Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Levien's ' It's the Supporters at Fault ' 11:07 - Oct 5 with 7332 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I made an appointment, the fans aren't happy, its their fault.

You could not make this PR disaster up.

Help!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 11:56]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Levien's ' It's the Supporters at Fault ' on 17:00 - Oct 5 with 1062 viewsmonmouth

Levien's ' It's the Supporters at Fault ' on 15:44 - Oct 5 by londonlisa2001

In fairness, we'd also take the p*ss if Cardiff had appointed a manager from the French Second Division who happened to be Malaysian.

This should be put on a banner and rammed up Levien's arse. maybe he'd get the point then. That is a perfect analogy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Levien's ' It's the Supporters at Fault ' on 17:09 - Oct 5 with 1042 viewsphact0rri

This 'dude' seems more like more of a tosser everytime he speaks. Goodness. Pretty sure most people are dumb founded that a coach who isn't known to play to what we think of as the clubs identity comes in, with lower division experience and we should line up to shine his shoes.

Honestly if it was someone who played a more interesting style of football I'd be all in. I'd be more interested in Bruce Arena, at least he takes the LA Galaxy into an attacking formation, even if it is a bit to 'fergie' for me.

I was starting to come around to forcing my head around trying to get back in and support when I got up this morning. now this... uggh can't make this up.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:13 - Oct 5 with 1025 viewsJango

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 16:58 - Oct 5 by exiledclaseboy

Absolutely nothing like it. This thread is just a ridiculous continuation of the mass hysteria that's gripped this forum since the greatest manager in football history was sacked and replaced with the anti football demon who just happens to be American but this is absolutely not the reason why everyone hates him. No siree bob.

Spot on!
Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:17 - Oct 5 with 1010 viewslondonlisa2001

Absolutely nothing like it. This thread is just a ridiculous continuation of the mass hysteria that's gripped this forum since the greatest manager in football history was sacked and replaced with the anti football demon who just happens to be American but this is absolutely not the reason why everyone hates him. No siree bob.

I'm surprised at your position clasie.

I would have thought you'd realise that the objections of most have nothing to do with his nationality (other than his nationality being the only reason he would have made the shortlist for a premier league job).

I haven't seen anyone showing signs of 'hating him'. I have seen lots of signs of people hating the appointment and the reasons behind it. Two very, very different things.
Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:33 - Oct 5 with 979 viewsexiledclaseboy

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:17 - Oct 5 by londonlisa2001

I'm surprised at your position clasie.

I would have thought you'd realise that the objections of most have nothing to do with his nationality (other than his nationality being the only reason he would have made the shortlist for a premier league job).

I haven't seen anyone showing signs of 'hating him'. I have seen lots of signs of people hating the appointment and the reasons behind it. Two very, very different things.

I've been quite surprised at yours too. My use of the word hate was, as I'm sure you knew really, exaggeration for effect. I've no doubt that some object for the reasons you've said. I'm not over-enamoured with the appointment myself. But anyone reading this forum this week can't fail to have noticed some of the nonsense based purely around Bradley's nationality. If similar things had been posted about many other nationalities they'd have been removed immediately.

As for Bradley himself, he's Swansea manager now so I can only hope he succeeds. As I know you will too. I can't speak for everyone though. I've seen how it goes before when people set themselves in favour of or against a manager right at the start and then won't lose face no matter how well or badly he does.

We are where we are,to coin one of the civil service's most favourite trite sayings.

Poll: Tory leader

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:37 - Oct 5 with 967 viewsDarran

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:33 - Oct 5 by exiledclaseboy

I've been quite surprised at yours too. My use of the word hate was, as I'm sure you knew really, exaggeration for effect. I've no doubt that some object for the reasons you've said. I'm not over-enamoured with the appointment myself. But anyone reading this forum this week can't fail to have noticed some of the nonsense based purely around Bradley's nationality. If similar things had been posted about many other nationalities they'd have been removed immediately.

As for Bradley himself, he's Swansea manager now so I can only hope he succeeds. As I know you will too. I can't speak for everyone though. I've seen how it goes before when people set themselves in favour of or against a manager right at the start and then won't lose face no matter how well or badly he does.

We are where we are,to coin one of the civil service's most favourite trite sayings.

Well said Andrew and I wholeheartedly agree with you that Brynmill and Warwick will be wanting him to fail like they've done in the past.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:43 - Oct 5 with 941 viewssnork44

This all about timing or lack of timing, if Guidolin had lost the next three games then fair enough then the clamour for his replacement would have been hard to resist, but the two games against Man City and Liverpool showed we were turning a corner and finding some form. As for Bradley, I feel sorry for him in a way as he has accepted a job that is irresistible to him, to be a manager in a Major League in Europe was too much of an opportunity to pass up. The new owners have acted shabbily in regards to Guidolin's sacking, but it has also exposed their naivety at this level of football ownership. But the blame must lie at Jenkins door, as I said before he deserves a 100% of our contempt.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 17:53]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:45 - Oct 5 with 935 viewsmonmouth

You mean Garry Monk was American?

