Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February 17:17 - Nov 11 with 7231 viewsLord_Bony

It's all happening in Swansea Perchie.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/swanseas-restored-beachfro

And very nice it looks to with stunning views...looks like a winner to me.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 12:49 - Nov 12 with 1178 viewsGowerjack

Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 21:24 - Nov 11 by Swanzay

Wake up friend , as Dr W said if its such a great idea why would they need Govt backing?

The proposed technology is simply lacking.....

Absolute nonsense.

The technology is proven.

The French have been using it for over 50 years.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 13:09 - Nov 12 with 1167 viewsexhmrc1

Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 11:01 - Nov 12 by Private_Partz

Nothing much for me to disagree with there.
Except for the fact we need to improve the shopping experience. Filling units that are old and too spaced out is not going to work, we need a compact City Centre which can be expanded.
As for your comments on John Lewis then I am not sure I agree. A flagship store such as this would increase footfall dramatically in my opinion. Just as an IKEA on the outskirts of Swansea would have brought in visitors from the greater region and Ireland. Instead it went to Cardiff and now you have two units 20 miles apart competing with each other.
I agree we struggle due to lack of investment therby we have issues supporting large developments such as this . Imho though it is defeatist to dismiss Swansea's potential because of this.
What we should be doing, along with the rest of Wales, is highlighting the vast and growing discrepancy between us and Cardiff and demanding our share.

I don't share your confidence over John Lewis. David Evans closed due to lack of trade. Since then many of its older customers have passed away. There has been a move away from that type of store. We now have internet shopping, out of town shopping centres and supermarkets selling clothes. Youngsters today tend to buy cheaper clothes rather than the quality the likes of M&S and House of Fraser. They tend to go for George, Primark etc. Slightly older tend to for next and people in their 60s M&S. Whilst there are some who would shop there the likelihood is it would be nowhere near enough to make it successful.
Our shopping centre is compact now. It basically goes from Castle Square to the Quadrant.
Building a new shopping centre towards Oystermouth Road makes it less compact rather than more.
What we need is more mid range shops. Personally I would like to see the likes of Mothercare in the centre rather than places like Parc Tawe or the Morfa.
Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 16:08 - Nov 12 with 1131 viewsmax936

Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 21:40 - Nov 11 by whoflungdung

Damage the bay...yes

Can't see how myself

The bay has idyllic views especially when the tides in Spring Tides especially, even low water [tide out] has its own beauty, that monstrosity will spoil that, they can shove it and take it elsewhere for me and nothing will persuade me otherwise

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 17:12 - Nov 12 with 1106 viewsjack247

Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 16:08 - Nov 12 by max936

The bay has idyllic views especially when the tides in Spring Tides especially, even low water [tide out] has its own beauty, that monstrosity will spoil that, they can shove it and take it elsewhere for me and nothing will persuade me otherwise

I thought it was going by the docks? Unless I’m missing something, the only thing it will spoil is the view of Port Talbot
Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 17:35 - Nov 12 with 1095 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 17:12 - Nov 12 by jack247

I thought it was going by the docks? Unless I’m missing something, the only thing it will spoil is the view of Port Talbot

It is over by the docks .

What’s it going to spoil?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 17:40 - Nov 12 with 1090 viewsjack247

Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 17:35 - Nov 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

It is over by the docks .

What’s it going to spoil?

Nothing as far as I can see. The way people have been talking you’d swear they were putting it in three cliffs
Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 17:41 - Nov 12 with 1090 viewsmax936

Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 17:12 - Nov 12 by jack247

When you look over from the Mumbles it'll spoil the view of Jersey Marine beach and the Tawe River entrance, I like the bay as it is, other people like yourself will have a different view, but that's mine.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 19:00 - Nov 12 with 1044 viewsjackportis

Let’s hope some of the low calibration locals or indeed those from the valleys don’t come down and spoil this place.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Login to get fewer ads

Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 19:45 - Nov 12 with 1015 viewslondonlisa2001

Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 19:00 - Nov 12 by jackportis

Let’s hope some of the low calibration locals or indeed those from the valleys don’t come down and spoil this place.

I know - they'll be trying to attract people that don't know the difference between calibration and calibre next.
Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 19:48 - Nov 12 with 1008 viewsDarran

Swanseas Beachfront Tower re opens as a restraunt and cocktail bar in February on 19:45 - Nov 12 by londonlisa2001

I know - they'll be trying to attract people that don't know the difference between calibration and calibre next.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024