Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GUIDO OUT!!!!! 16:22 - Sep 18 with 5510 viewsswannylad

Negative football. Defend defend defend. How can you expect our new strikers to make an impact with these tactics ? Useless and clueless get him out NOW!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 16:25]
GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:19 - Sep 18 with 1005 viewsexiledclaseboy

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:17 - Sep 18 by 3swan

Are you saying it's as black and white as that?

Or would all other circumstances be taken into account.

What I'm saying is as a manager my teams successes and failures are my responsibility. I'm not defending the players in any way here but we seem to be having a pointless debate. The manager is responsible for the performance of the team. It's that simple.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 21:21]

Poll: Tory leader

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:24 - Sep 18 with 982 views3swan

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:19 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

What I'm saying is as a manager my teams successes and failures are my responsibility. I'm not defending the players in any way here but we seem to be having a pointless debate. The manager is responsible for the performance of the team. It's that simple.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 21:21]

It's never a pointless debate with you.

I have agreed that the manager is responsible, but to lose his job should come down to more than just the performance of the team.

He is carrying the can for many decisions made before he came here
GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:28 - Sep 18 with 964 viewsItchySphincter

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:36 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

The manager is ultimately responsible. He's in charge, he carries the can.

Of course the manager should ultimately carry the can but the players were a disgrace today.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:30 - Sep 18 with 955 viewsGowerjack

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:10 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

I agree, because the answer is self evident. It's the manager's responsibility to get his players to perform. This stuff about "well there's nothing he can do once they're on the pitch" is a trite and glib platitude.

Yes but this is football not real life.

In so much as the staff are better paid and respected than their manager,or that the manager has no say in the selection of his staff so that it's the easiest thing in the world for them to get him sacked....

Other opinions are available.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:31 - Sep 18 with 940 viewsexiledclaseboy

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:28 - Sep 18 by ItchySphincter

Of course the manager should ultimately carry the can but the players were a disgrace today.

Ive no argument with that.

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:34 - Sep 18 with 921 viewsexiledclaseboy

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:30 - Sep 18 by Gowerjack

Yes but this is football not real life.

In so much as the staff are better paid and respected than their manager,or that the manager has no say in the selection of his staff so that it's the easiest thing in the world for them to get him sacked....

Other opinions are available.

So what do we do? Bin off all the players?

And let's not forget that the manager declared himself happy with the club's summer recruitment and his playing squad.

If the players f*ck up, and they clearly are, it's his responsibility.

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:46 - Sep 18 with 894 viewsGowerjack

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:34 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

And let's not forget that the manager declared himself happy with the club's summer recruitment and his playing squad.

Obviously we can't bin the players.

I can't imagine any football manager when asked in a press conference declaring he was unhappy with his clubs recruitment or squad.

It doesn't work like that.

The bottom line here is the clubs approach to recruitment over the last 3 windows not FG's management of the resources he's been given.

Whilst I am unsure about his suitability as a manager he has been dealt a very very poor hand here.

Plastic since 1974

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:49 - Sep 18 with 886 viewsexiledclaseboy

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:46 - Sep 18 by Gowerjack

I can't imagine any football manager when asked in a press conference declaring he was unhappy with his clubs recruitment or squad.

The bottom line here is the clubs approach to recruitment over the last 3 windows not FG's management of the resources he's been given.

Whilst I am unsure about his suitability as a manager he has been dealt a very very poor hand here.

I've no argument with any if they either, except the bit about FG managing his resources. That's his fecking job.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 21:50]

Login to get fewer ads

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:53 - Sep 18 with 864 viewsraynor94

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:46 - Sep 18 by Gowerjack

Pulis did the very thing and said he wasn't happy with the signings

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 22:00 - Sep 18 with 847 viewsGowerjack

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:49 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

I've no argument with any if they either, except the bit about FG managing his resources. That's his fecking job.

Yes but as my dear old granny used to say you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

So really the fault lies with our recritment stratergy more than our manager.

