Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What have the Romans ever done for us? 21:26 - Nov 6 with 15218 viewsxmastree

Remember the 'life of Brian' some of you ungratefull arseholes sound like that group.

1. The directors/shareholders saved the club from Bankruptcy and from oblivion from the football league (i.e Newport)!

2. During those struggles not only did they give of their time freely they also invested a significant sum of money to ensure it's continued survival!

3. HJ and the board then guided us through the divisions and up to the Premier league.

4. The board not only did that but also through wise investments on the field they were able to not only keep us in the Premier League but also to win a major Cup,the 1st in the clubs history!

5. As if that wasn't enough we were also able to sample the delights of a European campaign!

And before anyone asks I am not a shareholder/son/ or relative of any of the board but an appreciative supporter of our football club and conversely to the board for the journey they took us on.

Cheers guys and good luck for the future!

This post has been edited by an administrator
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:11 - Nov 9 with 2471 viewsNookiejack

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 13:10 - Nov 9 by xmastree

IMO as I've already said the board were buggered whatever they did. Stay independent and face the wrath of fans because hj et Al didn't spend, spend,spend money he or the club don't have and end up sinking lower down the leagues or try to find someone with deeper pockets who can keep us in the PL.
We've yet to see if the decision was the right one and as much as I've enjoyed the PL if we're in the championship next season so be it I'll still renew and support.
With regards the way they acted i dont think they did themselves any favours there but didn't the trust put a kyber on the last lot of Americans? Maybe they were worried about a repeat of that? I really don't know.

Your argument is the ex shareholders have protected their value and so you will fully understand and empathise that the Trust has to protect its minimum £21m stake.

So that the city and local community can have a professional football club in Swansea that can be passed down the generations and hopefully one day totally fan owned and can't be the plaything of others from around the world. I think people would accept that this instead of your money tree analogy. Of course spotlight does need to be shone from a performance mangement perspective at individuals who are being £500k per annum for position of Director Of Football - when we have weakest squad since we have been on the PL.

The Trust is now in Minority position where articles have been passed using the votes on the residual shares - assigned to the Americans - by the ex shareholders. That action does appear to be quite nasty - but understand it is only about protecting £70m of value at stake.

You also forget that value has been created by Trust and local community given time for free. This could have been given back through accepting less money and leaving Trust with minority protections.

If at the end of the day the Americans sue the ex shareholders under the warranty - following Trust legal action - you will understand and empathise that the Trust was only protecting its value at stake.
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:28 - Nov 9 with 2441 viewsxmastree

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:11 - Nov 9 by Nookiejack

Your argument is the ex shareholders have protected their value and so you will fully understand and empathise that the Trust has to protect its minimum £21m stake.

So that the city and local community can have a professional football club in Swansea that can be passed down the generations and hopefully one day totally fan owned and can't be the plaything of others from around the world. I think people would accept that this instead of your money tree analogy. Of course spotlight does need to be shone from a performance mangement perspective at individuals who are being £500k per annum for position of Director Of Football - when we have weakest squad since we have been on the PL.

The Trust is now in Minority position where articles have been passed using the votes on the residual shares - assigned to the Americans - by the ex shareholders. That action does appear to be quite nasty - but understand it is only about protecting £70m of value at stake.

You also forget that value has been created by Trust and local community given time for free. This could have been given back through accepting less money and leaving Trust with minority protections.

If at the end of the day the Americans sue the ex shareholders under the warranty - following Trust legal action - you will understand and empathise that the Trust was only protecting its value at stake.

Fully understand your perspective on it and in an utopian world every club would be run by supporters and all the players would play for a decent wage. However, life isn't utopian. The people still there are there at the bequest of the Americans I presume or they were able to negotiate that with them.I don't know but at the moment its stability I want and IMO I don't think the Americans realise that communication is key. I note today's post saying about them meeting with the trust and apologising for the lack of communication. Let's see where this goes before we all start throwing our toys out of the pram.
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:35 - Nov 9 with 2423 viewsNookiejack

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:28 - Nov 9 by xmastree

Fully understand your perspective on it and in an utopian world every club would be run by supporters and all the players would play for a decent wage. However, life isn't utopian. The people still there are there at the bequest of the Americans I presume or they were able to negotiate that with them.I don't know but at the moment its stability I want and IMO I don't think the Americans realise that communication is key. I note today's post saying about them meeting with the trust and apologising for the lack of communication. Let's see where this goes before we all start throwing our toys out of the pram.

The Bundesliga is not utopian is it? With all I think bar 2 clubs controlled by the fans?

With minimum £21m in the bank and with crowds of 10k to 14k in Championship/League 1 sounds quite a realistic business model - far from utopian in my view.

