Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reality check - Outside perspective 21:33 - Dec 17 with 8263 viewsUSA

I'm not a life long Swans fan...I'm an American fan who took interest in your team once Bradley got the job. I've never had a favorite EPL team, I tend to just follow European teams where Americans get playing time. I can totally simpathize with the gravity of your situation. Many of you have watched your team rise through the levels of English football and get to a point where Swansea is known to be a quality mid-table team. This year, you are most likely gonna be bottom third the whole season if not right at the relegation line. Last year I followed Alerdyce and Sunderland closely, because Deandre Yedlin was on the team. They went down to the final day. THIS Swansea Team is better then they were.

Having said that, maybe I'm biased, but your main issue is not coaching...it's talent level. The defense STILL can't mark a man. Game after game, strikers are left open without a body on them. Is this on the coach? I can recognize the case for that, but I have to put that on the guys on the field. If you are an EPL defender, you should be able to mark a man. Whether it's goals 1 and 3 today, Everton, Crystal Palace, West Brom, the theme is the same...the ball hitting the ground in the box or put to a strikers head while Swans defenders look like statues. Bradley has pointed it out time and time. What do you expect him to do? It's tough to make a turd sandwich taste good. Losing Williams was the worst thing that happened to the swans.

From an outside perspective, I see real good football at times. The team is back to stringing 1 time passes together. I feel that since the Everton game, they have looked good for vast periods of the game only to give up stupid goals. Gilfi, Britton and Fulton are 100% the whole game and should be applauded. They are keepers. The rest of the team could be scrapped...which won't happen, but...

The majority of your fan base is acting like the sky is falling. There are a lot of bottom feeders this year and there is plenty of season left. No coach is going to do any better with the players available. Step back, sack it up and get behind your team.

My 2 cents. Go Swans!

Reality check - Outside perspective on 01:08 - Dec 18 with 1327 viewsJack11

Wha a shit wum - Cardiff prick
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 1:19]
Reality check - Outside perspective on 01:22 - Dec 18 with 1313 viewsAngelRangelQS

Yanks out.
Reality check - Outside perspective on 01:25 - Dec 18 with 1289 viewsLoyal

Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:56 - Dec 17 by jack2jack

Oh and another thing it's COYS, not Go Swans, cheers again

I've often wondered where people who say things like 'go swans' where they would actually like them to ..... go ?

It's like being 'on' the team, another anomilie.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Reality check - Outside perspective (n/t) on 01:33 - Dec 18 with 1304 viewslonglostjack

Reality check - Outside perspective on 22:08 - Dec 17 by phact0rri

I suppose being both american and welsh (both legally and biologically), I can see both sides of the situation. I think that an american manager getting work abroad is a great thing and puts hope for other managers in the US hoping to make a go at the top level of sport. And I can see why americans feel so proud of the appointment and want him to do well.

However, simply saying 'the talent in the dressing room isn't there', and not the fault of Bradley, is a bit ridiclous. I don't know if you've seen us under any other stewardship. I don't know what your thought about the talent level or size of this club was supposed to be coming into it. Yes were not at the talent level we've been in years past. But we've got enough talent to not be conceeding three goals on average a match.

Its as though all the training is putting the ball forward and one-two touches more than keeping shape and tracking back. If you watch us under Guidolin, verses under Bradley you will definately see how much trouble he has at keeping organzation in a free flowing fast atmosphere that is the premiere league.

Its not that Bradley is a bad coach, its just that his strengths as a manager don't really sync up with the way the game is played across the pond. And we need someone who has the strength and wisdom to compete in this league.

[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 1:34]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Reality check - Outside perspective on 01:35 - Dec 18 with 1302 viewslonglostjack

Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:44 - Dec 17 by blueytheblue

The problem however is the elephant in the room.

Bradley wasn't appointed due to excellence in domestic competitions. It was because he was American and cheap(ish).

Sorry, Bradley is the one at fault. Came in full of brashness, chip on shoulder - after all, he'd previously stated he'd not been given a chance at the highest level, was on par with Klopp, Pep et al. When you act like your s**t doesn't stink, you'd better damn well prove it.

Good managers can get players over-achieving. Good manager know when to lift players, when to give deserved kicks up the arses. I'd not be surprised if some in the dressing room had little to no respect for Bradley. We replaced Trollope with Warnock, individual player performances have improved - Gunnarsson for example looks more like the player he is for Iceland.

The issue is coaching. 28 goals conceded in the last 10 games. Since Bradley came along, Swansea have leaked goals. Saying "you should be able to mark a man" is overly simplistic - it's not a case of "oh I see a player free, I'll pick him up". What is Bradley coaching them to do - mark man to man? Zonal?

