Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wrestlemania XXXII 15:02 - Apr 1 with 9683 viewsPorlicks

It's been a while since we had a wrestling thread, so.... any thoughts about the following?? (obviously for those who (kind of) care)

Will they be brave enough to have Reigns win clean in the main event?

How do they solve the Shane O'mac Undertaker, whoever wins fans lose, conundrum?

Who will have the best entrance?

Prediction for the Andre the Giant match.....?

Who are YOU with?

Wrestlemania XXXII on 17:03 - Apr 1 with 7619 viewsChaffRAFC

The Reigns v HHH match is a puzzle. The obvious answer is that Reigns wins with interference from The Rock, that possibly sets up Rock v HHH next year which has been rumoured for a good while. That said, do the WWE risk having a supposed babyface title win get booed all the way out of Texas? Because that is what could well happen. I'm saying a Reigns win, unfortunately.

The Shane O'Mac v Taker fight is the match I'm most looking forward to. It will be bloody I'd imagine and I can only think they've put it in the cell so that Shane gets a huge spot, probably off the top of the cell through a table for the inevitable OMG moment. I hope that Shane wins and retires Undertaker, can't see it though. WWE wont want Undertaker's only two defeats at Mania to be against Brock Lesnar and Shane McMahon. Taker wins that one.

Looking forward to the Intercontinental Title ladder match and predict Sami Zayn wins that to set up a big feud with Kevin Owens. Potentially the best match of the night.

Also, looking forward to Jericho v Styles. I've managed to get my 2 year old to chant AJ Styles when he's on TV. Not gonna teach him the Y2Jackass one though for fear of getting F5'd off the wife. Don't care who wins, huge fan of both of them and it will unquestionably be a great match because neither of them have a bad performance in them.

Not really too fussed about the Andre The Giant Battle Royal but suspect it will come down to Kane v Big Show and Kane wins.

Should be a good one this year for the most part though the end will probably be a bit shit.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Wrestlemania XXXII on 18:29 - Apr 1 with 7557 views442Dale

Possibly the most poorly booked Wrestlemania ever.

Reigns v HHH? Who are we supposed to want to win? All anyone wants is to see how badly the crowd turn on Reigns. They accepted a year ago he wasn't popular with the Rollins swerve, yet still persist in an attempt to get him over as a face. It's that bad you have to wonder what the expected end game is? The idea of bringing Rock out only serves to reduce his popularity, so I'd be surprised if he even agreed. In fact, he can do a run-in and Rock Bottom Reigns, only then would the match be saved.

Shane v Taker? Christ. It's a storyline that doesn't make sense on ANY level. There is no reason whatsoever for Taker to be in this match, and tagging on stipulations like 'last WM if he loses' just snacks of them making it up as they go along. Watching Shane pretend its the 90s again is cringeworthy, they've only continued with this because of the monster nostalgia pop he got after returning. Even when Shane was younger, his singles matches were never in the main event (Test, Blackman, Vince, Kane... Angle was probably as high as he got), so why is the perceived main attraction of WM being wasted on him? I'm amazed Taker has gone along with it. Shane can jump off the Cell and I'll only care if it's onto the person who wrote this nonsense. Or if the Bullet Club appear... and even then they'd better make it clear that they hate the match too.

Why can't Owens v Zayn be a singles match? The backstory is there. They could have still done the ladder match and included Styles and Jericho - their feud had been done in singles, adding others and the US Title would have been fine. Who actually has that right now? I'm not even checking.

Why can't they book simple, effective storylines across the entire product? They have a process that is working in NXT, yet it doesn't translate to the main roster. Crazy.

Makes you wonder if there are enough "wrestling people" involved.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Wrestlemania XXXII on 18:40 - Apr 1 with 7542 viewsTalkingSutty

Wrestlemania XXXII on 18:29 - Apr 1 by 442Dale

Possibly the most poorly booked Wrestlemania ever.

Reigns v HHH? Who are we supposed to want to win? All anyone wants is to see how badly the crowd turn on Reigns. They accepted a year ago he wasn't popular with the Rollins swerve, yet still persist in an attempt to get him over as a face. It's that bad you have to wonder what the expected end game is? The idea of bringing Rock out only serves to reduce his popularity, so I'd be surprised if he even agreed. In fact, he can do a run-in and Rock Bottom Reigns, only then would the match be saved.

