Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What have the Romans ever done for us? 21:26 - Nov 6 with 16011 viewsxmastree

Remember the 'life of Brian' some of you ungratefull arseholes sound like that group.

1. The directors/shareholders saved the club from Bankruptcy and from oblivion from the football league (i.e Newport)!

2. During those struggles not only did they give of their time freely they also invested a significant sum of money to ensure it's continued survival!

3. HJ and the board then guided us through the divisions and up to the Premier league.

4. The board not only did that but also through wise investments on the field they were able to not only keep us in the Premier League but also to win a major Cup,the 1st in the clubs history!

5. As if that wasn't enough we were also able to sample the delights of a European campaign!

And before anyone asks I am not a shareholder/son/ or relative of any of the board but an appreciative supporter of our football club and conversely to the board for the journey they took us on.

Cheers guys and good luck for the future!

This post has been edited by an administrator
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 16:02 - Nov 7 with 2264 viewsDafyddHuw

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 09:23 - Nov 7 by Pegojack

Everything the OP says is true.

What he fails to say is that the legacy of all those achievements was wiped out, TOTALLY wiped out, by one act of low, calculated greed.

Spot on Shadwell.

OP - say "hi" to Millie.
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 19:10 - Nov 8 with 2159 viewsCatullus

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 16:02 - Nov 7 by DafyddHuw

Spot on Shadwell.

OP - say "hi" to Millie.

Yes he//he is spot on. And after making millions Jenkins kept shares and a very well paid position (over £500, 000 a year) at the club. A position he has royally f@cked up.

I'm not blaming the Americans for everything, their big mistake was leaving Jenkins in charge of transfers as he has systematically downgraded the squad and this season selling a real goal threat and not replaced him, also selling our captain, leader and best defender and not not adequately replacing him either.
Without the first mistake the rest of it may not have happened.

What have the Romans done for us, they gave us many great things but while they were doing that there was carnage and mass slaughter.

What have the board done for us, they gave us Premier league football and then, through ego, stupidity or negligence they took it away again. I say that in the expectation that we are going down.

If we should stay up it'll be miraculous.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 22:00 - Nov 8 with 2091 viewsBrynmill_Jack

And, after all that you just threw the club's survival to chance with new owners with no connections with the area, f*cked the trust over and these past few transfer windows have ruined the playing staff, possibly enough to send us on our way back down the leagues. All to make yourselves millionaires.

You could have made yourselves slightly less wealthy and looked after the club's future but chose not to.

I have nothing but the deepest contempt for all of you. Just vanish, you're not welcome around here anymore. Just like Petty.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 01:11 - Nov 9 with 2060 viewsStarsky

You were the supporter director for the Trust. Then you put money into the club AFTER it was needed.
You've treated the Trust with contempt ever since you fackin beaut.

This self denial you're suffering from... it won't last. You'll be constantly reminded of your betrayal the lower the club sinks.

This once great club will never sink as low as you and the rest of the board have.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 3:28]

It's just the internet, init.

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 01:56 - Nov 9 with 2051 viewsPozuelosSideys

1. The directors/shareholders saved the club from Bankruptcy and from oblivion from the football league (i.e Newport)!
Without the fanbase, theer would be nothing for them to put a bit of cash in to, well those except Dineen who is a smarmy fly around shite. The whole point here is that those/you cnts seem to think you did it by yourselves, you didnt.

2. During those struggles not only did they give of their time freely they also invested a significant sum of money to ensure it's continued survival!

Nobody forced them, and some of them did a pretty crappy job too. The commercial side for instance is pretty tinpot. Now the playing staff is pisspoor too, as well as the recent appointments. Luck runs out eventually

3. HJ and the board then guided us through the divisions and up to the Premier league.
Yeh, think Martinez and a few of the other managers and players did most of the work tbh

4. The board not only did that but also through wise investments on the field they were able to not only keep us in the Premier League but also to win a major Cup,the 1st in the clubs history!
See point 3. Vending machines and flashing lights on advertising hoardings dont really add a great deal

5. As if that wasn't enough we were also able to sample the delights of a European campaign! I thought you may have been Dineen. But i doubt even that dullard is thick enough to forget our previous European expeditions

Quim.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 1:57]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 07:28 - Nov 9 with 2013 viewswaynekerr55

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 21:52 - Nov 6 by xmastree

That's very mature Warwick! Armchair supporters are the lifeblood of our club.

