Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In the Dark 17:08 - Jan 30 with 2054 viewsborntogo

By virtue of a local paper that sees its main duties as re-hashing what has already run on the club's website and tediously long match reports three days after the event, we're left with very little news or insight into our beloved club.

The club's official channels, while busy and enthusiastic, are bland and little better. Each week we arrive at the ground to discover so-and-so is injured or, as in the case with Josh Lillis on Saturday, out for a whole season.

I think most of us have got used to this by now but at other clubs websites and newspapers are buzzing with 'Return from Injury' or 'Out for a Month' stories. It means that unlike your average Daley they have at least an idea of what the starting X1 will be on a given Saturday.

Worse than the injury news black-out are the occasions when the club is duty bound to tell us what is going on but declines to do so. It's nearly three months now since Calvin Andrew's assault on Peter Clarke and none of us has a clue as to why this usually placid bloke acted so out of character.

I can understand that Keith Hill and the club might like this situation and could argue it works in the club's favour but as someone who travels the country often reading local papers, its a privilege afforded to no other manager. Besides, the benefits of keeping us all informed and, thus, interested, easily out-weighs the negatives.
In the Dark on 17:14 - Jan 30 with 2015 viewsdeeplishblue

Borntoavago

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

In the Dark on 17:17 - Jan 30 with 1995 views49thseason

The RO only continues to exist as a vehicle to con unwary advertisers out of thier hard earned.
In the Dark on 17:21 - Jan 30 with 1953 viewsrochdaleriddler

In the Dark on 17:17 - Jan 30 by 49thseason

The RO only continues to exist as a vehicle to con unwary advertisers out of thier hard earned.

Claims to be the heart of the community, but isn't even based in the town . Lost it's way when the fat paedo was outed
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 19:28]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

In the Dark on 17:22 - Jan 30 with 1948 viewsscarrow

Observer coverage of Dale is pitiful. Ripped off stories, out of date pics. Since the MEN got its claws into it it has gone down hill fast. Might as well close it.

Poll: Final position

In the Dark on 19:01 - Jan 30 with 1761 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I get all my information from the Ob and I find it insightful and topical. Very much looking forward to this Saurday's Cannon League Division 4 clash with Scarborough. Let's hope Beaumont's fit and Smart continues to be the consummate professional he is.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 19:06]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

In the Dark on 19:26 - Jan 30 with 1684 viewsSuddenLad

Stopped buying th'Observer a good while ago. Unless you want to know who has 'snuffed it', there's nothing in it that you can't read on-line from better sources and days earlier.

The coverage of Dale is abysmal. Is Dagnall still injured ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

In the Dark on 19:29 - Jan 30 with 1653 viewsTVOS1907

In the Dark on 19:26 - Jan 30 by SuddenLad

Stopped buying th'Observer a good while ago. Unless you want to know who has 'snuffed it', there's nothing in it that you can't read on-line from better sources and days earlier.

The coverage of Dale is abysmal. Is Dagnall still injured ?

The problem will come when you read your own name in th'obituaries, SL!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

In the Dark on 19:31 - Jan 30 with 1628 viewsSuddenLad

In the Dark on 19:29 - Jan 30 by TVOS1907

The problem will come when you read your own name in th'obituaries, SL!

That's the day that I won't bother getting out of bed !

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024