Shane v Taker? Christ. It's a storyline that doesn't make sense on ANY level. There is no reason whatsoever for Taker to be in this match, and tagging on stipulations like 'last WM if he loses' just snacks of them making it up as they go along. Watching Shane pretend its the 90s again is cringeworthy, they've only continued with this because of the monster nostalgia pop he got after returning. Even when Shane was younger, his singles matches were never in the main event (Test, Blackman, Vince, Kane... Angle was probably as high as he got), so why is the perceived main attraction of WM being wasted on him? I'm amazed Taker has gone along with it. Shane can jump off the Cell and I'll only care if it's onto the person who wrote this nonsense. Or if the Bullet Club appear... and even then they'd better make it clear that they hate the match too.

Why can't Owens v Zayn be a singles match? The backstory is there. They could have still done the ladder match and included Styles and Jericho - their feud had been done in singles, adding others and the US Title would have been fine. Who actually has that right now? I'm not even checking.

Why can't they book simple, effective storylines across the entire product? They have a process that is working in NXT, yet it doesn't translate to the main roster. Crazy.

Makes you wonder if there are enough "wrestling people" involved.

Agree with that.
Wrestlemania XXXII on 18:43 - Apr 1 with 7537 views442Dale

Wrestlemania XXXII on 18:40 - Apr 1 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that.

I know you do.

You also KNOW I only scratched the surface there...

Wrestlemania XXXII on 18:49 - Apr 1 with 7533 viewsTalkingSutty

Wrestlemania XXXII on 18:43 - Apr 1 by 442Dale

I know you do.

You also KNOW I only scratched the surface there...

Surprised Andre the Giants still knocking about,what an athlete.
Is Jake the Snake still on the scene and what about Dave from Barnsley?
Wrestlemania XXXII on 18:51 - Apr 1 with 7526 viewsChaffRAFC

NXT is better than the main roster to be honest. I expect Finn Balor to debut the night after Mania.

You're right about the booking. It's nonsense but they've had so many injuries to big stars like Rollins, Cena, Orton, Bryan etc so they've had to rely on the likes of Jericho returning and pushing Reigns, Ambrose and bringing Shane back. It's desperation but sales and ratings will dictate that things are fine when we, the more mature viewers, know that the current product is a bit bobbins.

Wrestlemania XXXII on 18:52 - Apr 1 with 7522 views442Dale

Wrestlemania XXXII on 18:49 - Apr 1 by TalkingSutty

Jake is a reformed substance abuser no longer involved in wrestling, he does tours where he talks about his career.

Andre has a Battle Royal named after him. He died in 1993.

It still hurts.

Wrestlemania XXXII on 18:54 - Apr 1 with 7512 views442Dale

Wrestlemania XXXII on 18:51 - Apr 1 by ChaffRAFC

NXT is better than the main roster to be honest. I expect Finn Balor to debut the night after Mania.

You're right about the booking. It's nonsense but they've had so many injuries to big stars like Rollins, Cena, Orton, Bryan etc so they've had to rely on the likes of Jericho returning and pushing Reigns, Ambrose and bringing Shane back. It's desperation but sales and ratings will dictate that things are fine when we, the more mature viewers, know that the current product is a bit bobbins.

Aren't the Raw ratings terrible though? The Network model has killed Vince's enthusiasm for a product that actually makes sense.

Yeah the injuries are bad but, like most things, give me a pen and a bit of paper and you can make something work. It's really very simple...

Login to get fewer ads

Wrestlemania XXXII on 19:22 - Apr 1 with 7481 viewsTalkingSutty

Wrestlemania XXXII on 18:52 - Apr 1 by 442Dale

Jake is a reformed substance abuser no longer involved in wrestling, he does tours where he talks about his career.

Andre has a Battle Royal named after him. He died in 1993.

It still hurts.

Shame about Andre, Hundreds of years ago he would have been in a travelling freak show rather than the WWF

Jake was a fella with a bag and a big snake who frightened the kids to death, i think he only had one eye which made him a bit of a one eyed snake. He never seemed to do much wrestling and seemed to just rely on his snake.

Always been a big Undertaker fan, a marvellous wrestler oozing in personality.He reminds me of Bob Scott,a brute of a Centre Half from the late 1970s, he was also good at wrestling.
Wrestlemania XXXII on 19:28 - Apr 1 with 7471 views442Dale

Wrestlemania XXXII on 19:22 - Apr 1 by TalkingSutty

Shame about Andre, Hundreds of years ago he would have been in a travelling freak show rather than the WWF

Jake was a fella with a bag and a big snake who frightened the kids to death, i think he only had one eye which made him a bit of a one eyed snake. He never seemed to do much wrestling and seemed to just rely on his snake.

Always been a big Undertaker fan, a marvellous wrestler oozing in personality.He reminds me of Bob Scott,a brute of a Centre Half from the late 1970s, he was also good at wrestling.

Jake's psychology and promo skills were ahead of his time. Nobody could say as much saying as little.

He also had two eyes.

