Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? 09:39 - Nov 24 with 9256 viewsBadgeman

Are there any protests planned for this Saturdays home game? I think it's painfully obvious that the old owners and the new ones are completely taking the p1ss out of us. I mean this week they thought that it would be fine to reappoint that fat c**t Dineen. What f**king cheek. I love the trust but rightly or wrongly, they are sitting on their hands at the minute. We need to start direct action now.

I suggest we walk out on the 19th minute, making a huge racket for world audiences to see. We then return 12 minutes later making an even bigger racket. Just a suggestion, unless anyone's got better ideas?

I read somewhere about bringing a bottle of water to the stadium with you so the club has to clear up the mess. Anything will do. Burn the money off them. Make a scene. F**k do something but co-ordinate.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 13:48 - Nov 24 with 1814 viewsDafyddHuw

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:46 - Nov 24 by shandyjack

maybe it's just me, but i think this all seems very premature. We have had a bad start to the season and a lot has gone on behind the scenes, BUT lets wait and see what the owners have planned in January in terms of spending. We have 7 winnable fixtures out of 8 leading into Jan 4th.
For now I just think we should give the players on the field our full backing and see where we are end of January.

"...I just think we should give the players on the field our full backing..."

Why do you think protesting about our past and present owners isn't backing the players on the field?
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 13:56 - Nov 24 with 1805 viewsyescomeon

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 12:34 - Nov 24 by Murph75

Regardless of who the money goes to it's a much better solution to a protest. If there is to be one.

Much better than walking out or heaping more pressure on the current bunch of under performing primadonna's we've currently got playing for us.

I disagree, it will make no difference to the new Owners, it's no loss of money to them (if my original statement is true). Even if the money did go to them it's negligible compared to the sky money. A more effective protest is to boycott games, the money is again negligible in comparison to the sky money but an empty stadium doesn't look good. If it results in the team going down, then the sky money goes, and they will notice that.

Personally, I agree with what was said above. Get behind the team during the match, protest about the new/old owners before/after the match.

Upthecity!

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 14:02 - Nov 24 with 1792 viewsMurph75

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 13:56 - Nov 24 by yescomeon

I disagree, it will make no difference to the new Owners, it's no loss of money to them (if my original statement is true). Even if the money did go to them it's negligible compared to the sky money. A more effective protest is to boycott games, the money is again negligible in comparison to the sky money but an empty stadium doesn't look good. If it results in the team going down, then the sky money goes, and they will notice that.

Personally, I agree with what was said above. Get behind the team during the match, protest about the new/old owners before/after the match.

Boycotting games will do a lot more harm than good.

If there's no money coming in from match day revenue don't you think people will start asking questions?

Money talk at the end of the day. Regardless where it comes from.

Neither of these options are viable anyhow. You'll never get enough support to make it effective.
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 14:10 - Nov 24 with 1778 viewsyescomeon

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 14:02 - Nov 24 by Murph75

Boycotting games will do a lot more harm than good.

If there's no money coming in from match day revenue don't you think people will start asking questions?

Money talk at the end of the day. Regardless where it comes from.

Neither of these options are viable anyhow. You'll never get enough support to make it effective.

The point I was making is that the whole point of the protest is to do harm to the new/old owners, as they are owners of the club, the club will be harmed by association. I don't think no one would ask questions, but if all the club gets from a match day is from the club shop and part of the gate, there is no point boycotting food and drink.

But like you say, a boycott of anything is unlikely to work.

Upthecity!

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 14:10 - Nov 24 with 1777 viewsshandyjack

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 13:48 - Nov 24 by DafyddHuw

"...I just think we should give the players on the field our full backing..."

Why do you think protesting about our past and present owners isn't backing the players on the field?

taking your eyes off the game and protesting during the game is not being 100% behind the players and the negative and hostile atmosphere will transcend on to the pitch

Poll: Expectation for the season

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 14:12 - Nov 24 with 1776 viewsnierika

How about turn the Liberty into a fortress?
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 14:13 - Nov 24 with 1775 viewsshandyjack

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 12:15 - Nov 24 by Gowerjack

Bradley - "the jury is still out"

Dear God.

it's only 5 games gone, we've lost 3 of them. I'm not saying he is great or not, i've not been fully impressed but having spoken to one or two players privately, they are very impressed with him so far and have a lot of respect for him. I'm prepared to give him till end of December before i get on his back. Anything less than 4 wins and it won't be good for him or us.

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 14:16 - Nov 24 with 1773 viewsMurph75

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 14:10 - Nov 24 by yescomeon

The point I was making is that the whole point of the protest is to do harm to the new/old owners, as they are owners of the club, the club will be harmed by association. I don't think no one would ask questions, but if all the club gets from a match day is from the club shop and part of the gate, there is no point boycotting food and drink.

But like you say, a boycott of anything is unlikely to work.

Not if that harm comes to the playing side of things.

What do you expect that to achieve?
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 14:21 - Nov 24 with 1759 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Go and see them face to face , 3 hrs before the game ,all night after, outside the west you'll see them every game,protest all you want out there.

Not tomorrow in the middle of a must win game .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 14:38 - Nov 24 with 1733 viewsGlyn1

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:42 - Nov 24 by raynor94

That will really help the team in an absolute must win game, there's a time and place for protest, during a game is obviously not one of them

Well said, Raynor.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 15:00 - Nov 24 with 1696 viewsicecoldjack

I seriously think all support should be given to our team for 90 mins no matter what.

The picks who sold us will get their pay back but for us fans it's all about the team and doing all we can for them !