What part about "everyone was grateful for what you did, but the sly way in which you sold out ruins your legacy" don't you understand?

Tell me then c*nt, why didn't you speak to the Chinese?

Is it also true that you were looking to sell your shares as soon as possible after promotion?

Also, where's your cocksucking mate/brother Dougie?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 08:13 - Nov 9 with 2003 viewsBloodyhills

You know where you can stick your fecking xmas tree!

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 09:09 - Nov 9 with 1967 viewsNookiejack

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 01:56 - Nov 9 by PozuelosSideys

Without the fanbase, theer would be nothing for them to put a bit of cash in to, well those except Dineen who is a smarmy fly around shite. The whole point here is that those/you cnts seem to think you did it by yourselves, you didnt.

Nobody forced them, and some of them did a pretty crappy job too. The commercial side for instance is pretty tinpot. Now the playing staff is pisspoor too, as well as the recent appointments. Luck runs out eventually

Yeh, think Martinez and a few of the other managers and players did most of the work tbh

See point 3. Vending machines and flashing lights on advertising hoardings dont really add a great deal

5. As if that wasn't enough we were also able to sample the delights of a European campaign! I thought you may have been Dineen. But i doubt even that dullard is thick enough to forget our previous European expeditions

Quim.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 1:57]

re 1. Some people debate whether it was Dineen's family money that provided any financing? Rather than Dineen being a self made man and providing the finance himself.

Only his family will know and now have to live with the consequences with regards to their family name in Swansea and Wales and Jacks around the world.

There goes a Dineen in Swansea and what will people be thinking about them - now, next year, the year after, year after that,..... think about Petty's name still today.

All for few $$$s more.
Login to get fewer ads

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 11:14 - Nov 9 with 1932 viewsxmastree

FYI and following my initial post I will tell you a little about me. A Morriston boy for the first 26 years. And a club supporter for over 40 years. I have supported the club through thick and thin. Il I have a season ticket which has been continuous and paid for by me!! I don't have the wealth of MM but heyho good luck to him.
The whole reasoning behind my initial post which it seems has been taken totally out of context is that the journey we've had over their stewardship of the club has been historic and great fun.
I along with several other relatively wealthy individuals I know we're offered a shareholding in the club but declined preferring instead to donate to SCST and indeed before that to 'the executive fund raising' organised by Don keefe/gwilym Joseph and a few others.
I think what you guys fail to understand is that to run a successful club in the PL costs millions (ask sir Alan or Simon Jordan! ) and we don't have those benefactors.
IMHO the directors had gone as far as they could with the finances that were available to them and maybe had a reality check in January when we were looking shakey? So in essence they were damned no matter what! Option 1 of not selling and you've got an element of fans screaming for hj to spend (money that he or the club don't have) and possibly send us into bankruptcy and then even further down the divisions. Option 2 sell and hope that the new owners will invest. It's a no brainer. Really!!
For those shouting 'we want our club back' it's never gone!! It is exactly the same club, struggling in exactly the same way as last season.Maybe you've bought a season ticket and shirt but that in no way confers ownership in the club (same way as you buy a season ticket for regular bus journeys (It doesn't give you ownership of South Wales transport).
So moving on I will be renewing my season ticket for next year and after and supporting my local football team(providing all my needles haven't fallen off!)
P.s should the Americans fail and ride off into the sunset what sane local millionaire would invest in our club knowing that there are an element of supporters that still think there's a money tree at the bottom of his garden and he should use it all with total disregard for his family and other employees. Wake up and get in the real world. X X
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 11:35 - Nov 9 with 1913 viewsSoberBaker

