Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Capital w@nkfest 19:07 - Nov 1 with 2462 viewsPrivate_Partz

On BBC Cardiff now. Mervelling at their fastest growing metropolis and looking at its 'fantastic history'. A population of 2000 pre industrial revolution......
Meanwhile they promise 'Wales Live' later on. They are going to 'dig deep' to unearth the issues affecting us. Guess who is going to be one of the diggers? Jason Mohammed...... you can't make it up.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Capital w@nkfest on 19:14 - Nov 1 with 2444 viewsDr_Winston

One of the more startling discoveries when talking to a Bassey about the subsidised growth of Cardiff is how many of them seem to believe that what is good for them is good for the rest of Wales. As if somehow tons of public money pouring into the mudflats has any benefit to the rest of the country outside about a ten mile radius of CF1.

It's like a parasitic infestation developing a hive mind and convincing itself that the host would really appreciate it being there if only it thought about things for a bit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Capital w@nkfest on 19:49 - Nov 1 with 2401 viewsPrivate_Partz

Capital w@nkfest on 19:14 - Nov 1 by Dr_Winston

One of the more startling discoveries when talking to a Bassey about the subsidised growth of Cardiff is how many of them seem to believe that what is good for them is good for the rest of Wales. As if somehow tons of public money pouring into the mudflats has any benefit to the rest of the country outside about a ten mile radius of CF1.

It's like a parasitic infestation developing a hive mind and convincing itself that the host would really appreciate it being there if only it thought about things for a bit.

My wife's friend. A lovely lady from Cardiff who actually worked in Swansea.
Can't see what all the fuss is about. After all they are the Capital. The dillision is they are a loved City by the Rest of Wales and their good fortune somehow benefits us all.
Trouble is it is a perception perpetuated by the Cardiff based and biased media.
I reckon Mohammed is going to have to have an operation soon to have his producers earpiece surgically removed from his earhole!

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Capital w@nkfest on 19:51 - Nov 1 with 2392 viewsDr_Winston

Capital w@nkfest on 19:49 - Nov 1 by Private_Partz

My wife's friend. A lovely lady from Cardiff who actually worked in Swansea.
Can't see what all the fuss is about. After all they are the Capital. The dillision is they are a loved City by the Rest of Wales and their good fortune somehow benefits us all.
Trouble is it is a perception perpetuated by the Cardiff based and biased media.
I reckon Mohammed is going to have to have an operation soon to have his producers earpiece surgically removed from his earhole!

Exactly it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Capital w@nkfest on 19:52 - Nov 1 with 2387 viewswhoflungdung

Agree with Winston

That s bad enough in itself

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Capital w@nkfest on 20:06 - Nov 1 with 2370 viewsNeath_Jack

And the people of Swansea/Carmarthen/Wrexham, wouldn’t be exactly the same if it were their city getting all the benefits would they.

It’s a great city, shit football team with the scummiest of fans.

I’d hate to commute there for work every day mind.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Capital w@nkfest on 20:17 - Nov 1 with 2353 viewswhoflungdung

Turn the fleck over

Capital w@nkfest on 21:15 - Nov 1 with 2296 viewsbyron

The usual bizarreness on here, interesting programme to many I’d imagine......

Benny

Capital w@nkfest on 21:43 - Nov 1 with 2264 viewsnice_to_michu

Capital w@nkfest on 21:15 - Nov 1 by byron

Indeed.
Login to get fewer ads

Capital w@nkfest on 22:26 - Nov 1 with 2219 viewsGowerjack

Capital w@nkfest on 19:14 - Nov 1 by Dr_Winston

There is no CF1 post code.

Just saying.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Capital w@nkfest on 22:40 - Nov 1 with 2206 viewsPrivate_Partz

Capital w@nkfest on 21:15 - Nov 1 by byron

Only to those living in Cardiff.
It is yet another 'eff you the rest of Wales, we have the lot' programme.
As soon as I saw some geezer climbing a crane and boasting about his marvellous City was the moment I switched off.
I have no interest. Most of the Welsh news is geared up to Cardiff and its environs anyway. I have no wish to see any more.
I suspect it is all a complete irrelevence to large swathes of Wales.

