Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa 10:43 - May 12 with 7113 viewsthereisnospoon

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4497662/Arbeloa-heading-West-H

I seriously don't get why Jenkins is so obsessed with signing the same players that he targeted years ago. No club has more of the same targets from window to window than us. And it doesn't matter how old and washed up that player gets. It's like Jenkins is impervious to time or something. We were first linked with Arbeloa in 2014:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-face-comp

Ridiculous. This summer it's absolutely essential that we get a new right back to replace that sack of crap Naughton. But Alvaro freaking Arbeloa is not the answer.
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 13:10 - May 12 with 1557 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:55 - May 12 by icecoldjack

Fair points but we don't have a proven scouting network of note, which is why a lot of our signings have been paint by numbers steady eddy types or agents dangling "free transfer" deals that in truth cost an absolute fortune .

90% of what you mention are continental teams signing continental players, the price gets ramped up almost double when prem teams come calling.

Of course there will be decent players out there for decent money, but we have a track record of not finding them !

Trippier is an interesting one, he has made just 13 appearences for Spurs in 2 yrs, Kyle was getting a lot more than that ! 42 in fact so could he really be classed as an upgrade?

Hopefully we will sign a fantastic player cheap as chips but factor in location (swansea) wages, and transfer fee to a premier league club and we will be lucky to get an upgrade for under £5m .

Just my opinion but i honestly hope your correct and im wrong !

Trippier has struggled for game time due to the fact that his competition is the best right back in the league (Walker). Every time he's been given a start though he's been absolutely excellent. If and when Walker gets sold he'll be a great replacement for him.

Come on you Swans.

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 13:10 - May 12 with 1557 viewswaynekerr55

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:25 - May 12 by nantywatcher

And would any of that lot fancied moving to Swansea? I think I can answer that one myself.

Well, given the money we've dished out for decidedly lower quality don't rule it out. But a fair and reasonable point

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 13:12 - May 12 with 1555 viewsmagicdaps10

Have not read all the posts and sorry if this has been stated already.

I think it is the case of the media putting 2&2 together on the fact that Clement was with him at Real Madrid and assuming he might want to stay in the premier league.
We need a right back but we need a far more energetic full back that this chap.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 13:34 - May 12 with 1537 viewsDarran

If we signed a 34 year old the majority of thick cuńts in here would go mental.
If there'd been a rumour last summer that we were making enquiries about Ibrahimović most of the brainiacs on here would have gone mental because he's too old.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 13:40 - May 12 with 1525 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Our defence is not brilliant, however it is not the reason we have struggled this season. Our defence have been given very little help by the defensive midfielder playing in front of them for most of the season.

When Jack Cork decides to dive into tackles 15 yards in the opponents half or not track players running beyond him, it puts our defenders in a lose-lose situation. Either run out of defence like Fernandez likes to do or back off and hope they miss.

Purchasing an excellent defensive midfielder should be the priority. Once that is done, then we can think about upgrading on the likes of Naughton.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 13:43 - May 12 with 1527 viewswaynekerr55

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 13:34 - May 12 by Darran

If there'd been a rumour last summer that we were making enquiries about Ibrahimović most of the brainiacs on here would have gone mental because he's too old.

And he's only got one leg...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 13:45 - May 12 with 1522 viewsDarran

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 13:43 - May 12 by waynekerr55

And he's only got one leg...

Exactly.

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 14:27 - May 12 with 1495 viewsicecoldjack

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 13:10 - May 12 by MyFinalHeaven

Trippier has struggled for game time due to the fact that his competition is the best right back in the league (Walker). Every time he's been given a start though he's been absolutely excellent. If and when Walker gets sold he'll be a great replacement for him.

I'not seen enough of Spurs to know if he'd be great or not, but i thought i did read that Pochitino <sp> would be happy to let Walker leave because he feels he has good back up, that must mean trippier ?

The exception rather than the rule maybe?

I just don't think we'd be signing much better than Naughton for less than £5m , i'd be more than happy if we do though . Can't really think of the last time we were ahead of the curve on transfers, Mawson is a great prospect and improving by the game but it's been a trail by fire for him and he could've easily sunk not swam , A gamble that payed off by throwing him in .
Login to get fewer ads

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 14:44 - May 12 with 1486 viewsmagicdaps10

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 13:34 - May 12 by Darran

Arbeloa is hardly Ibrahimovic.

Now, on another note........i would be happy enough if we signed 36yr old John Terry.

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 14:46 - May 12 with 1485 viewsDarran

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 14:44 - May 12 by magicdaps10

Arbeloa is hardly Ibrahimovic.

Now, on another note........i would be happy enough if we signed 36yr old John Terry.

I didn't say he was thicky.

