Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Port Talbot Town 10:12 - Aug 10 with 8516 viewsArtur_Adeyemi

10 people arrested over alleged match fixing.
Port Talbot Town on 11:00 - Aug 10 with 6449 viewsblaine_scfc

Very easy to do these days.

They have inplay bets on Welsh Division 1 these days, most of these guys don't get paid to play, it's just a hobby.
Port Talbot Town on 11:17 - Aug 10 with 6402 viewswhiterock

What I heard, and it could well be rubbish

PT pay their players a couple of hundred pound per week, because they were going to finish mid table, they tried to save a bit of money by playing the kids, those in the know knew that they were fielding a lesser team and put a few bob on that they would lose the game.
Port Talbot Town on 11:21 - Aug 10 with 6387 viewsdcd14

Port Talbot Town on 11:17 - Aug 10 by whiterock

PT pay their players a couple of hundred pound per week, because they were going to finish mid table, they tried to save a bit of money by playing the kids, those in the know knew that they were fielding a lesser team and put a few bob on that they would lose the game.

Similar to what I heard.
Port Talbot Town on 11:21 - Aug 10 with 6385 viewsdcd14

Port Talbot Town on 11:00 - Aug 10 by blaine_scfc

Very easy to do these days.

They have inplay bets on Welsh Division 1 these days, most of these guys don't get paid to play, it's just a hobby.

All players at that level are paid.

Llanelli players a division below are well paid as an example.
Port Talbot Town on 11:35 - Aug 10 with 6333 viewsjack247

That makes more sense. I'd imagine it would actually be quite hard to match fix at that level because any bet significant enough to make it worthwhile would stick out like a sore thumb and arouse immediate suspicion. It's not worth being investigated for match fixing for the sake of a couple of hundred quid
Port Talbot Town on 11:58 - Aug 10 with 6282 viewspremierjack

They do get paid. People knew they were taking most of the youth team to play in the games so work got around. I know a lot of people who bet on the match, some bets I know were placed between £500 - £750.

I didn't take the tip because I'm not a betting man.
Port Talbot Town on 12:16 - Aug 10 with 6244 viewsraynor94

Port Talbot Town on 11:35 - Aug 10 by jack247

That makes more sense. I'd imagine it would actually be quite hard to match fix at that level because any bet significant enough to make it worthwhile would stick out like a sore thumb and arouse immediate suspicion. It's not worth being investigated for match fixing for the sake of a couple of hundred quid

This is conspiracy to defraud, we are not talking hundreds here, silly to try it on with the big bookies, heavy price to pay for some here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Port Talbot Town on 12:33 - Aug 10 with 6207 viewsBarryTownSwam

Port Talbot players are paid relatively well compared to teams at similar levels. Doesn't explain how PT players lumped on their own team losing 5-0 to Rhyl (a team that that lost all 17 previous games). Surprisingly the match ended up 5-0 to Rhyl.
Login to get fewer ads

Port Talbot Town on 12:50 - Aug 10 with 6135 viewsHighjack

Port Talbot Town on 12:33 - Aug 10 by BarryTownSwam

Port Talbot players are paid relatively well compared to teams at similar levels. Doesn't explain how PT players lumped on their own team losing 5-0 to Rhyl (a team that that lost all 17 previous games). Surprisingly the match ended up 5-0 to Rhyl.

Rhyl must have been in on it as well then?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Port Talbot Town on 13:03 - Aug 10 with 6093 viewssherpajacob

all those arrested are from south wales, so it seems Rhyl weren't involved, they just beat an understrength PT team.

without knowing any other specifics to this case, to me there is a huge difference between match fixing and using knowledge of team strengths and weaknesses to get one over the bookies.

If you were watching the swans, or any team, training (as a fan) and saw a crucial player break his leg, would you be guilty of match fixing if you dashed round the bookies to put a bet on the opposition at a decent price, before the injury became common knowledge and the price adjusted? To me that's just using local knowledge.

A correct score bet of 5-0 does look dodgy though.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Port Talbot Town on 13:22 - Aug 10 with 6029 viewsblaine_scfc

Port Talbot Town on 11:21 - Aug 10 by dcd14

All players at that level are paid.

Llanelli players a division below are well paid as an example.

I can assure you they are not.

Some clubs in the feeder leagues are paid, it depends whose backing them, but not all players in Division 1 Welsh League are paid.

