Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. 22:16 - Aug 9 with 11399 viewsSwans777

Flynn, Martinez, Rodgers, Tate, Monk, Rangel, Britton, Trundle and a few more.
Great evening at the Liberty, made me feel proud to be a Jack, my friends. 👍
All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:54 - Aug 10 with 1711 viewsr0ckin

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:53 - Aug 10 by swancity

No they weren't . He'd lost it. Things were falling apart. Poor run of results, terrible games to watch, a squad who wanted to play differently. He was shown the door and he walked through it thankfully. And what happened straight away when RM came in was the most remarkable immediate change in results and playing style.

Haters gunna hate mate
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 17:54]

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:54 - Aug 10 with 1710 viewsmonmouth

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:51 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

We nearly got in the playoffs under him, or did you forget that?

It's noticeable that we 'nearly' got promoted from L1 under Jackett but it's laughable Martinez would get us to the prem when he nearly did.

I find this revisionism laughable at times, I think the question should have been would Martinez have kept us in the prem? That I'm not so sure because of his kamikaze approach.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 17:53]

We got in the playoffs under Martinez?? When did that happen?

Martinez would never have got us to the prem, and he knew it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:56 - Aug 10 with 1705 viewsswancity

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:54 - Aug 10 by monmouth

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:56 - Aug 10 with 1704 viewsr0ckin

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:54 - Aug 10 by Darran

Revisionism?

People are (have) being written out of our history.

Absolute tosh, he is part of our history but he is placed higher in the pecking order by *some* than I believe he should be.

I'd shake his hand, I was disgusted by the booing he received when he came back.

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:57 - Aug 10 with 1699 viewsSwans777

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:54 - Aug 10 by monmouth

That's ridiculous. We finished 8th under Martinez in the championship and the squad he had was only getting better.

Impossible to say 100%, but I'm confident Martinez would have got us up.
All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:58 - Aug 10 with 1698 viewsr0ckin

I edited that post before you mentioned it, we were goal difference away. That's pretty bloody close.

Yes, I believe he would have got us up but I'm not sure he would have been the man to keep us in the prem. It's all hypothetical anyway.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 18:00]

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:59 - Aug 10 with 1687 viewswaynekerr55

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:54 - Aug 10 by swancity

And who is Lynn Thomas btw

Huw Jenkins' best mate, sits next to him every game. So, respectfully, stop chatting shït because anyone who knows Lyn knows he isn't a bullshït merchant and I could tell he wasn't lying.

Would they have pulled the trigger further down the line, probably. But it hadn't got that far.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:00 - Aug 10 with 1684 viewsr0ckin

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:57 - Aug 10 by Swans777

That's ridiculous. We finished 8th under Martinez in the championship and the squad he had was only getting better.

Absolutely mate, spot on.

People were literally upset when he left, now they're trying to pretend he had taken us as far as he could. BS, with a capital B.

Peace

Login to get fewer ads

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:02 - Aug 10 with 1672 viewsDarran

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:59 - Aug 10 by waynekerr55

Huw Jenkins' best mate, sits next to him every game. So, respectfully, stop chatting shït because anyone who knows Lyn knows he isn't a bullshït merchant and I could tell he wasn't lying.

Would they have pulled the trigger further down the line, probably. But it hadn't got that far.

You know Lyn?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:02 - Aug 10 with 1671 viewsmonmouth

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:57 - Aug 10 by Swans777

I think he did a marvellous job for us, but his defensive total incompetence (which has killed him everywhere since, would never have got us out of the championship, any more than Kenny Jackett's (for different reasons) would have.

Much as i think he's a real snake, I think Martinez was the most significant manager we had in shaping our glory days, and I loved what he did here, but it took someone else to seal the deal, Martinez would never have done it.

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:02 - Aug 10 with 1671 viewsswancity

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:59 - Aug 10 by waynekerr55

Cobblers mate cobblers.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:02 - Aug 10 with 1670 viewsWarwickHunt

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:47 - Aug 10 by waynekerr55

You believe Flynn would have got is promoted. He was sacked the season after he kept us up.

Sousa is so over rated? So you don't think losing 40 goals from the season before and having Gonzo bringing in Beattie et al. and fortunately failing to bring Bayo in wasn't an achievement.

