Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New manager 14:42 - Dec 28 with 7150 viewspremierjack

After some talks, The boards first choice is ....

Klinsmann!
New manager on 16:28 - Dec 28 with 1298 viewsLeonWasGod

New manager on 14:53 - Dec 28 by londonlisa2001

Klinsmann has come in on the betting today.

Having said that, there is a rumour that Rodgers is being spoken to, although his odds are miles out which suggests that's nonsense.

I think that rather shows that the odds are nonsense. Rodgers would be a perfectly understandable move. I've never understood why people pay so much attention to betting odds.
New manager on 16:31 - Dec 28 with 1275 viewsDafyddHuw

New manager on 16:24 - Dec 28 by londonlisa2001

That bit didn't bother me (him leaving us for Liverpool I mean).

Never been worried about that sort of stuff - same with Roberto.

I was more concerned that he wouldn't come here last January - thought it showed a lack of confidence in his own ability, and I thought Guidolin should be given the chance to build a team.

In hindsight of course, Guidolin was given no chance to build his own team.

That's bollocks. I remember reading your posts at the time - you were pretty much saying that he bottled coming back here. I don't think he even got invited, did he?

Anyway, you tart it up as much as you like - when it comes to Brendan you're just totally one-eyed. I remember being so disappointed with your posts about him, because you're normally pretty close to the mark.

But hey-ho, we all have our blind spots.
New manager on 16:32 - Dec 28 with 1264 viewsjruss1

Sometimes they can be an indicator. When Rodgers first got the job, he went from 20/1 to odds on favorite in the span of a few hours and there was no press links at all. But it's not always the case.

Right now the bookies have no clue and are just re-acting to press stories.
New manager on 16:34 - Dec 28 with 1238 viewslondonlisa2001

New manager on 16:27 - Dec 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

No manager is given a chance to build a team. They work with the team built for them.

Rodgers was the perfect option for us in the Summer. A huge array of contacts in the game, a reputation known around the world which would attract players and somebody who Jenkins would trust to bring in players.

But because some people are still sulking that he left us for the second greatest team in British football, they would prefer to see Guidolin given further chances, despite him showing last season he was not up to the job.

Yes they are. Plenty are given that chance.

In your opinion. One that wasn't shared by Jenkins as an example otherwise he would have been appointed.

I've never sulked about a manager leaving us. I don't care. It's a job to them, nothing more.

And last season Guidolin didn't show he wasn't up to the job.
New manager on 16:40 - Dec 28 with 1199 viewsjack247

New manager on 16:27 - Dec 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

No manager is given a chance to build a team. They work with the team built for them.

Rodgers was the perfect option for us in the Summer. A huge array of contacts in the game, a reputation known around the world which would attract players and somebody who Jenkins would trust to bring in players.

But because some people are still sulking that he left us for the second greatest team in British football, they would prefer to see Guidolin given further chances, despite him showing last season he was not up to the job.

What more would you have wanted him to do last season? He took us from the verge of the relegation zone to 12th with a shit squad.

Rodgers would have been brilliant but it was never going to happen, he would have (quite understandably) wanted a decent transfer kitty.
New manager on 16:43 - Dec 28 with 1188 viewswaynekerr55

Ah yes, good ol' Jurgen, the man that made a total pig's ear of the Bayern job.

Before anyone says anything international management and club management are totally different beasts. See Scolari and Coleman for examples of this.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

New manager on 16:48 - Dec 28 with 1148 viewslondonlisa2001

New manager on 16:31 - Dec 28 by DafyddHuw

That's bollocks. I remember reading your posts at the time - you were pretty much saying that he bottled coming back here. I don't think he even got invited, did he?

Anyway, you tart it up as much as you like - when it comes to Brendan you're just totally one-eyed. I remember being so disappointed with your posts about him, because you're normally pretty close to the mark.

But hey-ho, we all have our blind spots.

I just said that I wasn't bothered he left us in the first place but I was bothered that he refused to come here in January. I was clarifying. And yes, I believe he did get asked in January and he turned it down. That to me showed a lack of bottle. And I didn't see why we would appoint someone with a lack of bottle over someone who had showed plenty of bottle to come to us when we were in the crap last January.

I'm not one eyed over any manager (other than I said Bradley would be utter crap the second he was appointed). I am one of the few that isn't bothered by Roberto. I am definitely not as enamoured with Brendan as some on here are though - I thought he became a complete ar*e during our first season and carried that on while he was with Liverpool. Haven't seen anything of him this season, so don't know whether he's calmed it down a bit.
New manager on 16:49 - Dec 28 with 1139 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Dutch lad de boer is a big target , rumours in holland are rife .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

New manager on 16:54 - Dec 28 with 1081 viewsDafyddHuw

New manager on 16:48 - Dec 28 by londonlisa2001

I just said that I wasn't bothered he left us in the first place but I was bothered that he refused to come here in January. I was clarifying. And yes, I believe he did get asked in January and he turned it down. That to me showed a lack of bottle. And I didn't see why we would appoint someone with a lack of bottle over someone who had showed plenty of bottle to come to us when we were in the crap last January.