Calls for stability seems to be a delaying tactic so then Trust is seen to accept the deal. Protects ex shareholders value. Just my view again.
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:37 - Nov 9 with 2420 viewswaynekerr55

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:10 - Nov 9 by WarwickHunt

Fûck off, cûnt. Again.

No apologies...

Today's Amazon Lightning Deal:

"Diplomacy - an idiots guide." By Robert Mugabe
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 14:41]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:53 - Nov 9 with 2390 viewsxmastree

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:35 - Nov 9 by Nookiejack

The Bundesliga is not utopian is it? With all I think bar 2 clubs controlled by the fans?

With minimum £21m in the bank and with crowds of 10k to 14k in Championship/League 1 sounds quite a realistic business model - far from utopian in my view.

Calls for stability seems to be a delaying tactic so then Trust is seen to accept the deal. Protects ex shareholders value. Just my view again.

Fair point but I'd rather not slip down to league 1 to find out. Only asking for stability so that we can support the team and hopefully get out of this quagmire.
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 15:00 - Nov 9 with 2590 viewsNookiejack

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:53 - Nov 9 by xmastree

Fair point but I'd rather not slip down to league 1 to find out. Only asking for stability so that we can support the team and hopefully get out of this quagmire.

I would rather slip down into League 1 with the £21m protected and then with the opportunity to bounce back being fans owned.

If the £21m is lost then the city will never have the opportunity of being fans owned again.
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 15:28 - Nov 9 with 2576 viewsWarwickHunt

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:37 - Nov 9 by waynekerr55

Today's Amazon Lightning Deal:

"Diplomacy - an idiots guide." By Robert Mugabe
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 14:41]

Already have it. It's next to Vlad The Impaler's Guide to Problem Solving on my bookshelf.
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 15:31 - Nov 9 with 2568 viewsPozuelosSideys

There is zero stability at the club atm. On the pitch and off it. Purely because it was sold up on the fly by the previous shareholders without a second thought given to the implications. Everyone understands that the day of sale would have come, but the very minimum was that the club was sold transparently and to the correct people so that the long term well-being of the club was virtually guaranteed. Unfortunately that hasnt happened, and the ex shareholders will now have to have their name forever remembered as being those who screwed the club they perceived to have loved, purely to chase the money.

All fanbase stability does is give them an easy ride out of town, and that is the last thing they will be getting after selling SCFC down the river. Vermin.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 15:38 - Nov 9 with 2558 viewsmonmouth

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 15:31 - Nov 9 by PozuelosSideys

There is zero stability at the club atm. On the pitch and off it. Purely because it was sold up on the fly by the previous shareholders without a second thought given to the implications. Everyone understands that the day of sale would have come, but the very minimum was that the club was sold transparently and to the correct people so that the long term well-being of the club was virtually guaranteed. Unfortunately that hasnt happened, and the ex shareholders will now have to have their name forever remembered as being those who screwed the club they perceived to have loved, purely to chase the money.

All fanbase stability does is give them an easy ride out of town, and that is the last thing they will be getting after selling SCFC down the river. Vermin.

This.

Sellout shit stained scum.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 16:19 - Nov 9 with 2505 viewswaynekerr55

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 21:45 - Nov 9 with 2407 viewsStarsky

Mods... could someone put this onto the footy board for greater exposure please?

Edit... thank you mods
[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 21:39]

It's just the internet, init.

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 10:57 - Nov 10 with 2320 viewsSmellyplumz

You will never be forgiven for selling us down the river , I hope you enjoy swansea and looking over your shoulder you fking rat.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 11:38 - Nov 10 with 2299 viewsCatullus

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 11:14 - Nov 9 by xmastree

FYI and following my initial post I will tell you a little about me. A Morriston boy for the first 26 years. And a club supporter for over 40 years. I have supported the club through thick and thin. Il I have a season ticket which has been continuous and paid for by me!! I don't have the wealth of MM but heyho good luck to him.
The whole reasoning behind my initial post which it seems has been taken totally out of context is that the journey we've had over their stewardship of the club has been historic and great fun.
I along with several other relatively wealthy individuals I know we're offered a shareholding in the club but declined preferring instead to donate to SCST and indeed before that to 'the executive fund raising' organised by Don keefe/gwilym Joseph and a few others.
I think what you guys fail to understand is that to run a successful club in the PL costs millions (ask sir Alan or Simon Jordan! ) and we don't have those benefactors.
IMHO the directors had gone as far as they could with the finances that were available to them and maybe had a reality check in January when we were looking shakey? So in essence they were damned no matter what! Option 1 of not selling and you've got an element of fans screaming for hj to spend (money that he or the club don't have) and possibly send us into bankruptcy and then even further down the divisions. Option 2 sell and hope that the new owners will invest. It's a no brainer. Really!!
For those shouting 'we want our club back' it's never gone!! It is exactly the same club, struggling in exactly the same way as last season.Maybe you've bought a season ticket and shirt but that in no way confers ownership in the club (same way as you buy a season ticket for regular bus journeys (It doesn't give you ownership of South Wales transport).
So moving on I will be renewing my season ticket for next year and after and supporting my local football team(providing all my needles haven't fallen off!)
P.s should the Americans fail and ride off into the sunset what sane local millionaire would invest in our club knowing that there are an element of supporters that still think there's a money tree at the bottom of his garden and he should use it all with total disregard for his family and other employees. Wake up and get in the real world. X X

