Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement slates strikers 19:43 - Sep 30 with 12798 viewsGTCJack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-clement-slams-str

“But when we get to the attacking third, it’s too often a hopeless ball into the box, the front players aren’t ready or too static. The front players have to start doing better.

“They might not get pin-point service, but good strikers battle away even in difficult games to get that opportunity. It’s just not happening at the moment.”

What about the system Paul?

What's more worrying for me...

“It’s very frustrating. Our football was better which was something we spoke about doing after Watford. We wanted to get back to our identity, the one shown here for many years and in the last few months of last season, and I thought it was moving in the right direction here.

Now he achieved great things last year, but he is very much confused if he thinks last season was anything like our identity.
Clement slates strikers on 14:43 - Oct 1 with 2020 viewsSTID2017

Clement slates strikers on 21:44 - Sep 30 by TheResurrection

WTF? They also included Burnley, Leicester, Hull and Southampton.

Liverpool we were ok and showed promise but for the most it was very poor.

We've gone to Spurs and got a draw, won at Palace and only conceded one last minute goal away from home.

We are a better squad than last season, that isn't in doubt really is it?

Palace are really showing their qualities as a team ?
0 points, 0 goals.
Get real with your comparisins.
Your desire to get rid of Gylfi & Llorente is paying off in spades.
Moron

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Clement slates strikers on 15:51 - Oct 1 with 1996 viewsE20Jack

Clement slates strikers on 08:56 - Oct 1 by thornabyswan

How many shots on target did we have last season.
Can't have been less than 9 in 7 games.
That is the stat that really makes me think we are in bigger trouble this season than last.

Well we can adopt the tactics we did last season and have a lot more shots, but bear in mind that we also had conceded double the amount by this time last season too. Sacrificing defence for attack in this league is a brutal tactic unless your attack outweighs your defence, and I am not so sure it does in our case.

The above is just based on the first 7 games of the season and not like for like, so we are not even counting the battering away to Spurs 5-0 where as we got a 0-0 draw there this term.

No doubt we should be adopting a more attacking approach in our home games, but anyone suggesting we were better last year at this point than last is just talking rubbish because we were worse, it looked like we could be battered at will - and often were.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 15:52]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Clement slates strikers on 18:29 - Oct 1 with 1927 viewsZZoric

Clement slates strikers on 09:04 - Oct 1 by pencoedjack

Flogging a dead horse with E20 & the Res fella.

They watch a different game to the rest of us

they watch the game with an entirely different lens to the majority of armchair doom monkeys - bit like the lens that our travelling faithful have

they choose to watch the game with a far more pragmatic, realistic and dare I say it positive outlook - highly insightful, carefully considered analysis

pity more dont choose to take the same perspective

imagine this board with just the doom monkeys
Clement slates strikers on 18:48 - Oct 1 with 1919 viewsDavillin

Clement slates strikers on 18:29 - Oct 1 by ZZoric

they watch the game with an entirely different lens to the majority of armchair doom monkeys - bit like the lens that our travelling faithful have

they choose to watch the game with a far more pragmatic, realistic and dare I say it positive outlook - highly insightful, carefully considered analysis

pity more dont choose to take the same perspective

imagine this board with just the doom monkeys

It's human nature. Most "doom monkeys" and "non-doom monkeys" on here also think that we "...choose to watch the game with a far more pragmatic, realistic and dare I say it positive outlook - highly insightful, carefully considered analysis."

It's human nature, I say again.

[p.s. Are you in reality one of the two "pragmatists" at issue here? Either that, or your sense of sarcasm is delightfully enviable. Not unlike my own.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Clement slates strikers on 19:02 - Oct 1 with 1899 viewsjack247

Clement slates strikers on 15:51 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

Well we can adopt the tactics we did last season and have a lot more shots, but bear in mind that we also had conceded double the amount by this time last season too. Sacrificing defence for attack in this league is a brutal tactic unless your attack outweighs your defence, and I am not so sure it does in our case.

The above is just based on the first 7 games of the season and not like for like, so we are not even counting the battering away to Spurs 5-0 where as we got a 0-0 draw there this term.

No doubt we should be adopting a more attacking approach in our home games, but anyone suggesting we were better last year at this point than last is just talking rubbish because we were worse, it looked like we could be battered at will - and often were.

At this point last year, the performances were starting to come, even though the results weren't. We had 4 points from our opening 7 games, as opposed to 5 now. We had one point less on the board, we were playing better in Guidolins last couple of games than against Watford or West Ham. There's not a lot in it.

