Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Updated OS 08:12 - May 30 with 3888 viewsbatfink

Up and running
Updated OS on 09:13 - May 30 with 3825 viewsColDale

Looks good. Looks less cluttered / busy, and easier to navigate around. Needs to have the online club shop a bit more prominent - shouldn't be listed on a submenu. Mobile version looks good too.
Updated OS on 09:39 - May 30 with 3774 views442Dale

The stories on 'Latest News' could have been updated more for the "new" site. Definitely should be focusing on season tickets.

But yeah, much easier to read on mobile.

Edit: Club Shop is way to low down on that sub-menu on mobile version. People shouldn't have to go searching for it.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 9:42]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Updated OS on 09:40 - May 30 with 3769 viewsVivaDonaldo

As you say looks much cleaner and uncluttered and I agree that the club shop element is far too hidden. Would hope we have the option to specify this to be moved?

I also noticed the replacement for DalePlayer, iFollow, is an annual subscription only at £45. I seem to remember some people here showing concern that it was going direct debit only?
Updated OS on 12:58 - May 30 with 3557 viewsboromat

Updated OS on 09:40 - May 30 by VivaDonaldo

As you say looks much cleaner and uncluttered and I agree that the club shop element is far too hidden. Would hope we have the option to specify this to be moved?

I also noticed the replacement for DalePlayer, iFollow, is an annual subscription only at £45. I seem to remember some people here showing concern that it was going direct debit only?

Yes the iFollow looks better than initially advertised. I'm sure it was supposed to be a monthly direct debit scheme but seems an annual pass is £45 which is more expensive than DalePlayer but to have full match replays available to watch is pretty good.

Also it sounds as if all video interviews and highlights will now be free!!!!

Can any international fans let me know if it is £45 for your annual pass as well? I'm thinking it'd be great if I'm ever abroad and missing a game to be able to watch it live.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Updated OS on 22:57 - May 30 with 3190 viewsBazzanne

The cost of iFollow in Australia is $185 which is close to double the cost in UK. It will need thinking about for me.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 23:00]
Updated OS on 07:15 - May 31 with 3064 viewsRochblue

Updated OS on 22:57 - May 30 by Bazzanne

The cost of iFollow in Australia is $185 which is close to double the cost in UK. It will need thinking about for me.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 23:00]

I would assume this is because you're able to watch full matches which is a feature available to non-UK residents. Shame you don't have access to the cheaper UK version though (unless you try the VPN route).
Also appears the 'full matches' aren't available to view on a tablet or mobile yet, until they sort an app out.
Updated OS on 13:02 - May 31 with 2885 viewsupthedale

Updated OS on 07:15 - May 31 by Rochblue

I would assume this is because you're able to watch full matches which is a feature available to non-UK residents. Shame you don't have access to the cheaper UK version though (unless you try the VPN route).
Also appears the 'full matches' aren't available to view on a tablet or mobile yet, until they sort an app out.

What happens with a UK subscriber abroad then?

If someone buys the UK package then is on holiday for 2 weeks (say in Australia) would they have to go down a VPN route to access their own subscription?
Updated OS on 14:28 - May 31 with 2817 viewsboromat

Updated OS on 13:02 - May 31 by upthedale

If someone buys the UK package then is on holiday for 2 weeks (say in Australia) would they have to go down a VPN route to access their own subscription?

That's my thought or can I pay £45 go abroad and watch it live haha.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Updated OS on 07:00 - Jun 1 with 2659 viewsRochblue

Updated OS on 13:02 - May 31 by upthedale

Good question!

Last season I could access Dale Player from anywhere (Mexico, in this example), and would assume that would still be the case with a new UK subscription.

I can only assume that with the more expensive 'live match' subscription, a check would be made on your account upon launch, and live games would be unavailable in certain other countries, including the UK. Or that at least how I would design it.

But then, if all of the above was true, what would stop someone subscribing via VPN to the cheaper UK option if they lived abroad? Maybe it all works depending on what for of payment is used (cardholders address?). IMO, the £45 option should be available to everyone, without the live games if the subscriber wishes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024