I can agree with some of that but here's where I don't,

The club has been sold to people apparently in the same position as our previous owners. They spunked their load buying us and have mo money to invest anywhere in the club, not on infrastructure, nothing. That or they are unwilling to, which would be worse.

The previous owners have cashed in, one of whom kept a job paying over £500, 000 a year and was left in charge to sell two of our best players, severely weakening the team. Jenkins is responsible for our squads weakened position AND for buying at least one expensive player not good enough, by that I mean Llorente and for being too cheap to buy a player we could have actually gotten for cheaper than he was subsequently sold (Allen) and being greedy by turning down 7 million for Ki and demanding 10 million. He also spent a club record fee on Baston who has yet to show he's worth it. It's a string of very bad decisions. Only Mawson looks worth his fee and we don't have the time or depth to bring him through.

I know there isn't a money tree but selling to people in (what looks like) exactly the same position just looks like cashing in.
When we were doing well, when we'd won our first major trophy, that was the time to sell. But they loved the adulation, the media attention and waited. As soon as they could see things were turning sour, even if it was because of their choices, they sold out.
Many outside the boardroom have questioned decisions. Have questioned whether indivuduaks were up to jobs they wrre given. For a longvtime fans have compkained that Jenkins shouldn't be director of football.
Cue the Americans and suddenly we have an American manager who looks way out of his depth (though I earnestly hope he proves me wrong and performs a minor miracle) and another American (Pearlman) gets a key job soon after. No doubt the american influence will grow.
As a club we have gone backwards while our chairman cashes in, twice!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 11:47 - Nov 10 with 2292 viewsDarran

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 11:38 - Nov 10 by Catullus

The club has been sold to people apparently in the same position as our previous owners. They spunked their load buying us and have mo money to invest anywhere in the club, not on infrastructure, nothing. That or they are unwilling to, which would be worse.

The previous owners have cashed in, one of whom kept a job paying over £500, 000 a year and was left in charge to sell two of our best players, severely weakening the team. Jenkins is responsible for our squads weakened position AND for buying at least one expensive player not good enough, by that I mean Llorente and for being too cheap to buy a player we could have actually gotten for cheaper than he was subsequently sold (Allen) and being greedy by turning down 7 million for Ki and demanding 10 million. He also spent a club record fee on Baston who has yet to show he's worth it. It's a string of very bad decisions. Only Mawson looks worth his fee and we don't have the time or depth to bring him through.

I know there isn't a money tree but selling to people in (what looks like) exactly the same position just looks like cashing in.
When we were doing well, when we'd won our first major trophy, that was the time to sell. But they loved the adulation, the media attention and waited. As soon as they could see things were turning sour, even if it was because of their choices, they sold out.
Many outside the boardroom have questioned decisions. Have questioned whether indivuduaks were up to jobs they wrre given. For a longvtime fans have compkained that Jenkins shouldn't be director of football.
Cue the Americans and suddenly we have an American manager who looks way out of his depth (though I earnestly hope he proves me wrong and performs a minor miracle) and another American (Pearlman) gets a key job soon after. No doubt the american influence will grow.

Nobody can argue with this can they?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 11:48 - Nov 10 with 2290 viewswaynekerr55

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 11:47 - Nov 10 by Darran

Yes, of course they can.

The rats still really care about the club, allegedly.

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:51 - Nov 10 with 2196 viewsxmastree

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 11:47 - Nov 10 by Darran

Totally agree with most of that we should've got Joe back and v.worrying if the yanks don't invest!! With regard hj who can they replace him with?? Another yank with no idea of the PL or British football? IMO hj has certainly taken his eye off the ball with some of his dealings, like not getting rid of gary earlier but sometimes as difficult as it is it's better to go with the devil you know.
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:57 - Nov 10 with 2184 viewswaynekerr55

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:51 - Nov 10 by xmastree

Totally agree with most of that we should've got Joe back and v.worrying if the yanks don't invest!! With regard hj who can they replace him with?? Another yank with no idea of the PL or British football? IMO hj has certainly taken his eye off the ball with some of his dealings, like not getting rid of gary earlier but sometimes as difficult as it is it's better to go with the devil you know.

A replacement for Huw?