The boys need the jack army Saturday . Fook the owners for now.
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 15:05 - Nov 24 with 1689 viewsDafyddHuw

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 14:10 - Nov 24 by shandyjack

taking your eyes off the game and protesting during the game is not being 100% behind the players and the negative and hostile atmosphere will transcend on to the pitch

I never said anything about protesting during the game, only you.

I'm replying to your comment "For now I just think we should give the players on the field our full backing and see where we are end of January."

What's that got to do with protesting during the game?
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 15:09 - Nov 24 with 1678 viewstomdickharry

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:46 - Nov 24 by shandyjack

maybe it's just me, but i think this all seems very premature. We have had a bad start to the season and a lot has gone on behind the scenes, BUT lets wait and see what the owners have planned in January in terms of spending. We have 7 winnable fixtures out of 8 leading into Jan 4th.
For now I just think we should give the players on the field our full backing and see where we are end of January.

Sensible post.
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 15:15 - Nov 24 with 1673 viewsyescomeon

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 14:16 - Nov 24 by Murph75

Not if that harm comes to the playing side of things.

What do you expect that to achieve?

I agree that protests against the board should not effect what happens on the pitch, that is my feeling on the matter. But I also think that the kind of protest that would effect things on the pitch would be the most effective, but I'm not advocating that. This originally started because you suggested boycotting food and drink. I asked if that had anything to do with the owners, which I don't think it does (I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong). If that is correct then given that the new board have shown little regard for anything other than the money they can make out of this business venture they are on, I don't see what effect cutting into the money the company that runs the stadium makes on a match day will have on the new owners. It would be like boycotting the pubs around the ground as a protest.

Upthecity!

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 15:24 - Nov 24 with 1663 viewsMurph75

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 15:15 - Nov 24 by yescomeon

I agree that protests against the board should not effect what happens on the pitch, that is my feeling on the matter. But I also think that the kind of protest that would effect things on the pitch would be the most effective, but I'm not advocating that. This originally started because you suggested boycotting food and drink. I asked if that had anything to do with the owners, which I don't think it does (I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong). If that is correct then given that the new board have shown little regard for anything other than the money they can make out of this business venture they are on, I don't see what effect cutting into the money the company that runs the stadium makes on a match day will have on the new owners. It would be like boycotting the pubs around the ground as a protest.

Well I'm pretty sure those responsible for match day catering would be speaking to the current owners if income on match day suddenly started to dry up because of their actions.

Quite simply if this isnt something you can see not working then that's cool. I really can't be arsed getting in to a dick swinging competition on here.
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 15:57 - Nov 24 with 1385 viewsshandyjack

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 15:05 - Nov 24 by DafyddHuw

I never said anything about protesting during the game, only you.

I'm replying to your comment "For now I just think we should give the players on the field our full backing and see where we are end of January."

What's that got to do with protesting during the game?

"Are there any protests planned for this Saturdays home game?"

first sentence of the OP

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 16:04 - Nov 24 with 1366 viewsC_haines1

What we need to do is tell our drummer or teach him to use the bloody thing so we can get an atmosphere going to support the team. Whenever we need encouragement the most he is always absent!
Let's leave any protests for outside the stadium and all come together during the game to bank 3 points. We need them more than protests!
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 16:09 - Nov 24 with 1353 viewsOldjack

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 15:57 - Nov 24 by shandyjack

"Are there any protests planned for this Saturdays home game?"

first sentence of the OP

This will pan out like this ..... if the team are doing well they'll get full support ,if we're getting a tonking all hell will break out

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 16:24 - Nov 24 with 1329 viewsWingstandwood

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 16:09 - Nov 24 by Oldjack

This will pan out like this ..... if the team are doing well they'll get full support ,if we're getting a tonking all hell will break out

Aggree! Perhaps the pre-match motivational team talk should be done by the sellouts and given along the lines "Please, please, please you must win otherwise we will be lynched".

Argus!

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 16:30 - Nov 24 with 1311 viewsOldjack

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 16:24 - Nov 24 by Wingstandwood

Aggree! Perhaps the pre-match motivational team talk should be done by the sellouts and given along the lines "Please, please, please you must win otherwise we will be lynched".

There's a lot of mightily pissed off Swans fans out right now ,it the team start doing well it will calm the waters for the Greedy Ones for the time being ,if we flounder they will get both barrels ,mark my words

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 16:38 - Nov 24 with 1298 viewsWingstandwood

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 16:30 - Nov 24 by Oldjack

There's a lot of mightily pissed off Swans fans out right now ,it the team start doing well it will calm the waters for the Greedy Ones for the time being ,if we flounder they will get both barrels ,mark my words

Yeah the insanity of it all is the fact that the sellouts are actually the main perpetrators of a upcoming/uprising themselves. Crazy if they were rats they'd throw themselves at unbaited rat traps. They have been an absolutely fantastic recruitment tool for future SCFC direct-action and SCFC mass protest movement(s).

I've looked at the NBA Twitter site it's been inactive for a good few days now. It seems to be deliberately sitting on its hands whist the sellouts do its work.

Argus!

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:02 - Nov 24 with 1223 viewsawayjack

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 16:09 - Nov 24 by Oldjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:04 - Nov 24 with 1221 viewsawayjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:02 - Nov 24 by awayjack

This. Fans on mass are fickle. We score first happy days, Palace score first the greedy bastard chants kick off.
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 18:30 - Nov 24 with 1191 viewsClinton

We have to get behind the team.
Fans are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 19:01 - Nov 24 with 1156 viewsPawelAbbott

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 12:35 - Nov 24 by Jack_Kass

I think everyone is capable of a walk out at 19:12, I'd bet you a million quid that there'll be nobody in the stadium at that time.

That could be the protest! No one leaves at the end of the game and stay until 19:12.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024