Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Space X / Elon Musk 10:12 - Feb 6 with 6796 viewsLegend83

Anyone follow Space X developments? I only recently started learning about what they are now capable of and it's pretty fascinating and exciting.

Tonight they plan to launch the largest unmanned rocket into orbit, delivering a Tesla sports car into space. All three rocket boosters will then automatically return home and (hopefully) land on their pads, to be reused at a later date.

Cool animation video below:

Awesome!
Space X / Elon Musk on 10:20 - Feb 6 with 6784 viewspikeypaul

Amazing what PayPal can do.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Space X / Elon Musk on 10:58 - Feb 6 with 6758 viewsyescomeon

The re-usability of the rockets is a great idea. The way they can get them to land, just amazing.

Upthecity!

Space X / Elon Musk on 11:13 - Feb 6 with 6750 viewsLegend83

The future of long-distance travel?

Space X / Elon Musk on 11:23 - Feb 6 with 6742 viewsswanjackal

Space X / Elon Musk on 11:13 - Feb 6 by Legend83

Let's hope that it is more scientifically sound and possible, compared to the Hyperloop project Mr Musk has backed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Space X / Elon Musk on 12:11 - Feb 6 with 6718 viewsBrynCartwright

Space X / Elon Musk on 11:23 - Feb 6 by swanjackal

Let's hope that it is more scientifically sound and possible, compared to the Hyperloop project Mr Musk has backed.

I thought there was significant progress with Hyperloop...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/19/16795386/virgin-hyperloop-test-one-top-speed

Have you heard anything different buddy?

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Space X / Elon Musk on 12:39 - Feb 6 with 6693 viewsswanjackal

Space X / Elon Musk on 12:11 - Feb 6 by BrynCartwright

I thought there was significant progress with Hyperloop...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/19/16795386/virgin-hyperloop-test-one-top-speed

Have you heard anything different buddy?

Costs (maintenance, cost of material, power cost of maintaining a vacuum over long distances etc.), dangers (thermal expansion between joints and in tubing (tube will be warmer at top than bottom too causing tube curvature causing tubes to pull apart.), vacuum collapse at a breach, braking force, etc.). The tube for travel has to be perfect in condition or problems could be catastrophic. The basic theory is sound, just like an air hockey table, but everything around it makes it useless and ludicrously expensive.

To have this over a suitable range (travel from one area to another) the cost would be ludicrous and the dangers would multiply. There are severe problems with test track already, rust and expansion gaps and this is only over a 1.2 km, straight test track.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Space X / Elon Musk on 13:37 - Feb 6 with 6658 viewspikeypaul

Space X / Elon Musk on 12:39 - Feb 6 by swanjackal

Costs (maintenance, cost of material, power cost of maintaining a vacuum over long distances etc.), dangers (thermal expansion between joints and in tubing (tube will be warmer at top than bottom too causing tube curvature causing tubes to pull apart.), vacuum collapse at a breach, braking force, etc.). The tube for travel has to be perfect in condition or problems could be catastrophic. The basic theory is sound, just like an air hockey table, but everything around it makes it useless and ludicrously expensive.

To have this over a suitable range (travel from one area to another) the cost would be ludicrous and the dangers would multiply. There are severe problems with test track already, rust and expansion gaps and this is only over a 1.2 km, straight test track.

But apart from that it’s going well.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Space X / Elon Musk on 13:39 - Feb 6 with 6659 viewsswanjackal

Space X / Elon Musk on 13:37 - Feb 6 by pikeypaul

But apart from that it’s going well.

Could have pointed out that currently it isn't what the Hyperloop was originally advertised as, a complete vacuum transport system, and not the partial vacuum that is currently in place.

Login to get fewer ads

Space X / Elon Musk on 13:50 - Feb 6 with 6640 viewslondonlisa2001

I don't know whether it's the same elsewhere, but the number of people driving around in Tesla cars here now is unbelievable,

It's gone from seeing maybe 1 every few weeks a year or so ago to seeing at least 10 or 12 every time I leave the house.
Space X / Elon Musk on 14:31 - Feb 6 with 6612 viewsLegend83

Space X / Elon Musk on 13:50 - Feb 6 by londonlisa2001

I don't know whether it's the same elsewhere, but the number of people driving around in Tesla cars here now is unbelievable,

It's gone from seeing maybe 1 every few weeks a year or so ago to seeing at least 10 or 12 every time I leave the house.

Yep, and Tesla still haemorrhages money.
Space X / Elon Musk on 16:53 - Feb 6 with 6562 viewsLord_Bony

Space X / Elon Musk on 14:31 - Feb 6 by Legend83

Yep, and Tesla still haemorrhages money.