A traffic cone. It would cause less damage and not put its own self interest at the forefront of the decision making process.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 21:56]

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 15:01 - Nov 10 with 2178 viewsswancity

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 14:51 - Nov 10 by xmastree

Taken his eye off the ball? Christ he's closed his eyes, turned his back and finding a way to run away from it all to count his money...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 15:05 - Nov 10 with 2166 viewsmonmouth

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 11:38 - Nov 10 by Catullus

Super.

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 21:31 - Nov 10 with 2064 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 11:14 - Nov 9 by xmastree

FYI and following my initial post I will tell you a little about me. A Morriston boy for the first 26 years. And a club supporter for over 40 years. I have supported the club through thick and thin. Il I have a season ticket which has been continuous and paid for by me!! I don't have the wealth of MM but heyho good luck to him.
The whole reasoning behind my initial post which it seems has been taken totally out of context is that the journey we've had over their stewardship of the club has been historic and great fun.
I along with several other relatively wealthy individuals I know we're offered a shareholding in the club but declined preferring instead to donate to SCST and indeed before that to 'the executive fund raising' organised by Don keefe/gwilym Joseph and a few others.
I think what you guys fail to understand is that to run a successful club in the PL costs millions (ask sir Alan or Simon Jordan! ) and we don't have those benefactors.
IMHO the directors had gone as far as they could with the finances that were available to them and maybe had a reality check in January when we were looking shakey? So in essence they were damned no matter what! Option 1 of not selling and you've got an element of fans screaming for hj to spend (money that he or the club don't have) and possibly send us into bankruptcy and then even further down the divisions. Option 2 sell and hope that the new owners will invest. It's a no brainer. Really!!
For those shouting 'we want our club back' it's never gone!! It is exactly the same club, struggling in exactly the same way as last season.Maybe you've bought a season ticket and shirt but that in no way confers ownership in the club (same way as you buy a season ticket for regular bus journeys (It doesn't give you ownership of South Wales transport).
So moving on I will be renewing my season ticket for next year and after and supporting my local football team(providing all my needles haven't fallen off!)
P.s should the Americans fail and ride off into the sunset what sane local millionaire would invest in our club knowing that there are an element of supporters that still think there's a money tree at the bottom of his garden and he should use it all with total disregard for his family and other employees. Wake up and get in the real world. X X

Taken out of context? £hat, even the "ungrateful arseholes" tribute to us ? It goes to show just how much in contempt you hold the fans. Along with Johhny "Swans fans are gullible c*nts" Van Zweden.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 22:45 - Nov 10 with 1994 viewsImAlrightJack

The OP referring to The Life of Brian just to back is point up, don't think I'll ever be able to watch that film without getting annoyed over the post at the same time from now.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were indeed some plant or relation to a club board member, all despite denying it.
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 00:01 - Nov 11 with 1952 viewsjack90

Xmas tree
You forgot to mention the local businesses that wrote off the debts owed by the club on the understanding that this new breed of owners were in it for football not profit.

Did they refund any of these people out of their new found wealth.

Pretty certain on winning promotion to premier league some hefty bonus were paid out to our beloved board .
What have the Romans ever done for us? on 08:15 - Nov 11 with 1885 viewsmonmouth

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 00:01 - Nov 11 by jack90

Xmas tree
You forgot to mention the local businesses that wrote off the debts owed by the club on the understanding that this new breed of owners were in it for football not profit.

Did they refund any of these people out of their new found wealth.

Pretty certain on winning promotion to premier league some hefty bonus were paid out to our beloved board .

Now that is a very good point indeed.

All of this wealth that is 'all theirs' is built on the efforts of others. the council, the fans, the Trust, donations, the initial creditors and the goodwill generated by the local fans aspect and constant PR. What they have done is to steal all the benefits from of that and appropriate it to themselves as if it was only their relatively small 'investments' (because we is fans innit) that ever mattered in building the club that was sold.

Scum. Scum of the highest order.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2016 8:16]

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 08:42 - Nov 11 with 1854 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I wonder whether any of them have had the decency to offer Mel Nurse anything?

He gave his shares back to the club because he thought the club was in safe hands. Those shares were then shared out pro rata as per the shareholders' agreement (the one that doesn't exist when it suits them), and certain individuals have benefited massively from Mel's shares.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

What have the Romans ever done for us? on 17:19 - Dec 22 with 1626 viewsTheResurrection

Fack me, I've only just seen this thread...

Tenko, is this you mate? Xmastree? If so, what's the main purpose of this thread? Are you just trying to bring some sort of harmony back to SCFC?

We appreciate all the Directirs have done for us, you included, if this indeed is you, but you're not dull enough to not be able to see why we are all so angry, surely?

All that pales into a massive black hole of insignificance the way they have made sure they set themselves and family up financially at the expense of the Club itself and the fans.

Send me a PM if this is you and you want to take this off site.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024