Capital w@nkfest on 22:46 - Nov 1 with 2197 viewsPrivate_Partz

Capital w@nkfest on 20:06 - Nov 1 by Neath_Jack

And the people of Swansea/Carmarthen/Wrexham, wouldn’t be exactly the same if it were their city getting all the benefits would they.

It’s a great city, shit football team with the scummiest of fans.

I’d hate to commute there for work every day mind.

I agree but it is not the point. Government should ensure wealth is distributed across the country. They made the mistake with an overheated London but at least the English are waking up and attempting to redress the balance.
We carry on regardless with our Cardiff City state policies to the detriment of the rest.

Capital w@nkfest on 23:01 - Nov 1 with 2186 viewswhoflungdung

Great post PP

A lesson for all ,sir

Capital w@nkfest on 23:29 - Nov 1 with 2155 viewsGaryjack

Capital w@nkfest on 22:26 - Nov 1 by Gowerjack

There is no CF1 post code.

Just saying.

My god you're right!
Capital w@nkfest on 00:00 - Nov 2 with 2136 viewsLeonWasGod

Standards are slipping on here.

Fück em!

That's better.
Capital w@nkfest on 08:20 - Nov 2 with 2055 viewsPrivate_Partz

Capital w@nkfest on 00:00 - Nov 2 by LeonWasGod

Standards are slipping on here.

Fück em!

That's better.

Oi. Standards have been fine on my thread. It is a very civilised argument between those that can see how the Cardiff based media is ecaerbating the situation and those that happy clap for the City State of Wales. Yep I am stirring ;-)
Last night's programme is one of many glorifying 'our Capital'. We has Bay Lives where they were camped in Cardiff Docks for about 6 episodes. We had Coast Lives where is seemed the South Wales Coast only stretches from Cardiff Bay to Ogmore.
Here we get the 'poor old Swansea programmes' . The rough sleeprrs had two series and almost became celebrities. Don't get me wrong it is a scandal that these poor people are abandoned but the suggestion was it only happens in Swansea.
Then we have the Blitz programme. Despite Swansea being devasted in WW2, probably more than any other area in the U.K, Cardiff had 45 minutes of a 1 hour programme.
They can't even give us credit for being bombed more than them ;-)

Capital w@nkfest on 08:21 - Nov 2 with 2055 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Capital w@nkfest on 22:40 - Nov 1 by Private_Partz

Only to those living in Cardiff.
It is yet another 'eff you the rest of Wales, we have the lot' programme.
As soon as I saw some geezer climbing a crane and boasting about his marvellous City was the moment I switched off.
I have no interest. Most of the Welsh news is geared up to Cardiff and its environs anyway. I have no wish to see any more.
I suspect it is all a complete irrelevence to large swathes of Wales.

A bridgend Cardiff fan I know (who now lives in Cardiff) told me it felt ridiculous having the CL final there because it made the city feel tiny. And in city terms like Swansea it is , in relation to Bristol, Birmingham , Liverpool, Glasgow and Manchester .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Capital w@nkfest on 09:06 - Nov 2 with 2023 viewswhiterock

Capital w@nkfest on 08:21 - Nov 2 by Brynmill_Jack

A bridgend Cardiff fan I know (who now lives in Cardiff) told me it felt ridiculous having the CL final there because it made the city feel tiny. And in city terms like Swansea it is , in relation to Bristol, Birmingham , Liverpool, Glasgow and Manchester .

Its a fair point but I think that was what the OP was on about saying that it is growing at a rate of knots, it will become the place to go for work and leisure at the cost of the rest of Wales, just look at the Valleys, some parts just 20 minutes from Cardiff, deprivation versus wealth, they can see what's happening in London where it is sucking the life blood out of the rest of the country yet they choose to do fack all about it, come on Carwyn, we deserve better.

From the sweep of the spectacular beach adjacent to the city centre in Swansea Bay, to the Gower Peninsula beyond, Swansea City FC can lay claim to the most beautifully-located club in Premier League history.
Capital w@nkfest on 10:02 - Nov 2 with 1995 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Capital w@nkfest on 09:06 - Nov 2 by whiterock

Its a fair point but I think that was what the OP was on about saying that it is growing at a rate of knots, it will become the place to go for work and leisure at the cost of the rest of Wales, just look at the Valleys, some parts just 20 minutes from Cardiff, deprivation versus wealth, they can see what's happening in London where it is sucking the life blood out of the rest of the country yet they choose to do fack all about it, come on Carwyn, we deserve better.

