Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Knows 11:07 - Aug 20 with 2383 viewsBoss_Hog

I have just listened to the interview with KH after yesterday and I'm glad he has used phrases like "defensively poor." His whole demeanour tells me he went away from that ground yesterday thinking exactly the same as me and that is "what have I just witnessed?"

The second-half saw us start with what I consider our first-choice back four and I expect going forward to see Raff back in his rightful position and Canavan not featuring much. The latter, along with Ntithe, were extremely poor yesterday and gave me, the rest of the travelling fans and their teammates the jitters every time they went near the ball. The distribution of our keeper, who made some fantastic saves by the way, didn't help them as they aren't comfortable in possession and got us into trouble when the ball should have been 60 yards further down the field; architects of our own downfall yesterday I am afraid.

The second Shrews goal before half-time was embarrassing beyond belief. I don't like to single players out but watch McNulty and offer an explanation as to his thought process as play builds up towards our game. He has nobody to mark, so therefore either go to the ball or drop off and help Canavan. He does neither, doesn't prevent the cross and our fragility at the back is exposed.

KH knows that we have issues defensively and he will sort it. He always does, so keep the faith and let's stuff Bury next week. They have much bigger issues than we do and have spent a small fortune to acquire them as well.

Oh and final thought on the referee. I thought he had a tough day at the office and I was convinced the Shrewsbury penalty was a cracking tackle but angles can be deceptive and he got it 100% right. Same can be said for the other two penalties as well I might add.

Up The Dale!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 12:07]
Keith Knows on 11:10 - Aug 20 with 2355 viewsTVOS1907

I do hope that's a deliberate mis-spelling of our left-back's name!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Keith Knows on 11:12 - Aug 20 with 2337 viewsfitzochris

It would be good to hear Keith's thoughts on the defence as a whole. The fact he said he was going to start with Brown scares the sh*t out of me.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024