Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton to be promoted v Bury? 08:43 - Apr 13 with 1932 viewsSandyDrum

This is going to sound like an 'obsessed' thread but thought it was worth mentioning.

Unless Fleetwood, Bradford and Scunthorpe all lose and Bolton win this weekend, then Bolton are probably going to get promoted against Bury on Tuesday night.

Could be a fun atmosphere at the Macron if so

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Bolton to be promoted v Bury? on 08:58 - Apr 13 with 1899 viewsColDale

As an aside to that, it's a poor do for them that both bank holiday games have been switched to evening kick offs.
Bolton to be promoted v Bury? on 09:28 - Apr 13 with 1850 viewsBarryStrange

Bolton to be promoted v Bury? on 08:58 - Apr 13 by ColDale

As an aside to that, it's a poor do for them that both bank holiday games have been switched to evening kick offs.

As a Bury fan living in London, the moving of both games now means I can't do either. Thank you so much GMP.
Bolton to be promoted v Bury? on 10:01 - Apr 13 with 1787 viewsTVOS1907

Bolton to be promoted v Bury? on 09:28 - Apr 13 by BarryStrange

As a Bury fan living in London, the moving of both games now means I can't do either. Thank you so much GMP.

It's my understanding that tonight's game was moved at the request of bury FC in order to reduce police costs with the game now not taking place on a Bank Holiday.

The Bolton game has probably been moved to a Tuesday night from a Bank Holiday because some fans can't behave themselves properly.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 11:50]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bolton to be promoted v Bury? on 10:37 - Apr 13 with 1713 viewsD_BFC

I know a few Bury fans who aren't going to Bolton for the reasons outlined in the OP (although £26 a ticket probably helped the decision). I imagine if we don't get a positive result tonight then a few more will follow.

When the fixtures first game out I thought at least one of the games would be moved and I was hoping tonight's game may have been moved to Friday lunchtime but the last post makes sense about the need to keep Bank Holiday costs down.

Slightly surprised at the Bolton one being moved - the Macron has hosted much more high profile games and away followings in recent years than the IRS!
Bolton to be promoted v Bury? on 11:30 - Apr 13 with 1636 viewsScunnydale

Bolton to be promoted v Bury? on 10:37 - Apr 13 by D_BFC

I know a few Bury fans who aren't going to Bolton for the reasons outlined in the OP (although £26 a ticket probably helped the decision). I imagine if we don't get a positive result tonight then a few more will follow.

When the fixtures first game out I thought at least one of the games would be moved and I was hoping tonight's game may have been moved to Friday lunchtime but the last post makes sense about the need to keep Bank Holiday costs down.

Slightly surprised at the Bolton one being moved - the Macron has hosted much more high profile games and away followings in recent years than the IRS!

There's something wonderful about the Bury hooligans going by the acronym the IRS.
Bolton to be promoted v Bury? on 13:01 - Apr 13 with 1512 viewsParkinsGimp

Surely Bolton werent worried about those skooligans were they? ha ha they are a bloody embarrasment
Bolton to be promoted v Bury? on 13:04 - Apr 13 with 1503 viewsKenBoon

I cannot go tonight because they've stupidly moved it to a Thursday night. I think the excuse is it's cheaper to police at night rather than the Friday. Do rozzers still get paid more money for working on public holidays? Otherwise I don't see how it could possibly be cheaper to police a night game.
Bolton to be promoted v Bury? on 14:10 - Apr 13 with 1378 viewsBarryStrange

Bolton to be promoted v Bury? on 10:01 - Apr 13 by TVOS1907

It's my understanding that tonight's game was moved at the request of bury FC in order to reduce police costs with the game now not taking place on a Bank Holiday.

The Bolton game has probably been moved to a Tuesday night from a Bank Holiday because some fans can't behave themselves properly.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 11:50]

It's not my understanding but I doubt if either of us know the reality. After all it was originally scheduled for Saturday so they could have kept it off a Bank Holiday without the crowd being affected, which it will be by moving to a Thursday.

Particularly since we aren't playing again til Tuesday anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

Bolton to be promoted v Bury? on 14:22 - Apr 13 with 1354 viewsTVOS1907

Bolton to be promoted v Bury? on 14:10 - Apr 13 by BarryStrange

It's not my understanding but I doubt if either of us know the reality. After all it was originally scheduled for Saturday so they could have kept it off a Bank Holiday without the crowd being affected, which it will be by moving to a Thursday.

Particularly since we aren't playing again til Tuesday anyway.

... but we're playing on Monday and almost everyone else is playing on Friday.

Maybe I should have reworded 'my understanding' to 'that's the actual reason as decided last July'.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024