Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3.4.3 17:55 - Oct 8 with 3031 viewsmightydale

Really like this formation,Do you think Rochdale have the personal to play 343 ?

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

3.4.3 on 18:21 - Oct 8 with 2997 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Yeah, it's triffic.

I've just had an ice lolly.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

3.4.3 on 18:24 - Oct 8 with 2994 views442Dale

Yes. Daniels moves to a more natural central position alongside McGahey and McNulty. Rafferty and Bunney as wing-backs who can easily drop into a back five. MJWilliams alongside Rathbone or Camps, the front three are up for grabs but would include both Calvin and Davies right now as we at least put teams under defensive pressure with them both out there and they'd get service from out wide. Could include a third midfielder and go 3-5-2 as well.

We may as well try it because the width comes from the full-backs now so why not shove them further up the pitch and still retain Daniels for more cover at the back.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2017 18:55]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

3.4.3 on 18:33 - Oct 8 with 2975 viewsRAFCBLUE

3.4.3 on 18:24 - Oct 8 by 442Dale

Yes. Daniels moves to a more natural central position alongside McGahey and McNulty. Rafferty and Bunney as wing-backs who can easily drop into a back five. MJWilliams alongside Rathbone or Camps, the front three are up for grabs but would include both Calvin and Davies right now as we at least put teams under defensive pressure with them both out there and they'd get service from out wide. Could include a third midfielder and go 3-5-2 as well.

We may as well try it because the width comes from the full-backs now so why not shove them further up the pitch and still retain Daniels for more cover at the back.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2017 18:55]

I don't believe we have the wide players to play the 4 across midfield.

Assuming everyone is fit, the back three is Daniels, McGahey and McNulty. The front three is Done, Davies and Hendo

The 4? No idea but I suspect we'd be overrun in wide channels putting pressure on the back 3 who would get outnumbered.

I'd like to see 4-1-2-3 but it relies on pace in the front 5 and I don't think we have enough of that.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

3.4.3 on 19:31 - Oct 8 with 2870 viewsKnowlesy

Lillis
Daniels McGahey McNulty
Raff Bunney (wing backs)
Camps MJ Rathbone
Hendo Andrew

3-5-2 looks good to me. No chance of it being used though - the team shape and performances are good, remember?
3.4.3 on 20:57 - Oct 8 with 2751 viewsRAFCBLUE

3.4.3 on 19:31 - Oct 8 by Knowlesy

Lillis
Daniels McGahey McNulty
Raff Bunney (wing backs)
Camps MJ Rathbone
Hendo Andrew

3-5-2 looks good to me. No chance of it being used though - the team shape and performances are good, remember?

That 11 only accounts for 20% of our league goals scored so far.

Done and Davies if fit are a must whatever the formation.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

3.4.3 on 21:11 - Oct 8 with 2729 views442Dale

3.4.3 on 20:57 - Oct 8 by RAFCBLUE

That 11 only accounts for 20% of our league goals scored so far.

Done and Davies if fit are a must whatever the formation.

Done is on the periphery of games and has no claim to start, unless it's in a totally different role to the one he's played in so far. Central striker or substitute are the two options right now.

3.4.3 on 21:18 - Oct 8 with 2713 viewsRAFCBLUE

3.4.3 on 21:11 - Oct 8 by 442Dale

Done is on the periphery of games and has no claim to start, unless it's in a totally different role to the one he's played in so far. Central striker or substitute are the two options right now.

See other post - 442.

Done is a central player and I'd play him in a partnership with Davies dropping Henderson.

To say he's been on the periphery he's done well to be our second top scorer.

3.4.3 on 21:23 - Oct 8 with 2704 views442Dale

3.4.3 on 21:18 - Oct 8 by RAFCBLUE

See other post - 442.

Done is a central player and I'd play him in a partnership with Davies dropping Henderson.

Unfortunately it's been a long time since we've regularly played a front two.

Login to get fewer ads

3.4.3 on 21:29 - Oct 8 with 2687 viewsRAFCBLUE

3.4.3 on 21:23 - Oct 8 by 442Dale

Unfortunately it's been a long time since we've regularly played a front two.

Managerial folly in trying to accomodate all of the forward players.

Stick to the 1999 Alex Ferguson approach. I've four good strikers and two of them will be on the bench. Score and you keep your place.

3.4.3 on 21:47 - Oct 8 with 2660 viewsTVOS1907

3.4.3 on 21:18 - Oct 8 by RAFCBLUE

See other post - 442.

Davies and Inman have both scored more than Done.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

3.4.3 on 21:59 - Oct 8 with 2641 viewsRAFCBLUE

3.4.3 on 21:47 - Oct 8 by TVOS1907

Davies and Inman have both scored more than Done.

My earlier post refers only to League goals TVOS and Hill spared the buckets by resting Done in the Checkatrade game.

Both Done and Inman have a better claim to partnering Davies ahead of Henderson. Done has the better pedigree for me.

3.4.3 on 22:04 - Oct 8 with 2633 viewsTVOS1907

3.4.3 on 21:59 - Oct 8 by RAFCBLUE

My earlier post refers only to League goals TVOS and Hill spared the buckets by resting Done in the Checkatrade game.

Both Done and Inman have a better claim to partnering Davies ahead of Henderson. Done has the better pedigree for me.

Tbh, I'm not sure any of the forwards have much claim over any of the others at this moment.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

3.4.3 on 22:08 - Oct 8 with 2629 viewsnordenblue

3.4.3 on 21:59 - Oct 8 by RAFCBLUE

What's Done actually "done" since hes returned,I'm a big fan of his from his previous spell but the games just seem to pass him by this season from what I've seen,granted hes probably playing with his back to goal most of the time but hes a shadow of the old player.
3.4.3 on 07:34 - Oct 9 with 2457 viewsDaleFan7

Done has been awful so far when he's played, he's not improved the team at all and for the probable money he's on, a quarter of the way through the season he's been a bust. Hopefully he'll turn it around but he isn't even a shadow of the player that left us.
3.4.3 on 11:26 - Oct 9 with 2363 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

3.4.3 on 07:34 - Oct 9 by DaleFan7

Done has been awful so far when he's played, he's not improved the team at all and for the probable money he's on, a quarter of the way through the season he's been a bust. Hopefully he'll turn it around but he isn't even a shadow of the player that left us.

I think that is something to do with the fact we aren`t allowed to take defenders on out wide, beat them and then cross the ball. We have to play the ball across the face of the box to the other wing and then reset. God forbid should anyone actually attempt a shot.
3.4.3 on 11:49 - Oct 9 with 2325 viewsAtThePeake

3.4.3 on 18:33 - Oct 8 by RAFCBLUE

I don't believe we have the wide players to play the 4 across midfield.

Assuming everyone is fit, the back three is Daniels, McGahey and McNulty. The front three is Done, Davies and Hendo

The 4? No idea but I suspect we'd be overrun in wide channels putting pressure on the back 3 who would get outnumbered.

I'd like to see 4-1-2-3 but it relies on pace in the front 5 and I don't think we have enough of that.

The clubs playing this formation at the top of the chain (Tottenham, Chelsea etc) are using full-backs in the wide areas. I think Bunney and Rafferty are more than capable of playing that role.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024