Losing Williams wasn't the worst thing. His performances for Everton have been mostly poor. £12m was a good deal - the problem was not effectively replacing a player in the downside of his career.

People are acting as if the sky is falling because unlike the majority of Americans, they can see what will happen. Should Swansea relegate, there's an instant massive decrease in TV money which drives football in Britain. The Championship is an incredibly difficult division to get out of, unless you're say a Newcastle. The teams there area lot more even than in the Prem - if you don't promote straight away, the squad gets ripped apart. As Portsmouth, Coventry have shown, if things aren't right off the pitch, you can plummet even further.

The season isn't over, sure. With Bradley in charge, I think Swansea will go down. Without, I think they'll stay up.

Post of the day from a scummer!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Reality check - Outside perspective on 01:40 - Dec 18 with 1295 viewsUSA

I did get to see Swans play last year under the old coach...I didn't see any games under his regime this year. If you want to throw shit at me because I'm American go ahead. I'm certainly not going to judge the Welsh by your posts on here. I do question the ability of some of you to objectively judge the talent on your squad. I admit the same bias when judging Bradley...I want him to do well. Fulton and Mawson weren't playing prior to Bradley and I think the lineup that's been taking the field the last few games is the best he can do right now. If the shit goal at Everton wouldn't have happened I don't think the situation would be as dire as it is now.

If after the transfer window (and Bob is still there) you don't see a change in points taken, then that's on Bob. I'll come back on here and kindly kiss your ass.

Don't like my comment on marking up, then you are blind. I've seen plenty of shitty D in MLS where defenders are flat foote and slow to react...I'm capable of breaking down a goal sequence and assigning blame. Time and time again...Swansea defenders aren't reacting to the cross and at the very least putting a body on the man. There are plenty of examples. It's not an attack on Swansea...it's a condemnation of the D. I think Mawson will be a good defensive EPL player long term and his coolness on the ball is evident....but even he has been culpable on a couple.

I'm rooting for you. Again, Sunderland were shit last year...I watched every game. Alerdyce is a good coach and England tried to make him the national team coach. Even he had issues with a weak squad. Bradley hasn't lost the players...he's lost the fans. Keep shitting on him...I hope he keeps your guys up in spite of you...
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 1:43]
Reality check - Outside perspective on 01:57 - Dec 18 with 1273 viewsRancid

Mate we mean well but in the UK American sport consits of NHL, NBA and American Football.We're clued up enough to realize too that the USA always qualify for World cups as the qualification is pretty easy and where American soccer gets any respect.I liked that full back you had, you didn't start with him but he came good and signed for Spurs I think.Very pacy.Not sure where he is now but if it possible and Bradley is still here then a decent fullback and him possibly being available would be of great advantage to us.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 2:01]
Reality check - Outside perspective on 03:19 - Dec 18 with 1224 viewsUSA

Yeah Yedlin was at Spurs. He was loaned to Sunderland last year. Newcastle bought him and Raffa plays him every once in awhile.
Login to get fewer ads

Reality check - Outside perspective on 05:20 - Dec 18 with 1196 viewsUSA

I agree, it is overly simplistic. I played football for 17 years. Being able to do the simple fundamentals of football shouldn't be a question at the EPL level, but they are. It's tough to tell tone in writing, so I say this not as a slight or put down. When I first started watching the Swansea team that Bradley started with they were giving up possesion easily, passes were not crisp and on the ground, and hustle off the ball when the ball was turned over was non-exsistent. I see all of that stuff happening now (except Barrow...he still loafs on D...and Llorente hustles, but is slow as shit). The results aren't there, but at least the basics in those area are happening. When this team finally shores up the D, the points will come...I hope. Swans are coming home, get loud and don't spew the hate...
Reality check - Outside perspective on 08:15 - Dec 18 with 1119 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Reality check - Outside perspective on 05:20 - Dec 18 by USA

I agree, it is overly simplistic. I played football for 17 years. Being able to do the simple fundamentals of football shouldn't be a question at the EPL level, but they are. It's tough to tell tone in writing, so I say this not as a slight or put down. When I first started watching the Swansea team that Bradley started with they were giving up possesion easily, passes were not crisp and on the ground, and hustle off the ball when the ball was turned over was non-exsistent. I see all of that stuff happening now (except Barrow...he still loafs on D...and Llorente hustles, but is slow as shit). The results aren't there, but at least the basics in those area are happening. When this team finally shores up the D, the points will come...I hope. Swans are coming home, get loud and don't spew the hate...