Edit ---- Welsh Premier League players are paid granted, but I just made an example of how mad it is, you can actually place inplay bets on division 1 games for example. There is no interest in it, crowds at that level are between 30-50 most weeks!
[Post edited 10 Aug 2016 13:24]
Port Talbot Town on 13:34 - Aug 10 with 5986 viewsWhiterockin

Port Talbot Town on 13:03 - Aug 10 by sherpajacob

all those arrested are from south wales, so it seems Rhyl weren't involved, they just beat an understrength PT team.

without knowing any other specifics to this case, to me there is a huge difference between match fixing and using knowledge of team strengths and weaknesses to get one over the bookies.

If you were watching the swans, or any team, training (as a fan) and saw a crucial player break his leg, would you be guilty of match fixing if you dashed round the bookies to put a bet on the opposition at a decent price, before the injury became common knowledge and the price adjusted? To me that's just using local knowledge.

A correct score bet of 5-0 does look dodgy though.

Depends if you picked the team then bet on them to lose. Not saying that this did happen.
Port Talbot Town on 13:59 - Aug 10 with 5924 viewsMagicDaps

If it is the case that people just knew they were fielding a weaker team, then it's not match fixing. It's something that happens in football, and it's up to the punter and the bookie to be aware of it. I'm sure plenty on here won a few quid when they saw the Liverpool team to face us recently.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Port Talbot Town on 19:02 - Aug 10 with 5630 viewstaffpunk

Ton Pentre's players get £30-£40 a game, I know for a 99.9 percent certainty that they threw some games last season, and that the majority of the squad bet on them to lose. They might not get investigated because the bets were around their wages stakes, so maybe not enough cash to arouse too much suspicion? It backfired slightly on them, as one of the games they'd bet on they actually won, maybe the other side had also bet on themselves to lose?

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Port Talbot Town on 19:51 - Aug 10 with 5520 viewsQuakerJack

Watch the highlights...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Port Talbot Town on 19:55 - Aug 10 with 5502 viewsQuakerJack

Port Talbot Town on 13:59 - Aug 10 by MagicDaps

If it is the case that people just knew they were fielding a weaker team, then it's not match fixing. It's something that happens in football, and it's up to the punter and the bookie to be aware of it. I'm sure plenty on here won a few quid when they saw the Liverpool team to face us recently.

There's more to it than that... Much more...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Port Talbot Town on 22:27 - Aug 10 with 5304 viewsKilkennyjack

BBC saying 8 men and 3 women ?
Seems nuts to me.

I just don't get it ? WTF ?

Beware of the Risen People

Port Talbot Town on 23:11 - Aug 10 with 5244 viewsMagicDaps

Port Talbot Town on 19:51 - Aug 10 by QuakerJack

Watch the highlights...

Yeah I've seen the highlights and it doesn't look great does it.

Port Talbot Town on 00:06 - Aug 11 with 5203 viewsgazza_1234

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/premier-league-stars-family-held-8605347
Port Talbot Town on 00:09 - Aug 11 with 5191 viewsDarran

Port Talbot Town on 00:06 - Aug 11 by gazza_1234

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/premier-league-stars-family-held-8605347

Did anyone that played in the PL play for Port Talbot that season and has he got a sister?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Port Talbot Town (n/t) on 00:36 - Aug 11 with 5162 viewsMagicDaps

[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 11:01]

Port Talbot Town on 08:58 - Aug 11 with 5033 viewsdcd14

Port Talbot Town (n/t) on 00:36 - Aug 11 by MagicDaps

[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 11:01]

I'm told its Hartsons sister.
Port Talbot Town on 09:02 - Aug 11 with 5021 viewspikeypaul

if you know his gambling problems I would take 2/1,on the player being a centre forward and it says he played for a "host" of top clubs which he did not just 1 or 2 .

dcd14 was posting at the same time did not see your post.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 9:46]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Port Talbot Town on 09:05 - Aug 11 with 5013 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Easily done at WPL Level .

Been done in the past also ,I bet. !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Port Talbot Town on 09:06 - Aug 11 with 5010 viewspikeypaul

Port Talbot Town on 08:58 - Aug 11 by dcd14

I'm told its Hartsons sister.

The one that got done for shoplifting a couple of years back,big fat bird does a bit of singing?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 9:10]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024