Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free Agents 15:25 - Sep 1 with 11171 viewsJackBaston

So after a disastrous deadline day, where we probably needed 4 signings, not just a West Ham reject, could we possibly look to free agents?

Sky Sports have a Free agents XI up and dare i say there's some good options there?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10561244/free-agents-xi

Caceres is the pick of the bunch for me
Free Agents on 22:50 - Sep 1 with 2791 viewsBanosswan

Free Agents on 17:00 - Sep 1 by WarwickHunt

You are Huw Jenkins and I claim my five ...pence.

My surname is Jenkins.

But I have a proper first name.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Free Agents on 23:06 - Sep 1 with 2764 viewsGlyn1

Sunderland are going to need to get one of these in fast. Borini is going to be out of action until Christmas, leaving them with a 33 yr old (Defoe) and a 17 yr old as back-up.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Free Agents on 08:56 - Sep 2 with 2683 viewsLegend83

I would honestly take a punt on Flamini.

IMO a good part of the reason our defence has looked so shaky is the lack of protection (while Britton has been out or struggling) - Amat and FF should never be left in a position where they are floundering on the floor like beached whales putting stupid tackles in or backing off players running directly at them.

Cork needs to sort his sh*t out in that respect.
Free Agents on 09:29 - Sep 2 with 2669 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Free Agents on 08:56 - Sep 2 by Legend83

IMO a good part of the reason our defence has looked so shaky is the lack of protection (while Britton has been out or struggling) - Amat and FF should never be left in a position where they are floundering on the floor like beached whales putting stupid tackles in or backing off players running directly at them.

I'm split in flamini, I agree he looked decent last season, but I'd love to give Fulton a go. I think he's a great player for the prem and has always impressed whenever he's been thrown in
Free Agents on 10:44 - Sep 2 with 2626 viewsHuwJackBastard

Free Agents on 08:56 - Sep 2 by Legend83

I think flamini is a hell of a shout. he'd be the leader we are desperatley lacking too
Free Agents on 08:43 - Sep 5 with 2502 viewsAussieSwan

Free Agents on 10:44 - Sep 2 by HuwJackBastard

I think flamini is a hell of a shout. he'd be the leader we are desperatley lacking too

+1, I'd grab Flamini for sure. Would bring some much needed steel and defensive midfield cover

Sessegnon not a bad shout either, as others have said - cover for Gylfi, and he'd surely give us more than Routledge would on the wing?

I also think Caceres could add something (provided wages aren't a sticking point)
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 9:15]

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Free Agents on 08:44 - Sep 5 with 2499 viewsAussieSwan

Matter of time before Sunderland sign 2-3 players on that list...

Free Agents on 09:24 - Sep 5 with 2452 viewsPhil_S

The OP read

"So after a disastrous deadline day, where we probably needed 4 signings, not just a West Ham reject, could we possibly look to free agents?

Sky Sports have a Free agents XI up and dare i say there's some good options there?

Caceres is the pick of the bunch for me "

Critical that we were linked with a West Ham reject but countered it with a list of other rejects...
Login to get fewer ads

Free Agents on 12:50 - Sep 5 with 2321 viewscostalotta

Free Agents on 09:24 - Sep 5 by Phil_S

The OP read

"So after a disastrous deadline day, where we probably needed 4 signings, not just a West Ham reject, could we possibly look to free agents?

Critical that we were linked with a West Ham reject but countered it with a list of other rejects...

Sort of... But we are supposed to be short of cash? So, wouldn't make sense to sign a reject for nought (transfer fee) as opposed to 14m ?

Just saying.
Free Agents on 13:34 - Sep 5 with 2260 viewsWarwickHunt

Free Agents on 08:44 - Sep 5 by AussieSwan

Matter of time before Sunderland sign 2-3 players on that list...

Huw's thinking about "one or two".

Come back in December.
Free Agents on 14:21 - Sep 5 with 2197 viewsJackBaston

Free Agents on 09:24 - Sep 5 by Phil_S

The OP read

Caceres let go from Juventus and currently being linked to Chelsea
has won 5 Seria A titles and the Champions League with Barcelona in 2009

Im sorry Phil how is he on the same level to Valencia? A player whos scored 8 goals in 54 games
Free Agents on 14:57 - Sep 5 with 2135 viewsandypitt56

Free Agents on 22:05 - Sep 1 by magicdaps10

We would be mad too name 4 keepers in our squad of 25.

Think that would be the first time that has happened since the 25 man rule came in.

Makes you wonder, along with nordfielt getting a new contract whether or not they seem him as the long term replacement for fabianski and perhaps they werent expecting fab to stay after the euros considering how he played.
Free Agents on 15:01 - Sep 5 with 2125 viewsharryhpalmer

There are reports of an out of contract player having a trial now. Anyone heard anything?

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Free Agents on 15:08 - Sep 5 with 2114 viewsjack247

Free Agents on 08:43 - Sep 5 by AussieSwan

+1, I'd grab Flamini for sure. Would bring some much needed steel and defensive midfield cover

Sessegnon not a bad shout either, as others have said - cover for Gylfi, and he'd surely give us more than Routledge would on the wing?