Working for the Yankee Dollar.

Plastic since 1974

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 22:08 - Sep 18 with 826 viewsRevJames

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:34 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

When he says he is "happy" with the squad; bearing in mind he doesn't have a say in who comes or goes, what else is he supposed to say?

Bonkers way to run a club but fair play to him for having the balls to give it a go.
GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 22:09 - Sep 18 with 825 viewsexiledclaseboy

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 22:00 - Sep 18 by Gowerjack

Yes but as my dear old granny used to say you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

So really the fault lies with our recritment stratergy more than our manager.

Working for the Yankee Dollar.

Still doesn't alter the fact that if the team keeps losing games, it's the manager's responsibility.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 22:11]

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 22:17 - Sep 18 with 796 viewsJack123

We are ferked!! Guido out..

libera nos a malo

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 23:20 - Sep 18 with 698 viewsElward

Guidolin out, Huw Jenkins out, and most of the team out. It isn't the first time we lost and it certainly won't be the last, but it's the manner we do it in. I remember losing matches before, gutted, but genuinally enjoyed the game. This Swansea team is not enjoyable to watch regardless of the score and most of them have far too big ego's. Siggurdson for one, who is normally a great player has been absolutely dreadfull this season. I lost count of the amount of stupid, pathetic flicks and passes to noone he did today for the opposition to just pick it up and go. Then had the cheek to do a stupid little jump like a fairy waving bis arms. Get on with it, you fcuked up, don't blame anyone else!!
GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 23:30 - Sep 18 with 681 viewsBrynmill_Jack

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 20:53 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

So his come it's always the manager who loses his job then?

Because it's easier to sack a manager than pay up 20 players contracts??? I'm no expert though

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 23:50 - Sep 18 with 652 viewsdobjack2

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:53 - Sep 18 by raynor94

Pulis did the very thing and said he wasn't happy with the signings

.....And his job is under threat according to the papers.
GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 23:53 - Sep 18 with 649 viewsshandyjack

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 23:50 - Sep 18 by dobjack2

.....And his job is under threat according to the papers.

because they've been taken over.
I think the americans know things are not all well and if we stay up this season will oversee a major overhall in all things club related from top to bottom and squad

Poll: Expectation for the season

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 23:54 - Sep 18 with 645 viewsDarran

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 23:53 - Sep 18 by shandyjack

I think the americans know things are not all well and if we stay up this season will oversee a major overhall in all things club related from top to bottom and squad

How'd you think that then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 23:55 - Sep 18 with 643 viewsshandyjack

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 23:54 - Sep 18 by Darran

How'd you think that then?

just a gut feeling tbh, i think theyt didn't want to rock the boat this summer as it was the euros and late take over.But they have already change things up in regards to recrutiment and i hope they have plans to move on once their feet are under the table

Poll: Expectation for the season

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 23:58 - Sep 18 with 636 viewsDarran

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 23:55 - Sep 18 by shandyjack

just a gut feeling tbh, i think theyt didn't want to rock the boat this summer as it was the euros and late take over.But they have already change things up in regards to recrutiment and i hope they have plans to move on once their feet are under the table

Okay.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 00:20 - Sep 19 with 611 viewsLoyal

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 21:49 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

I'm quite pleased he isn't in charge of anything like recruitment, he can't speak properly and if he did get on the phone to another manager we would probably end up with Juatin Fashanu.

Cheap manager, paid a pittance, lowest paid in the premixer league championship by all accounts.
Cheap shit smells, amd that's a fact.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 00:23 - Sep 19 with 609 viewsdobjack2

GUIDO OUT!!!!! on 23:53 - Sep 18 by shandyjack

Maybe but don't expect any money to come in from across the water. I can think of a different name for a film about the swans, think about the sex pistols, have you ever been had?

In my opinion pulis said what he said because he expects to go - not my fault what happened in the transfer window.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024