Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calvin extends contract till 2019 10:12 - Nov 23 with 13283 viewsmeeee

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/november/andrew_contract-extension_nov-2
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 10:15 - Nov 23 with 7461 viewsnordenblue

Good news.....
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 10:16 - Nov 23 with 7458 viewsChaffRAFC

How?

Based on what?

Is Hill actually planning for League Two already?

I've had concerns that Hill has lost the plot with some of his decision making and this doesn't go any way to quashing my concerns!

FFS!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 12:34 - Nov 23 with 7281 viewsBlueboy

If this is the best we can do then I won't be renewing my season ticket,not helping finance a non goalscoring striker.
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 13:38 - Nov 23 with 7158 viewsRAFCBLUE

Adds a year to a player used to playing in a League 1/League 2 squad.

Needs to add goals to his game for me and become a bit more ruthless. Great guy off the field and as part of the squad.

I think the timing of this is more to do with Hill's target man options.

Stephen Davies is out of contract I think in Summer 2018. Personally, based on his fitness issues, I don't think he will stay since we need a player who can play every week and sadly his fitness issues don't put him into the category.

In the case, this is good move - we do have one target man secure for next season - with recruitment possible for another.

What would worry me is if Davies signed an extension too. I don't think he's worth that based on what we have seen fitness/performance wise since his last extension in February 2017.

Another mobile target man in is definetely and area that we could strengthen.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 15:43 - Nov 23 with 6991 viewsParkinsGimp

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 13:38 - Nov 23 by RAFCBLUE

Adds a year to a player used to playing in a League 1/League 2 squad.

Needs to add goals to his game for me and become a bit more ruthless. Great guy off the field and as part of the squad.

I think the timing of this is more to do with Hill's target man options.

Stephen Davies is out of contract I think in Summer 2018. Personally, based on his fitness issues, I don't think he will stay since we need a player who can play every week and sadly his fitness issues don't put him into the category.

In the case, this is good move - we do have one target man secure for next season - with recruitment possible for another.

What would worry me is if Davies signed an extension too. I don't think he's worth that based on what we have seen fitness/performance wise since his last extension in February 2017.

Another mobile target man in is definetely and area that we could strengthen.

Needs to add goals to his game ? Come on hes had 14 years and not done it yet.
Not a great guy on the field with an assault on another player, that could easily of killed him if hit at the right angle. Clarke didnt even know it was coming so totally defenceless. It was a dispicable act and should of given this "family club" the opportunity it needed to get rid of dead wood,
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:25 - Nov 23 with 6904 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 15:43 - Nov 23 by ParkinsGimp

Not a great guy on the field with an assault on another player, that could easily of killed him if hit at the right angle. Clarke didnt even know it was coming so totally defenceless. It was a dispicable act and should of given this "family club" the opportunity it needed to get rid of dead wood,

It's just a shame we can't get rid of some dead wood "fans"
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:35 - Nov 23 with 6866 viewsRAFCBLUE

Yep PG he needs to add goals to his game. If he does that he'd be a more valuable asset.

At present he is good in the air - defensively and offensively - but doesn't get that goal return - never has.

To do that he needs to be more ruthless when he gets minutes on the pitch. Telling that during his career over 12 different clubs he has more sub appearances than starts.

Calvin's disciplinary record for us is something like 12 yellow cards in all the time he's been here - 4 a season.

The Clarke incident was bad and exceptionally out of character and he was quite rightly severley punished. The FA even gave credit for his prior conduct in reducing the initial ban and testimony from Clarke that he accepted that it was out of character.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:39 - Nov 23 with 6845 viewsrochdale_ranger

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:25 - Nov 23 by nordenblue

Embarrassing.
Login to get fewer ads

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:43 - Nov 23 with 6833 viewsrochdale_ranger

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:35 - Nov 23 by RAFCBLUE

Yep PG he needs to add goals to his game. If he does that he'd be a more valuable asset.

At present he is good in the air - defensively and offensively - but doesn't get that goal return - never has.

To do that he needs to be more ruthless when he gets minutes on the pitch. Telling that during his career over 12 different clubs he has more sub appearances than starts.

Calvin's disciplinary record for us is something like 12 yellow cards in all the time he's been here - 4 a season.

The Clarke incident was bad and exceptionally out of character and he was quite rightly severley punished. The FA even gave credit for his prior conduct in reducing the initial ban and testimony from Clarke that he accepted that it was out of character.

Does anybody know why he elbowed Clarke?
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:49 - Nov 23 with 6782 viewssoulboy

Im not condoning what CA did, but can only presume he'd had Clark in his ear all through the game and had taken enough. Are you suggesting that CA or any player about to commit a challenge as bad as that would think twice as he plays for a 'family club'?
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:53 - Nov 23 with 6783 viewsmiddyman

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 10:15 - Nov 23 by nordenblue

Good news.....

How can that possibly be good news. We are struggling for goals so extend a contract to someone who scores when he wants which is not very often !!
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:59 - Nov 23 with 6762 viewsD_Alien

Can't believe people are still trying to rake over old coals, can't you just move on?

