Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk,Guidolin and now Clement 17:23 - Sep 30 with 4187 viewsmagicdaps10

The pattern emerging for Clement is so similar to the previous two.........god starts and then killed over the summer with recruitment.

This summer was different, a huge sum of money that should have seen us invest to make the squad better........the squad is weaker in my opinion!!

Three men who have tried to change things to cover up the mistakes made by the board, three men who have/will lose their jobs.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 17:26 - Sep 30 with 4157 viewscostalotta

Well the common denominator is Huw Jenkins. End of.
Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 17:37 - Sep 30 with 4093 viewsmagicdaps10

Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 17:26 - Sep 30 by costalotta

My point exactly.

Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 17:42 - Sep 30 with 4042 viewsLandore_Jack

Don't forget Laudrup.

#backtojack

Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 17:51 - Sep 30 with 4015 viewsicecoldjack

In a nutshell.

I said a while back that when a manager doesn't have full control he can't be held 100% to blame then there becomes an apathy that they can't do a lot more with one hand tied behind their back etc.,etc .

The thing that keeps them going is the pay off,which is probably why they sit in front of the camera and say things like " he's a player I watched and wanted " why in reality he probably doesn't even know the guys name,coach not manager see .

When we signed mesa I said and questioned the reason for hearing so many times that " the manager wanted me " you can find the post on here,to me it felt like forcing the narrative a bit too much,as time has gone on it's quite clear that the manager actually didn't want him !!

So, who the fook signs the players ? It won't affect Clement so much if he pays with his job as people inside football will know the score but it certainly affects the dynamic of the swans .

Clement is struggling with the players and my feeling is that he hasn't quite understood how difficult it is to manage at this level once a few if your trusty key players are sold.

Everyone of us knew it would be a huge problem replacing siggy and llorenete, pretty obvious really as siggy kept us up on his own for roughly 3 seasons ,his loan to us and the last 2 seasons.
No clear plan how to move on without him even when they knew he was off in May?? Who's responsible for that ?

As long as the waters are muddy at the swans the football will be too, everyone needs to clear in what they do, that's not happening and hasn't for nearly 4 seasons . Bye bye premier league.
Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 17:59 - Sep 30 with 3970 viewsawayjack

... and selling our best players in the Summer for last three seasons and replacing the with crap. PC is now using the 'late window activity' as excuse but he was happy at the time and talked up our signings. He'll be gone soon as the next fall guy for Huw and the Board. What will we do next Summer with no quality players left to sell and only failed or basket case managers prepared to join us?
Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 18:06 - Sep 30 with 3939 viewsTim_Harry

When I saw the title of the thread I assumed it was about managers who have had absolutely no idea of the style of play that got us to where we are now. None of them have understood it and we've continued to struggle as a result.

I remember a press interview with Huw years ago where he rambled on about the interview process with managers and how football philosophies were discussed in fine detail.

I'm starting to think that that was all bollocks and that we were just lucky with the likes of Brendan and Laudrup.
Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 18:08 - Sep 30 with 3919 viewsLeonWasGod

Certainly seems to have lost his Midas touch!
Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 18:16 - Sep 30 with 3881 viewsCroftyjack

What I have said in previous threads....just History repeating.
It looks bad on the manager just like under Guido and monk....changing systems and personnel to find some way of getting a tune out of the craps at their disposal.
But as fans we do to....all feels like deja vu to me.
Season ticket holder for over 20 yrs but love a refund.
I'm not a glory grabber but for the first time I feel mocked and ridiculed by the powers that be.
Hurts more when I feel under PC we really could Have had the opportunity to progress.
But it's all too late and another manger will be here by Xmas doing the same....watch History repeating once more.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 18:24 - Sep 30 with 3834 viewsmagicdaps10

Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 18:16 - Sep 30 by Croftyjack

What I have said in previous threads....just History repeating.
It looks bad on the manager just like under Guido and monk....changing systems and personnel to find some way of getting a tune out of the craps at their disposal.
But as fans we do to....all feels like deja vu to me.
Season ticket holder for over 20 yrs but love a refund.
I'm not a glory grabber but for the first time I feel mocked and ridiculed by the powers that be.
Hurts more when I feel under PC we really could Have had the opportunity to progress.
But it's all too late and another manger will be here by Xmas doing the same....watch History repeating once more.

