Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway hanging by a thread...? 15:42 - Dec 10 with 26704 viewscoolranger

Regardless of the result today at relegation doomed Rotherham (who have not won in 14, always a good time to play QPR), I think I'm watching Holloway on the very edge.

I watched perhaps half a dozen of Holloway interviews over the last month or so. What I see and hear is an endless rambling about 'passion', 'dying for the club' and 'transforming the culture'.

The England FA rant about 'who are ya, I mean who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, - I mean c'mon on. What on earth was all that about?

Nothing personal against Holloway. He did great last time for us, and remains popular. I just find him far far too desperate, almost incoherent in his enthusiasm.

I reckon we'll lose or perhaps draw today at Rotherham. Then what? His appointment almost smacks of 'we've tried everything else, and that hasn't worked, let's go back to an old friend who knows the club and try him...'.

Just feel increasingly uneasy that this latest experiment may end in tears.

Coolranger/
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 16:37 - Dec 10 with 3062 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 16:30 - Dec 10 by coolranger

Can we pleeeeese, just score ONE goal today and make sure we don't concede again. So then we pick up a vital point from the worst performing side in the entire Football League.

Can just see the post-match interview now (if 1-1):

"AAAh well, we can build on this. Treeemendus fightback, fantastic, so much pashan from the boys blah blah blah, Rotherham is a really tough place to come too blah blah blah" - Tough? C'mon. Wake up. Easiest away game of the season this, QPR should win here 2-0 or perhaps 3-1. Minimum.

Far too many excuses. Part of the problem with this club, always laying the blame off.
Meanwhile Rotherham pick up their eighth point in 20 games.

If we go down we go down with Holloway.

We made our bed and we lie in it.

This is a consequence of calling out two managers who both had us at mid table. Maybe then we'll learn our lesson. Shame if it takes relegation to drill that into us though.
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 16:42 - Dec 10 with 3044 viewsDeepcutHoop

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 16:35 - Dec 10 by coolranger

Not a wind up guys. I just don't see where this is going.

I repeat, I've watched and listened to Holloway on interview. If I had employed him I would be seriously concerned. He comes across almost incoherent.

Media love him because he gives them soundbites, but when you really watch and listen... it's just an incoherent ramble.

C/

Fair enough, I'll assume you're being serious.

Suggesting the manager is 'hanging by a string' after 4 games is possibly the stupidest thing I've seen posted by a QPR fan in the last few years.

That's actually impressive, given the way our fanbase seems to be going. The podcast lads were discussing this in this week's podcast, and it seems it is definitely a thing.
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 16:45 - Dec 10 with 3029 viewscoolranger

Lining up Ray Wilkins apparently. Will need a driver though.

Prince of Platitudes...

Ooh Sam, I do love that Real Madrid kit. Its, its whiter than white. It's brilliant white. I'll bet your good lady and my good lady would drool at how white that Real Madrid kit is. I say, it's just so white. Brilliant white. And Cristiano is looking so fit. The thing about playing for a massive club like Real Madrid is you have to look good as well as delivering on the pitch, you have to carry that immense pressure. Ooh my word it is immense. These young men carry it so well at times, they're so fit and play lovely passes, my word, beautifully timed that was Sam, I have to say"

Yup, lots to look forward to.
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 16:48 - Dec 10 with 3014 viewsFredManRave

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 16:45 - Dec 10 by coolranger

Lining up Ray Wilkins apparently. Will need a driver though.

Prince of Platitudes...

Ooh Sam, I do love that Real Madrid kit. Its, its whiter than white. It's brilliant white. I'll bet your good lady and my good lady would drool at how white that Real Madrid kit is. I say, it's just so white. Brilliant white. And Cristiano is looking so fit. The thing about playing for a massive club like Real Madrid is you have to look good as well as delivering on the pitch, you have to carry that immense pressure. Ooh my word it is immense. These young men carry it so well at times, they're so fit and play lovely passes, my word, beautifully timed that was Sam, I have to say"

Yup, lots to look forward to.

I think you should change your username.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 16:50 - Dec 10 with 2998 viewscoolranger

Great, barring a last minute miracle we're staring into the abyss.

If there were any doubts, there should not be now. We are in a relegation fight and we've only got 126 games left to pick up the 30 points we need to give us a chance.

Blimey. New Manager bounce?!
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 16:54 - Dec 10 with 2982 viewscoolranger

Yup, we're in for one of these looooong interviews where the message is that "it's all about building for the future, we have to work hard, build, graft, show pashan for the shirt loike, graft, show pashan and kick at the goal when we get close loike ya know".

Problem with the future? It's always tomorrow.

Bring back Terry Venables/
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 16:55 - Dec 10 with 2971 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 16:54 - Dec 10 by coolranger

Yup, we're in for one of these looooong interviews where the message is that "it's all about building for the future, we have to work hard, build, graft, show pashan for the shirt loike, graft, show pashan and kick at the goal when we get close loike ya know".

Problem with the future? It's always tomorrow.

Bring back Terry Venables/

You're making an utter fool of yourself. Take a deep breath.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 16:58 - Dec 10 with 2951 viewscoolranger

Sorry guys. Shoot me down if you like, it's a free board.

This result says an awful lot to me. Ollie has had a while. Rotherham have won ONE game all season...until now.

Why are QPR seemingly always on the receiving end of such spells? Clinton Morrison turns up at HQ without a goal in 3 months, gets abused by home support and scores twice.

