Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fleetwood sign paddy madden 19:30 - Jan 2 with 10371 viewscon_dale

How the hell are Fleetwood signing proven and possibly the best striker in this division over a few seasons and we have to get reserve and non league forwards?
Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 19:34 - Jan 2 with 6439 viewsscarrow

Because they are bank rolled by a rich benefactor.

Poll: Final position

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 19:41 - Jan 2 with 6412 viewsBlueMessiah

Because we've committed a large amount of our finances towards s 5 year contract for our manager, who in turn has committed the club's money into extending the contracts of fans' favourites Calvin Andrew and "Big" Jim McNulty.. He's also made some other very questionable decisions about other players, all of whom get paid whether they play or not.

As a result we're skint.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 19:51 - Jan 2 with 6369 viewsnordenblue

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 19:41 - Jan 2 by BlueMessiah

Because we've committed a large amount of our finances towards s 5 year contract for our manager, who in turn has committed the club's money into extending the contracts of fans' favourites Calvin Andrew and "Big" Jim McNulty.. He's also made some other very questionable decisions about other players, all of whom get paid whether they play or not.

As a result we're skint.

Dont remember many on here objecting at the time to the contract extension of our manager,can you point the previous posts out for us all?
Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 20:06 - Jan 2 with 6297 viewsmacro

Cut the bull about Hill, Andrew and McNulty’s contracts before they are given we couldn’t compete financially with Fleetwood when they signed Eastham. Those contracts don’t change the fact that we had 0% chance of signed Madden for a six figure fee and pay him a substantial wage. Don’t let the facts get in the way of things.
Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 20:15 - Jan 2 with 6233 viewsValleySaddler

Maybe he didn’t fancy playing right back for the foreseeable future at Dale..
Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 21:03 - Jan 2 with 6066 viewselectricblue

What as Hills 5yr contract got to with anything !
As the way i see it his wages will come out of the next 5seasons playing budget and not all at once....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 21:07 - Jan 2 with 6041 viewsfitzochris

Motherwell are about to sign Main from Portsmouth, to replace Moult who went to Preston. Portsmouth apparently have another League One striker lined up, who is “scoring for his club”.

Rules out any of ours then.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 21:16 - Jan 2 with 5999 viewsrochdaleriddler

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 19:41 - Jan 2 by BlueMessiah

As a result we're skint.

Yep

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 21:18 - Jan 2 with 5989 viewsrochdaleriddler

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 19:51 - Jan 2 by nordenblue

Dont remember many on here objecting at the time to the contract extension of our manager,can you point the previous posts out for us all?

What are you on about, hill managed to wangle a deal based on the premise he was in demand, he wasn't and he isnt

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 21:20 - Jan 2 with 5974 viewsrochdaleriddler

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 20:06 - Jan 2 by macro

Cut the bull about Hill, Andrew and McNulty’s contracts before they are given we couldn’t compete financially with Fleetwood when they signed Eastham. Those contracts don’t change the fact that we had 0% chance of signed Madden for a six figure fee and pay him a substantial wage. Don’t let the facts get in the way of things.

#hilllove

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 21:46 - Jan 2 with 5951 viewskiwidale

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 21:18 - Jan 2 by rochdaleriddler

What are you on about, hill managed to wangle a deal based on the premise he was in demand, he wasn't and he isnt

that was not the case You might have been alarmed when the 5 year deal was announced but most of us were delighted to get the best manager we have ever had to commit to it. I just cant understand why he persists with what seems to me bizarre slections I can only put it down to ego and his unchallenged position in the club. I don't know how many coaches work with the first team or how much input they have but surely they don't all agree with what is happening? is Hill ever challenged? or is he really god.

This is not the time for bickering.

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 23:04 - Jan 2 with 5728 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Madden in fairness is a slightly younger version of Matt done, who has had issues off the pitch and with staff and will be on beckford wages. Probably cost 400k and whilst he would improve us I don’t see his worth at this level.

Hill is on a 5 year deal but it will be performance related, have clauses, transfer incentives and all sorts. Talk of 200k a year basic will be way off. Doubt it’s half that pre bonus.

I personally found Keith was a dickhead in the dressing room, bit of a nasty bully, on the couple of times I met him, but he seemed top dog with others. To put it into context 20 years ago I worked for an insurance company and had to meet all the playing staff.

Hill was a dick, as was fensome, Mark bailey and Izzy Diaz were 2 of the nicest people you would want to meet. Ian Bryson was also a really good guy.

It’s weird to look back at the era I enjoyed most - that of Sutton, mick docherty , les duckworth, frannie, Richard. All who cared so so much. I may as well buy 250 shares in Barclays these days rather than a shirt and season ticket. I hate that but at least they explain their actions once a year and are held responsible - mug punters - form an orderly line for next bunch of lies!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 00:11 - Jan 3 with 5604 viewsdingdangblue

'Wangle a deal" ?
Good one 👍🏻
Hill could jack it in tomorrow and there would be a host of clubs who would jump at the chance of him being their manager.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 06:38 - Jan 3 with 5450 viewsnordenblue

Everyone else seems to fully understand what im on about,just you?