Wrestlemania XXXII on 19:28 - Apr 1 with 7466 viewsSuddenLad

Wrestlemania XXXII on 18:49 - Apr 1 by TalkingSutty

Honey Boy Zimba ad Les Kellett were always crowd pleasers.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Wrestlemania XXXII on 19:31 - Apr 1 with 7458 viewsTalkingSutty

Wrestlemania XXXII on 19:28 - Apr 1 by 442Dale

Jake's psychology and promo skills were ahead of his time. Nobody could say as much saying as little.

He also had two eyes.

Funny how time can distort things, i seemed to think he had a glass eye for some reason. Will remember that if ever it crops up in a pub quiz.
Wrestlemania XXXII on 19:34 - Apr 1 with 7452 views442Dale

Wrestlemania XXXII on 19:31 - Apr 1 by TalkingSutty

Funny how time can distort things, i seemed to think he had a glass eye for some reason. Will remember that if ever it crops up in a pub quiz.

Those are the sort of pub quizzes I'd attend.

There's nothing I know more about than wrestling. Well, when I say "nothing"...

Wrestlemania XXXII on 20:20 - Apr 1 with 7418 viewsPRINCE2356

Well off to see this after the PCW show in Preston on Sunday Night, far far away from the excitement i had 2 years ago at Mania 30 in New Orleans.

Even though the booking has been a right mish mash on the lead up, got to say i am quite looking forward to Shave vs Taker and Ambrose vs Lesnar.

Shane vs Taker on paper makes no sense at all, the possibility of Taker losing to a 46 year old non wrestler who is supposed to be the biggest threat ever (sure Brock would have something to say about that) is silly. But ever since the announcement i have had the prediction of someone costing Taker the match.

That man is John Cena - most unlikely thing for WWE to turn him heel but what a way to have a refresh of WWE with a bad guy John Cena screwing the hometown deadman.

Ambrose vs Lesnar on paper should be a Steve Austin moment for Deano where he gets battered so much that he doesn't give up only due to blood loss.

Reigns vs HHH is going to be a farce due to the crowd pooing all over Reigns, this week was the final straw "you still suck".

For me and most others the show of the weekend is NXT tonight, with the debut of Nakamura, Bayley vs Asuka and Balor vs Joe. Not much is going to top that at Mania.
Wrestlemania XXXII on 20:31 - Apr 1 with 7399 viewsChaffRAFC

Wrestlemania XXXII on 20:20 - Apr 1 by PRINCE2356

Well off to see this after the PCW show in Preston on Sunday Night, far far away from the excitement i had 2 years ago at Mania 30 in New Orleans.

Even though the booking has been a right mish mash on the lead up, got to say i am quite looking forward to Shave vs Taker and Ambrose vs Lesnar.

Shane vs Taker on paper makes no sense at all, the possibility of Taker losing to a 46 year old non wrestler who is supposed to be the biggest threat ever (sure Brock would have something to say about that) is silly. But ever since the announcement i have had the prediction of someone costing Taker the match.

That man is John Cena - most unlikely thing for WWE to turn him heel but what a way to have a refresh of WWE with a bad guy John Cena screwing the hometown deadman.

Ambrose vs Lesnar on paper should be a Steve Austin moment for Deano where he gets battered so much that he doesn't give up only due to blood loss.

Reigns vs HHH is going to be a farce due to the crowd pooing all over Reigns, this week was the final straw "you still suck".

For me and most others the show of the weekend is NXT tonight, with the debut of Nakamura, Bayley vs Asuka and Balor vs Joe. Not much is going to top that at Mania.

IF, and it's a big if, Cena comes back to cost Taker in a heel turn then I will be jumping like a complete lunatic. What a heel turn that would be. As big as Hogan turning heel in WCW. Long overdue I might add.

Agree 100% about Ambrose and the Austin moment. Still one of the greatest matches of all time that. Ambrose is white hot at the moment and is the closest thing we've seen to Austin in a long long time.

Wrestlemania XXXII on 20:34 - Apr 1 with 7396 views442Dale

Wrestlemania XXXII on 20:20 - Apr 1 by PRINCE2356

Even if they were going to finally pull the trigger on a Cena turn, why in a match where we're not even sure who is supposed to be the face? Taker clearly will be because it's in Dallas but aren't we meant to be hoping Shane takes control of Raw? It makes my head hurt just thinking about it!

Really hope you're right on Ambrose but the lack of confidence in them sticking with him after a genuine WM moment means it's hard to get too invested in.

The only saving grace will be if Balor and co get the chance to run roughshod on Raw on Monday. Let them change things.

