Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GUIDO OUT!!!!! 16:22 - Sep 18 with 5511 viewsswannylad

Negative football. Defend defend defend. How can you expect our new strikers to make an impact with these tactics ? Useless and clueless get him out NOW!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 16:25]
GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 19:03 - Sep 18 with 1182 viewsmonmouth

The best summary of the day.

"We were just sort of there".

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:07 - Sep 18 with 1107 viewsJack123

It took me a while for it to sink in with Monk, even though loads said beforehand.. I just can't see ferk all working with Franco.. Fuc*ng abysmal today.. Clueless..

libera nos a malo

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:25 - Sep 18 with 1072 viewsNookiejack

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 18:55 - Sep 18 by JackFish

It wasn't defensive though was it really? We didn't sit back and constrict the space and defend well, nor did we crowd the midfield and make things difficult for them. We were just sort of there, not really looking like we had a clue what to do, either in defence or attack.

Yes you are right - the worrying thing was how much space they found between our defensive midfield and defence. Seemed to open us up at will towards end of first half and 15-20 minute spell in second half. Couldn't change the tempo either and break things up - wave after wave coming at us.

Southampton were very good their big weakness was their finishing. Another club that have gone past us by a long way. Thought they were much better than last season - when they beat us twice.

Baston looked quite good though
GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:30 - Sep 18 with 1056 viewsGowerjack

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 17:28 - Sep 18 by perchrockjack

We showed spirit v Chelsea .
We didn't today.
We didn't carry it on.

Down to manager

Disagree.

Down to the players.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:36 - Sep 18 with 1039 viewsexiledclaseboy

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:30 - Sep 18 by Gowerjack

Disagree.

Down to the players.

The manager is ultimately responsible. He's in charge, he carries the can.

Poll: Tory leader

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:39 - Sep 18 with 1027 viewsSmellyplumz

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:36 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

Yep and a good manager will galvanise the squad and the team spirit, Rodgers being a prime example for us.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:39 - Sep 18 with 1025 views3swan

He carries the can, but he can't make players pass to each other and offer support.

Now at the end of last season, and again this season he has said in interviews that we need to be more aggressive in our play and at a higher tempo.

Now either this isn't done in match preparation or the players just aren't capable.
GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:42 - Sep 18 with 1016 viewsJackFish

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:39 - Sep 18 by 3swan

He carries the can, but he can't make players pass to each other and offer support.

Now at the end of last season, and again this season he has said in interviews that we need to be more aggressive in our play and at a higher tempo.

Now either this isn't done in match preparation or the players just aren't capable.

He can't make the players pass to each other no, but surely it's his responsibility to make sure that they at the very least give 100% effort and commitment.
Login to get fewer ads

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:46 - Sep 18 with 1001 views3swan

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:42 - Sep 18 by JackFish

He can't make the players pass to each other no, but surely it's his responsibility to make sure that they at the very least give 100% effort and commitment.

Again yes he should, but once over that white line it's mostly down to the players.

In reality when you look at the rest of the squad has he many options to improve things.

This isn't me out and out supporting him as I believe there are things wrong all through the club from top to bottom, culminating in what we see an the pitch
GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:47 - Sep 18 with 997 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:39 - Sep 18 by 3swan

"he can't make players pass to each other and offer support."

It's kind of his job description though, isn't it?

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:48 - Sep 18 with 983 viewsGowerjack

Not once they go over the white line it's then down to the players.

Plastic since 1974

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:49 - Sep 18 with 981 views3swan

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:47 - Sep 18 by FearOfAJackPlanet

"he can't make players pass to each other and offer support."

It's kind of his job description though, isn't it?

Yes but also the basics of their job.

Being 'Premier League' players you'd have thought they would have mastered the basics
GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:52 - Sep 18 with 954 viewsexiledclaseboy

How many different formations did we play today? Three? And none of them were any good.

The lopsided one winger formation reminds me of the Flynn halcyon days.

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:53 - Sep 18 with 942 viewsexiledclaseboy

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:48 - Sep 18 by Gowerjack

Not once they go over the white line it's then down to the players.

So his come it's always the manager who loses his job then?

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:53 - Sep 18 with 939 views3swan

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:52 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

How many different formations did we play today? Three? And none of them were any good.

We stayed up
GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:59 - Sep 18 with 882 viewsJackFish

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:52 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

Oh good, someone else noticed we were playing some bizarre diamond with a sort-of-winger on one side and a huge gap on the other. I couldn't work out if one of Siggy/Fer was meant to be staying wider on the left or if we'd deliberately lined up with four central midfielders, one striker and one winger.
GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:00 - Sep 18 with 878 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:49 - Sep 18 by 3swan

Yes but also the basics of their job.

Being 'Premier League' players you'd have thought they would have mastered the basics

We all know players are generally c*nts. Pampered, self-important darlings.

But if they won't perform for their manager, we have to sack the manager and acquiesce to the players. Chelsea sacked their best manager ever due to player power, we'll probably have to bin FG for the same reason.

It's sickening, but it's the nature of the beast.

Maybe there will be some constructive clear-the-air talks this week and we wipe the slate clean; not holding my breath though.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:04 - Sep 18 with 866 views3swan

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:00 - Sep 18 by FearOfAJackPlanet

But if they won't perform for their manager, we have to sack the manager and acquiesce to the players. Chelsea sacked their best manager ever due to player power, we'll probably have to bin FG for the same reason.

Maybe there will be some constructive clear-the-air talks this week and we wipe the slate clean; not holding my breath though.

It is the way of football to sack the manager, but it just confirms what we think about players.

Do they do the same to the next manager and the one after that. The manager has to earn their respect but the players also have to earn ours.
GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:05 - Sep 18 with 859 viewsGowerjack

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:53 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

So his come it's always the manager who loses his job then?

Thats a dull question.

Plastic since 1974

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:09 - Sep 18 with 841 viewsJackFish

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:00 - Sep 18 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Exactly. You can hardly sack the whole squad of players.
GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:10 - Sep 18 with 838 viewsexiledclaseboy

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:05 - Sep 18 by Gowerjack

Thats a dull question.

I agree, because the answer is self evident. It's the manager's responsibility to get his players to perform. This stuff about "well there's nothing he can do once they're on the pitch" is a trite and glib platitude.

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:12 - Sep 18 with 826 viewsharryhpalmer

the players have got a bloody responsibility, and need to man up.

If they are unhappy about the tactics, which it seems they are, then the senior pros need to go to the manager - Leon, Cork, Siggy, and tell him the "team" are not comfortable playing this way.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:12 - Sep 18 with 826 views3swan

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:10 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

I agree, because the answer is self evident. It's the manager's responsibility to get his players to perform. This stuff about "well there's nothing he can do once they're on the pitch" is a trite and glib platitude.

Not quite. They are adults and not young kids.

Do you need your manager to instill your work ethic.
GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:15 - Sep 18 with 811 viewsexiledclaseboy

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:12 - Sep 18 by 3swan

Not quite. They are adults and not young kids.

Do you need your manager to instill your work ethic.

No, but she'll carry the can if I f*ck up just the same as I will if my team messes up.

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:17 - Sep 18 with 797 views3swan

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:15 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

No, but she'll carry the can if I f*ck up just the same as I will if my team messes up.

Are you saying it's as black and white as that?

Or would all other circumstances be taken into account.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024