Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in 12:11 - Oct 3 with 47300 viewsjackjackjackjack

[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 12:12]

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 10:27 - Oct 4 with 1937 viewsKrisP

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 09:23 - Oct 4 by dameedna

Or mark Hughes oh hang on we cant afford him
There are a lot of British managers and Hughes is not one of them and Giggs will never be one
Sean dyche would have done
Why not bilic
Or even Chris Coleman
Bob a job Bradley
What an utter bellend

Sorry, are you saying that we could have tempted Bilic here?
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 10:29 - Oct 4 with 1931 viewsjack247

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 02:11 - Oct 4 by MrBoognish

This would hold true if half the posts on here weren't slating Americans, but sadly the are. Good for all of those other nationalities that you're accepting of, you are completely BIGOTED towards Americans and for you to try to defend that is even more disgusting. Say whatever you want to make yourself feel better but the fact is it's because he's American. Name one British manager that has accomplished more than Bob Bradley in the past twenty years internationally or domestically that deserves this job over him, I'll wait...

Mate, winning things for Chicago Fire doesn't count. Not because they are American, but because the competition is a much lower standard than he will face here.

If he was American and had been in charge of Real Madrdid and Juventus, nobody would have an issue with it. I can understand why the jibes about rosters, offensive plays and cheerleaders would come across as xenophobic, but the route cause of people's frustration is we have brought someone in who is essentially a proven failure.

No matter what he may say about not being given a chance because of his nationality, he hasn't been given a chance until now because he has a reputation for playing dour football and not being g particularly successful at it.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 11:30 - Oct 4 with 1873 viewsdameedna

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 10:27 - Oct 4 by KrisP

Sorry, are you saying that we could have tempted Bilic here?

Bilic I guess not.

If Bradley is comparing himself to Klopp I thought I might push the boat out myself.

Bradley is on a par with Giggs.

I used to find mirth in Tans choice of clothing now we are looking at a set up that is as equal a parody.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 11:39 - Oct 4 with 1842 viewsLord_Bony

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 11:30 - Oct 4 by dameedna

Bilic I guess not.

If Bradley is comparing himself to Klopp I thought I might push the boat out myself.

Bradley is on a par with Giggs.

I used to find mirth in Tans choice of clothing now we are looking at a set up that is as equal a parody.

Make no mistake there will be no more chances for us.

If Bradley fails then Swansea fails.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 11:41 - Oct 4 with 1833 viewsLustig23

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 21:32 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Celtic vs City was the equivalent of a championship side with nothing to lose having a go in the FA cup. You can't compre that with trying to get points in the PL.

If you are talking about our style of play - with the squad he was left with, are you really THAT surprised. Bang average is right, and that was in no way his fault.That is down to three years cr@p recruitment Tom,.

If you think Bob Bradley is going to get more out of these players I suspect you are going to be disappointed. If he does f*cking great and I'll be the first celebrating the masterstroke. That's in anwer to your points .

I think you have been in England's leagues that long that you have adopted their mentality. The arrogance is disgusting. Do you realise Ki was Celtic's 5the choice midfielder when you signed him? You are genuinely no better than Celtic. We certainly have better full backs. An equivalent goalkeeper as well.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 11:43]
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 11:49 - Oct 4 with 1806 viewsjack247

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 11:41 - Oct 4 by Lustig23

I think you have been in England's leagues that long that you have adopted their mentality. The arrogance is disgusting. Do you realise Ki was Celtic's 5the choice midfielder when you signed him? You are genuinely no better than Celtic. We certainly have better full backs. An equivalent goalkeeper as well.

We are better than Celtic. Even now. Celtics season is based around 3 home champions league games. Drawing with Man City was fantastic and I wanted you to win, but try playing Chelsea, Southampton, them, Liverpool and Arsenal in a row
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 12:11 - Oct 4 with 1755 viewsjasper_T

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 11:41 - Oct 4 by Lustig23

Your league is sht and so are you.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 12:15 - Oct 4 with 1745 viewsyescomeon

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 11:49 - Oct 4 by jack247

We are better than Celtic. Even now. Celtics season is based around 3 home champions league games. Drawing with Man City was fantastic and I wanted you to win, but try playing Chelsea, Southampton, them, Liverpool and Arsenal in a row

To be fair, I don't think there is much between us and Celtic. I'd fancy them in a game against us. So much of the game is confidence. They have it from beating teams week-in week-out, we look absolutely bereft of it. If we were to beat them in a competitive fixture it would have to go down as a good result.

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 12:20 - Oct 4 with 1724 viewsjack247

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 12:15 - Oct 4 by yescomeon

To be fair, I don't think there is much between us and Celtic. I'd fancy them in a game against us. So much of the game is confidence. They have it from beating teams week-in week-out, we look absolutely bereft of it. If we were to beat them in a competitive fixture it would have to go down as a good result.

I think our league cup team would walk the SPL.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 12:33 - Oct 4 with 1707 viewsyescomeon

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 12:20 - Oct 4 by jack247

That's a different matter to comparing ourselves to Celtic though, and I don't think they would. We may have a few better players than Celtic but we can barely put a cohesive 11 out and can't put together a consistent 90 minutes.

My view is that footballs is 50% ability and the rest is psychological (perhaps even more in the mind than that). In the latter case Celtic have the advantage. They have the confidence boost of winning most weeks.

