Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread 19:53 - Aug 23 with 35382 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 14:51]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:32 - Aug 26 with 2775 viewsLoyal

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:29 - Aug 26 by Swan91

I think it is decent to be honest... VDH might do much better with 2 other CB's with him.. good to see Clucas play so fast.. and I think Fer could do well in the AM role.. hopefully can link with the 2 attackers in todays game.

as we saw with the Man Utd game changing the formation instead of using VDH is not really a good thing... so will look forward to see how he does.. the manager sees something in him so lets see.

VDH and Clucas ...
Should have started with Mesa at least.
Still, game on.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:33 - Aug 26 with 2743 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

In the last league game, our defenders or midfielders would be under pressure with the ball and Mesa would be walking around behind opposition players, not making himself available for a pass. He was the reason we were losing possession so often and he wasn't even in control of the ball. We had to resort to lumping it forward as he would rarely make himself available to pass to. It infuriated me. However, because he occasionally won a tackle it reminded some of our simpler fans of Leon and he was lauded over on here by many. It was baffling.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:38 - Aug 26 with 2715 viewsjasper_T

5 at the back against Palace...
The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:39 - Aug 26 with 2693 viewsHighjack

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:13 - Aug 26 by Al_Bundy

I can't even work out our formation !?!

3-5 -2 5-4-1 5-3-2 ??

That would be an excellent formation but we aren't allowed 30 players on the pitch.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:39 - Aug 26 with 2692 viewsSwan91

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:38 - Aug 26 by jasper_T

5 at the back against Palace...

not sure its 5.. would treat it more as 3.. the wing backs should be going forward pretty often.
The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:42 - Aug 26 with 2643 viewsjojaca

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:21 - Aug 26 by Loyal

This line up doesn't feel comfortable.
Hope I'm wrong but it's lacking for me.

This has got to be one of the worst looking line ups we have had in our Premiership era. Hope to be proven wrong?, but we don't have any gold dust quality in team anymore, just a bunch of footballers flirting with life in Premiership.

Even when you know, you never know?

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:43 - Aug 26 with 2607 viewsjasper_T

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:39 - Aug 26 by Swan91

not sure its 5.. would treat it more as 3.. the wing backs should be going forward pretty often.

It's Naughton and Olsson so I'm counting them as defenders. Modern wingback formations use at least one winger/quality attacker out wide (and usually a fullback as one of the three cbs).

PC gone very negative in setup.
The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:45 - Aug 26 with 2571 viewsjojaca

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:43 - Aug 26 by jasper_T

It's Naughton and Olsson so I'm counting them as defenders. Modern wingback formations use at least one winger/quality attacker out wide (and usually a fullback as one of the three cbs).

Is this why Derby fans were pissed off with him. Seems to be on the negative side of life.

Even when you know, you never know?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:46 - Aug 26 with 2562 viewsdailew

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:39 - Aug 26 by Highjack

That would be an excellent formation but we aren't allowed 30 players on the pitch.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:47 - Aug 26 with 2550 viewsdobjack2

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:43 - Aug 26 by jasper_T

Problem is who have we got to come in. The bench is still pretty pathetic for this level.
The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:48 - Aug 26 with 2521 viewsShonky

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:45 - Aug 26 by jojaca

Is this why Derby fans were pissed off with him. Seems to be on the negative side of life.

Oh the irony.

Its just a ride...

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:57 - Aug 26 with 2373 viewsSmellyplumz

Melt down time mother fkers!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:03 - Aug 26 with 2257 viewsjasper_T

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:57 - Aug 26 by Smellyplumz

Melt down time mother fkers!

It's only Palace we should still win this.
The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:08 - Aug 26 with 2140 viewsgolly47

Peach of a ball by Clucas.

Poll: What was worse?

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:09 - Aug 26 with 2099 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:03 - Aug 26 by jasper_T

It's only Palace we should still win this.

Haha

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:10 - Aug 26 with 2069 viewsSmellyplumz

More back passes than forward from us we trying to win this or what.

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:12 - Aug 26 with 2010 viewsSmellyplumz

So tammy on the wing and Ayew as the lone striker.... Seems legit!

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:15 - Aug 26 with 1924 viewsjasper_T

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:10 - Aug 26 by Smellyplumz

Controlling the game mun.
The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:16 - Aug 26 with 1864 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

We get the ball to the wing back in their half then realise there's nobody upfront to continue the attack with, we pass it inside and it ends up back with he centre backs. This is appalling once again. No apparent plan when we attack, it looks like we're hoping for a mistake from the opposition rather than build attacks ourselves.

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:18 - Aug 26 with 1808 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

When Palace go forward, their centre midfielders are running beyond whoever has the ball. Ours are always 20 yards behind them. Awful.

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:21 - Aug 26 with 1693 viewsBLAZE

I'd appreciate a link if anyone has one?
The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:22 - Aug 26 with 1686 viewsunion_jack

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:10 - Aug 26 by Smellyplumz

We've got to let them get their defence and midfield in order because that's only fair.

Pretty poor so far tbh.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:22 - Aug 26 with 1669 viewsGlyn1

If you're in Crystal Palace / London but not at the match, they're showing it at the Railway Telegraph near Thornton Heath train station. Commentary also on BBC London digital radio (not on FM).

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:23 - Aug 26 with 1635 viewsZZoric

pundit: "of the two managers, Clement will be far happier the way the Swans are taking the game to palace........"
The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:24 - Aug 26 with 1608 viewsSheffieldjack

I don't know what Naughton was trying to do with that "clearance".
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024