Then Bob happened. As much as Clement has disappointed this season, I don't see him going on a run anywhere near as bad as Bobs reign. It's probably a moot point as he'd be sacked way before he got another 11 games.

We have (IMO) a stronger squad and first team now, although there are still obvious weaknesses. We also have a better manager than we had from this point to New Year last season.

I don't think there's much in it between where we are now and 12 months ago. I expect us to be much better off by Christmas and at this point I'm not concerned by relegation, I think he'll either get it right or get sacked soon.
Clement slates strikers on 19:04 - Oct 1 with 1892 viewsZZoric

Clement slates strikers on 18:48 - Oct 1 by Davillin

It's human nature. Most "doom monkeys" and "non-doom monkeys" on here also think that we "...choose to watch the game with a far more pragmatic, realistic and dare I say it positive outlook - highly insightful, carefully considered analysis."

It's human nature, I say again.

[p.s. Are you in reality one of the two "pragmatists" at issue here? Either that, or your sense of sarcasm is delightfully enviable. Not unlike my own.]

lol Dav, not at all. I have my very own half-full glass

human nature, for sure. Note the half-empty nature of many of the folk on here - in contrast to those that positively travel, faithfully in the belief we can and will prevail

those that travel (without naming them) - to a man and woman, post insightful positive upbeat "we can do it" type stuff

the majority of lazy armchair types - clearly project their lazy self-righteous sloppiness in matchday threads. To coin one of the chief protagonists: "insufferable"

if only I could muster an ounce of ur sarcasm Dav..........working on it tho
Clement slates strikers on 19:21 - Oct 1 with 1875 viewsGaryjack

Clement slates strikers on 19:04 - Oct 1 by ZZoric

lol Dav, not at all. I have my very own half-full glass

human nature, for sure. Note the half-empty nature of many of the folk on here - in contrast to those that positively travel, faithfully in the belief we can and will prevail

those that travel (without naming them) - to a man and woman, post insightful positive upbeat "we can do it" type stuff

the majority of lazy armchair types - clearly project their lazy self-righteous sloppiness in matchday threads. To coin one of the chief protagonists: "insufferable"

if only I could muster an ounce of ur sarcasm Dav..........working on it tho

You sound like me 20 yrs ago when we really were shit! Bah!
Clement slates strikers on 19:23 - Oct 1 with 1870 viewscostalotta

The battering's started after BB was appointed. We competed up until FG was fired and for BB first game in charge. After that it went down hill quite rapidly.

Under FG we lost some close games including at home to Man City, Liverpool. Drew with Chelsea at home. I would say to until 1st October we were better last year. Personally i had confidence in FG, even with the phucking he got by the board in the summer. Its starting to look like PC is a poor mans FG. Anyway...

It doesn't matter whether we are worse as its different season. But compared to our rivals right now how are we doing? Given our favourable opening fixtures it doesn't look like were doing very well at all; irrespective of some of the excuses being banded about. They are just designed to give the protagonists time.

I remain hopeful we can start to score some goals whilst maintaining our defensive solidity. We have no choice and if that doesn't happen pretty soon we will be down!
Login to get fewer ads

Clement slates strikers on 20:37 - Oct 1 with 1812 viewsTheResurrection

Clement slates strikers on 19:23 - Oct 1 by costalotta

The battering's started after BB was appointed. We competed up until FG was fired and for BB first game in charge. After that it went down hill quite rapidly.

Under FG we lost some close games including at home to Man City, Liverpool. Drew with Chelsea at home. I would say to until 1st October we were better last year. Personally i had confidence in FG, even with the phucking he got by the board in the summer. Its starting to look like PC is a poor mans FG. Anyway...

It doesn't matter whether we are worse as its different season. But compared to our rivals right now how are we doing? Given our favourable opening fixtures it doesn't look like were doing very well at all; irrespective of some of the excuses being banded about. They are just designed to give the protagonists time.

I remain hopeful we can start to score some goals whilst maintaining our defensive solidity. We have no choice and if that doesn't happen pretty soon we will be down!

It's hard to compare because a lot of us feared the worst after we lost to Hull and Soton with the run that was coming up after that.

The Southampton away game was a lot worse than even this one this season, let's not mince our words over that.

I liked Guidolin and would never have got rid of him when they did. It was a nasty move and made little sense.

However, Guidolin was shafted in the Summer window last season and we went into the season with our worst squad in EPL history.

