Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These were the managers available after Guidolin was sacked 14:17 - Dec 18 with 3275 viewsMyFinalHeaven

I made this list myself. All of the following were out of a job and available when Guidolin was sacked and Bradley was appointed on October 3.

1. Laurent Blanc

2. Rudi Garcia

3. Guus Hiddink

4. Roberto Mancini

5. Marcelino

6. Harry Redknapp

7. Frank Rijkaard

8. Alejandro Sabella

9. Bernd Schuster

10. Andre Villas-Boas

11. Louis van Gaal

12. Vítor Pereira

13. Marco Silva

14. Stefano Pioli

(AVB, Pioli, Pereira, and Rudi Garcia have all since found jobs.)

As you can see, there was no less than 14--yes, 14--top class managers available. How we fvcking ended up appointing Bob Bradley of all people is an absolute travesty and it seriously boggles the mind beyond words.

How, from the entire pool of managerial free agents, we ended up interviewing only Paul Clement, Ryan fvcking Giggs, Marcelino, and Bradley is almost as appalling. Just like in the transfer market, the people in charge of us have absolutely no idea of who's available and what the current landscape is.

Our leadership have made some monumental fvck ups over the years (huge understatement), but this was just downright disgusting.

NOTE: Before someone says something like "a guy like Blanc would have never wanted to manage us" please know that Louis van Gaal went from managing Ajax, Barcelona, and the Dutch NT to AZ Alkmaar (and for 4 years no less), Arrigo Sacchi, went from AC Milan, the Italian IT, and Atletico Madrid to Parma, and Rafa Benitez went from managing Liverpool, Inter, Chelsea, and Real Madrid to a Newcastle side that was sitting in 19th in March and all but destined for relegation. It's absolutely possible for smaller clubs and clubs embroiled in relegation battles to get world class managers.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2016 9:44]

Come on you Swans.

These were the managers available after Guidolin was sacked on 08:47 - Dec 19 with 696 viewssomersetsimon

By 'available', you mean without a club at the time. How many of those would have realistically accepted an offer from us?
These were the managers available after Guidolin was sacked on 08:51 - Dec 19 with 695 viewssomersetsimon

These were the managers available after Guidolin was sacked on 15:26 - Dec 18 by Jokeren1943

Remember the talk when Monk became manager, the talk about having a "Plan B".

"Plan B" eat "Plan A" in Swanseas case.

My worries is if Swansea wanna return to their own distinct style and if so, when they wanna implement it again.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 15:33]

I'd love us to get back to the way we used to play, but who gets to decide that?
Let's say Jenkins does leave, does the Trust, as a shareholder, get a say in the playing philosophy of the team?
These were the managers available after Guidolin was sacked on 09:32 - Dec 19 with 661 viewsLoyal

These were the managers available after Guidolin was sacked on 14:21 - Dec 18 by Dr_Winston

How many of the above would tolerate Huw Jenkins and David Leadbeater sourcing and signing all their players for them?

That is why we ended up with someone like Bradley.

Has been the problem ever since Huw saw himself as player recruitment maestro.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

These were the managers available after Guidolin was sacked on 09:46 - Dec 19 with 646 viewsRancid

I don't think any of those after an intial meeting with Huw Jenkins would fancy the job.Unless Huw lied and made promises he couldn't keep, which we all know he doesn't do.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 9:48]
These were the managers available after Guidolin was sacked on 09:58 - Dec 19 with 631 viewsWarwickHunt

These were the managers available after Guidolin was sacked on 09:46 - Dec 19 by Rancid

I don't think any of those after an intial meeting with Huw Jenkins would fancy the job.Unless Huw lied and made promises he couldn't keep, which we all know he doesn't do.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 9:48]

I think the "interviews" were a formality anyway - Bradley was lined up by the new owners to take over as soon as FG had a bad run.

They must have spaffed in their shorts when they saw the early fixtures.
These were the managers available after Guidolin was sacked on 10:05 - Dec 19 with 617 viewscrix

These were the managers available after Guidolin was sacked on 09:58 - Dec 19 by WarwickHunt

I think the "interviews" were a formality anyway - Bradley was lined up by the new owners to take over as soon as FG had a bad run.

They must have spaffed in their shorts when they saw the early fixtures.

I have a feeling that was pretty much the true scenario too.
I got a feeling they had bob lined up to take over during the closed season, but hj panicked when the takeover seemed to stall and gave fg a new contract screwing up the American plans.
These were the managers available after Guidolin was sacked on 12:11 - Dec 19 with 561 viewsDafyddHuw

These were the managers available after Guidolin was sacked on 14:36 - Dec 18 by Concerned_Parent

yeah i seriously don't know how we could have interviewed someone like Marcelino and not given him the job over those 3 muppets

in successive seasons the guy freaking got Villarreal promoted, lead them to 6th, and then lead them to 4th. Even more impressive is that he did it on a shoestring budget. The fact that we decided not to appoint one of the best young managers in the game is a disgrace

His English wasn't good enough, mun.
Him and Pottechino, both failures.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024