Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust selling up 14:31 - Oct 23 with 25272 viewsDarran

Why are people saying the Trust won't sell up then?

Perhaps they will who knows?

Philip?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 14:32]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust selling up on 05:36 - Oct 24 with 1883 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Trust selling up on 05:24 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

He seems to put himself in them more often than not.

Continuing to frequent a place owned by one of the people that only last week the Trust issued a statement lambasting is catastrophic stupidity.

That along with the revelation that he's being paid by the CLUB for being the TRUST'S (I.e. Fans) representative on the board has revealed a massive potential conflict of interest and makes his continued position in the role of supporter director untenable in my opinion. To be clear, I'm not implying any wrongdoing but perception is everything, especially now.

Poll: Tory leader

The Trust selling up on 05:57 - Oct 24 with 1863 viewsDr_Winston

The Trust selling up on 05:36 - Oct 24 by exiledclaseboy

That along with the revelation that he's being paid by the CLUB for being the TRUST'S (I.e. Fans) representative on the board has revealed a massive potential conflict of interest and makes his continued position in the role of supporter director untenable in my opinion. To be clear, I'm not implying any wrongdoing but perception is everything, especially now.

It is fair that he be compensated for time spent working on club business as opposed to his own (although the programme contract probably helps to sweeten the blow) but you're right.

It's not helping the Trust look like effective alternatives/opposition to these people when its own representative on the board is clearly unconcerned about being seen palling around with them, especially when his own previous statements about betrayal appear to have been swiftly and conveniently forgotten.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Trust selling up on 06:16 - Oct 24 with 1848 viewsbarry_island

Presumably this is a recent arrangement?

Just another club, in a blurry, dotted line kind of way.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 6:22]

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The Trust selling up on 07:35 - Oct 24 with 1775 viewsdobjack2

I'm sure Lisa's question is not a dig at HC but relates to the shareholders agreement issue.

Whilst you are jumping on the conflict of interest bandwagon would you really expect someone to lose money representing the trust on the board and at events? Untenable!? Take a step back and think a bit. There are few, if any, people that would be in a position to do the job otherwise.

Hardly a revelation, I would not have expected any different, but the trust board should have been more transparent that this is the position and not have presented an open goal for people with a trust knocking agenda and knee jerk reactions as there will be some that will believe that this was deliberately hidden.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 7:38]
The Trust selling up on 07:56 - Oct 24 with 1753 viewsbarry_island

As I understood it all of the Trust Board represent us without any reward / expectation of return for loss of earnings or otherwise.

Perhaps I'm being naive, but the Trust Director's position sounds pretty untenable to me as well.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 8:08]

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The Trust selling up on 08:53 - Oct 24 with 1676 viewsmonmouth

Sadly, I agree with this 100%. I think the fact that he is paid by the club and has a contract for his business means that he can never be seen to be independent and could easily be accused of being pressured. I do agree that the SD should be recompensed but the club should allocate a standard fee automatically to the Trust, and the Trust Board should decide the fair amount to recompense the SD.

And if he's going to continue (actually I think we have to be looking for someone else now - shame Lisa doesn't live in Swansea), any business contracts should be given up TODAY. This is no reflection on HC. This is just what is needed. To carry on like in the past is not acceptable, and surely he can see that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Trust selling up on 09:13 - Oct 24 with 1650 viewsQJumpingJack

Huw Cooze and the Trust do a fantastic job for the club and the fans.
For example, last week the Trust were involved in an event for disabled supporters at The Liberty.

If anything, Huw does more work than most of the other directors combined!

As for drinking in Morgans. There is no official boycott of the hotel.
Many Swans fans drink there before or after the game.
And when he is at the hotel - he may well be discussing Trust issues with Trust members/board directors?
The Trust selling up on 09:42 - Oct 24 with 1607 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 08:53 - Oct 24 by monmouth

Sadly, I agree with this 100%. I think the fact that he is paid by the club and has a contract for his business means that he can never be seen to be independent and could easily be accused of being pressured. I do agree that the SD should be recompensed but the club should allocate a standard fee automatically to the Trust, and the Trust Board should decide the fair amount to recompense the SD.