We are conceding goal at a horrendous rate under Bob. The guy he replaced was getting much better performances out of this exact same set of players.
I have a season ticket and no way has our passing improved the way you claim.
Nothing against the man but his cv alone should have told our new owners that he has nowhere near the competencies , abilities or experience to manage an EPL club.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Reality check - Outside perspective on 08:44 - Dec 18 with 1097 viewsstonedroller

Hi bob, do us a favour and quit bob, no one likes you bob.
Reality check - Outside perspective on 08:59 - Dec 18 with 1079 viewsHeadmaster

It's all very simple. The squad is poor and we were terrible under Guidolin. Towards the end, there were signs of improvement.

Bradley comes in and makes things worse, particularly the defence. So the players have gone from playing poorly to playing really poorly under Bob.

The home match against Man Utd and the away match against Leicester last season shows you that the only constant is the poor quality of the squad. Sacking Bob is a must, but so is replacing the players.
Reality check - Outside perspective on 09:05 - Dec 18 with 1066 viewsShonky

You cant replace a whole team in one go. We should have been adding one position a window. I watched Stoke when they got promoted. Every transfer window they would add one decent player( what used to be a £5m player, more like a £10m player now). So over the years they replaced most of their squad. I dont know what the fk our plan was.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 9:06]

Its just a ride...

Reality check - Outside perspective on 09:12 - Dec 18 with 1040 viewsWarwickHunt

Reality check - Outside perspective on 01:40 - Dec 18 by USA

I did get to see Swans play last year under the old coach...I didn't see any games under his regime this year. If you want to throw shit at me because I'm American go ahead. I'm certainly not going to judge the Welsh by your posts on here. I do question the ability of some of you to objectively judge the talent on your squad. I admit the same bias when judging Bradley...I want him to do well. Fulton and Mawson weren't playing prior to Bradley and I think the lineup that's been taking the field the last few games is the best he can do right now. If the shit goal at Everton wouldn't have happened I don't think the situation would be as dire as it is now.

If after the transfer window (and Bob is still there) you don't see a change in points taken, then that's on Bob. I'll come back on here and kindly kiss your ass.

Don't like my comment on marking up, then you are blind. I've seen plenty of shitty D in MLS where defenders are flat foote and slow to react...I'm capable of breaking down a goal sequence and assigning blame. Time and time again...Swansea defenders aren't reacting to the cross and at the very least putting a body on the man. There are plenty of examples. It's not an attack on Swansea...it's a condemnation of the D. I think Mawson will be a good defensive EPL player long term and his coolness on the ball is evident....but even he has been culpable on a couple.

I'm rooting for you. Again, Sunderland were shit last year...I watched every game. Alerdyce is a good coach and England tried to make him the national team coach. Even he had issues with a weak squad. Bradley hasn't lost the players...he's lost the fans. Keep shitting on him...I hope he keeps your guys up in spite of you...

He lost the players in the first training session when he "coached" a squad of mainly internationals how to pass a ball five yards using their ...wait for it...instep. Wow!

This is under-11 stuff. Apt, as it appears to be his level.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 10:00]
Reality check - Outside perspective on 09:15 - Dec 18 with 1032 viewsjack247

Reality check - Outside perspective on 01:40 - Dec 18 by USA

You are spot on about the defending. We aren't defending as a unit at all. That is Bradley's fault. Under Guidolin we conceded 3 against Liverpool and Man City. Under Bob we concede 3 against more or less everyone. Worse than the comic defending is that under Bob, as soon as we go behind the players heads drop instantly.

They may respect him as a man, but I doubt they respect him as a football man. Most of those players are used to working with genuine quality managers. They should be professional, but it's human nature to be deflated if you know your boss is going to be out thought most weeks.
Reality check - Outside perspective on 09:16 - Dec 18 with 977 viewsjasper_T

Reality check - Outside perspective on 08:59 - Dec 18 by Headmaster

It's all very simple. The squad is poor and we were terrible under Guidolin. Towards the end, there were signs of improvement.

Bradley comes in and makes things worse, particularly the defence. So the players have gone from playing poorly to playing really poorly under Bob.

The home match against Man Utd and the away match against Leicester last season shows you that the only constant is the poor quality of the squad. Sacking Bob is a must, but so is replacing the players.

Guidolin's terrible run only lasted a few games (one robbery and some really tough fixtures made up the rest of the run), he still delivered top 10 form with almost the same group this calendar year. The football was dire most of the time but it got points out of football matches.

Would have kept us up without doubt.

