Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
longest/oldest supporter 09:01 - Aug 31 with 7955 viewsseasidedale

After reading about the turnstile sponsor, Iwas just wondering how long our supporters have been watching us, Who is he oldest and who watched us the longest , i will start I know it wont be the longest 47 years
longest/oldest supporter on 22:19 - Sep 12 with 763 viewsDiddyDave

longest/oldest supporter on 21:08 - Sep 12 by pioneer

Valiants is Port Vale, Dale were nicknamed the Valians, not sure why - but might have something to do with the location of the town in a 'vale' or valley of the river Roch.

Ah yes,thank you mate,I knew it was an obscure word that none of us kids had ever heard of. The team was never referred to as the Valians as far as I knew,so as you say,maybe it`s an old English word for people who live in a valley. It`s certainly not in the Dictionary now.
longest/oldest supporter on 22:51 - Sep 12 with 739 viewspioneer

longest/oldest supporter on 22:19 - Sep 12 by DiddyDave

Ah yes,thank you mate,I knew it was an obscure word that none of us kids had ever heard of. The team was never referred to as the Valians as far as I knew,so as you say,maybe it`s an old English word for people who live in a valley. It`s certainly not in the Dictionary now.

Just checked my rothmans FY collection and it was listed as the nickname in the very first edition, 1970-71.
longest/oldest supporter on 23:43 - Sep 12 with 699 viewsrochdalefan9

Peaky seems you have a dynasty of very brave people there........lol
Whoever wins this.......congratulations.

Really nice to know we have a lot of brave people here in Daleland........hugs to you all
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024