Wrestlemania XXXII on 20:37 - Apr 1 with 7388 views442Dale

As you're off to PCW, and clearly know your British wrestling, verdict on Nathan Cruz? I think he could be huge if they give him a chance and he somehow gets to NXT

Wrestlemania XXXII on 20:55 - Apr 1 with 7352 viewsPRINCE2356

Wrestlemania XXXII on 20:37 - Apr 1 by 442Dale

As you're off to PCW, and clearly know your British wrestling, verdict on Nathan Cruz? I think he could be huge if they give him a chance and he somehow gets to NXT

Well Nathan Cruz i have mainly seen as a bad guy in Progress with the group "The Origin" with El Ligero, Zack Gibson and Dave Mastiff and after a slow start have gotten over as top heels in the company.

Cruz has the size and the chatter but is much better as a bad guy than the good guy he plays in NGW. He was in WWE developmental for a bit but never made TV except as a rosebud.

As we are on the subject of British Wrestling, the sad news yesterday of Kris Travis who passed away at the age of 32 from Stomach Cancer. Probably the best wrestler on the british scene who before he got ill would have made it to the big leagues no problem.

What was amazing about Travis was he beat the illness and made a comeback last year to the ring before sadly he contracted the illness again. Very sad day :(
Wrestlemania XXXII on 21:08 - Apr 1 with 7341 views442Dale

Wrestlemania XXXII on 20:55 - Apr 1 by PRINCE2356

Well Nathan Cruz i have mainly seen as a bad guy in Progress with the group "The Origin" with El Ligero, Zack Gibson and Dave Mastiff and after a slow start have gotten over as top heels in the company.

Cruz has the size and the chatter but is much better as a bad guy than the good guy he plays in NGW. He was in WWE developmental for a bit but never made TV except as a rosebud.

As we are on the subject of British Wrestling, the sad news yesterday of Kris Travis who passed away at the age of 32 from Stomach Cancer. Probably the best wrestler on the british scene who before he got ill would have made it to the big leagues no problem.

What was amazing about Travis was he beat the illness and made a comeback last year to the ring before sadly he contracted the illness again. Very sad day :(

Thought the deal with Rose was a one night only gig when WWE toured? Didn't know anything about him doing much in developmental, he's not been over to the States has he? Excellent heel mannerisms, wasted in other roles.

Aye, very sad about Travis.

Wrestlemania XXXII on 21:14 - Apr 1 with 7333 viewsPRINCE2356

I know he was out there for about 6 months at least in developmental after he fell out with some promoters over here who he has since made up with. Other ones who do the heel gimmick well over here are bubblegum, marty scurll and jimmy havoc.
Wrestlemania XXXII on 21:34 - Apr 1 with 7309 viewsChaffRAFC

Mate of mine signed with PCW academy last year. Only seen him once since and he was bladdered so not sure hows he's doing, Callum Ostell is his name.

Wrestlemania XXXII on 21:37 - Apr 1 with 7302 viewsPRINCE2356

Wrestlemania XXXII on 21:34 - Apr 1 by ChaffRAFC

Mate of mine signed with PCW academy last year. Only seen him once since and he was bladdered so not sure hows he's doing, Callum Ostell is his name.

They have just started doing pcw academy shows, if they have been doing it for a bit usually they will be on them. Will have to ask a couple of my wrestling mates who go to the academy shows
Wrestlemania XXXII on 09:45 - Apr 2 with 7158 viewsSalwaDale

The Reigns heel turn needs to happen. The Cena heel turn is never gonna happen, they've passed the opportunity so much. Something needs to happen so the Shane O'Mac match turns out to be something entirely different to end the career of Taker in a way befitting of his status. This somehow needs to end with Shane taking over the reigns completely and Vince, Stephanie and HHH being phased out again for a while. This would give the opportunity for a change in attitude (see what I did there?) for WWE. Dean Ambrose needs to go on some kind of crazy rampage, interfering in most matches. And Kevin Owens needs pushing and pushing and pushing.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 9:46]

TBBT

Wrestlemania XXXII on 10:33 - Apr 2 with 7133 views442Dale

If you get the chance, try and catch Zayn v Nakamura from Takeover last night. The main roster must get so annoyed with the reactions NXT get.

Wrestlemania XXXII on 11:38 - Apr 2 with 7111 viewsPorlicks

Wrestlemania XXXII on 10:33 - Apr 2 by 442Dale

If you get the chance, try and catch Zayn v Nakamura from Takeover last night. The main roster must get so annoyed with the reactions NXT get.

Lucha Underground too. Don't know if it's available in UK, but you can see it on youtube.

But they are both a different kettle of fish to WWE where the job is to find something marketable to the masses, not just wrestling fans. Cena did it. Can Roman Reigns?

Who are YOU with?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024