fit the Swansea City template.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:53 - Apr 2 with 1988 viewsSheffieldjack

We desperately need a change up front - surely Gomis has to come off.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:53 - Apr 2 with 1987 viewsjack606

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:50 - Apr 2 by macthejack

Clearly don't understand football and the roll he has in the team. A far better ball winner than Britton. That's his roll in the team, win the ball and give it to the players who can create something like Britton.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:53 - Apr 2 with 1981 viewslidojack

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:52 - Apr 2 by jasper_T

They'd be fine together if we had wingers out wide who could play all the football for us. Expecting Cork to create doesn't work.

We're effectively expecting him to play holding midfield and right wing in this formation.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:54 - Apr 2 with 1960 viewsGroo

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:51 - Apr 2 by dailew

And that completes it.

Every single outfield has now been slagged off on this thread.

That's because this years main scapegoat Taylor's not playing, confused everyone and now in desperate bid find an alternative.

Groo does what Groo does best

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:55 - Apr 2 with 1900 viewslondonlisa2001

Rangel is playing like a drain - problem is I don't think we can 'waste' a sub on him.

Britton is also playing very badly. Move Cork to defensive midfield, take Britton off and bring Montero on and go for it. Nothing to lose.

After 20 minutes, swap Gomis for Paloschi and see if he can do anything. Or even bring Emnes on instead. Run at them for God's sake - we won't get anywhere with lofted balls into their box.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:55 - Apr 2 with 1884 viewsmonmouth

I've actually quite enjoyed the game apart from the comedy goal.

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:55 - Apr 2 with 1880 viewsStarsky

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:53 - Apr 2 by Ebo

This.

Thanks Franco but I don't think you have that special ingredient for the PL. Good manager but doesn't fit the Swansea City template.

I don't think I'm going to read Guidolin and the word excitement in the same sentence for the next few weeks.
Shapeless, unmotivated, no positive game plan.
What happened to us?

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:57 - Apr 2 with 1815 viewsGriffting

Id like to see a change half time. Winger on for one of the mids. Emnes or Montero for probably britts. I would also like Rangel off for Taylor and put naughton back over to the right but that won't happen.

The way ash is playing I'd be looking to haul him off as well. Don't need him out for Chelsea. Not a good sign when players are queuing up to be subbed.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 16:00]
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:57 - Apr 2 with 1809 viewsGroo

Newcastle losing (therefore Norwich winning) and Sunderland drawing at half time.

Groo does what Groo does best

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:57 - Apr 2 with 1803 viewsSgorioFruit

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:42 - Apr 2 by Starsky

Wow, were being harried in our final third

Sttaaaaaaaarrrrsssssskkkyyyyy your mad as a box of frogs my friend

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:58 - Apr 2 with 1789 viewsmarchamjack

we are now the most boring team in the PL surely

Fer - exactly the sort of player I thought he was before he came to us and Norwich/QPR fans indeed told us he was...inconsistent at best, poor too often

Gomis - dear God

Cork - not really sure any more what he offers?

I'll stop there as it's only ht and maybe we'll get better...here's hoping!

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:59 - Apr 2 with 1748 viewsMorganator100

I can't believe that people on here are slating Gomis when our problem is the lack of service to the front line.

We could have Augero or Neymar up front and they would be in the same boat.

We've slated Taylor at left back but is Naughton doing any better there today? The left back is getting isolated because of a lack of cover. I can see why QPR/Norwich fans slated Fer as he is lazy, never tracks back. Rangel, this could (should) be his last season at this level. Williams and Fernandez are getting caught out of position but this is down to lack of midfield cover, Britton is getting over run in midfield. Cork is very average today. Siggy has been very quiet and Routledge has had several good runs but without the ball.

There is a lack of width to our game and a lack of pace.

If we manage to turn this around and win this game, we would unbelievably go 12th.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 16:00 - Apr 2 with 1737 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:54 - Apr 2 by Groo

That's because this years main scapegoat Taylor's not playing, confused everyone and now in desperate bid find an alternative.

No it is because none of the players are playing particularly well in this formation.
Routs is having to cover a lot of ground for little return.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 16:00 - Apr 2 with 1733 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:55 - Apr 2 by Starsky

I don't think I'm going to read Guidolin and the word excitement in the same sentence for the next few weeks.
Shapeless, unmotivated, no positive game plan.
What happened to us?

You need to review your Warwick 101 course :)

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 16:01 - Apr 2 with 1704 viewsmonmouth

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 15:55 - Apr 2 by londonlisa2001

Rangel is playing like a drain - problem is I don't think we can 'waste' a sub on him.

Britton is also playing very badly. Move Cork to defensive midfield, take Britton off and bring Montero on and go for it. Nothing to lose.

After 20 minutes, swap Gomis for Paloschi and see if he can do anything. Or even bring Emnes on instead. Run at them for God's sake - we won't get anywhere with lofted balls into their box.

I would definitely do the Britton (or Fer) for Montero at half time. I can see Ash taking an early bath if he's not very careful, so I'de be tempted to crook him too, waste of a sub or not. Paloschi should have started instead of Gomis, but I think we're stuck with it now in the hope that he'll do something...and with him you really never know.

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 16:01 - Apr 2 with 1688 viewsSgorioFruit

the ball gets passed to Gomis feet and he passes it to the opposition.

when he sorts that issue out then people will stop getting on his back.

end of conversation regarding Gomis

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 16:03 - Apr 2 with 1632 viewsNeathJack

No changes at half time.

I must be watching the wrong game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024