Remind us all with the posts you made objecting to the club offering Hill a 5 year contract at the time,im sure you'll be able to put your finger on them all.....
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 7:09]
Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 08:35 - Jan 3 with 5326 viewscon_dale

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 19:34 - Jan 2 by scarrow

Because they are bank rolled by a rich benefactor.

I’ve supported dale for over 40 years and I’m not a person that thinks we should put all our eggs in one basket like bURY and over spend but we have taken a massive step back, we losted 3 good players and replaced them with un proven players at this level.
We received a fee for Allen and got a big un expected pay out from the hogan sale, should we not have used a tiny little bit to invest in proven players and try pushing on?
As I’ve said I don’t want us to put the club in danger financially but the negativity of the club will loose support instead of putting extra bums on seats pushing at the top end of table!
Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 09:31 - Jan 3 with 5230 viewsBigKindo

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 20:06 - Jan 2 by macro

Suggestion in the Scunthorpe Telegraph of a fee of £ 150k
Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 09:44 - Jan 3 with 5201 viewscon_dale

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 09:31 - Jan 3 by BigKindo

Suggestion in the Scunthorpe Telegraph of a fee of £ 150k

That’s peanuts for a proven goal scorer at this level, we paid close to that for a non league player!
Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 10:40 - Jan 3 with 5083 viewsTVOS1907

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 09:44 - Jan 3 by con_dale

That’s peanuts for a proven goal scorer at this level, we paid close to that for a non league player!

Madden will also be receiving a substantial sum in wages over the two-and-a-half years of his contract.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 11:13 - Jan 3 with 5038 viewsParkinsGimp

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 21:03 - Jan 2 by electricblue

What as Hills 5yr contract got to with anything !
As the way i see it his wages will come out of the next 5seasons playing budget and not all at once....

Yeah right , why would any club/board give a manager a 5 year contract unless he was being constantly attached to jobs that were coming up. Unfortunately Hills stock in the wider football market isnt as great as some mongs and Hill himself believes.
It smacks of suicide to me to offer such a contract to a manager if compensation wasnt the issue for when he leaves.
Also anyone want to tell me extended/increased contracts for Andrew and McNulty are good for the club. Both these players are clowns who would struggle to get in a National League side!!!!
Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 11:19 - Jan 3 with 5017 viewsmingthemerciless

Whenever a Championship manager was fired over the last season or two I could never understand why Hill's name was almost never mentioned. That was when his stock was flying high and his re ord at the 'Dale was second to none. When you think that in this area alone Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn, Preston, Blackpool all appointed people in that time it makes you wonder why ?
Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 11:20 - Jan 3 with 5016 viewsParkinsGimp

Spot on Kiwi, Hill seems unchallengeable . He has the run of the club because of the toothless board. I agree he has been the best manager we have ever had and I dont think anyone could ever argue against that but , his arrogance is seriously affecting the team and results. He has lost the midas touch with picking T"rds and polishing them and putting players in obscure positions and making it work. He lost the plot at his only other club and I fear he is losing it here. The signings this season have been abysmal and his contract extension offers utterly laughable . We must be planning for relegation and some great games against the likes of Cambridge , Grimsby, Colchester, Accy , Yeovil and Crawley ...cant wait and the crowds will be flooding back.
Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 11:24 - Jan 3 with 5006 viewsSmarmyTwat

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 10:40 - Jan 3 by TVOS1907

Madden will also be receiving a substantial sum in wages over the two-and-a-half years of his contract.

How much?
Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 11:28 - Jan 3 with 4991 viewsSmarmyTwat

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 11:20 - Jan 3 by ParkinsGimp

Spot on Kiwi, Hill seems unchallengeable . He has the run of the club because of the toothless board. I agree he has been the best manager we have ever had and I dont think anyone could ever argue against that but , his arrogance is seriously affecting the team and results. He has lost the midas touch with picking T"rds and polishing them and putting players in obscure positions and making it work. He lost the plot at his only other club and I fear he is losing it here. The signings this season have been abysmal and his contract extension offers utterly laughable . We must be planning for relegation and some great games against the likes of Cambridge , Grimsby, Colchester, Accy , Yeovil and Crawley ...cant wait and the crowds will be flooding back.

Flocking?
Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 11:39 - Jan 3 with 4960 viewsRAFCBLUE

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 10:40 - Jan 3 by TVOS1907

If you want quality, you have to pay the price.

Proven League 1 goalscorers, or goalscorers at any level, do not come cheaply.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 11:50 - Jan 3 with 4933 viewsdingdangblue

Fleetwood sign paddy madden on 11:20 - Jan 3 by ParkinsGimp

'The likes of' ? Most of those clubs have better pasts than Dale, been in Division 1/Championship and potential for bigger crowds. We've done well to have 8-9 great seasons and it's all down to 1 manager.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024