Login to get fewer ads

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:47 - Oct 5 with 929 viewsjohnlangy

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 12:08 - Oct 5 by Private_Partz

Don't agree. The past does not justify the future and you have already said 'we ain't seen nothing yet". Unfortunately you could be right. We are grateful for the past but you are 'only as good as your last game' etc.
Boo will get a fairish crack of the whip. Not so Huw and the Yanks. They have a big PR job to do to recover reputatons.

As always it will depend on results on the pitch. If BB does a good job and the team starts winning then we'll all be happy. And eventually accept they've made the right decision even allowing for the way it was done.

If he doesn't do a good job they'll look like complete knobs.
Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:49 - Oct 5 with 920 viewsWarwickHunt

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:37 - Oct 5 by Darran

Well said Andrew and I wholeheartedly agree with you that Brynmill and Warwick will be wanting him to fail like they've done in the past.

It's not about Bradley, it's about Jenkins and the Yanks. Thick tw@t.

For the record I hope he does well but it's a risk we didn't need to take.
Also for the record, I doubt if he will.

Monk was a car crash waiting to happen. Nice to see even the thickest tw@ts on here realise that now.
Well, most of them anyway...
Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:50 - Oct 5 with 916 viewslondonlisa2001

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:33 - Oct 5 by exiledclaseboy

Not sure what part of my position could possibly be a surprise to be honest.

I never pretended that I supported the sale (not any sale, but THIS sale).

I have always felt more strongly that the ethos of the club was more important than 'premier league at all costs' (albeit, I would prefer staying in the premier league if at all possible).

I have never been impatient to 'achieve the next level' and have always been content to progress slowly but surely.

I made no secret that I preferred Guidolin to be given time, although I also said that if they wanted him out, then so be it, not my preferred choice but I'd live with it as long as we behaved with integrity (which I don't believe we have).

And my objection to Bradley has nothing to do with his nationality but is entirely to do with his lack of relevant experience. I have also said its nothing to do with him personally - it's not his fault', but everything to do with my belief that we should appoint on football grounds not commercial grounds, and I don't believe we have done that.

Which part of that is a surprise? Genuinely interested.
Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:54 - Oct 5 with 904 viewsDarran

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:49 - Oct 5 by WarwickHunt

It's not about Bradley, it's about Jenkins and the Yanks. Thick tw@t.

For the record I hope he does well but it's a risk we didn't need to take.
Also for the record, I doubt if he will.

Monk was a car crash waiting to happen. Nice to see even the thickest tw@ts on here realise that now.
Well, most of them anyway...

So you hoped Monk did well and this isn't a car crash waiting to happen?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 18:01 - Oct 5 with 886 viewsWarwickHunt

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 17:54 - Oct 5 by Darran

So you hoped Monk did well and this isn't a car crash waiting to happen?

I hoped Monk was found out and fûcked off as soon as possible.

At least this bloke has actually managed a club before. I think he'll be a disaster but I hope I'm proved wrong and we stay up.
Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 18:06 - Oct 5 with 871 viewswaynekerr55

Aren't you a tad concerned though Clasey?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Levien's ' It's the Supporters at Fault ' on 18:08 - Oct 5 with 864 viewsswan65split

Let it be known "Money cant buy you brains"

Except down the road
Levein's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 18:14 - Oct 5 with 845 viewsCockneyswanthe2nd

Levein's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 11:18 - Oct 5 by JACKMANANDBOY

There are many thousands of people who support the Swans, some are unhappy with the appointment, some are happy, some are waiting to see.

If you are running a large institution you DON'T have a go at your customer base, you shut up and make things as good as you can accepting that you can't please everyone all the time.

There is a legacy here of American owners making a mess of football clubs that Levien has to understand.

I have to agree with you
how I translated if from yank to good old English was
we are the new owners of this football club and we do not like all this flack flying our way. It is our decision to appoint BB you the fans do not have a say in this. So trust in us because we are business men who know more than you guys in many aspects including what you guys call soccer. So stand by us and Bob.

A nice big FFS is needed here i'm getting propper worried where we are heading.
Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 19:10 - Oct 5 with 753 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 18:06 - Oct 5 by waynekerr55

Aren't you a tad concerned though Clasey?

He'll just go back to supporting Liverpool if we're relegated.
Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 19:28 - Oct 5 with 725 viewswaynekerr55

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 19:10 - Oct 5 by Return_of_the_Jack

Holy.
Sh*t.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 19:31 - Oct 5 with 716 viewsmonmouth

Levien's ' It's the Supporters Fault ' on 19:10 - Oct 5 by Return_of_the_Jack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024