Calvin's not just an aerial target man, he has a pretty decent game on the floor too and is possibly our no.1 assist in chances this season

Sure, I'd like to see him score more regularly but he's not being played in a central position. I'm happy to see him gain an extension to his contract, he's an asset to the football club, simple as that

[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 17:04]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 17:37 - Nov 23 with 6660 viewsBlueMessiah

Superb news and such a boost midst all this doom and gloom.
Calvin's only 30 so hes got plenty of time to add those goals to his game and become the "Complete Forward"
Im guessing once that happens he will be very much sought-after by the bigger clubs so having him contracted makes perfect sense and will allow us to command a much higher fee. Heaven forbid we were to lose him for nowt.
For now lets hope he carries on the fantastic contributions of this season so far, keeps trying really hard and continues to create chances that are missed during our defeats.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 17:44 - Nov 23 with 6638 viewsJL_Dale

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:35 - Nov 23 by RAFCBLUE

Good in the air defensively?

When?

Attacks the ball instead of marking his man and gives them a free header.
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 18:47 - Nov 23 with 6496 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:25 - Nov 23 by nordenblue

Dale need more fans, not less.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 19:07 - Nov 23 with 6444 views49thseason

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 17:37 - Nov 23 by BlueMessiah

Calvin's only 30 so hes got plenty of time to add those goals to his game and become the "Complete Forward"
Im guessing once that happens he will be very much sought-after by the bigger clubs so having him contracted makes perfect sense and will allow us to command a much higher fee. Heaven forbid we were to lose him for nowt.
For now lets hope he carries on the fantastic contributions of this season so far, keeps trying really hard and continues to create chances that are missed during our defeats.

He is 31 just before Christmas and there is about as much chance of him adding goals to his game as there is of him becoming a world-renowned brain surgeon. He has two attributes which, to be fair, should be part of the stock-in-trade of any professional footballer, he can run all day and jumps quite high. Beyond those qualities, there is little else that qualifies him to even play professional football. To be honest we might as well play Canavan up front. The saving grace in all this is that everyone seems to say he is a good bloke to have at the club and barring the "incident" a decent role model for younger players. I presume he is not a top earner and therefore fulfils a role within the squad that might be difficult to fill on similar wages.
It seems evident that the troubles with Steve Davies' fitness are resulting in Calvin getting more game time but a career average of 36 goals in 353 appearances ( 1in 10) tells you all you need to know about his propensity to score goals, indeed he is currently enjoying a halcyon period at Dale with 19 in 125 games, a little under 1 goal in every in 7 games, slightly worse than the much-maligned George Donelly (1 in 6) or Vernon Allatt (1 in 5) but much better than Paul Tait (1 in 16). Steve Davies has scored 13 in 39 appearances (1 in 3).
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 19:18 - Nov 23 with 6414 viewssince58

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 17:37 - Nov 23 by BlueMessiah

now now. don't wind em all up.
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 19:41 - Nov 23 with 6337 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 19:07 - Nov 23 by 49thseason

He is 31 just before Christmas and there is about as much chance of him adding goals to his game as there is of him becoming a world-renowned brain surgeon. He has two attributes which, to be fair, should be part of the stock-in-trade of any professional footballer, he can run all day and jumps quite high. Beyond those qualities, there is little else that qualifies him to even play professional football. To be honest we might as well play Canavan up front. The saving grace in all this is that everyone seems to say he is a good bloke to have at the club and barring the "incident" a decent role model for younger players. I presume he is not a top earner and therefore fulfils a role within the squad that might be difficult to fill on similar wages.
It seems evident that the troubles with Steve Davies' fitness are resulting in Calvin getting more game time but a career average of 36 goals in 353 appearances ( 1in 10) tells you all you need to know about his propensity to score goals, indeed he is currently enjoying a halcyon period at Dale with 19 in 125 games, a little under 1 goal in every in 7 games, slightly worse than the much-maligned George Donelly (1 in 6) or Vernon Allatt (1 in 5) but much better than Paul Tait (1 in 16). Steve Davies has scored 13 in 39 appearances (1 in 3).

I agree with all of that. There is no doubting his work ethic, but I have never rated his actual results. Yes he wins a lot of ball, but whenever I saw him, it seamed that mostly the ball fell either to an opposition player or went out of play.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:03 - Nov 23 with 6270 viewsDale23years

First McNulty, then Hendo now Andrew, well done Keith

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:13 - Nov 23 with 6240 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:03 - Nov 23 by Dale23years

First McNulty, then Hendo now Andrew, well done Keith

The Hendo one was understandable, but not the other two, IMHO.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:23 - Nov 23 with 6207 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:53 - Nov 23 by middyman

How can that possibly be good news. We are struggling for goals so extend a contract to someone who scores when he wants which is not very often !!

So it's all down to Calvin why the club's not scoring goals,remarkable...

I'd look more at the other end to see why we are where we are in the league too.
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:26 - Nov 23 with 6196 viewsDale23years

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:13 - Nov 23 by 1mark1

The Hendo one was understandable, but not the other two, IMHO.

I agree but not to 2020!

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:30 - Nov 23 with 6185 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:23 - Nov 23 by nordenblue

So it's all down to Calvin why the club's not scoring goals,remarkable...

I'd look more at the other end to see why we are where we are in the league too.

We are conceedeing too many and not scoring enough. Not just Calvin’s fault at all. But do you honestly think he deserves a contract extension now, especially if that means it might prevent going for a better option? And NO I don’t believe strikers grow on trees, however, I am pretty sure there could well be better options out there, available.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:31 - Nov 23 with 6180 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 18:47 - Nov 23 by 1mark1

Dale need more fans, not less.

Don't need any more over reactive tossers constantly calling for the managers head or slagging the players off any time we lose,theres enough of them on here
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:34 - Nov 23 with 6176 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:39 - Nov 23 by rochdale_ranger

Embarrassing.

More embarrassing than calling for the club to possibly sack the most successful man the club's ever seen after his first sticky spell? Good effort
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024