I also think Caceres could add something (provided wages aren't a sticking point)
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 9:15]

Certainly agree with Sessegnon. Could cover Gylfi or the wingers. Doubt he would be first choice, but would make the bench most weeks.

How has Caceres ended up without a club?
Free Agents on 15:10 - Sep 5 with 2112 viewsmonmouth

Free Agents on 15:01 - Sep 5 by harryhpalmer

There are reports of an out of contract player having a trial now. Anyone heard anything?

Oh f**k. Got to Dai Hoilett if he's still OOC doesn't it? Mind you, at least it offers something a bit different, as he'll have a shot. In fact, now it's hobsons choice I'm warming to it if it were true and if it were him.

I haven't looked at the list, but I bet there's some right old shat on there.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Free Agents on 15:20 - Sep 5 with 2028 viewsmagicdaps10

Free Agents on 15:01 - Sep 5 by harryhpalmer

Where are these reports mate?

Would probably think that with one place left in the squad and being linked with wingers capable of playing up top then Junior Hoilett would be an option.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Free Agents on 15:35 - Sep 5 with 2002 viewsGriffting

Looks like chelsea are close on caceres.
Free Agents on 15:38 - Sep 5 with 1989 viewsmagicdaps10

Free Agents on 15:35 - Sep 5 by Griffting

Looks like chelsea are close on caceres.

If he is past his injury problem then he would be a terrific signing for them.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Free Agents on 15:39 - Sep 5 with 1984 viewsJackSomething

Free Agents on 15:08 - Sep 5 by jack247

Certainly agree with Sessegnon. Could cover Gylfi or the wingers. Doubt he would be first choice, but would make the bench most weeks.

How has Caceres ended up without a club?

That's the important question. He's only 29 and not being able to get in a team containing Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini is hardly shameful.

Yet Juventus chose to release him and get nowt for him. Got to be a good reason. The fact he hasn't played since Achilles damage may have something to do with it. Potentially career ending injury? Not to mention a look at his career history shows surprisingly few appearances and lots of injuries. Chelsea can presumably afford to pay him a decent wedge in the hope he recovers, while we probably couldn't/wouldn't do the same.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 15:45]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Free Agents on 16:09 - Sep 5 with 1925 viewsGriffting

Free Agents on 15:38 - Sep 5 by magicdaps10

If he is past his injury problem then he would be a terrific signing for them.

Yes. And if he isn't, a pay as you play/performance based deal would be relatively low cost risk as well.
Free Agents on 16:38 - Sep 5 with 1879 viewsjack247

Free Agents on 15:39 - Sep 5 by JackSomething

That's the important question. He's only 29 and not being able to get in a team containing Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini is hardly shameful.

Yet Juventus chose to release him and get nowt for him. Got to be a good reason. The fact he hasn't played since Achilles damage may have something to do with it. Potentially career ending injury? Not to mention a look at his career history shows surprisingly few appearances and lots of injuries. Chelsea can presumably afford to pay him a decent wedge in the hope he recovers, while we probably couldn't/wouldn't do the same.

Not do much that he left Juve for free, more that no-one has picked him up. He must be asking mental wages/signing on fee, or clubs are scared by his injury record. Either way I'm surprised no one he wants to play for has taken the gamble
Free Agents on 03:15 - Sep 6 with 1676 viewsAussieSwan

Free Agents on 15:39 - Sep 5 by JackSomething

Wages probably have something to do with it - as I dare say it would for most others on that list

But he has a raft of top tier experience across several countries (like Flamini) and is only 29... I think he would be a fantastic signing, and certainly add a lot of steel to our defence. A pay-as-you-play contract would work well for us too. But he wouldn't come here if Chelsea have a serious offer on the table (and who could blame him)

Free Agents on 08:42 - Sep 6 with 1622 viewskarnataka

Free Agents on 03:15 - Sep 6 by AussieSwan

Wages probably have something to do with it - as I dare say it would for most others on that list

But he has a raft of top tier experience across several countries (like Flamini) and is only 29... I think he would be a fantastic signing, and certainly add a lot of steel to our defence. A pay-as-you-play contract would work well for us too. But he wouldn't come here if Chelsea have a serious offer on the table (and who could blame him)

Well, it's the same old dilemma. Sit on Chelsea's bench or play 30+ league games for a team like us.
Free Agents on 09:43 - Sep 6 with 1554 viewsPhil_S

Free Agents on 08:42 - Sep 6 by karnataka

Well, it's the same old dilemma. Sit on Chelsea's bench or play 30+ league games for a team like us.

Earn what we would pay to pay 30+ games or earn what Chelsea would pay to sit on the bench with the odd appearance

Can you also imagine the uproar if we signed him and then he got injured straight away
Free Agents on 10:37 - Sep 6 with 1513 viewsDewi1jack

And on a lighter note
Wales on Line is touting all the players on the earlier list (and a few more)for our Eastern cousins

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/free-agents-cardiff-ci

"The free agents Cardiff City or Swansea City could sign for absolutely nothing right now"

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024