Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread 14:53 - Oct 27 with 75021 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 31 Oct 2016 19:08]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:05 - Oct 31 with 2626 viewsRevJames

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:55 - Oct 31 by Fireboy

After watching us be a distant 2nd best to an average stoke I really really can't see any light at the end of the tunnel and especially with the squad we have

I'm usually a positive person but after tonights performance I'm really down and I really can't see a way forward as the tightwad yank's will not spend in january

A key part of the club's forward planning in January will be how it prepares for life in the Championship.

The worrying thing is that right now, you wouldn't give us much hope against any Championship side.

No soul. No style. No hope
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:05 - Oct 31 with 2625 viewsShonky

Well we Middlesboro twice, and Sunderland twice, so we may make 10 points by the end of the season.

Its just a ride...

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:07 - Oct 31 with 2613 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:00 - Oct 31 by perchrockjack

Think Mawson is a good prospect but what we needed was an immediate replacement of quality ,proven quality,

That we didn't is screwing us

Enough of us said that at the time and couldn't see that we had built a winning team by the end of the window. Others said that we had a great price for Williams and would be 'fine'. It doesn't look that way at this moment..
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:08 - Oct 31 with 2567 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:03 - Oct 31 by Shonky

Danny Bartley x 11

Could still do a job

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:08 - Oct 31 with 2564 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:57 - Oct 31 by Johnw102

Short version we want our club back!

It's gone mate it will never be ours again unless you've got a hundred mill.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:10 - Oct 31 with 2455 viewsHeadmaster

Someone needs to give this guy a good f ucking slap.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:11 - Oct 31 with 2449 viewsjasper_T

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:05 - Oct 31 by RevJames

A key part of the club's forward planning in January will be how it prepares for life in the Championship.

The worrying thing is that right now, you wouldn't give us much hope against any Championship side.

No soul. No style. No hope

I'd fancy the u23s with 2 or 3 senior additions to do alright in the Championship.

No more than 2 or 3, though. Don't want to disrupt the winning mentality.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:11 - Oct 31 with 2410 viewsShonky

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:08 - Oct 31 by Smellyplumz

It's gone mate it will never be ours again unless you've got a hundred mill.

That works both ways though. If we have lost the club then we have nothing to lose by getting relegated( and posssibly everything to gain, after all the Yanks may not want a Championship club)

Its just a ride...

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:12 - Oct 31 with 2403 viewsjacabertawe

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:05 - Oct 31 by Shonky

Well we Middlesboro twice, and Sunderland twice, so we may make 10 points by the end of the season.

So. we won't beat Derby's record tally of PL points?!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:12 - Oct 31 with 2390 viewsRevJames

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:10 - Oct 31 by Headmaster

Just sums up everything that is wrong with this Club.

Worrying.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:13 - Oct 31 with 2359 viewsnierika

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:02 - Oct 31 by Shonky

Guidolins probably having a good chuckle.

Why? We'd be just as bad with him.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:13 - Oct 31 with 2339 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:10 - Oct 31 by Headmaster

First hubris then the fall.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:14 - Oct 31 with 2288 viewsowainglyndwr

To be honest I dont think it the managers at tge moment we do not have the players
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:15 - Oct 31 with 2286 viewsjasper_T

Nordfeldt
Roberts Bartley Mawson Kingsley
Britton Fulton Byers
Barrow McBurnie James

Subs: Tremble, Shephard, Davies, Sheehan, Jones, Hedges, Gomis

Would survive the champo imho
[Post edited 31 Oct 2016 22:15]
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:15 - Oct 31 with 2262 viewssquarebear

I'm sure there's much insightful stuff to read on this thread but I am cold, miserable and can't be arsed. Stoke could've got six in the first half alone.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:16 - Oct 31 with 2254 viewsMatlock_Jack

Just listening to Bradley's interview now.....dear oh dear.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:16 - Oct 31 with 2247 viewsdameedna

We did enough and bad luck with the injury to Naughton and the replacement for Shaqiri.

Need a result at home.

We are where we set out to be by not making another 3 quality signings pre season.

I can only guess we had reached our financial limit partly due to the Gomis situation.

Time to get behind the team I thought our misfield played well tonight.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:18 - Oct 31 with 2207 viewsjacabertawe

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:16 - Oct 31 by dameedna

We did enough and bad luck with the injury to Naughton and the replacement for Shaqiri.

Need a result at home.

We are where we set out to be by not making another 3 quality signings pre season.

I can only guess we had reached our financial limit partly due to the Gomis situation.

Eh???

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:18 - Oct 31 with 2193 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:16 - Oct 31 by Matlock_Jack

Just listening to Bradley's interview now.....dear oh dear.

What did he say?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:19 - Oct 31 with 2167 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:16 - Oct 31 by dameedna

Need a result at home.

Hahaha

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:20 - Oct 31 with 2152 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:18 - Oct 31 by waynekerr55

What did he say?

No idea, but hope it was that the selection was wrong from the start.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:21 - Oct 31 with 2109 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:13 - Oct 31 by nierika

Why? We'd be just as bad with him.

The second time this evening I have used the words absolute, complete and utter crap.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:21 - Oct 31 with 2103 viewsJackFish

I don't see any way this team gets enough points to stay up this season. Complete lack of quality all over the pitch.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:22 - Oct 31 with 2085 viewsBytholWyn

After Bradley's first two games in charge I felt cautiously optimistic about Swansea's chances of avoiding the drop. Tonight I feel very gloomy. Yes, it's far too early to judge - but there were so many bad signs in tonight's performance, especially in the second half.

The biggest mistake by far was the decision to drop Britton. This speaks volumes. It basically shows that Bradley doesn't get what he brings to the table - his composure and link-up play for starters. Playing Ki and Fer together was always a big risk - but more than that dropping Britton shows that Bradley had no intention to play the short passing game. Lo and behold we lump the ball from Van de Hoorn up to Llorente time and time again. If we're going to play hoofball we should at least try and do it properly and get players in and around the target man. Utterly clueless stuff.

It was as if we've completely switched identity with Pulis' Stoke. This is what incenses me more than anything - we had a style of play that was a joy to watch - and more importantly allowed us to compete when we wouldn't otherwise have been able to. But all the signs are that we've just made the third successive managerial appointment that doesn't get the Swansea Way. You can understand why HJ messed up with Monk - given he should have known better - but there's no excuse with Guidolin or Bradley.

Since Bradley's been appointed has anyone heard him refernce the "Swansea Way", or the short passing game, or building from the back? I see no sign that he intends to play in this way - and if that's how it pans out I can't see us surviving.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:25 - Oct 31 with 1957 viewsKennedy

Said the main issue was CONFIDENCE

And blamed Mawson for going for the same ball Fer was going to win.

Just seen the analysis by Henry and WTF was Rangel doing!!!!

Just call me JFK

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024