Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank you Curt 19:18 - Apr 24 with 1431 viewsDaggyjack

If there is one man who has saved us from relegation this season, it sure as hell isn't Monk, Guidolin or the majority of our overpaid squad of players, it's Curt.
Having supported the Swans for over 35 years, I should know full well that players very rarely care about the club but it still annoys me after another awful end of season performance just how little they care.
At least back in the late 80's and 90's, the players weren't as far removed from the fans in terms of salary, now earning £50k a week, it grates that bit more.
We need a massive overhaul...manager, right back, left back, centre back, centre mid, winger and striker...let's see what the Americans are made of.
Clubsvwho tend to end a season poorly begin the next in the same vein...if we start poorly next season, we will go down, simple as.
The players should be embarrassed but I'm past caring what they think or what crap they spout in the press....
Thank you Curt on 19:22 - Apr 24 with 1413 viewsjackjackjackjack

If you can't acknowledge what Guidolin has done this season, you must be an idiot.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Thank you Curt on 19:27 - Apr 24 with 1378 viewscharliet27

If there's one person we need to be singing their praises, it's Gylfi...
Thank you Curt on 19:29 - Apr 24 with 1365 viewsymaohyd

Thank you Curt on 19:22 - Apr 24 by jackjackjackjack

If you can't acknowledge what Guidolin has done this season, you must be an idiot.

Which is what exactly?

I don't like a blame culture and would like the club to behave with dignity over the coming weeks...but come on!

First half against Chelsea not bad, the rest under Guido...utter shire I'm afraid.

As the op states, Curtis must take mist credit. The pivotal Arsenal and Norwich games, thanks largely to him.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Thank you Curt on 19:33 - Apr 24 with 1344 viewsjack247

Thank you Curt on 19:29 - Apr 24 by ymaohyd

Which is what exactly?

I don't like a blame culture and would like the club to behave with dignity over the coming weeks...but come on!

First half against Chelsea not bad, the rest under Guido...utter shire I'm afraid.

As the op states, Curtis must take mist credit. The pivotal Arsenal and Norwich games, thanks largely to him.

You can't be naive enough to think Guidollin didn't have anything to do with them surely? Curtis said as much after the Arsenal game I think. Both him and Curtis deserve a lot of praise for keeping us up.

Today was awful, last week was even worse, but let's not forget he achieved his objective with 6 games to spare.
Thank you Curt on 19:35 - Apr 24 with 1325 viewsjackjackjackjack

Thank you Curt on 19:29 - Apr 24 by ymaohyd

Which is what exactly?

Obviously you're another idiot.

After the Chelsea match we were second in the form table, and Guidolin was nominated for manager of the month. Now, after the board have made it clear he won't be here next season, and we've achieved 40 points, and the players are "on the beach", we lose away at the probable champions. It's not all Guidolin's fault. And don't forget we won 1 out of 7 under Curtis when he was given the job, people were crying out for a "proper" manager.

Thank you Guidolin, and thank you Curtis.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Thank you Curt on 19:38 - Apr 24 with 1291 viewsdougie

Thank you Curt on 19:35 - Apr 24 by jackjackjackjack

After the Chelsea match we were second in the form table, and Guidolin was nominated for manager of the month. Now, after the board have made it clear he won't be here next season, and we've achieved 40 points, and the players are "on the beach", we lose away at the probable champions. It's not all Guidolin's fault. And don't forget we won 1 out of 7 under Curtis when he was given the job, people were crying out for a "proper" manager.

And no thanks to the players led by Lord ash. They have brought this on by refusing to play for monk to start with. Chelsea players did the same under mourinho. They earn the most and dictate.
Thank you Curt on 19:46 - Apr 24 with 1230 viewsDaggyjack

Thank you Curt on 19:35 - Apr 24 by jackjackjackjack

Second in the form table yes but the wins for the most part have been fortunate.
Guidolin has said himself now that we are pretty much safe, that he wants his side to play with the style he wants...well if 3-0 and 4-0 defeats are his style, he can go manage Italy.
Thank you Curt on 19:50 - Apr 24 with 1208 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Guidolin is clearly not the man to take us forward next season.

Having said that I cannot understand the nasty digs at him about hoping his health takes a turn for the worse and so on. When Monk was sacked we were a basket case of a club. Curt steadied the ship for a while but then clearly started to buckle under the pressure. He was ageing a year a week and starting to make some bizarre decisions like the debacle at Oxford and the substitutions against Sunderland. Curt needed help badly or he was going to end up in hospital due to the strain that was killing him.

Guidolin came in and you could almost see the pressure lifting from Curt's shoulders. Between them they turned the season around and we got to 40 points with 5 games to go which was a minor miracle considering the state we were in after the Leicester home game. Yes, it was ugly but I would have taken winning goals deflecting in off the referee's arse to get safe.

Thanks Francesco and goodbye.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Thank you Curt on 20:27 - Apr 24 with 1143 viewsDaggyjack

Thank you Curt on 19:50 - Apr 24 by Joe_bradshaw

Having said that I cannot understand the nasty digs at him about hoping his health takes a turn for the worse and so on. When Monk was sacked we were a basket case of a club. Curt steadied the ship for a while but then clearly started to buckle under the pressure. He was ageing a year a week and starting to make some bizarre decisions like the debacle at Oxford and the substitutions against Sunderland. Curt needed help badly or he was going to end up in hospital due to the strain that was killing him.

Guidolin came in and you could almost see the pressure lifting from Curt's shoulders. Between them they turned the season around and we got to 40 points with 5 games to go which was a minor miracle considering the state we were in after the Leicester home game. Yes, it was ugly but I would have taken winning goals deflecting in off the referee's arse to get safe.

Can't argue with your post at all.
My main gripe is with the lazy overpaid squad, barring a few, and the board who sat back and did close to bugger all when we clearly needed improving at the last pre-season.
Thank you Curt on 20:29 - Apr 24 with 1135 viewsDaggyjack

Thank you Curt on 19:50 - Apr 24 by Joe_bradshaw

Can't argue with your post at all.
My main gripe is with the lazy overpaid squad, barring a few, and the board who sat back and did close to bugger all when we clearly needed improving at the last pre-season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024