Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread 02:50 - Sep 8 with 39031 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 11 Sep 2016 2:15]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 22:19 - Sep 11 with 1136 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 22:15 - Sep 11 by jesushchrist

I'm so pleased that so many people are realising Taylor is shite, i don't know how he has survived as 1st choice for so long, there aren't many left back in the league that offer as little as him going forward.

He's not shite. That's the point.

Defensively he's OK and always has been. I'd have no problem with him dropping in for a game or two here and there when the first choice is out, and neither would most Swans fans I'd imagine.

Problem is that many have made excuses for him when being good defensively but about as much use as a barbed wire condom going forward simply isn't enough for a top level fullback any more. Ludicrous claims about him being our "player of the season" haven't helped either.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 22:19 - Sep 11 with 1135 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 20:59 - Sep 11 by exiledclaseboy

I've no idea what to make of that. Delighted with the point and the balls we showed in the second half. I'll just chuck a few random statements out there.

The first half was a shambles.

Taylor should be severely disciplined for his lack of respect and show of petulance to the manager.

Fernandez is a liability.

Costa is a c*nt. Chelsea is a club of c*nts.

Andre Marriner gave almost everything Costa asked him to.

Fer was excellent again.

Llorente was useless again.

Jack Cork gets a nosebleed if he thinks about passing the ball forward.

The formation we started with needs wing backs to work. We haven't got wing backs to make it work.

Mawson has to be a better bet than Fernandez.

I'm still not sure that Guidolin has the first clue what he's doing.

Onwards.

Disagree on Llorente and Guidolin.

Thought Llorente did OK - created a lot of space. Guidolin had a decent idea to start and it was let down by a FF mistake and heads dropping.

To make the change he did was spot on.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2016 23:49]
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 22:21 - Sep 11 with 1128 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:57 - Sep 11 by exiledclaseboy

Taylor gets a higher rating than Kingsley?

Righty dokey then.

You're forgetting the 'he's Welsh add 5 points'.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 22:26 - Sep 11 with 1112 viewstrampie

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 22:17 - Sep 11 by londonlisa2001

The only thing that humiliated Taylor was that the cameras picked up his reaction and made him look like a petulant prat.

He was taken off for us to bring on an outlet - as soon as Barrow came on they had to stay further back because when they were attacking we could launch it up and create something ourselves (as for the penalty). Before that it just kept coming straight back.

It was great tactical switch and the only choice was Taylor or Kingsley off - Kingsley is a better full back at present.

Taylor should be fined the maximum the club can fine him.

I take it from your comments that you think that Kingsley would start at fullback over Taylor next week in a flat back 4 ?

Kingsley is the future and has done well, but I thought he was poor today, poorer than Taylor but Kingsley can play centre-back as well as full-back so was the most obvious choice to stay on in a back 3.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 23:48 - Sep 11 with 1041 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 22:26 - Sep 11 by trampie

I take it from your comments that you think that Kingsley would start at fullback over Taylor next week in a flat back 4 ?

Kingsley is the future and has done well, but I thought he was poor today, poorer than Taylor but Kingsley can play centre-back as well as full-back so was the most obvious choice to stay on in a back 3.

I would at the moment yes.

And Kingsley didn't stay on in a back 3 - we switched to a flat back 4 when Taylor went off and a midfield diamond with 2 up front.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 00:09 - Sep 12 with 1012 viewstrampie

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 18:48 - Sep 11 by Borojack

I thought Fer played well

Fer was Swans best player on the day imo

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 01:54 - Sep 12 with 953 viewsdailew

Thought Ki had a good game. Haven't seen him mentioned much.

Put in a good shift and even went in for a few tackles. Be a big plus to have him back at his best.

With Gylfi's best yet to come as well, thing are really looking up.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 04:03 - Sep 12 with 924 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:22 - Sep 11 by trampie

I've been impressed with Guido since he came to the club but he made a mistake in taking Taylor off when he did.

You’re right — he should have hooked him at least 10 minutes earlier.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 07:30 - Sep 12 with 871 viewsdameedna

It was Llorente's clearing header from Oscar's free kick that landed on our penalty spot to Ki to Fer to Barrow to Siggurdson to score. He needs service but looks like he has the ability.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 09:39 - Sep 12 with 828 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 22:19 - Sep 11 by ItchySphincter

Nonsense.

Good enough for Spain and Juve but not good enough for the Swans?

You'll be back tomorrow to say you p!ssed.

He's not good enough for Spain or Juve any more.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 09:51 - Sep 12 with 814 viewsjohnlangy

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 09:39 - Sep 12 by jasper_T

He's not good enough for Spain or Juve any more.

Well obviously not anymore but, if he was we wouldn't have been able to afford him.

He's past his best but improving in every game. Yesterday he was isolated for most of the game being marked by Cahill and/or Terry. Not easy.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 10:40 - Sep 12 with 771 viewsHeadmaster

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 18:57 - Sep 10 by Headmaster

Against my better judgement, I am going with 2-1 Swans. I have a feeling this could be the game we see Llorente shine.

Almost had it. Typical to let in a late goal.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 11:22 - Sep 12 with 744 viewsLegend83

My views for what they are worth:

The bad

- Those saying Taylor was not used to his new role...er, where does he play for Wales? He was garbage, summed up for me by one instance where he had the ball on the touch line in the Chelsea half, didn't know what to do with it so just lobbed it sideways hopefully towards Fer and instead found the feet of Matic. Hopeless, and his reaction to being hooked was unforgivable.

- I have had patience with FF because I couldn't possibly believe an Argentinian international could be that bad. Yes Fabianski should have claimed the ball - but rule number one for any top-flight defender: DON'T CLEAR IT BACK INTO THE DANGERZONE.

- Cork had a very poor game by his standards and doesn't look fit to me. A lack of mobility and dynamism in his play that we saw at times last season. I just hope he doesn't become automatic pick because of the armband.

The good

- Fer. I will accept his defensive deficiencies and hope management act on it, while he is scoring goals and producing moments of sheer quality that no-one else in the squad can - that pass to Barrow was sensational.

- Ki. Nothing spectacular but I thought he brought a bit of Britton-esque composure to the team. Either he or Britton needs to be in the midfield as they both have the knack of finding space and being available for a pass.

- Siggy anonymous at times but getting better and worked his socks off (as always).

- Llorente.

A great, if slightly mental result which hopefully will harness a bit of confidence going into the game against a Southampton team who are definitely there for the taking.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024