Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
signing alert 11:19 - Jul 14 with 18720 views_dezzy

KHBA

signing alert on 12:18 - Jul 15 with 2642 viewsdingdangblue

signing alert on 12:10 - Jul 15 by leedsdale

There is an interview with Hill on Daleplayer; it's quite lengthy, but the main messages are:

RNL is a risk free signing and he has made a "big sacrifice" with his wages. Thinks this will be a wake up call for him

We need 4 quality players who are better than what we have, but this is difficult as wage demands are continually increasing and lots of teams splashing the cash around

Eccleston has left the club to pursue other options, but Hill wasn't blown away by him so no loss

Robinson still at club but also hasn't overly impressed, expects this weekend to bring some developments

Expects Prem and Championship clubs to decide nearer the end of August about loaning players out, and at the moment we aren't in a position to loan players out

No new trialists for this weekend, but one or two members of senior staff may make an appearance at the weekend, not concerned as feels this allows direct coaching of younger players

"No idea" if we will sell a younger player this summer, although in all probability over the next 12-18 months it is likely, but as the manager he will fight to keep his best players

Overall he seemed happier than Tuesday (not difficult) but still realistic about the task at hand.

Its very unlikely Camps or Allen will sign contract extensions beyond their current final year - this means they either have to be sold before September or in January. After that we will only get a nominal tribunal fee (which is usually way below the players worth).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

signing alert on 12:18 - Jul 15 with 2643 viewsAtThePeake

There is an interview with Hill on Daleplayer; it's quite lengthy, but the main messages are:

RNL is a risk free signing and he has made a "big sacrifice" with his wages. Thinks this will be a wake up call for him

We need 4 quality players who are better than what we have, but this is difficult as wage demands are continually increasing and lots of teams splashing the cash around

Eccleston has left the club to pursue other options, but Hill wasn't blown away by him so no loss

Robinson still at club but also hasn't overly impressed, expects this weekend to bring some developments

Expects Prem and Championship clubs to decide nearer the end of August about loaning players out, and at the moment we aren't in a position to loan players out

No new trialists for this weekend, but one or two members of senior staff may make an appearance at the weekend, not concerned as feels this allows direct coaching of younger players

"No idea" if we will sell a younger player this summer, although in all probability over the next 12-18 months it is likely, but as the manager he will fight to keep his best players

Overall he seemed happier than Tuesday (not difficult) but still realistic about the task at hand.

How much of a sacrifice can it be to go from no wage to a wage?

Tangled up in blue.

signing alert on 12:27 - Jul 15 with 2606 viewsdale_spotland

His dampened mood on Tuesday was down to the Holness injury.

Outside of football the two of them are good friends, and prior to the interview Keith had just been told the news that his pal was out for possibly a year, so that's his mate possibly not earning any money for a year, so he was understandably gutted for him.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

signing alert on 12:40 - Jul 15 with 2557 viewsD_Dale

Thanks for the summary, leedsdale.

When the Biffos, to mention a nearby L1 club, are freely signing players it seems that a tight budget at Spotland is KH's biggest consideration.

Not sorry to hear that Eccleston has moved on. Robinson's goalscoring record looks better and maybe that's why Hill is persevering with him - and his scepticism is to lower the player's expectations of the sort of money he's been on in the past.
signing alert on 12:53 - Jul 15 with 2495 viewsdingdangblue

signing alert on 12:40 - Jul 15 by D_Dale

Thanks for the summary, leedsdale.

When the Biffos, to mention a nearby L1 club, are freely signing players it seems that a tight budget at Spotland is KH's biggest consideration.

Not sorry to hear that Eccleston has moved on. Robinson's goalscoring record looks better and maybe that's why Hill is persevering with him - and his scepticism is to lower the player's expectations of the sort of money he's been on in the past.

Its not so long ago that Robinson was getting into double figures for Derby in the Championship. Not quite sure what's gone wrong but at 27 he's still surely got a lot to offer if Hill can get him right? Obviously Hill will know if he's shown anything in training - then it comes down to wage demands/expectations.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

signing alert on 14:41 - Jul 15 with 2278 viewsWhiteyBFC

signing alert on 11:43 - Jul 15 by D_Dale

This seemed a typical Whitey post, full and reasoned, until I got to that sentence about RNL as a 'striker', unleashing shots and then 'bingo'.

RNL has scored 5 goals in 79 league games. That appears to make getting a goal as rare as winning a bingo jackpot.

I see you've bagged Tom Bradshaw, although most of the rumours linked him with a move to Rotherham. He won't have come cheap.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2016 12:28]

How many times has he played up front or behind the striker(s) for you? I honestly don't see him as a winger. He was developed as a striker or at best, a 10. He was then (under Hillcroft) seen as a winger or wingback and told to get into the gym and build muscle to prevent injury, to help with his workload going up and down the flank. It doesn't suit him. It'd be like asking Sturridge or Defoe to play there.

Play him centrally and I believe you'll get more out of him. And there's a hell of a lot more in there. People laugh when I've said previously just how much talent he has, but I've seen it and I've spoken with so many of his former teammates who were in awe of how good he was... in training. Reuben was sort of ahead of my missus' lad when Robins was in charge. It was Jacob stationed out of position out wide with Reubs allowed to roam freely but central. But Keith immediately recognised Jacob's talent but more than that, the drive, arrogance and attitude to excel at that level. So inside came Jacob, out went RNL, the rest is history.

