Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reality check - Outside perspective 21:33 - Dec 17 with 8264 viewsUSA

I'm not a life long Swans fan...I'm an American fan who took interest in your team once Bradley got the job. I've never had a favorite EPL team, I tend to just follow European teams where Americans get playing time. I can totally simpathize with the gravity of your situation. Many of you have watched your team rise through the levels of English football and get to a point where Swansea is known to be a quality mid-table team. This year, you are most likely gonna be bottom third the whole season if not right at the relegation line. Last year I followed Alerdyce and Sunderland closely, because Deandre Yedlin was on the team. They went down to the final day. THIS Swansea Team is better then they were.

Having said that, maybe I'm biased, but your main issue is not coaching...it's talent level. The defense STILL can't mark a man. Game after game, strikers are left open without a body on them. Is this on the coach? I can recognize the case for that, but I have to put that on the guys on the field. If you are an EPL defender, you should be able to mark a man. Whether it's goals 1 and 3 today, Everton, Crystal Palace, West Brom, the theme is the same...the ball hitting the ground in the box or put to a strikers head while Swans defenders look like statues. Bradley has pointed it out time and time. What do you expect him to do? It's tough to make a turd sandwich taste good. Losing Williams was the worst thing that happened to the swans.

From an outside perspective, I see real good football at times. The team is back to stringing 1 time passes together. I feel that since the Everton game, they have looked good for vast periods of the game only to give up stupid goals. Gilfi, Britton and Fulton are 100% the whole game and should be applauded. They are keepers. The rest of the team could be scrapped...which won't happen, but...

The majority of your fan base is acting like the sky is falling. There are a lot of bottom feeders this year and there is plenty of season left. No coach is going to do any better with the players available. Step back, sack it up and get behind your team.

My 2 cents. Go Swans!

Reality check - Outside perspective on 10:45 - Dec 18 with 737 viewsDafyddHuw

Reality check - Outside perspective on 09:57 - Dec 18 by icecoldjack

Plenty of posters hitting the Nail on the head here.

We can all see Bob is out of his depth, the players probably saw it much much sooner.
They probably like him but also know he will do nothing to enhance their careers.

It's the reason most seem to have a sense of apathy when we conceed,almost like it was to be expected anyway.

Most of our players will be leaving a foot out of the tackle as they get their agents to plan exit stratagies , the loss of focus we are seeing is the players losing faith in the manager and thinking about the future not the present.

Players are selfish, they can see Bob is not up to it, therefore that extra 5% needed to compete has gone missing.
He needs to go now, its killing SCFC .

"We can all see Bob is out of his depth, the players probably saw it much much sooner."

My mate plays in Pennard Golf Club and was talking to a guy there who knows Leon well.
Leon told him that straight away Bob was out of his depth.
Reality check - Outside perspective on 10:48 - Dec 18 with 736 viewsJoshTheJack

Reality check - Outside perspective on 01:40 - Dec 18 by USA

I did get to see Swans play last year under the old coach...I didn't see any games under his regime this year. If you want to throw shit at me because I'm American go ahead. I'm certainly not going to judge the Welsh by your posts on here. I do question the ability of some of you to objectively judge the talent on your squad. I admit the same bias when judging Bradley...I want him to do well. Fulton and Mawson weren't playing prior to Bradley and I think the lineup that's been taking the field the last few games is the best he can do right now. If the shit goal at Everton wouldn't have happened I don't think the situation would be as dire as it is now.

If after the transfer window (and Bob is still there) you don't see a change in points taken, then that's on Bob. I'll come back on here and kindly kiss your ass.

Don't like my comment on marking up, then you are blind. I've seen plenty of shitty D in MLS where defenders are flat foote and slow to react...I'm capable of breaking down a goal sequence and assigning blame. Time and time again...Swansea defenders aren't reacting to the cross and at the very least putting a body on the man. There are plenty of examples. It's not an attack on Swansea...it's a condemnation of the D. I think Mawson will be a good defensive EPL player long term and his coolness on the ball is evident....but even he has been culpable on a couple.

I'm rooting for you. Again, Sunderland were shit last year...I watched every game. Alerdyce is a good coach and England tried to make him the national team coach. Even he had issues with a weak squad. Bradley hasn't lost the players...he's lost the fans. Keep shitting on him...I hope he keeps your guys up in spite of you...
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 1:43]

Thing is if we wait and our form doesn't change and we give him January to get players and he brings in shit or it doesn't click, we're as good as down. With no chance of any manager in the world keeping us up. All the Americans would soon forget about us and our owners/manager would be nowhere to be seen. No disrespect but we have personal connection with OUR club we pay the money, we travel the country week in week out , we were here before the yanks and we'll be here after. Some of our fans have been watching us for decades, They can spot dud when they see one BB and the owners are certainly duds, Doesn't matter how much he/they talk most our fans know they're out their depth and just spinning PR bullshit on us. I'd give him West Ham we don't win that he has to go at least under Guidolin we could defend decently.
Reality check - Outside perspective on 11:23 - Dec 18 with 685 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Reality check - Outside perspective on 22:57 - Dec 17 by Gowerjack

Fuc king hell Bluey.

That was almost a perfect summation of our position.

Then you had to f uck it up " relegate" is not a verb you f uckin plum.

Swansea cannot relegate however they can be relegated.

It just goes to show how little people think before posting
Of course Relegate IS A VERB, if you don't believe me look it up yourself.

ie we will deduct 10 points and relegate them.
The problem is bluey used it in the wrong contextual position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024