From the sweep of the spectacular beach adjacent to the city centre in Swansea Bay, to the Gower Peninsula beyond, Swansea City FC can lay claim to the most beautifully-located club in Premier League history.

I reckon that's the heart of the problem. What we have isn't as transient or fleeting as good shopping. I get the feeling because they are envious of our geographical location, on a beach with some of the most spectacular views available from hundreds of not a couple of thousand houses they need to justify themselves over us. Just look at the attitude of the average CCFC fan before we got promoted ! .
Money can't transfer that to them so they make it up to themselves but trying to cram as much as humanly possible into their small space. They even tried putting a man made beach on the dockside FFS! How futile

Capital w@nkfest on 17:32 - Nov 2 with 1901 viewsbyron

Capital w@nkfest on 08:21 - Nov 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Absolute bollox, some people need to get a passport and see the world, it does exist past Port Talbot you know.....

Benny

Capital w@nkfest on 21:53 - Nov 2 with 1818 viewsPrivate_Partz

Capital w@nkfest on 17:32 - Nov 2 by byron

Absolute bollox, some people need to get a passport and see the world, it does exist past Port Talbot you know.....

It certainly does exist beyond Port Talbot. Mostly beyond Bridgend though as far as WAG are concerned.

Capital w@nkfest on 21:59 - Nov 2 with 1813 viewsPrivate_Partz

Capital w@nkfest on 10:02 - Nov 2 by Brynmill_Jack

I reckon that's the heart of the problem. What we have isn't as transient or fleeting as good shopping. I get the feeling because they are envious of our geographical location, on a beach with some of the most spectacular views available from hundreds of not a couple of thousand houses they need to justify themselves over us. Just look at the attitude of the average CCFC fan before we got promoted ! .
Money can't transfer that to them so they make it up to themselves but trying to cram as much as humanly possible into their small space. They even tried putting a man made beach on the dockside FFS! How futile

I agree with all that but I feel it stretches beyond Swansea. The whole of Wales outside of the SE are suffering.
We have to be careful not to make it purely a Cardiff v Swansea thing. The Cardiff media love to portray us as having chips on our shoulders. I have heard Mohammed losing it many times if there is a phone in from someone in Swansea suggesting bias.
Same goes for WAG and our AMs, they all get very defensive.

Capital w@nkfest on 23:02 - Nov 2 with 1789 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Capital w@nkfest on 17:32 - Nov 2 by byron

That's ironic, I visited him four times in six years whilst he was teaching out in Vietnam. Is that far enough past port Talbot for you Byron ? By the way, he was right. If you pushed Cardiff , Swansea and Newport together that would be a decent sized city.

Capital w@nkfest on 23:05 - Nov 2 with 1784 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Capital w@nkfest on 21:59 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

I agree with all that but I feel it stretches beyond Swansea. The whole of Wales outside of the SE are suffering.
We have to be careful not to make it purely a Cardiff v Swansea thing. The Cardiff media love to portray us as having chips on our shoulders. I have heard Mohammed losing it many times if there is a phone in from someone in Swansea suggesting bias.
Same goes for WAG and our AMs, they all get very defensive.

Jason Mohammed deliberately chose Swansea uni to study so he could slag it off. What's wrong with people like him and Byron anyway?

Capital w@nkfest on 06:34 - Nov 3 with 1733 viewsDr_Winston

Capital w@nkfest on 23:02 - Nov 2 by Brynmill_Jack

That's ironic, I visited him four times in six years whilst he was teaching out in Vietnam. Is that far enough past port Talbot for you Byron ? By the way, he was right. If you pushed Cardiff , Swansea and Newport together that would be a decent sized city.

How is Woody? Not seen him in years.

Capital w@nkfest on 08:35 - Nov 3 with 1700 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Capital w@nkfest on 06:34 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

How is Woody? Not seen him in years.

Back in Cardiff , working in education and became a father for the first time 9 days ago to a baby boy ! Visited him yesterday and he's doing great

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024