Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doughty 14:47 - Nov 12 with 3082 viewsbosh67

Watched the game today. Doughty different class. Accept that it is a level down but plays in a way we are crying out for. Proper link up play and strong on the ball. Holloway there, as per the other thread, waxing lyrical about him on the commentary. Hope he brings him back soon.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Doughty on 15:10 - Nov 12 with 3028 viewsOxheyR

Quite agree. Les also there

Swindon Town 3-0 Charlton Athletic - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37881080
Doughty on 15:13 - Nov 12 with 3018 viewsDeepcutHoop

He had a good game. Seems more of a 'shifter' than a 'player' in Ollie's terms but he looks to be improving.
Doughty on 15:15 - Nov 12 with 3011 viewscaliforniahoop

Always rated him and Cole Kwpekwa
Doughty on 16:35 - Nov 12 with 2820 viewsRoller

I doubt that we'd try to bring him back early. I'm sure that they were just taking the opportunity to check firsthand on his and Furong's progress. There are important decisions to make about both of their futures at the end of this season.
Doughty on 18:04 - Nov 12 with 2613 viewsDorse

I like Doughty. On the few occasions he's played, he seems to have great vision and can spot a pass. He's not the quickest but if he gets his positioning right he could be a decent find at this level.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Doughty on 19:34 - Nov 12 with 2482 viewsBrightonhoop

Sounds from the other thread we've got a few gems likely to break through, interesting times.

Whatever to happened to Dean Parrott after Spurs lured him away, anyone know?
Doughty on 20:03 - Nov 12 with 2421 viewsqprewan

What about JET see he scored again today; do you think olly will try and do anything with him?
Doughty on 01:44 - Nov 13 with 2214 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Doughty on 15:15 - Nov 12 by californiahoop

Always rated him and Cole Kwpekwa

Cole was a good player but a terrible atitude, lazy as feck... hence him getting the spanish archer

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Doughty on 02:17 - Nov 13 with 2196 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Is this the Doughty that smokes about 20 fags a day who went to play for Wycombe?
Doughty on 02:17 - Nov 13 with 2195 viewsHooparoo

Doughty on 20:03 - Nov 12 by qprewan

What about JET see he scored again today; do you think olly will try and do anything with him?

I still think there's a good player there somewhere but he needs to get his head right. Ollie might just be the bloke to do it but a few have tried and failed so far.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Doughty on 09:44 - Nov 13 with 1991 viewsWatford_Ranger

Doughty on 19:34 - Nov 12 by Brightonhoop

Sounds from the other thread we've got a few gems likely to break through, interesting times.

Whatever to happened to Dean Parrott after Spurs lured him away, anyone know?

He's at AFC Wimbledon.

Spent five years at Spurs with zero first team appearances and a few unremarkable loans followed by an unremarkable three years at Stevenage so is at least in the right direction as he's moved up a level this season. Still the classic case of a big club hoovering up any kid who can kick a ball rather than them having the best chance to make it.
Doughty on 09:53 - Nov 13 with 1978 viewsBrightonhoop

Doughty on 09:44 - Nov 13 by Watford_Ranger

He's at AFC Wimbledon.

Spent five years at Spurs with zero first team appearances and a few unremarkable loans followed by an unremarkable three years at Stevenage so is at least in the right direction as he's moved up a level this season. Still the classic case of a big club hoovering up any kid who can kick a ball rather than them having the best chance to make it.

What a waste.
Doughty on 10:07 - Nov 13 with 1955 viewscaliforniahoop

Doughty on 01:44 - Nov 13 by UPPERLOFTNZ

Cole was a good player but a terrible atitude, lazy as feck... hence him getting the spanish archer

I know and maybe JFH did try, I just felt like we gave up to easily, we are now spending time on a kid from Bolton, who may turn out to be a gem, I hope he does, but that time may have been better spent on Cole?

I also think Doughty should have been retained in the first team squad this year, if the have no intention of involving Sandro, the decision to let him go is even more annoying!

Anyway, it is what it is, hopefully the last time I hear that annoying retort!
Doughty on 10:47 - Nov 13 with 1893 viewsrsonist

Quite often - way more often than not in fact - young players have to take their own path elsewhere and come up against adversity or a change of scene to realise their potential. It's 20/20 hindsight fallacy to suggest that every youth player we let go that starts to look good later in his career would have done the same if he'd stayed. Granted up until now we weren't even giving the first chances out to see properly either way but we as fans don't see them training every day either. That's the way it is and always has been for every club in football great and small, and it's only a stick to beat clubs with when the argument suits it.
Doughty on 10:53 - Nov 13 with 1885 viewsrsonist

Doughty on 01:44 - Nov 13 by UPPERLOFTNZ

Do you know something concrete about Cole's behaviour or have you actually just chinese whispered what Les originally suggested at the time into these damning extremes. Message board posting 101...
Doughty on 14:25 - Nov 13 with 1705 viewsqpr85

Doughty on 10:53 - Nov 13 by rsonist

Do you know something concrete about Cole's behaviour or have you actually just chinese whispered what Les originally suggested at the time into these damning extremes. Message board posting 101...

He was given a fitness regime and did not adhere to this so was shipped out.
Straight from the horses mouth (JFH) so I would said it's concrete mate.
Doughty on 15:14 - Nov 13 with 1653 viewsNW10Hoop

Any time he's played for QPR he's looked alright too. Certainly no worse than players who have kept him out of the side for much of his Rangers career. Would like to see him have a decent crack of things with us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024