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 11:14 - Nov 9 by xmastree

FYI and following my initial post I will tell you a little about me. A Morriston boy for the first 26 years. And a club supporter for over 40 years. I have supported the club through thick and thin. Il I have a season ticket which has been continuous and paid for by me!! I don't have the wealth of MM but heyho good luck to him.
The whole reasoning behind my initial post which it seems has been taken totally out of context is that the journey we've had over their stewardship of the club has been historic and great fun.
I along with several other relatively wealthy individuals I know we're offered a shareholding in the club but declined preferring instead to donate to SCST and indeed before that to 'the executive fund raising' organised by Don keefe/gwilym Joseph and a few others.
I think what you guys fail to understand is that to run a successful club in the PL costs millions (ask sir Alan or Simon Jordan! ) and we don't have those benefactors.
IMHO the directors had gone as far as they could with the finances that were available to them and maybe had a reality check in January when we were looking shakey? So in essence they were damned no matter what! Option 1 of not selling and you've got an element of fans screaming for hj to spend (money that he or the club don't have) and possibly send us into bankruptcy and then even further down the divisions. Option 2 sell and hope that the new owners will invest. It's a no brainer. Really!!
For those shouting 'we want our club back' it's never gone!! It is exactly the same club, struggling in exactly the same way as last season.Maybe you've bought a season ticket and shirt but that in no way confers ownership in the club (same way as you buy a season ticket for regular bus journeys (It doesn't give you ownership of South Wales transport).
So moving on I will be renewing my season ticket for next year and after and supporting my local football team(providing all my needles haven't fallen off!)
P.s should the Americans fail and ride off into the sunset what sane local millionaire would invest in our club knowing that there are an element of supporters that still think there's a money tree at the bottom of his garden and he should use it all with total disregard for his family and other employees. Wake up and get in the real world. X X

Okay. I can appreciate some of that and fairplay to you for having the balls to come on here to give us the other side of the story. Hopefully the dialogue can continue?

Do me a favour, though - enough of the patronising tone, eh!

xx
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 11:35]

AMOW

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 12:01 - Nov 9 with 1878 viewsxmastree

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 11:35 - Nov 9 by SoberBaker

Okay. I can appreciate some of that and fairplay to you for having the balls to come on here to give us the other side of the story. Hopefully the dialogue can continue?

Do me a favour, though - enough of the patronising tone, eh!

xx
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 11:35]

Sorry if it sounded patronising that wasn't my intention but I cannot understand the mentality of some of the people on here. Who just seem to want to create as much bad feeling and animosity as possible. I don't know blues supporters maybe?
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 12:08 - Nov 9 with 1870 viewswaynekerr55

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 12:01 - Nov 9 by xmastree

Sorry if it sounded patronising that wasn't my intention but I cannot understand the mentality of some of the people on here. Who just seem to want to create as much bad feeling and animosity as possible. I don't know blues supporters maybe?

What.
Part.
About.
The.
Manner.
Of.
The.
Sale.
Are.
You.
Struggling.
To.
Understand?

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 12:36 - Nov 9 with 1832 viewsxmastree

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 07:28 - Nov 9 by waynekerr55

What part about "everyone was grateful for what you did, but the sly way in which you sold out ruins your legacy" don't you understand?

Tell me then c*nt, why didn't you speak to the Chinese?

Is it also true that you were looking to sell your shares as soon as possible after promotion?

Also, where's your cocksucking mate/brother Dougie?

I haven't sold out and I do speak with the Chinese. In fact I have some very good suppliers there although I would advise anyone dealing with them to check them out thoroughly which unfortunately I didn't on one occasion and it cost!
As I've already said at the start never had shares in the club but put a 3 figure sum into the trust at the start.
Re: Dougie don't know him.
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 12:39 - Nov 9 with 1829 viewswaynekerr55

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 12:36 - Nov 9 by xmastree

I haven't sold out and I do speak with the Chinese. In fact I have some very good suppliers there although I would advise anyone dealing with them to check them out thoroughly which unfortunately I didn't on one occasion and it cost!
As I've already said at the start never had shares in the club but put a 3 figure sum into the trust at the start.
Re: Dougie don't know him.

