Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday Supplement 09:46 - Jan 1 with 3577 viewsowainglyndwr

Saying what mess we are in, only Siggy is a decent player.
Every word that they are saying is true
Sunday Supplement on 12:33 - Jan 1 with 693 viewsLord_Bony

Could be 10 years or more until we go up again.

Let's not be naive here especially if the investors want their money back and a profit.

We could get.financially raped.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sunday Supplement on 12:36 - Jan 1 with 681 viewsDr_Winston

Sunday Supplement on 12:33 - Jan 1 by Lord_Bony

Let's not be naive here especially if the investors want their money back and a profit.

Or Clement could turn out to be the real deal and we'll bounce straight back up.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sunday Supplement on 12:38 - Jan 1 with 671 viewsdobjack2

Sunday Supplement on 12:12 - Jan 1 by Watchman

Attendances should not drop significantly however the club will have difficulty in attracting back all those fans they sheeite on in the prem season ticket give away just before the 1st season in the prem
People have long memories and some people are about to find out

Depends on how we are doing.

Season ticket renewals may drop and more people may change to buying tickets as and when or even turn up on the day.
Sunday Supplement on 12:39 - Jan 1 with 668 viewsWatchman

Sunday Supplement on 12:33 - Jan 1 by Lord_Bony

Already got their money back

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Sunday Supplement on 12:45 - Jan 1 with 630 viewsLord_Bony

The Championship is very competitive.this current squad would sit about mid table.

Lets see if our investors splash the cash in January. Then we ll know their intentions.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sunday Supplement on 12:57 - Jan 1 with 583 viewsjackofalltrades

Sunday Supplement on 10:03 - Jan 1 by TheFranchise

Cards on the table, I think we need relegation.

I'm going to get berated for this but we need to regroup, much like West Brom have done in the past.

Go down, get rid of the deadwood in playing staff, board members and reclaim our identity.

To survive now just delays the inevitable crash. We stay up, we still don't have the finances to replace all the players that need to go.

Our numbers aren't sustainable.

Go down, start using our lovely new academy to produce players for our team. Take a season or two to balance the books and then come back up and expand the stadium.

I agree 100% with this. The whole club - players, management, owners, Trust - has been allowed to deteriorate to such an extent that it cannot be recovered without relegation. We should be starting from now to build a squad that can compete in the Championship - frighteningly the current players are in the main not good enough for even that scrap. The worst thing we could do from this position is spend on even more highly paid mercenaries and saddle ourselves with huge debt. We need to accept the inevitable and just start again with the priority being to maintain Championship football. As things stand at the moment that would be some achievement.
Sunday Supplement on 13:01 - Jan 1 with 566 viewsawayjack

Sunday Supplement on 12:45 - Jan 1 by Lord_Bony

The Championship is very competitive.this current squad would sit about mid table.

Lets see if our investors splash the cash in January. Then we ll know their intentions.

IMO current squad - assuming Siggy moves on - would be bottom six /possibly relegated from championship. Dyer, Routs, Leon, Rangel another year older. You need pace in midfield, guts and strong leadership to do well in he championship. This squad has none of the above. We also couldn't afford the likes of Naughton, Cork and Fernadez, so even if championship is their true level, we'll offload all of the higher earners to pay back the yanks with parachute payments.
Sunday Supplement on 13:23 - Jan 1 with 507 viewsjackrabbit

Sunday Supplement on 12:45 - Jan 1 by Lord_Bony

I'm not so sure. I watched Villa v Leeds last week and was very unimpressed by the quality on show. I discussed it with my Villa-supporting golf pal yesterday and we agreed that even Swans or Hull would wipe the floor with either side. On the basis of that game there is a huge gulf between the 2 divisions. I go to Fulham occasionally with my neighbour who has a season ticket, and I watch Championship games fairly regularly, and it just consolidates that view of the difference in class between the divisions.

The sad thing about the Swans predicament is that we achieved PL stability around 2013, having survived the initial season and then the dreaded 'Second Season Syndrome'. That was the most difficult bit. Having achieved that, it was then a matter of building on that platform of stability, incrementally improving and consolidating year-on-year. Instead we lost our way and regressed badly, through poor decisions taken by the board. What a tragedy. What a waste.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024