And if he's going to continue (actually I think we have to be looking for someone else now - shame Lisa doesn't live in Swansea), any business contracts should be given up TODAY. This is no reflection on HC. This is just what is needed. To carry on like in the past is not acceptable, and surely he can see that.

On the first paragraph, you're correct of course, this is how it should work. This was a key conclusion of the recent governance sub group and the documents for that were approved in the October board meeting (not yet online ... should be done so by the end of the day). Going forward any monies should be going through the Trust and given that the accounts are published there would inevitably be complete transparancy in that regard.

In terms of the second part, I don't know. I get the point regarding complete separation however for me that transparancy is the most important thing. Agree it's been a weakness on the part of the Trust in the past (tells you something when I found out things during the whole review).

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

The Trust selling up on 09:57 - Oct 24 with 1576 viewsDarran

The only bit I've never got since the sellout was announced is why HC needs to be seen with the other directors.

If you remember when the sellout was announced he was at the next away game with the other directors and a few people kicked off about it,the response from Trust people was that he should be with them.

I don't understand why,he should be as far away from them as possible in my opinion.

The Trust selling up on 10:50 - Oct 24 with 1514 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Trust selling up on 09:57 - Oct 24 by Darran

The only bit I've never got since the sellout was announced is why HC needs to be seen with the other directors.

If you remember when the sellout was announced he was at the next away game with the other directors and a few people kicked off about it,the response from Trust people was that he should be with them.

I don't understand why,he should be as far away from them as possible in my opinion.

I agree Darran. They are not even inviting him to meetings about the new manager or next season's season ticket prices. Board meetings which he is entitled to attend and he's not even being told about them!

Why would he want to be seen anywhere with them beats me. Saturday would have been a good day for HC to pointedly sit away from them and find a seat among the supporters that he represents.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Trust selling up on 11:17 - Oct 24 with 1495 viewsNookiejack

The Trust selling up on 10:50 - Oct 24 by Joe_bradshaw

I agree Darran. They are not even inviting him to meetings about the new manager or next season's season ticket prices. Board meetings which he is entitled to attend and he's not even being told about them!

Why would he want to be seen anywhere with them beats me. Saturday would have been a good day for HC to pointedly sit away from them and find a seat among the supporters that he represents.

The Trust Supporter Director role should have been rotated at end of first takeover bid - with say a maximum 2 year period of office for incomer.

Difficult now In this period.

If he was drinking there shows lack of judgement and really hope he didn't show a similar lack of judgement in the pre takeover period - as this could really come back again to bite the Trust.

Maybe Londonlisa is trying to undertand - if as a paid

Didn't Steven or Jason say in the press they had met representatives of the Trust on a number of occasions pre the takeover?
The Trust selling up on 11:29 - Oct 24 with 1470 viewsNookiejack

The Trust selling up on 09:57 - Oct 24 by Darran

People get to like the status and the glamour. Why in the Roman Republic which lasted for 500 years were the 2 first Consuls (highest elected office) rotated every year?
The Trust selling up on 12:11 - Oct 24 with 1415 viewsNOTRAC

If he was paid by the club then he should have had a contract of employment. If he was recompensed by the club for time spent as a trust member, then surely this should have been paid by the Trust and possibly reclaimed by them from the club.
Either way seems wrong.Very wrong.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

The Trust selling up on 12:26 - Oct 24 with 1392 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 12:11 - Oct 24 by NOTRAC

If he was paid by the club then he should have had a contract of employment. If he was recompensed by the club for time spent as a trust member, then surely this should have been paid by the Trust and possibly reclaimed by them from the club.
Either way seems wrong.Very wrong.

Now that is incorrect. Huw hasn't received any recompense from the Trust for his duties for the Trust. Nor, for example, have the Trust officers claimed for loss of earnings during the last few months due to the ridiculous amount of time trying to piece together the disgraceful actions of the selling shareholders for example. Legal costs aside of course.

This relates to his duties at the club.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 12:29]

The Trust selling up on 12:35 - Oct 24 with 1363 viewsNOTRAC

Uxbridge please Could you tell me what SD duties mean.

The Trust selling up on 12:58 - Oct 24 with 1318 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 12:35 - Oct 24 by NOTRAC

HC's role encompasses the supporters director activities and also the SLO role. When combined, these are close to a full time role. His position in that regard is slightly different to a standard director.