But the rot would have continued eating away at the club, maybe it's best we go down now?
Reality check - Outside perspective on 09:20 - Dec 18 with 962 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Reality check - Outside perspective on 09:12 - Dec 18 by WarwickHunt

He lost the players in the first training session when he "coached" a squad of mainly internationals how to pass a ball five yards using their ...wait for it...instep. Wow!

This is under-11 stuff. Apt, as it appears to be his level.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 10:00]

I still can't actually believe that happened. But it did, caught on video.

Maybe we could keep him as skills coach for the under 11's?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Reality check - Outside perspective on 09:23 - Dec 18 with 957 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

We were miles better under a different manager - end of debate.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Reality check - Outside perspective on 09:35 - Dec 18 with 926 viewsDarran

Do you like Cheap Trick?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Reality check - Outside perspective on 09:43 - Dec 18 with 907 viewsdameedna

Reality check - Outside perspective on 09:23 - Dec 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

We were miles better under a different manager - end of debate.

We may have been but that manager played defensively and had Williams and Ayew on the pitch. In my view big difference. We were dire at Southampton.
Reality check - Outside perspective on 09:45 - Dec 18 with 896 viewsShonky

Reality check - Outside perspective on 09:43 - Dec 18 by dameedna

We may have been but that manager played defensively and had Williams and Ayew on the pitch. In my view big difference. We were dire at Southampton.

The difference being we were terrible but only conceded one goal. Now we are looking ok and conceding three
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 9:45]

Its just a ride...

Reality check - Outside perspective on 09:57 - Dec 18 with 861 viewsicecoldjack

Plenty of posters hitting the Nail on the head here.

We can all see Bob is out of his depth, the players probably saw it much much sooner.
They probably like him but also know he will do nothing to enhance their careers.

It's the reason most seem to have a sense of apathy when we conceed,almost like it was to be expected anyway.

Most of our players will be leaving a foot out of the tackle as they get their agents to plan exit stratagies , the loss of focus we are seeing is the players losing faith in the manager and thinking about the future not the present.

Players are selfish, they can see Bob is not up to it, therefore that extra 5% needed to compete has gone missing.
He needs to go now, its killing SCFC .
Reality check - Outside perspective on 10:01 - Dec 18 with 857 viewsdameedna

Reality check - Outside perspective on 09:45 - Dec 18 by Shonky

The difference being we were terrible but only conceded one goal. Now we are looking ok and conceding three
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 9:45]

Er, yes
Conceding 3 is against the grain.
Something is not right.
Next 2 games are vitak.
6 points in the bag.
Reality check - Outside perspective on 10:11 - Dec 18 with 843 viewsphact0rri

This is not a knock on the USA, I live here as does my immediate family. And where I have many gripes about the way things are done here (I know lets keep out of politics), I do appreciate this country and all the things I've been able to do because I am an american citizen (honestly I don't know how I got such easy citizenship here).

But when it comes to Football (soccer) the way the sport is approached playing in the US and playing in the UK are much different. When you talk of funadmentals, in Britan you are taught the backbone of a side is the defence. Even as a child you know how important shape is, and how the ball is to progress the pitch. yes Strikers are the media darlings, but that is not represenative to how the game is approached.

In the US, its very much scoring goals. you are taught to get the ball in the oppositions box as quickly as possible, as the most important thing. You are told the funadementals are short one-two touches and trying to progress the ball usually through the left and right channels.

And you might know that its different between the countries, but when we talk "fundamentals" in the UK were talking about knowing how to defend and how to hold the ball, how to keep posession and how to control a match. Moving the ball forward and scoring goals are not fundamentals. They are skills that win matches.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Reality check - Outside perspective on 10:16 - Dec 18 with 829 viewsTheCooler

Hi, I can see you are trying to be objective and like most are praying that BB does turn it round, like you I believe the January transfer window will be his Last Stand. Tell me though, in your opinion, do we have in Kaplan and Levien a Hicks and Gillett or JW Henry?
JW appears to have given Liverpool a lift, top4, one of the best managers in Europe and a fantastic squad. Klopp's prime qualities include the appetite he has for engaging with the fans, BB is on the back foot here and the void between him and the fans is going to take some filling. Kaplan and Levien appear to have exceptional cv's and have enjoyed huge business success. Surely if they have that much faith in BB they would do more to protect him and not hang him out to dry?
I also agree with you on defenders, the WBA game was a joke, played really well 1st half and completely undone by the same player with the same ball into the box, no one near him, I honestly believe ash would have dealt with that, he wouldn't have got a second header let alone 3rd.
For every supporter at the club I want the January window to deliver for BB and the team to survive another season. I don't care what nationality the coach is as long as he does the business. Reality is that anyone in the bottom half, from 10th down could be in the relegation mix.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024