Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The off season 23:56 - May 20 with 17569 viewsjokerthief

Three things i would like to happen during the summer.
Get in early to find ideal crowd pleasing friendlies at home.
Burnley and Man City would be my choice guaranteed full house , exciting start.
Scrap the idea of taking players out of their comfort zone pre season.
July is the best month in the UK, why fly to exotic over-heated locations?
It has never worked, players start season hot bothered and exhausted.
If they deserve it, take them in Dec/Jan/Feb,.. to warm and pleasant training facilities.
And most important lets employ some 3rd level Roy Hodgson type person to keep players happy.
The manager Hill is an excellent coach, but seems to treat players in a military style way.
Not all players have the same personalities, some need an arm around them not sent to the glasshouse.
Spend 100 grand on a player at this level, it has to work.
Not a rant...just personal observations.
The off season on 12:25 - May 25 with 2406 viewsTVOS1907

The off season on 11:03 - May 25 by fitzochris

Or even better was the 7-2 demolition of Stenhousemuir and the 3-2 victory over Raith on Parkin's return a few years later.

We had Holt back then - and Kevin Townson scored an amazing chip against Claude Anelka's Raith.

Stenny are a part-time club, though, so we can't be too harsh.

Still, the fact that we pay a higher average weekly wage than most Scottish Premier League clubs at present demonstrates why the standard is falling so rapidly in Scotland.
[Post edited 25 May 2018 11:07]

I can only recall us playing at Raith twice, winning 2-0 and losing 4-1. I'll have to look up the other game when I get home tonight.

Similarly I can only recall the 5-2 at Stenhousemuir. When was the 7-2?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The off season on 12:26 - May 25 with 2400 viewsfitzochris

The off season on 12:25 - May 25 by TVOS1907

I can only recall us playing at Raith twice, winning 2-0 and losing 4-1. I'll have to look up the other game when I get home tonight.

Similarly I can only recall the 5-2 at Stenhousemuir. When was the 7-2?

It must have been 2005 because it was just before the 3-2 Raith game. I think one was a Tuesday and the other a Thursday?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The off season on 16:13 - May 25 with 2255 viewsrichfoad32

The off season on 11:56 - May 25 by fitzochris

Once upon a time they were. Lack of TV money and previous financial mismanagement has taken its toll across all of Scottish football.

I prefer watching the Scottish football to anything from the Premier League. The standard may not be so great but it hasn't been ruined by money and the players are largely homegrown. It just has a kind of earthy innocence that I enjoy.
The off season on 16:53 - May 25 with 2214 viewsfermin

The off season on 11:30 - May 25 by fitzochris

Only three clubs pay more on average than we do.

Here are the latest annual/weekly average wages for the SPL. Other than Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen, I say we would compete well in terms of pay.

Celtic - £735,040 / £14,135

Rangers - £329,600 / £6,338

Aberdeen - £136,382 / £2,623

Hearts - £95,514 / £1,837

Hibs - £87,100 / £1,675

Dundee - £59,904 / £1,152

Partick Thistle - £58,175 / £1,119

Ross County - £56,394 / £1,085

Kilmarnock - £55,100 / £1,060

St Johnstone - £47,992 / £923

Motherwell - £42,662 / £820

Hamilton - £41,488 / £798

I find it a bit hard to believe that our average weekly wage for players is around £2,000. I would have thought that was more like our top wage for players like Henderson etc.

I also find the figures on DDB's link a bit unlikely (eg that Shrewsbury pay less than us) unless it is only players in the first team squad. I wonder how accurate those figures are.

I thought I could have a look at the club accounts online but the shortened version doesn't give the salaries. Could see the shareholder listing on another document though:

https://document-api-images-prod.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docs/UyLmFXTKFwtl2AS
The off season on 17:17 - May 25 with 2194 viewsfitzochris

The off season on 16:53 - May 25 by fermin

I find it a bit hard to believe that our average weekly wage for players is around £2,000. I would have thought that was more like our top wage for players like Henderson etc.

I also find the figures on DDB's link a bit unlikely (eg that Shrewsbury pay less than us) unless it is only players in the first team squad. I wonder how accurate those figures are.

I thought I could have a look at the club accounts online but the shortened version doesn't give the salaries. Could see the shareholder listing on another document though:

https://document-api-images-prod.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docs/UyLmFXTKFwtl2AS

I reckon between £1500 and £1700 per week wouldn't be unrealistic for us since we've been in League One.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The off season on 01:08 - May 29 with 1958 viewsjokerthief

Normal practice in the July lovely weather great conditions why waste them?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024