Aye,they turnover nearly three billion a year but still no profit.

They are hoping to ramp up production to 10,000 cars a week next year.

That should turn things round.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Space X / Elon Musk on 17:31 - Feb 6 with 6541 viewsLord_Bony

Wow from the lunar orbit to Mars is 34 million miles.

At 68,000 mph that's about 40 days to get to the Red Planet mainly by solar power.

That's quite exciting and very doable.

The colonisation of Mars will begin soon,especially now they have found water on the moon.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Space X / Elon Musk on 19:48 - Feb 6 with 6468 viewsBrynCartwright

Space X / Elon Musk on 17:31 - Feb 6 by Lord_Bony

At 68,000 mph that's about 40 days to get to the Red Planet mainly by solar power.

The colonisation of Mars will begin soon,especially now they have found water on the moon.

It has to be done for no other reason than the sheer number of dildos down here on Earth.

Space X / Elon Musk on 20:00 - Feb 6 with 6458 viewsDrizzy

You don't know whether West London is the same as everywhere else?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Space X / Elon Musk on 20:20 - Feb 6 with 6452 viewswaynekerr55

They've taken over the classic car place on Hogarth roundabout note, haven't they?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Space X / Elon Musk on 21:15 - Feb 6 with 6427 viewsJimmyGilligan

One of the most amazing things i've ever witnessed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVYWnJlU0AAcaXV?format=jpg

[Post edited 6 Feb 2018 21:20]
Space X / Elon Musk on 21:17 - Feb 6 with 6425 viewsBanosswan

I'll re-post one of my best (worst) jokes here.

Why did Elon Musk choose space x to land on Mars?

Because if he'd chosen Space Y (Spacey), he'd have landed on a fourteen year old boy.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Space X / Elon Musk on 21:41 - Feb 6 with 6414 viewsJimmyGilligan

Live pictures
Space X / Elon Musk on 11:21 - Feb 7 with 6273 viewslondonlisa2001

Space X / Elon Musk on 20:00 - Feb 6 by Drizzy

You don't know whether West London is the same as everywhere else?

Elsewhere I said, not everywhere else.

I don't know whether the increase in people owning Teslas instead of similarly priced cars is unique to here for some reason (people being swept up by the trend for electric, electric charging points all over the place etc) or whether it is the same in other places. Do you not understand?

If you are attempting to make some point about their price, I'm aware that they're expensive, but I'm also aware that you see lots of similarly expensive cars in many places, including Swansea.
Space X / Elon Musk on 11:30 - Feb 7 with 6269 viewslondonlisa2001

Space X / Elon Musk on 20:20 - Feb 6 by waynekerr55

They've taken over the classic car place on Hogarth roundabout note, haven't they?

Yes. They also have a showroom in the Westfield shopping centre (or at least they did have, not sure whether they've shut it now after opening the one on Hogarth roundabout).

See loads of them about now.

When I asked my earlier question I was thinking the rise in electric is happening very quickly, and we have charging points going in all over the place. Don't know if elsewhere is the same.
Space X / Elon Musk on 11:47 - Feb 7 with 6252 viewsLord_Bony

Space X / Elon Musk on 17:31 - Feb 6 by Lord_Bony

Sorry, that calculation was wrong.

I ve reworked it and is actually 21 days to get to mars at 68,000 mph.

21 DAYS FFS!!!

Incredible.

Space X / Elon Musk on 12:37 - Feb 7 with 6223 viewsBrynCartwright

Space X / Elon Musk on 11:47 - Feb 7 by Lord_Bony

Sorry, that calculation was wrong.

I ve reworked it and is actually 21 days to get to mars at 68,000 mph.

21 DAYS FFS!!!

Incredible.

Surely the time it takes to get to Mars at whatever velocity depends on the relative positions in orbit of the Earth and Mars?

But just 21 days at the closest distance is just awesome.

Elon is a visionary.

Space X / Elon Musk on 21:01 - Feb 7 with 6150 viewsPozuelosSideys

The landing of the rockets is the best bit (2 out 3 aint bad for a first test run). Skip to about 1.35 for that.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Space X / Elon Musk on 21:03 - Feb 7 with 6148 viewsDr_Winston

The more involvement in space exploration from the private sector the better, even if eventuallly it'll result in the odd cockup like in the case of LV-426.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Space X / Elon Musk on 23:29 - Feb 7 with 6093 viewsEbo

Maybe Pikey can get a split ticket one way to ferkin mars, at least he will have left the EU.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024