Seen it so many times.
Login to get fewer ads

Holloway gone on 17:04 - Dec 10 with 2883 viewscoolranger

Well, that was a brief chapter.

At least realised he wasn't up to the challenge. Zhagan Piemetov of Bulgarian second division champions Lokomotiv Platinov is apparently in talks.

Oh the drama.
Holloway gone on 17:07 - Dec 10 with 2852 viewsFredManRave

Holloway gone on 17:04 - Dec 10 by coolranger

At least realised he wasn't up to the challenge. Zhagan Piemetov of Bulgarian second division champions Lokomotiv Platinov is apparently in talks.

Oh the drama.

You're making Kanye West seem positively level headed.

I've got the Power.

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:07 - Dec 10 with 2849 viewsdodge_stoke_r

I don't know if Holloway us hanging by a thread. But we are. That's 2 defeats against 2 dog turds of teams. Things Ned to change and change quickly. Remember the last time he was here he built his own team and instilled that passion feom day one. This time he will find it hard to instill that passion into a team imports and relative newcomers to the Championship.
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:08 - Dec 10 with 2830 viewsMytch_QPR

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 16:58 - Dec 10 by coolranger

Sorry guys. Shoot me down if you like, it's a free board.

This result says an awful lot to me. Ollie has had a while. Rotherham have won ONE game all season...until now.

Why are QPR seemingly always on the receiving end of such spells? Clinton Morrison turns up at HQ without a goal in 3 months, gets abused by home support and scores twice.

Seen it so many times.

Bang!

I do agree with Bazza though - there were those who said 'anyone other than Ramsey', then we had the 'anyone other than JFH' mob and now we may be about to reap what we have sown.

Let's hope Villa are in a festive 'giving' mood next week.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 17:12]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Holloway gone on 17:08 - Dec 10 with 2811 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway gone on 17:04 - Dec 10 by coolranger

Oh the drama.

Wish someone would hang you by your tiny nuts.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 17:10]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:09 - Dec 10 with 2806 viewsCFW

Not suggesting Ollie should be sacked and I admit I am writing this after quite a few beers but for fcuk sake I don't care if our manager hates our club, I do not want a manager who is a nice bloke, can tell a few funny story's or who dresses in a strange way - I just want a maager who WINS FCUKING FOOTBALL MATCHES
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:09 - Dec 10 with 2805 viewscorse

I ll say it again...He wont last till the end of March.
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:11 - Dec 10 with 2100 viewscoolranger

Well I suggest everyone wakes up. I've seen nothing recently to suggest a change in fortunes.

God this club is difficult to support. I blame my late Dad, bless him. Like walking in treacle.

Rotherham away...ONE win in 19 games....LOSE.

Drink!
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:11 - Dec 10 with 2093 viewshorshamHoop

Not a good start for sure and needs time to find his feet again as has been out of management for a while. I do want this to work for him and all concerned at the club.

It worried me last week when in match 3 he starts players out of their normal positions (Hall), that is usually what happens when all else has failed!

I think he is the type of guy to walk away if he feels he cannot sort it.
Let's hope it does not come to that.
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:12 - Dec 10 with 2082 viewspaulparker

We are down this year I've been saying it since the reading game
One day the planks who chant for TF will wake up and realise this vbloke is the reason we are where we are

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:12 - Dec 10 with 2080 viewsBrightonhoop

Was going to start a meltdown thread, but no need, this one is already epic.
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:14 - Dec 10 with 2061 viewsFredManRave

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:12 - Dec 10 by Brightonhoop

Was going to start a meltdown thread, but no need, this one is already epic.

Start a melted cheese one instead?!

I've got the Power.

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:15 - Dec 10 with 2045 viewsloftboy

I quite liked our seasons in the 3rd division
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 17:17]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:17 - Dec 10 with 2035 viewscoolranger

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:09 - Dec 10 by CFW

Not suggesting Ollie should be sacked and I admit I am writing this after quite a few beers but for fcuk sake I don't care if our manager hates our club, I do not want a manager who is a nice bloke, can tell a few funny story's or who dresses in a strange way - I just want a maager who WINS FCUKING FOOTBALL MATCHES

Exactly mate. Partly my point.

I think Ollie's period has gone. He's not up to it. Passion will get you so far, largely in League One. Today's Championship is almost playing First Division standard from the 1990s.

Ollie should be managing Bristol Rovers, and I'm sure he'd do a great job and they'd love him down there. Great.

I just don't see where this is going. If we're lucky we'll stumble through this season, finish 19th and then go to Wales on a pre-season tour where we beat Bangor City 1-0. We'll sign a few Moldovian lads and so on

C'mon, can we please raise our sights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:17 - Dec 10 with 2035 viewsBrightonhoop

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:14 - Dec 10 by FredManRave

Start a melted cheese one instead?!

Meltdown? Through the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Did someone say cheese?
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:19 - Dec 10 with 2008 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Think Tony's gonna sell up at the end of the season, he's just been balancing the books with 3 smartprice managers in a row and cheap arse players here and there.
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 17:22 - Dec 10 with 1955 viewscoolranger

Don't get me wrong guys, I love Rangers and have supported them 40+ years. But that does not mean blind loyalty. I'm not trying to deliberately irritate people. But....

We are in trouble here. I really don't think Ollie will do more here than keep us up, just.

I really think we've completely lost our way, and I don't have the answers either. But we MUST retain Championship status at all costs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024