I'm not one eyed over any manager (other than I said Bradley would be utter crap the second he was appointed). I am one of the few that isn't bothered by Roberto. I am definitely not as enamoured with Brendan as some on here are though - I thought he became a complete ar*e during our first season and carried that on while he was with Liverpool. Haven't seen anything of him this season, so don't know whether he's calmed it down a bit.

Why does turning us down show a lack of bottle? That's only in your head. How do you know what terms he was offered? Was he given a war-chest? Was he allowed to bring in his players or would HJ have been in charge of recruitment?

But never mind all the detail. He didn't come here because he bottled it. Because you say so. Righto.
New manager on 16:59 - Dec 28 with 1043 viewsGazzington

New manager on 16:49 - Dec 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

The Dutch lad de boer is a big target , rumours in holland are rife .

He has turned us down. I think Marcelino is the way to go.
New manager on 17:00 - Dec 28 with 1035 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

New manager on 16:40 - Dec 28 by jack247

What more would you have wanted him to do last season? He took us from the verge of the relegation zone to 12th with a shit squad.

Rodgers would have been brilliant but it was never going to happen, he would have (quite understandably) wanted a decent transfer kitty.

Hiow many games did we win when Guidolin was present last season?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

New manager on 17:02 - Dec 28 with 1030 viewsDarran

New manager on 17:00 - Dec 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Liverpool and Chelsea both put out shit sides against us too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New manager on 17:05 - Dec 28 with 1004 views34dfgdf54

New manager on 17:02 - Dec 28 by Darran

What?
New manager on 17:06 - Dec 28 with 1000 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

New manager on 17:02 - Dec 28 by Darran

And then add the games he managed this season. He did a truly awful job. Hoe he was people defending him is ludicrous. He did a terrible job and continued Garry's legacy of taking the club backwards.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

New manager on 17:06 - Dec 28 with 998 viewslondonlisa2001

New manager on 16:54 - Dec 28 by DafyddHuw

Why does turning us down show a lack of bottle? That's only in your head. How do you know what terms he was offered? Was he given a war-chest? Was he allowed to bring in his players or would HJ have been in charge of recruitment?

But never mind all the detail. He didn't come here because he bottled it. Because you say so. Righto.

It's an opinion mun. Same as every other post on the site. I think he bottled it. You don't.

Neither of us knows because the only one that knows is Brendan himself.
New manager on 17:07 - Dec 28 with 938 viewsjack247

New manager on 17:00 - Dec 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Ah, the old 'it was Curt' chestnut.

More than enough to have survived even without the points we picked up when he was in hospital. You're better than that.
New manager on 17:08 - Dec 28 with 937 viewsDarran

New manager on 17:05 - Dec 28 by 34dfgdf54

What?

What don't you understand?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New manager on 17:10 - Dec 28 with 907 viewsjack247

New manager on 17:06 - Dec 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

And then add the games he managed this season. He did a truly awful job. Hoe he was people defending him is ludicrous. He did a terrible job and continued Garry's legacy of taking the club backwards.

This season he did. I didn't agree with sacking him, but could understand it. You were talking about last summer. With hindsight I'm sure we wouldn't have appointed him or Bob. We wouldn't have got Rodgers either way
New manager on 17:10 - Dec 28 with 908 viewsgiantstoneater

What's Klinnsmans record like? he could be just as much of a risk as BB was. I hope they will conduct a few interviews and see what's out there time is of the essence though.
New manager on 17:11 - Dec 28 with 902 viewslondonlisa2001

New manager on 17:07 - Dec 28 by jack247

Ah, the old 'it was Curt' chestnut.

More than enough to have survived even without the points we picked up when he was in hospital. You're better than that.

No he's not.

Ask him how Van Gaal's 'revolution' is going at his beloved Man Utd.
New manager on 17:13 - Dec 28 with 881 viewswaynekerr55

New manager on 17:10 - Dec 28 by giantstoneater

What's Klinnsmans record like? he could be just as much of a risk as BB was. I hope they will conduct a few interviews and see what's out there time is of the essence though.

It's non existent.

Ask The Kaiser and Bayern what they think of him...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

New manager on 17:15 - Dec 28 with 873 viewsDafyddHuw

New manager on 17:06 - Dec 28 by londonlisa2001

It's an opinion mun. Same as every other post on the site. I think he bottled it. You don't.

Neither of us knows because the only one that knows is Brendan himself.

Yes I know it's an opinion. But opinions are based on something.
What do you base your opinion on that he bottled it?
New manager on 17:17 - Dec 28 with 865 viewsPawelAbbott

New manager on 17:10 - Dec 28 by giantstoneater

Klinsmann is generally viewed as completely inept and lacking any tactical ability whatsoever.
In America he is generally viewed as a disaster and way behind Bob Bradley in terms of managerial skill and experience.
He will probably be here for Saturday then
New manager on 17:17 - Dec 28 with 863 viewsgiantstoneater

New manager on 17:13 - Dec 28 by waynekerr55

It's non existent.

Ask The Kaiser and Bayern what they think of him...

Guess it's a no from me then!!
New manager on 17:19 - Dec 28 with 851 views34dfgdf54

New manager on 17:08 - Dec 28 by Darran

What don't you understand?

Liverpool and Chelsea played weakened teams against us.

What a load of boll0x.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024