I'm not suggesting he's your main man or the key weapon for Dale this season. The lad (as lovely as he is) could do with becoming a bit more angry, a bit more fussed. Grow an attitude. I often wonder if he's too nice for his own good. You have to go out and grab things in life. I think him having everything there in front of him so early at 15, it can't have helped. A trial with Sir Alex, managers at Oakwell telling everyone just how brilliant he is etc. He is 22 now. Keith has obviously seen summat in him to give him a final chance. I hope for Reubs and Keith he makes something of it.

Just read Keith's quotes on him and hats off to him. I love Keith. No holds barred, straight down the line.

Up to you, Reubenio.
signing alert on 14:59 - Jul 15 with 2218 viewsdingdangblue

signing alert on 14:41 - Jul 15 by WhiteyBFC

How many times has he played up front or behind the striker(s) for you? I honestly don't see him as a winger. He was developed as a striker or at best, a 10. He was then (under Hillcroft) seen as a winger or wingback and told to get into the gym and build muscle to prevent injury, to help with his workload going up and down the flank. It doesn't suit him. It'd be like asking Sturridge or Defoe to play there.

Play him centrally and I believe you'll get more out of him. And there's a hell of a lot more in there. People laugh when I've said previously just how much talent he has, but I've seen it and I've spoken with so many of his former teammates who were in awe of how good he was... in training. Reuben was sort of ahead of my missus' lad when Robins was in charge. It was Jacob stationed out of position out wide with Reubs allowed to roam freely but central. But Keith immediately recognised Jacob's talent but more than that, the drive, arrogance and attitude to excel at that level. So inside came Jacob, out went RNL, the rest is history.

I'm not suggesting he's your main man or the key weapon for Dale this season. The lad (as lovely as he is) could do with becoming a bit more angry, a bit more fussed. Grow an attitude. I often wonder if he's too nice for his own good. You have to go out and grab things in life. I think him having everything there in front of him so early at 15, it can't have helped. A trial with Sir Alex, managers at Oakwell telling everyone just how brilliant he is etc. He is 22 now. Keith has obviously seen summat in him to give him a final chance. I hope for Reubs and Keith he makes something of it.

Just read Keith's quotes on him and hats off to him. I love Keith. No holds barred, straight down the line.

Up to you, Reubenio.

At the minute he's got Henderson,McDermott,Camps and even Allen who would start as a number 10 ahead of him - and all have shown far more 'talent' on a football pitch for us. He really needs to show it now if its ever going to happen.

signing alert on 15:09 - Jul 15 with 2188 viewsboromat

signing alert on 14:59 - Jul 15 by dingdangblue

At the minute he's got Henderson,McDermott,Camps and even Allen who would start as a number 10 ahead of him - and all have shown far more 'talent' on a football pitch for us. He really needs to show it now if its ever going to happen.

I'd even add Matty Lund to that list

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

signing alert on 15:26 - Jul 15 with 2148 viewsmacro

Was amazed at the news, speaking to others at Fylde expected one of Robinson and ecclestone to sign, rnl signing could mean Robinson doesn't get a deal.

Looking at the squad, a proper reserve keeper, cover at left back and centre back looks where the gaps are
signing alert on 16:42 - Jul 15 with 2019 viewsTalkingSutty

signing alert on 12:27 - Jul 15 by dale_spotland

His dampened mood on Tuesday was down to the Holness injury.

Outside of football the two of them are good friends, and prior to the interview Keith had just been told the news that his pal was out for possibly a year, so that's his mate possibly not earning any money for a year, so he was understandably gutted for him.

I would imagine there will be insurance in place to cover the Club and player should anybody receive a injury. I can't see how they would be able to play otherwise. It's still a shame for him though because even if Hill didn't offer him a contract I am sure he would have picked something up further down the leagues. I wasn't aware they good mates so I am sure Hilly is a bit upset with what transpired.
signing alert on 16:59 - Jul 15 with 1963 viewsColDale

signing alert on 16:42 - Jul 15 by TalkingSutty

I would imagine there will be insurance in place to cover the Club and player should anybody receive a injury. I can't see how they would be able to play otherwise. It's still a shame for him though because even if Hill didn't offer him a contract I am sure he would have picked something up further down the leagues. I wasn't aware they good mates so I am sure Hilly is a bit upset with what transpired.

Not sure how much insurance will play a part in this. Clubs can insure against injury, but Holness was without a club. I can't imagine how you can insure to protect against wages when you've no wage coming in though there'll no doubt be some support from the PFA, and I'm sure there will be some support from us rather than completely washing our hands of him.
signing alert on 17:03 - Jul 15 with 1947 viewsBartRowou

Please can we get rid of squad numbers so that a number 10 is a number 10.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

signing alert on 17:04 - Jul 15 with 1941 viewsTalkingSutty

signing alert on 16:59 - Jul 15 by ColDale

Not sure how much insurance will play a part in this. Clubs can insure against injury, but Holness was without a club. I can't imagine how you can insure to protect against wages when you've no wage coming in though there'll no doubt be some support from the PFA, and I'm sure there will be some support from us rather than completely washing our hands of him.

Can Sunday League players not get insurance to cover them if injured? If it's your profession you would think players would look into something like that. Hopefully he will get sorted out.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2016 17:06]
signing alert on 18:21 - Jul 15 with 1839 viewsnordenblue

signing alert on 17:04 - Jul 15 by TalkingSutty

Can Sunday League players not get insurance to cover them if injured? If it's your profession you would think players would look into something like that. Hopefully he will get sorted out.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2016 17:06]

The simple answer is yes TS, a friend of mine sells insurance to all levels of sports/ages from kids right through to pro rugby league players
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024