Martinez did a very good job but as shown now, without doubt the best manager to me was Brendan. Look at what he did with that squad in the first year. He got a tune out of Luke Moore and Leroy Lita!

This one?

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:03 - Aug 10 with 1664 viewsshandyjack

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:13 - Aug 10 by Swans777

Yes.

no chance, we couldn't defend for toffee under Martinez, took PS to tighten us up before we would go up

Poll: Expectation for the season

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:07 - Aug 10 with 1653 viewswaynekerr55

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:02 - Aug 10 by Darran

You know Lyn?

Yes. Top guy. He lost his wife about 8 or 9 years ago, didn't he?

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:07 - Aug 10 with 1650 viewswaynekerr55

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:02 - Aug 10 by swancity

Cobblers mate cobblers.

This isn't 1997 and Northampton Town have Fück all to do with this discussion 😂😂😂😂😂😂

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:09 - Aug 10 with 1646 viewsSwans777

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:00 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

Absolutely mate, spot on.

People were literally upset when he left, now they're trying to pretend he had taken us as far as he could. BS, with a capital B.

talk of him taking us as far as he could, is rubbish.
He left because Wigan were in the Premier league and financially Martinez would be set up for life.

Who could blame him ? A great pro during his time at Swansea and it was great to see him back last night.
All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:09 - Aug 10 with 1646 viewsDarran

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:07 - Aug 10 by waynekerr55

Yes. Top guy. He lost his wife about 8 or 9 years ago, didn't he?

Yes. I know him well from Baglan see. (Not originally)

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:11 - Aug 10 with 1639 viewsshandyjack

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:09 - Aug 10 by Swans777

talk of him taking us as far as he could, is rubbish.
He left because Wigan were in the Premier league and financially Martinez would be set up for life.

Who could blame him ? A great pro during his time at Swansea and it was great to see him back last night.

well i enjoyed booing the snake last night. Lost all my respect when he ripped the heart of our club out when he left and took everyone with him, and then Paulo came in and was handed crap to deal with and still managed to build a solid base for Brend to take over and take us on

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:20 - Aug 10 with 1627 viewsmonmouth

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:58 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

I edited that post before you mentioned it, we were goal difference away. That's pretty bloody close.

Yes, I believe he would have got us up but I'm not sure he would have been the man to keep us in the prem. It's all hypothetical anyway.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 18:00]

That was league 1 wasn't it? I agree though, he might have. I don't believe he had that critical defensive steel to do it, but who knows.

Anyway, I think the point stands, Jackett played a big role too, but his time had come. I remember watching us play Scunthorpe at home and thinking, this horse is flogged.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 18:21]

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:22 - Aug 10 with 1624 viewsr0ckin

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:11 - Aug 10 by shandyjack

well i enjoyed booing the snake last night. Lost all my respect when he ripped the heart of our club out when he left and took everyone with him, and then Paulo came in and was handed crap to deal with and still managed to build a solid base for Brend to take over and take us on

Booing him still, grow up mun

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:27 - Aug 10 with 1610 viewsGaryjack

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:22 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

Have to agree there. Nearly ten years on is a bit much!
All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:28 - Aug 10 with 1604 viewsshandyjack

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:22 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

f*** him

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:28 - Aug 10 with 1602 viewsDarran

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:28 - Aug 10 by shandyjack

f*** him

Well said.

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:34 - Aug 10 with 1593 viewsr0ckin

lol, thread concluded.

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 18:59 - Aug 10 with 1564 viewsJackFish

Definitely some revisionism going on re: Jackett and Flynn. If any manger worth their salt could have taken that team up why did they finish tenth under Flynn the previous season a million miles from the playoffs and why was he sacked? Undoubtedly him and Reeves brought in some incredible players for us, but as a manager he wasn't great.

Also complete nonsense that we played dour football under Jackett, the first season at the Liberty we beat Bristol City 7-1, Chesterfield 5-1 and 4-0, Walsall 5-2, won away at the two automatically promoted teams and Forest... as has been said, it was time for him to leave when he did, and what Martinez did afterwards was obviously incredible, but to pass Kenny (and Sousa) off as not having contributed anything is nonsense.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024