But this time....whoever comes in will not save us.

Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 00:56 - Oct 1 with 3678 viewsCroftyjack

Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 18:24 - Sep 30 by magicdaps10

But this time....whoever comes in will not save us.

Maybe you right as it cant keep repeating..each window the squad gets diluted and eventually its relegation.
Fact I don't feel there is anymore big bucks from sales in this squad suggest its likely this will see our destiny.
Thanks for the ride and the first 5 seasons I enjoyed but greed has set in so will those involved please shut the door on the way out when we get relegated and fook off from Swansea too!
Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 01:25 - Oct 1 with 3650 viewsdeanscfc

Let's be honest though...Clement f*cked up today. Ridiculous decision to bring off olsson and replace him with a midfielder who recently had a bad game with just 5 minutes left to go.

Yes we should have spent more but we have what we have.
Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 02:49 - Oct 1 with 3599 viewsjruss1

Clement is an excellent defensive coach but has yet to prove he can put an effective attacking unit together.

We could mask that if we had better attacking/creative talent in the squad, who could produce individual brilliance regulary. But we sadly lack that.

Mix those two things together and it leads to 3 goals and 11 shots on target in 7 games.

The squad is unbalanced. 8 central midfield plyers but no true play maker or creative force who can play inbetween the lines and link midfield to attack. Clement does't seem certain on who to pick in midfield outside one of the starters will not be Mesa.

Playing 3-5-2 or a Diamond shape puts a lot of pressure on the full backs to be an attacking force. Ollson doesn't look the same threat this season with no Gylfi Sigurdsson to link with over that side of the pitch, and KN is just limited full stop. Only Rangel, a player way past his best in reserve. It's just baffling we didn't sign a couple of full backs in the summer knowing we would play these systems where they take on such importance.

As we didn't bother signing a winger, moving to 4 3 3 might not do much either. Ayew isn't as effective out wide, Narsingh might be good but still hasn't had a run in the side for us to know for sure. That leaves Dyer and Routledge, players we got promoted with and short of the quality needed on a consistent basis.

Sending 16 million on Clucas (who Clement seems keen to play anywhere bar the position where he's been effective in this league) and god knows how much on the Sanches loan when we had these glaring issues is just unforgivable.

I can only see it going one way. Clement doesn't have enough skills needed to get results out of this squad and will will be gone before XMAS. Jenkins isn't going to blame himself. Hope I'm wrong, but's it's pretty dire right now.
Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 04:51 - Oct 1 with 3542 viewsscanca

Laudrup considered that Jenkins had just been lucky up to that point. It looks like he was right and that the luck ran out for the club after he was sacked.
Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 08:14 - Oct 1 with 3428 viewsjack247

A decent manager should be able to mould a functioning team out of these players, even though the lack of fullbacks in a set up where they provide the width and do a hell of a lot of running is baffling.

I can see him putting Ki at the tip of the diamond. For all his limitations, he does at least link play and has worked well off Bony before. We'd have been much better off replacing Siggy with a real #10 though.
Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 08:41 - Oct 1 with 3394 viewsPrivate_Partz

Monk,Guidolin and now Clement on 18:06 - Sep 30 by Tim_Harry

When I saw the title of the thread I assumed it was about managers who have had absolutely no idea of the style of play that got us to where we are now. None of them have understood it and we've continued to struggle as a result.

I remember a press interview with Huw years ago where he rambled on about the interview process with managers and how football philosophies were discussed in fine detail.

I'm starting to think that that was all bollocks and that we were just lucky with the likes of Brendan and Laudrup.

In what way on earth could Guidolin have produced a team playing The Swansea Way given the circumstances of his appointment and sacking?? Monk had already dismantled the team.
Clement is in a similar position but not nearly as bad. His inexperience is starting to show up unfortunately but I take your point that we are unlikely to see TSW under him either.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024