Put that Celtic team in the prem and they would be clogging around the bottom with us. But with things as they are, if we played them on Saturday, I wouldn't expect us to beat them.

Upthecity!

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 12:53 - Oct 4 with 1674 viewsLustig23

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 12:20 - Oct 4 by jack247

I can't believe how English you lot are.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 13:00 - Oct 4 with 1659 viewsshandyjack

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 12:53 - Oct 4 by Lustig23

i can't believe you think you have a better team than us man to man I-XI. Your captain is one of the worst players i've ever seen captain a supposedly big team, he's so limited as a player it's unreal.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 13:19 - Oct 4 with 1630 viewsLustig23

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 13:00 - Oct 4 by shandyjack

i can't believe you think you have a better team than us man to man I-XI. Your captain is one of the worst players i've ever seen captain a supposedly big team, he's so limited as a player it's unreal.

When did I say that? Once again the English mentality, making things up to suit your argument. Brown showed up better against Man City than your players did. He had the best passing accuracy on the park and the best interception rate as well. Tierney is better than Kingsley/Taylor. Lustig is better than Naughton. I could go on but to be honest it's not about the individual talent anyway. Your players are there for the money.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 13:34 - Oct 4 with 1582 viewsGlyn1

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 09:23 - Oct 4 by dameedna

Or mark Hughes oh hang on we cant afford him
There are a lot of British managers and Hughes is not one of them and Giggs will never be one
Sean dyche would have done
Why not bilic
Or even Chris Coleman
Bob a job Bradley
What an utter bellend

If we are going for a manager with no Premier League experience there are some good ones in the lower divisions that we could also have considered whose teams play decent football. Gary Rowett (Birmingham, Championship, age 42) and Phil Parkinson (Bolton, League 1, age 49) are two who would have been worth interviewing.

As Lisa and others have said earlier, the only point of this choice is to make us better known in the United States.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:32 - Oct 4 with 1525 viewsjack247

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 12:53 - Oct 4 by Lustig23

It's not an English thing, it's because we play at a higher level. I wouldn't have said it when we were in the Championship
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:35 - Oct 4 with 1508 viewsDarran

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 13:34 - Oct 4 by Glyn1

If we are going for a manager with no Premier League experience there are some good ones in the lower divisions that we could also have considered whose teams play decent football. Gary Rowett (Birmingham, Championship, age 42) and Phil Parkinson (Bolton, League 1, age 49) are two who would have been worth interviewing.

As Lisa and others have said earlier, the only point of this choice is to make us better known in the United States.

Glyn I'm not disagreeing with but being better known in the States and being regulated to the Championship doesn't equate.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:37 - Oct 4 with 1500 viewsshandyjack

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 13:19 - Oct 4 by Lustig23

When did I say that? Once again the English mentality, making things up to suit your argument. Brown showed up better against Man City than your players did. He had the best passing accuracy on the park and the best interception rate as well. Tierney is better than Kingsley/Taylor. Lustig is better than Naughton. I could go on but to be honest it's not about the individual talent anyway. Your players are there for the money.

But i'm not english i'm Welsh mate. I haven't made anything up, if Brown was any good he'd be playing in the PL now, not coasting along in a league where he's up against conference standard players week in week out

Poll: Expectation for the season

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 00:22 - Oct 5 with 1334 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 14:55 - Oct 3 by swanjackal

So Howard was an outfield sub/player before hand? I'm confused here. So they had no GK for the rest of game? Or Howard reverted back to his original position?

Or did Howard sneak back on the field of play,.......the rotter?!
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 14:58]

apologies, I didn't explain it well and I was trying to type it while listening into a conference call.

Howard was the GK (started and played every minute). Gaven came on in OT for Lisi. But he came on as the 4th sub (as a GK), so he came on wearing the GK shirt while Howard put on a field jersey. So, at the start of OT, Gaven in goal, Howard at center half. As soon as the ball went out of bounds, Gaven and Howard switched positions and shirts.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 4:54]
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 06:30 - Oct 5 with 1263 viewsjack247

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 00:22 - Oct 5 by JoeSoccerFan

apologies, I didn't explain it well and I was trying to type it while listening into a conference call.

Howard was the GK (started and played every minute). Gaven came on in OT for Lisi. But he came on as the 4th sub (as a GK), so he came on wearing the GK shirt while Howard put on a field jersey. So, at the start of OT, Gaven in goal, Howard at center half. As soon as the ball went out of bounds, Gaven and Howard switched positions and shirts.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 4:54]

I see. I'm revising my view then. That's cheating. Extreme gamesmanship at best.
Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 08:07 - Oct 5 with 1233 viewsWatchman

Guidloin Sacked. Bradley in on 17:12 - Oct 3 by Lord_Bony

Ah so we re a guinea pig test case now are we for the Yanks....are the owners that stupid really?

Would they want to pump all that money in just to arrive at this situation where our future looks rather uncertain within a short space of time.

If this plan fails then they're in trouble...unless of course you take into account a couple of years parachute payments in the championship it's a no lose situation for them.

They have not pumped any money into the football club and in fact due to player sales and new Sky deal have already regained the pittance they paid to control the club. Even if we were to get relegated over the next 2 seasons parachute payments would mean that they add further dividend/profits to their buy out pot

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024