Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently 08:09 - Mar 26 with 11857 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea City hope to sign midfielder Andy King permanently in the summer if they secure Premier League survival.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43538598

#backtojack

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 14:12 - Mar 26 with 2623 viewsSwan91

We need to sign quite alot of players next transfer window, and they are not all going to be 10-15million star players. I actually like King and he seems to fit nicely in CC's team. The type of cm we need atm.. short passing cm who can hold on to the ball. And if we sign another cm who is even better.. then he would be a good substitute midfielder.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 14:42 - Mar 26 with 2578 viewsoldcob

On todays showing for Wales, I'd pick Andy King before Joey.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 15:32 - Mar 26 with 2526 viewsthornabyswan

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:25 - Mar 26 by monmouth

Well now. I was totally underwhelmed by this loan deal because I thought he was pretty crap if I'm honest, a championship player. But after watching that one game and the way he kept the ball moving, brought others into play and did a shedload of dirty work, I was very impressed.

Leon is gone, done, injury prone and an old man. Very sad and a massive blow, but happens to us all. We have been trying to get similar since Canas and failed. Look at frigging Mesa. At least with King we are having a look first before buying and, if we think he's doing it then yes of course we should buy rather than taking another risk. I swear to God some think there is a production line of fantastic players that no one else has seen. Every transfer is a massive risk. Every one. At least with this one we've tried before we buy.

Good value for a decent player.
I don't get it why some on here get so excited by foreign signings Baston Tabanou Messa for example.
Hopefully Stoke will go down and Joe Allen will be back as well with it looking likely Ki will be on his way.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 15:46 - Mar 26 with 2514 viewsawayjack

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 14:42 - Mar 26 by oldcob

Must have seen a different game. King looked weak in the tackle and lost the ball too many times.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 15:59 - Mar 26 with 2495 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 14:42 - Mar 26 by oldcob

On the past 7 years Id pick Joey over Andy King (& that includes getting splinters in his arse @ Liverpool)

I cant see us spending the dosh to buy Joey though.

6 million a decent enough signing as Monmouth said was underwhelmed when he signed but has done a tidy job.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 16:12 - Mar 26 with 2488 viewsLeonWasGod

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 14:12 - Mar 26 by Swan91

We need to sign quite alot of players next transfer window, and they are not all going to be 10-15million star players. I actually like King and he seems to fit nicely in CC's team. The type of cm we need atm.. short passing cm who can hold on to the ball. And if we sign another cm who is even better.. then he would be a good substitute midfielder.

Let's nip any expectation in the bud now. We're not going to be signing lots of players in the summer, hardly any are going to be £10-15m and none will be star players. Andre Ayew is our marque signing for 2018. We may go for another if we get a good fee for Mawson, but history suggests even that is unlikely.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 16:17 - Mar 26 with 2482 viewsNeath_Jack

For those mumping about Joey coming back, i was speaking to his old mans mate only last week, and said about him coming back here if they go down, and his old man said he doesn't think he will sign for us, even in that scenario.

Make of that what you will.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 16:36 - Mar 26 with 2471 viewsCooperman

£6m is the new £5m.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 16:47 - Mar 26 with 2467 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 16:17 - Mar 26 by Neath_Jack

For those mumping about Joey coming back, i was speaking to his old mans mate only last week, and said about him coming back here if they go down, and his old man said he doesn't think he will sign for us, even in that scenario.

Make of that what you will.

Kin ell Jay thanks for that

As I said thought it wouldn’t happen but could of at least lasted the rumour out for a bit of the summer
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 16:53 - Mar 26 with 2456 viewsNeath_Jack

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 16:47 - Mar 26 by pencoedjack

Kin ell Jay thanks for that

As I said thought it wouldn’t happen but could of at least lasted the rumour out for a bit of the summer

Got to be honest, it took me by surprise too, i thought he would have jumped at the chance to return to his boyhood club. Then again, if Stoke did actually go down and there was no "big" club interested, then surely he would. But it seems like we aren't on his radar.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 17:12 - Mar 26 with 2438 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 16:53 - Mar 26 by Neath_Jack

Got to be honest, it took me by surprise too, i thought he would have jumped at the chance to return to his boyhood club. Then again, if Stoke did actually go down and there was no "big" club interested, then surely he would. But it seems like we aren't on his radar.

Joe's still miffed at HJ's mishandling of his transfer from Liverpool.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 17:53 - Mar 26 with 2414 viewsNeath_Jack

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 17:12 - Mar 26 by theloneranger

Joe's still miffed at HJ's mishandling of his transfer from Liverpool.

Yeah, that's a load of bollocks as well apparently. He never had any intentions of joining us from Liverpool.

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 17:55 - Mar 26 with 2414 viewsharryhpalmer

£6m. Worth every penny.

We've got a big turnover of players possibly happening in the Summer, it would be pretty daft not to keep a player who 1. Knows the team. 2. Knows the tactics (if Carlos stays). 3. is proven in the Division.

He's done well so far in the white shirt, and looked one of Wales' best players in the last week.