Fair play I did just have a chuckle at that.

You've got some metaphorical balls though, which deserves credit.

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 12:57 - Nov 9 with 1804 viewsdickythorpe

"Ungrateful arseholes" in your original post......
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 13:10 - Nov 9 with 1783 viewsxmastree

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 12:08 - Nov 9 by waynekerr55

What.
Part.
About.
The.
Manner.
Of.
The.
Sale.
Are.
You.
Struggling.
To.
Understand?

IMO as I've already said the board were buggered whatever they did. Stay independent and face the wrath of fans because hj et Al didn't spend, spend,spend money he or the club don't have and end up sinking lower down the leagues or try to find someone with deeper pockets who can keep us in the PL.
We've yet to see if the decision was the right one and as much as I've enjoyed the PL if we're in the championship next season so be it I'll still renew and support.
With regards the way they acted i dont think they did themselves any favours there but didn't the trust put a kyber on the last lot of Americans? Maybe they were worried about a repeat of that? I really don't know.
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 13:12 - Nov 9 with 1778 viewsmonmouth

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 12:57 - Nov 9 by dickythorpe

To be fair, mine is rarely grateful.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 13:14 - Nov 9 with 1771 viewswaynekerr55

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 13:10 - Nov 9 by xmastree

IMO as I've already said the board were buggered whatever they did. Stay independent and face the wrath of fans because hj et Al didn't spend, spend,spend money he or the club don't have and end up sinking lower down the leagues or try to find someone with deeper pockets who can keep us in the PL.
We've yet to see if the decision was the right one and as much as I've enjoyed the PL if we're in the championship next season so be it I'll still renew and support.
With regards the way they acted i dont think they did themselves any favours there but didn't the trust put a kyber on the last lot of Americans? Maybe they were worried about a repeat of that? I really don't know.

The trust put the Khyber?

Maybe something about ensuring sustainability of the club? Just a thought...
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 13:28]

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 13:21 - Nov 9 with 1763 viewsmonmouth

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 13:14 - Nov 9 by waynekerr55

The trust put the Khyber?

Maybe something about ensuring sustainability of the club? Just a thought...
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 13:28]

I honestly don't know why you are bothering Wayne. Selling out to anybody that would pony up the cash (they still don't know who the backers are - or care) and to behave like pigs at a trough whilst ignoring the needs of the club throughout the summer, and then continuing to behave like c*nts and expect to be excused afterwards doesn't seem to matter to some.

In the words of the East Stand "you greedy bastards, get out of our club". Cue applause all round the ground.

Just. F*ck. Off.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 13:34 - Nov 9 with 1741 viewsSwanjack10

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 21:52 - Nov 6 by dickythorpe

Steering lock on the Bentley is it Dar?

A COMMON fault that.

A dodgy clutch .

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 13:55 - Nov 9 with 1718 viewsperchrockjack

Out of context indeed.

Lies too

I've been misquoted and called all sorts , mainly by knobheads

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:06 - Nov 9 with 1707 viewswaynekerr55

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 13:55 - Nov 9 by perchrockjack

Out of context indeed.

Lies too

I've been misquoted and called all sorts , mainly by knobheads

I blame that pesky i PAD

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:08 - Nov 9 with 1705 viewsxmastree

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 12:57 - Nov 9 by dickythorpe

Yes apologies for the tone there but without these guys we'd possibly still be languishing at the bottom of the football league.
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:09 - Nov 9 with 1700 viewsHighjack

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:08 - Nov 9 by xmastree

Yes apologies for the tone there but without these guys we'd possibly still be languishing at the bottom of the football league.

We'd probably still have the soul left in the club too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:10 - Nov 9 with 1701 viewsWarwickHunt

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:08 - Nov 9 by xmastree

Fûck off, cûnt. Again.

No apologies...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024