Yes, we did play better against Liverpool and City when we shipped Siggy out to the left - a place he'd end up most of the season - I know the Board wanted a better brand of football and they probably would have wanted to see Siggy back in the 10. However, Bradley came in tried him there and up front and it never worked, it won't work for him at Everton or anywhere else either.

We can't say this is a worst squad now. Those too impatient for anything else than coming on here and showing themselves up will, but to a man, they always throw the cheap caveat of "happy to be proved wrong" or something similar.

From the team that won 29 points end of last season we have effectively lost 3 players. Cork, Siggy and Llorente. In to replace them are Mesa, Sanches, Tammy, Bony and Clucas. We've still got Ki and Dyer to come back.

I'd like to think Mesa can do the job Cork did, and that's no disrespect to Cork, I liked him, but he wasn't conducive to a quick, passing game. I think Mesa is just that player.

Sanches looked class yesterday, he made some real school boy errors as it looks like he will, but be honest, he got on that ball a lot for us and got robbed twice and misplaced 8 passes out of 68. He takes on a man and can find space. His finer attacking radar is still out but come on, he's a great player in the making.

Clucas, we're yet to see the best of but nobody should judge him until he's played in a more favourable position to holding midfield or left back. He's a box to box more forward thinking midfielder with a great engine and passing skillset.

Tammy and Bony offer so much more than Llorente did. Llorente picked up a lot of goals and went on streaky runs. He benefitted greatly from Bradley's era and scored the most goals per game under him.

Again, be honest, if we went as maverick as we did under Bradley now, Tammy and Bony would also have a field day. Tammy and Bony are proven goalscorer - that shot yesterday, no backlight, one touch to move it on a yard and bang, great technique and more than what Bony is capable of. Llorente just doesn't have that in his locker.

All in all, we have the players.

What we don't have is a manager who will concede a bit of positional discipline for greater numbers in attack.

....or patience from mug fans.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clement slates strikers on 22:42 - Oct 1 with 1737 viewsRancid

It's early days yet.We'll struggle in this league now until we're finally relegated.We haven't got the personnel to take us to the next level so we'll ultimately dropaway before long.I don't blame Clement one bit, other than I thought he had more balls and would not let Poison Jenkins to continue as our cheap scout and have his own players in mind and then if not happy then say.He did genuinely seem pleased with what we brought in so whether that was just repeating w2hat Guidolin said also remains to be seen.

At the end of the day Clement wants and needs this job to work if he's too further his promising career so you'll tend to go along with an overbearing chairman and keep your head down.

I still think we'll turn it round with Clement there and I don't think we're a million miles away from being a team again.Wilf isn't fit, which is huge for us in scoring so we'll play Tammy in his abscence who we know has a goal in him.Sanches will come good too.There's signs of it and if those 2 click then we could see some fun just yet.
Clement slates strikers on 05:48 - Oct 14 with 1485 viewsNirvana

Absolute bbullsshitt yet again, Dimi, your specialty. Bravo.

We have given up more shots overall and on target than at this point last season. We have half the shots overall we did last season, and less than 40% of the shots on target.

In other words, we're worse in defence this season and far worse in attack. Add in we had the most difficult run of fixtures to start in the entire PL last season, and it's quite clear we're missing A LOT. Siggy/Llorente would be the answer here.

Just the facts:

Shots/shots on target (ours first if that wasn't obvious):

2017-18
4/0 -- Southampton - 29/2
5/0 --------- Man U - 17/8
7/3 -------- Palace - 16/3
10/4 -- Newcastle - 16/8
4/0 ----------- Spurs - 26/8
10/3 ----- Watford - 8/4
6/1 ---- West Ham - 9/4

46/11 ---------------- 121/37

2016-17
17/9 ------- Burnley - 10/3
23/3 --------- Hull - 12/4
9/3 -------- Leicester - 13/6
6/2 --------- Chelsea - 28/7
9/3 -- Southampton - 19/6
13/5 ------- Man City - 18/4
8/3 -------- Liverpool - 18/6

85/28 ---------------- 118/36
Clement slates strikers on 06:00 - Oct 14 with 1474 viewsNirvana

Clement slates strikers on 20:37 - Oct 1 by TheResurrection

It's hard to compare because a lot of us feared the worst after we lost to Hull and Soton with the run that was coming up after that.

The Southampton away game was a lot worse than even this one this season, let's not mince our words over that.

I liked Guidolin and would never have got rid of him when they did. It was a nasty move and made little sense.

However, Guidolin was shafted in the Summer window last season and we went into the season with our worst squad in EPL history.