When you compare that to certain other directors who were recompensed even when their involvement related to the odd board meeting or junket, then that is far less justifiable.

I think the criticisms of the Trust in terms of how this has been handled previously are valid. Any payments should a) go through the Trust and b) should cover loss of earnings. I've made the same comments myself, which is why the governance documents regarding roles, responsibility, processes etc are absolutely key. These were approved a couple of weeks ago and should be published imminently.

However, I have no issue with compensation for loss of earnings - you can't expect people to do close to a full-time job without that being compensated. The issue, as ever, is transparency.

The Trust selling up on 13:02 - Oct 24 with 1310 viewsNookiejack

As an aside how does the Trust stop a Stan Kroenke, Arsenal scenario occurring where he has historically been paying himself £3m a year management fee!!!

Apparently he has waived it this year due to pressure from Arsenal Supporters Group.

Has the Trust been informed of any Stan Kroenke type arrangements?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-news-stan-kro
The Trust selling up on 13:09 - Oct 24 with 1295 viewsE20Jack

This has shocked me reading this. It shouldn't matter that being Trust director affects personal business interests. The people running for Trust directorship should do so knowing this is the case or indeed be in a position where time spent with the trust does not negatively impact on day job, if it does then being a Trust director isn't for you. I don't think people should be recompensed other than immediate expenses incurred. Certainly should not be drawing a directors wage and certainly should not have any personal business contracts with the club. These conflicts of interest were brought up on the forum a few months back if memory serves, but for some reason were quickly shouted down. The money of the PL is a poisoned challice and we need to keep everyone in check and make sure there are no potential cross overs in interests.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

The Trust selling up on 13:09 - Oct 24 with 1295 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 13:02 - Oct 24 by Nookiejack

As an aside how does the Trust stop a Stan Kroenke, Arsenal scenario occurring where he has historically been paying himself £3m a year management fee!!!

Apparently he has waived it this year due to pressure from Arsenal Supporters Group.

Has the Trust been informed of any Stan Kroenke type arrangements?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-news-stan-kro

You're right, remuneration could be a significant area of concern for the future.

However, to date, the answer is No. Not aware of plans to, not aware of arrangements in place to.

The Trust selling up on 13:17 - Oct 24 with 1265 viewsCopaMundial

I'm starting to feel really uncomfortable about all this.
The Trust selling up on 13:20 - Oct 24 with 1256 viewsNOTRAC

We've had a lot of sad days lately, and with these revelations this is one of the saddest so far.

The Trust selling up on 13:20 - Oct 24 with 1254 viewsHighjack

The Trust selling up on 21:34 - Oct 23 by Nookiejack

If he was there last night - does come across as poor judgement.

Is is conspiracy or cock up?

If Huw Cooze himself likes a drink and gets pissed a lot and can't resist an offer for an after match drink at Morgan's - it probably falls into the cock-up camp - but these do seem to be adding up (Newcastle away when seen smiling with ex shareholders after saying wouldn't be speaking to Huw Jenkins for a while etc.).

He really shouldn't have been there at this time - if he was.

I just hope he's paying for his own drinks and it's not being paid for on some club (or worse, trust) expenses account.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Trust selling up on 13:22 - Oct 24 with 1247 viewsDarran

The Trust selling up on 12:35 - Oct 24 by NOTRAC

Why don't you ask the expert Shaky?

The Trust selling up on 13:24 - Oct 24 with 1241 viewsHighjack

The Trust selling up on 13:20 - Oct 24 by NOTRAC

We've had a lot of sad days lately, and with these revelations this is one of the saddest so far.

Yeah that animal farm quote (the book, not the naughty film) is popping into my head on a near daily basis.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Trust selling up on 13:26 - Oct 24 with 1223 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Trust selling up on 13:09 - Oct 24 by Uxbridge

You're right, remuneration could be a significant area of concern for the future.

However, to date, the answer is No. Not aware of plans to, not aware of arrangements in place to.

Under this regime we're (the Trust) not likely to be made aware of plans to or arrangements in place to. We're largely being ignored apart from a few platitudes in the programme.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024