Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is your favourite Swans player ? 13:06 - Jun 6 with 6018 viewstrampie

There has been many Swans players I liked over the years from decades ago up to more recent times but if I was to pick one I will go with Leighton James.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 00:45 - Jun 7 with 1137 viewsmorningstar

Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 00:04 - Jun 7 by Starsky

He can't be your favourite ffs. You're getting the down arrow!

When i was about 12/13, as a sandfields boy it was the done thing that when 'the Big match' finished on a Sunday afternoon about 30 of us would go down on the beach, jumpers as goalposts, and have a 15 or so side game that went on for hours sometimes. I used to tell them all that Mickey Conway was my friend and the older boys would just laugh at me, until one Sunday i turned up with him! So yeah, he is my favourite player.

ps, Hutch was also a favourite of mine! And I don't mean Tommy!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 00:59 - Jun 7 with 1116 viewsTreforys_Jack

Hmm, Robbie, Danny Bartley, Wyndham, Ferrie ,Trunds, Leon, Michu ...........................

but no got to go with the legend Curt.
Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 02:18 - Jun 7 with 1098 viewsStarsky

Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 00:45 - Jun 7 by morningstar

When i was about 12/13, as a sandfields boy it was the done thing that when 'the Big match' finished on a Sunday afternoon about 30 of us would go down on the beach, jumpers as goalposts, and have a 15 or so side game that went on for hours sometimes. I used to tell them all that Mickey Conway was my friend and the older boys would just laugh at me, until one Sunday i turned up with him! So yeah, he is my favourite player.

ps, Hutch was also a favourite of mine! And I don't mean Tommy!

I remember Micky taking a thunderbolt shot that hit the underside of the West. Stand and cannoned down onto some poor duffers head. Knocked him out.

If I remember correctly it was a stomach injury from a car crash that eventually forced him to retire. Just before the Tosh era.

He was my favourite for a while too.

He replaced the legendary Dave Roberts on the wing. Lol

It's just the internet, init.

Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 05:42 - Jun 7 with 1081 viewsWhiterockin

Geoff Thomas.
Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 07:16 - Jun 7 with 1053 viewsjack247

Trundle, as I'd never seen anyone like him play for us before.

There have been far better players since (and probably in the 80s), but he was unique at the time.
Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 07:57 - Jun 7 with 1026 viewsRobbie

Keith Walker for his absolute passion for the club , closely followed by Bob Latchford .
Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 09:30 - Jun 7 with 1004 viewsProfessor

Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 07:57 - Jun 7 by Robbie

Keith Walker for his absolute passion for the club , closely followed by Bob Latchford .

Was a good bloke 'Sky' Walker. Remember him in fits of laughter at Brentford sometime in the early/mid 90s when the decent away contingent began chanting "Scotland's Centre Half". He probably would be now.

Was a good trip Griffin Park-couple of Fuller's ESB in the Beehive!
Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 10:28 - Jun 7 with 982 viewsJFSwan

Lee Trundle
Leon
Andy Robinson
The 'original' Nathan Dyer

Was also fond of Stephen Dobbie who was our main creative spark in the promotion season.
Login to get fewer ads

Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 12:02 - Jun 7 with 957 viewsAnotherJohn

Curt, Latchford and Robbie James would have been my heroes in the old days - although I also had a soft spot for Tony Millington (who wasn't the greatest, but was a real entertainer). Alan gets extra bonus points and cements his 'legend' status for what he did for us this season.

I have to say though that for sheer excitement and something out of nothing- the guy who stands head and shoulders above everybody else, even if just for a brief period, is Michu. His goal at Chelsea brought us our only real silverware, and I don't think many other Swans players would have taken that chance.
Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 12:26 - Jun 7 with 940 viewsEasternJack

Keith Keith Keith Walker.

I'm pretty sure he downed at least 2 orbiting satellites with his own particular brand of the "Swansea Way"

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 12:30 - Jun 7 with 937 viewsEasternJack

Or Steve Torpey. Who I vividly remember heading the ball into the ground 2 yards out only for it to almost knock him out as it shot back up and over the bar into the East Stand.

Torpey's comedy misfiring was an under-appreciated piece of performance art.

Gomis has some way to go...
[Post edited 7 Jun 2016 12:31]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 13:31 - Jun 7 with 893 viewsswan65split

Who is your favourite Swans player ? on 00:02 - Jun 7 by Starsky

You picked 15 and then went with Curt.
Just say Curt!

when you get to my age and start thinking about the question, after a while you forget the point but its close season, so gotta keep the interest going, and have a bit of History.

Hang on why am I typing this?,,,,,,,,oh missis is watching Neighbours!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024