I cant think who people think they will get better for £6m.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 18:29 - Mar 26 with 2385 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:25 - Mar 26 by monmouth

Well now. I was totally underwhelmed by this loan deal because I thought he was pretty crap if I'm honest, a championship player. But after watching that one game and the way he kept the ball moving, brought others into play and did a shedload of dirty work, I was very impressed.

Leon is gone, done, injury prone and an old man. Very sad and a massive blow, but happens to us all. We have been trying to get similar since Canas and failed. Look at frigging Mesa. At least with King we are having a look first before buying and, if we think he's doing it then yes of course we should buy rather than taking another risk. I swear to God some think there is a production line of fantastic players that no one else has seen. Every transfer is a massive risk. Every one. At least with this one we've tried before we buy.

When we spent around the same on Carroll who has had zero impact I'm amazed people are turning their noses up at him. Three or fpor good seasons left in him , hungry and with a point to prove. Made a massive difference to our side in the WHU game. it's a yes from me.

On another note, if we are serious about offering Carvahal a 3 year deal he must be allowed to bring in who he wants, within reason obviously. HJ must be forced to step away from recruitment by the Americans.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 18:50 - Mar 26 with 2361 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Does he improve the already weak first eleven? If not then why are we signing him?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 19:14 - Mar 26 with 2343 viewsGlyn1

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:20 - Mar 26 by Joe_bradshaw

Nothing wrong with this. He's a decent enough piano carrier.

We need to get someone to play the damn thing as well though.

Are you Carlos in disguise?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 19:18 - Mar 26 with 2327 viewsthornabyswan

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 16:53 - Mar 26 by Neath_Jack

Perhaps he wants to go to a similar club to Stoke.
My money is on Saracens.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 23:08 - Mar 26 with 2250 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:25 - Mar 26 by Pegojack

The wrong move in my opinion. I'd rather spend £6 million on an up and coming young player from maybe the Championship, rather than a 29 year old who has one or two decent seasons left in him.

Whoa, whoa, let's see him out til the end of the season and make the call then. I've been more than impressed so far and looks a better option than Ki, albeit this is on a very limited sample so far.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 23:09 - Mar 26 with 2248 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:38 - Mar 26 by Dr_Winston

This.

We'd have to be pretty sure that he is the best we can get for £6m. I'd be very surprised if he is.

If things, God willing, do come off for us, and again, with even more luck, they don't for Stoke. Surely SURELY we'll be going large for Joey...

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 23:16 - Mar 26 with 2241 viewsTheResurrection

Geez... just compare this excellent post, well written, punchy and interesting to Magicflaps's arse dribble.

The contrast is quite scary isn't it.

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 23:21 - Mar 26 with 2238 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:39 - Mar 26 by Private_Partz

Can't argue with that but for me this just goes to highlight that our recruitment procedures are shot and the bloke in charge of it hasn't got a clue.
Unless we sort this out, particularly with profit hungry Hedge Funders in the background, then the Christmas managerial merriegoround will continue and our luck will run out. If it hasn't done so already......

You have gone into the realms of the super tedious lately i'm afraid.

What people like you, and other idiots on this site, don't understand, is a football man is capable of seeing a player playing in a different team and recognising how he may fit into his own plans.

Carlos if you all remember was very selective with his choice in the window. He didn't want to go on a Magicflaps assault on a sweetshop, he picked the players that fitted into what he wanted.

So far so good. And that's Carlos' input, nobody else's. The Chairman just signs the cheque.

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 23:21 - Mar 26 with 2238 viewsSwanjaxs

Andy King is cheap at 10 million... just pay it, it's plain as day .... he absolutely bossed a quality Uruguay midfield yesterday, 2😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 23:29 - Mar 26 with 2228 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 17:53 - Mar 26 by Neath_Jack

Yeah, that's a load of bollocks as well apparently. He never had any intentions of joining us from Liverpool.

No its not NJ

His mam said he was coming back,it was that tight cvnt big nose that scuppered the deal

He was really looking forward to coming home as well
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 23:58 - Mar 26 with 2210 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 23:29 - Mar 26 by Fireboy2

No its not NJ

His mam said he was coming back,it was that tight cvnt big nose that scuppered the deal

He was really looking forward to coming home as well

Are you his Mam? I recognise your moobs.

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 05:59 - Mar 27 with 2159 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 23:09 - Mar 26 by TheResurrection

If things, God willing, do come off for us, and again, with even more luck, they don't for Stoke. Surely SURELY we'll be going large for Joey...

One minute people are castigating Jenkins for only signing players he knows, the next we get continued demands to resign Joe Allen.

The time to do a deal was before the Euros when we could have signed him, sold Ki and ended up roughly breaking even. We dallied and the price went above what we really should be looking to pay.

If Stoke go down and he's available for a sub £10m price then perhaps it's something worth resurrecting, but I wouldn't be looking to pay more than that.

If we're looking to "go large" for anyone it should be for a player who can add goals and creativity to our forward line. I'd rather try to prise Shaqiri from there first.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024