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 15:35 - May 12 with 1460 viewsmagicdaps10

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 14:46 - May 12 by Darran

I didn't say he was thicky.

No you didnt but i am telling you that he is not,dopey.
[Post edited 12 May 2017 15:36]

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 19:41 - May 12 with 1403 viewsKilkennyjack

Great news for our Academy, if true ....

Beware of the Risen People

(edit: phone fackup) on 23:43 - May 12 with 1354 viewsNirvana

Just as a matter of reference, has anyone on here actually seen Arbeloa play recently? Meaning the past several seasons?

If you have, you're in the minority. In the extreme. The guy has played just 9 league games total the past two seasons, and he has looked every bit the 34-year old in those. I guess he wouldn't necessarily make a bad squad option if he came on a free with low wages, but he shouldn't be anywhere near a list of summer targets for us. He WAS a good fullback. He is not anymore, and we already have a 35-year old model.

We need a pacy, attacking right back like Olsson is on the left, only five years younger. The answer here for me would be Capa from Eibar. He would probably cost £5m or less, Jenkins' favorite number, and maybe we can work out a player swap. Borja returns to Eibar, we get Capa + £5m?

Probably the best we could get for him at this point, and should sew up a massively important and problematic position for us.
[Post edited 12 May 2017 23:45]
(edit: phone fackup) on 02:01 - May 13 with 1321 viewsMyFinalHeaven

(edit: phone fackup) on 23:43 - May 12 by Nirvana

Just as a matter of reference, has anyone on here actually seen Arbeloa play recently? Meaning the past several seasons?

If you have, you're in the minority. In the extreme. The guy has played just 9 league games total the past two seasons, and he has looked every bit the 34-year old in those. I guess he wouldn't necessarily make a bad squad option if he came on a free with low wages, but he shouldn't be anywhere near a list of summer targets for us. He WAS a good fullback. He is not anymore, and we already have a 35-year old model.

We need a pacy, attacking right back like Olsson is on the left, only five years younger. The answer here for me would be Capa from Eibar. He would probably cost £5m or less, Jenkins' favorite number, and maybe we can work out a player swap. Borja returns to Eibar, we get Capa + £5m?

Probably the best we could get for him at this point, and should sew up a massively important and problematic position for us.
[Post edited 12 May 2017 23:45]

Capa's great, but who I really want from Eibar is Sergi Enrich. He was Borja's strike partner last season and spent a lot of games on the bench when Borja was the lone striker up front. Despite that he still managed a great goal and assist output, and with Borja gone this season he's been absolutely sensational. Me thinks we signed the wrong striker from Eibar :(

Come on you Swans.

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 02:59 - May 13 with 1303 viewsdameedna

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:26 - May 12 by nantywatcher

"This summer it's absolutely essential that we get a new right back to replace that sack of crap Naughton."
There are some real first class morons on this site, and you probably tell people you're a fan - FFS!
The last 3 games Naughton has hardly put a foot wrong, the longer this current back four play together the stronger they will get. I wrote on here back in November that the FF/AM partnership was our best option but it needed time to bed in, and I'm saying here and now that KN is more than good enough to be first choice next season.

Sack of crap. Imagine being a young premier league right back being called that by a supporter. Sack of crap. Used to play for Spurs. Kept a clean sheet against Everton. Should have done the same against manchesta united. Sack of crap. Dear me. Will be hoping for a howler against Sunderland to be proved right. Come on defoe run the sack of crap ragged.
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 15:50 - May 13 with 1210 viewsDr_Winston

Screamer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

(edit: phone fackup) on 23:23 - May 13 with 1131 viewsNirvana

(edit: phone fackup) on 02:01 - May 13 by MyFinalHeaven

Capa's great, but who I really want from Eibar is Sergi Enrich. He was Borja's strike partner last season and spent a lot of games on the bench when Borja was the lone striker up front. Despite that he still managed a great goal and assist output, and with Borja gone this season he's been absolutely sensational. Me thinks we signed the wrong striker from Eibar :(

I agree about Enrich and Borja, My Final Heaven. Borja is a finisher and not much else, and he hasn't even done that for us. Enrich is far more well-rounded and versatile, and has been really good for Eibar this season.

If Llorente gets sold, I think it'd be a good idea to inquire about Enrich's availability. He and Ayew up top together would be a great thing to watch, in my opinion, even if Siggy leaves too.

But honestly, I'd prefer to keep Llorente (unless we get £10m) and sign someone like Marcel Sabitzer and/or Sandro. Then we have three (Llorente-Ayew-Sabitzer/Sandro) legitimately different options to throw up top, and you can pair any two of them together.

We'd look very intimidating in attack again, especially if we kept Siggy. Do I think this will happen, though? Not on Jenkins' watch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024