Yes, we did play better against Liverpool and City when we shipped Siggy out to the left - a place he'd end up most of the season - I know the Board wanted a better brand of football and they probably would have wanted to see Siggy back in the 10. However, Bradley came in tried him there and up front and it never worked, it won't work for him at Everton or anywhere else either.

We can't say this is a worst squad now. Those too impatient for anything else than coming on here and showing themselves up will, but to a man, they always throw the cheap caveat of "happy to be proved wrong" or something similar.

From the team that won 29 points end of last season we have effectively lost 3 players. Cork, Siggy and Llorente. In to replace them are Mesa, Sanches, Tammy, Bony and Clucas. We've still got Ki and Dyer to come back.

I'd like to think Mesa can do the job Cork did, and that's no disrespect to Cork, I liked him, but he wasn't conducive to a quick, passing game. I think Mesa is just that player.

Sanches looked class yesterday, he made some real school boy errors as it looks like he will, but be honest, he got on that ball a lot for us and got robbed twice and misplaced 8 passes out of 68. He takes on a man and can find space. His finer attacking radar is still out but come on, he's a great player in the making.

Clucas, we're yet to see the best of but nobody should judge him until he's played in a more favourable position to holding midfield or left back. He's a box to box more forward thinking midfielder with a great engine and passing skillset.

Tammy and Bony offer so much more than Llorente did. Llorente picked up a lot of goals and went on streaky runs. He benefitted greatly from Bradley's era and scored the most goals per game under him.

Again, be honest, if we went as maverick as we did under Bradley now, Tammy and Bony would also have a field day. Tammy and Bony are proven goalscorer - that shot yesterday, no backlight, one touch to move it on a yard and bang, great technique and more than what Bony is capable of. Llorente just doesn't have that in his locker.

All in all, we have the players.

What we don't have is a manager who will concede a bit of positional discipline for greater numbers in attack.

....or patience from mug fans.

WOW

A LOT of words to compensate for being so wrong for so long. Seems like you and Dimi are morphing into one big, deluded troll on here.

You need a hobby, bro.

Or a ffukkingg life, but that's unrealistic at this point.

Take a break, seriously, so you can enjoy some "family time". Remember how important that is to you?

Clearly not, Sshittyy Tolstoy.
Clement slates strikers on 06:08 - Oct 14 with 1465 viewsNirvana

Clement slates strikers on 09:04 - Oct 1 by pencoedjack

Flogging a dead horse with E20 & the Res fella.

They watch a different game to the rest of us

Correct, Pencoed.

They're the resident "controversial box office" idiots on here.

But they do write a lot, everyday, so that's something.
Clement slates strikers on 12:15 - Oct 14 with 1395 viewsE20Jack

Clement slates strikers on 05:48 - Oct 14 by Nirvana

Absolute bbullsshitt yet again, Dimi, your specialty. Bravo.

We have given up more shots overall and on target than at this point last season. We have half the shots overall we did last season, and less than 40% of the shots on target.

In other words, we're worse in defence this season and far worse in attack. Add in we had the most difficult run of fixtures to start in the entire PL last season, and it's quite clear we're missing A LOT. Siggy/Llorente would be the answer here.

Just the facts:

Shots/shots on target (ours first if that wasn't obvious):

2017-18
4/0 -- Southampton - 29/2
5/0 --------- Man U - 17/8
7/3 -------- Palace - 16/3
10/4 -- Newcastle - 16/8
4/0 ----------- Spurs - 26/8
10/3 ----- Watford - 8/4
6/1 ---- West Ham - 9/4

46/11 ---------------- 121/37

2016-17
17/9 ------- Burnley - 10/3
23/3 --------- Hull - 12/4
9/3 -------- Leicester - 13/6
6/2 --------- Chelsea - 28/7
9/3 -- Southampton - 19/6
13/5 ------- Man City - 18/4
8/3 -------- Liverpool - 18/6

85/28 ---------------- 118/36

Nivvy having his monthly meltdown it seems. What joy.

Which bit is bbbbbullllshhhhitttt Peter? You have once again created a viewpoint to argue against, a viewpoint that clearly is not mine.

Where did I say we gave up less shots this season? I said we conceded far less didn't I? Having shots doesnt mean much unless they are quality shots or clear chances. You can have the best defence in the world and restrict them to ten 40 yard pot shots - that doesnt mean they oerformed worse than a defence that gave up six clear chances.

But you don't think too deeply about things do you.

If you are trying to say our defence is worse this season than it was under bob bradley this time last then please, make that clear so I can hear the laughter from here.

Cheers pete.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024